It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediately leaving the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

If you want to go do it! Then do it!! Don't worry about money, people were able to survive thousands of years just drifting around with not much available to them. Don't ever doubt how kind humans can be to someone who is in need. I've heard many accounts that hitch-hiking in other countries is very normal so much safer.

You might be interested in some of these links:

wwoof.org...
www.couchsurfing.org...
thetravelersnotebook.com...
www.roadjunky.com...

I'm also on the edge just to just leave the country OP, I have a feeling of what is going through your head.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would think about going to South America. When was the last time somebody went to South America to start a world war?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If there is a sizable and life threatening series of events in the US, enough to seriously cripple the population or the landscape, then I would think that this would have a rippling effect around many parts of the western world (which would be the places you might choose to go).

I am not sure there is anywhere to run, really. I would seriously consider some of the more remote areas of the US, before leaving the country all together. Perhaps look for/into sparsely populated areas at high altitudes.

IF you can try staying within the US, you will not have to deal with citizenship, language or cultural issues. IF you look hard enough you may even find some "like minded" individuals, who have already planned for this.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I am in agreement with some of the other posters here that
$2000 is really not enough money. Say you want to move to one of the countries in South America. Well you are in Florida, so good flights at discount rates can be obtained primarily from Miami.

You indicated that you have a passport which is good. I will be assume you will be arriving on a tourist visa which is only good for 90 days in most instances. What are you planning on doing after that? You can apply for any number of visas that may be available but all costs money and in some cases thousands of dollars. Of course you can always take a chance and become an "illegal" which I don't recommend to anyone in any country.

You indicated you want to find work--good luck with that as either a legal or illegal. Most South American countries for example have higher unemployment than here, and your chances are slim you will obtain work. That work will probably however not be on the up & up since you "have no papers" and you will constantly be worrying about someone turning you in, or simply being stopped on a street by a police officer or military, or even turned in by your fellow workers or boss if you tick them off in any way. Is that really how you want to live?

Running away to another country may sound like a cool or ideal
solution, but in most instances, without more planning, and a lot
more money, it just won't work, and you will end up returning to the states either voluntarily or thru deportation.

Instead of running away from your fears, how about start running towards your fears?

Read this for starters:

www.streetdirectory.com...

If you feel like you need to make a change do it. As one poster already mentioned, it is possible to "live off the grid" so to speak, at least to some degree. way down in the Big Bend National Park area, located on the border of Texas and Mexico, and in particular the Terlingua, Texas area. Don't expect any types of major ammenities, nearest major hospital is about 80 miles away, and there is no public transportation. It is a very hot, dry and harsh climate of deserts and mountains, little rainfall, and is definitely geared towards persons who are independent thinkers and can make do on their own. Prices of nearly everything are higher than in the big cities due to the remoteness of the area, and distances between towns. Jobs are possible to find, although not plentiful, and at minimum wage most of the time. I oveheard an old timer joking with a young man the last time I was down in that area say, "yep you can find a job here if you are willing to show up every day, even if than means 7 days a week, for low pay, and be sober.....

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you well.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Costa Rica? I know a few folks looking to move down there.

The government is friendly towards American expats, they abolished their military in order to invest more into infrastructure and culture (including education), universal health care if you want it, very low tax rate, and you can have a sustainable income if you get into the tourism industry. Buy a boat and offer to take tourists fishing, for example.

If I had to go somewhere, that is where I would go. Only drawback is English is a second language and you mentioned that being a large issue.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Collect some more money, we are establishing perimeters here on Sanibel, lots of ex Company people (self included), island is a covert fortress.....otherwise, I second Guatemala or Belize.......

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
move to Bali for a while...$2g us is a few years wages..

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
price from 2008 of costs in Bali ....but not a great deal of diff to now

$2000 usd = 18,146,000 Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)

Cigarettes (20 Pall Mall) Rp5,000.00 $0.41 € 0.32

Drinks - Alcohol, Bottle Bintang Beer (0.3 litre) Rp8,000.00 $0.65 € 0.52
Water Aqua/Danone (1.5 litre bottle) Rp3,000.00 $0.25 € 0.19
Milk Tetra Pack (1 litre) Rp11,000.00 $0.90 € 0.71
Juices (Orange/Apple, 1 litre) Rp13,000.00 $1.06 € 0.84

Food - Egg (1 piece) Rp500.00 $0.04 € 0.03
Food - 15 sticks of Chicken Sate at local market Rp6,000.00 $0.49 € 0.39
Food - Fruit, Salak (1 kg) Rp6,000.00 $0.49 € 0.39
Food - Fruit, Rambutan (1 kg) Rp7,000.00 $0.57 € 0.45
Food - White Rice (1 kg) Rp8,000.00 $0.65 € 0.52
Food - Ayam Bakar with Rice and raw veggies Rp8,000.00 $0.65 € 0.52
Food - Fruit, Mandarine Orange (1 kg) Rp10,000.00 $0.82 € 0.65
Food - Local Warung Meal (includes Tofu, Egg, Tempe, Rice, Noodles, Chicken, Fish - fried/cooked) Rp12,000.00 $0.98 € 0.78
Food - Fruit, Orange (1 kg) Rp12,000.00 $0.98 € 0.78
Food - Fruit, NZ Apples (1 kg) Rp12,000.00 $0.98 € 0.78
Food - Western, McDonalds Ice Cream Rp2,500.00 $0.20 € 0.16
Food - Western, Baguette (foot long) Rp6,000.00 $0.49 € 0.39
Food - Western, McDonalds Cheeseburger Rp12,000.00 $0.98 € 0.78
Food - Western, McDonalds Big Mac Rp15,000.00 $1.23 € 0.97
Food - Western, Cold Cut (European Standard per 100g) Rp20,000.00 $1.64 € 1.29
Food - Western, Pizza medium (Pizza Hut) Rp50,000.00 $4.09 € 3.23
Food - Western, Italian or other European Cuisine (dish) Rp70,000.00 $5.72 € 4.53

Electricity, 1 Room (monthly) Rp50,000.00 $4.09 € 3.23
Electricity, House/Studio with Aircon (monthly) Rp150,000.00 $12.26 € 9.70
Electricity, House 2 bedroom (monthly) Rp350,000.00 $28.62 € 22.63
Housing - Garbage Removal (monthly) Rp20,000.00 $1.64 € 1.29
Housing - Rent, 1 Room (per night) Rp50,000.00 $4.09 € 3.23
Housing - Rent, 1 Room (monthly/KosKosan app.160sqft) Rp600,000.00 $49.05 € 38.80
Housing - Rent, House/Studio (monthly/app.800 sqft) Rp2,000,000.00 $163.52 € 129.32
Housing - Rent, House/2-bedroom (monthly/1.500 sqft) Rp3,000,000.00 $245.27 € 193.99

Transport - Gasoline/Petrol (1 litre) Rp6,000.00 $0.49 € 0.39
Transport - Bike Rental Honda/Yamaha 100cc (per day) Rp25,000.00 $2.04 € 1.62
Transport - Taxi (short distance) Rp12,000.00 $0.98 € 0.78
Transport - Taxi (app. 5 km) Rp30,000.00 $2.45 € 1.94
Transport - Car Rental Daihatsu Feroza, 4-5 ppl (per day) Rp80,000.00 $6.54 € 5.17

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Rollo]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rollo

Nice! I think itd be awesome to live there for a while. Can you post the link to that site? I'd like to look at how some other countries compare.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry but you lack both the resources and skills/certifications to qualify for PR (Permanent Residency) in any country. Also would be a good idea to learn the language, customs, culture of the part of the world you go to. Last and most important LOSE THE AMERICAN ATTITUDE it doesnt fly well in other countries.. ie dont whinge that things arent like back in america . Otherwise good luck and have fun.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
$50,000 isn't enough to buy some land and live alone self sufficiently or start a commune.

Maybe when he has $5,000,000 it will be a good start.

Only the rich have the priviledge of living on their own terms.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Take in any bank a BIG loan.
Then never come back.
Easy simple and nobody looses anything, because banks are all made out of thin air.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
so lets say

Housing - Rent, House/Studio (monthly/app.800 sqft) Rp2,000,000.00 $163.52
Electricity, House/Studio with Aircon (monthly) Rp150,000.00 $12.26

Transport - Bike Rental Honda/Yamaha 100cc (per day) Rp25,000.00 $2.04 > 60
Transport - Gasoline/Petrol (1 litre) Rp6,000.00 $0.49
@ lets say 2ltr a per day.. >30

90 per mth

And eat out every night
Food - Western, Italian or other European Cuisine (dish) Rp70,000.00 $5.72 > 150

and buy for lunch and breakfast
x2 Food - Egg (1 piece) Rp500.00 $0.04....$2.24
Food - Fruit, Orange (1 kg) Rp12,000.00 $0.98
Food - Fruit, NZ Apples (1 kg) Rp12,000.00 $0.98
Food - Local Warung Meal (includes Tofu, Egg, Tempe, Rice, Noodles, Chicken, Fish - fried/cooked) Rp12,000.00 $0.98 > $29
Food - Western, Baguette (foot long) Rp6,000.00 $0.49 > $15
Western, Cold Cut (European Standard per 100g) Rp20,000.00 $1.64 >#2xper week > 13.20

food per mth $213.00 and thats heaps of grub

$478 or so with a rough estimation...and that includes a lush home at the beach, eating restaurant quality food for dinner and lunch plus a lot of fruit and cold cut mean and bread....
Plus the premium of hiring a bike that uses almost zero fuel but with a 2lt per every day allowance.

So per week $100...

Of course you can reduce this and there would be better options for housing and food etc...but $100 per week is glorious...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If s**t hits the fan there will be no place to run!! I live on the west coast of Florida as well but I plan on moving back home
to Utah... If I wad you I would move inland inside the USA gets some survival equipment learn how to survive of the land because that's not an easy thing to do at all and stick it ou with your fellow American and if things get real back you can head out to the woods desert ect.. Just don't let fear make you run because your giving your power away and we should never give our power away to anyone.. Good luck on whatever you path you choose

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Have you checked with the Peace Corps? They will send you out of country and they even pay volunteers a good wage.

Gods speed.

Live long and prosper.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Uruguay sounds pretty good- not hard to live decently, The only drawback I saw, really, was poisonous snakes were pretty common & the dogs would be at risk. There are some forums for expats living just about everywhere. Look on google. They aren't all that helpful as far as encouraging people to join them (who wants to give away their well kept secret & have it turn into "little wherever", but you can get a picture from the things people talk about) I would wait as long as possible to be as fully prepared as possible, jmho, but I'm cautious & not young (encumbered). If I were your age- not so much.

ETA Cigarettes (20 Pall Mall) Rp5,000.00 $0.41 € 0.32

[edit on 12-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You have cited a most excellent reason for your move.

I too hear the new media soundbyte: 'we are a nation of rule of law'.

That's because the shi7'$ about to hit the fan, so now is not a good time for the zionists to let America be taken back. Everyone's waking up, at last. But some things cannot be avoided just by a geographic change. Do you have any idea what sort of weapons we are dealing with here? For most of us, let us suffice to say that by simply looking at the size of the balls these clowns are displaying (everyone knows what they did and do), you may gauge the scope of their machinery. Those who hear the faint pitch shift in their ears upon attempting to rest, followed by the shocks etc., know there's no running from it.

If you are lucky, your mind has not been attached to quantum monitoring machines. You might even live out your life free of the burden, if you move fast, lay low, and say only positive things about jews.

You are young enough to adapt to suit your needs, without having to adapt to the new thing being wrought in society. It is good to dream of a better life. I applaud your thoughts, and 'cowardice' has not crossed my mind, as concerns your ambition. When you consider the scope of the brainwashing we have been victim to, here in amerika, and what reaction will emerge when the plugs are pulled...you probably are thinking 'survival', and in the long run, quality of life. There's nothing wrong with running from a burning building.

Here is the rub: The master's do intend to capture every living being's eeg. I don't care if you live in a hole in the ground that you have never emerged from. They have the means and intent to do this. Eventually it will be done, unless they are stopped in their tracks. The computers are unbelievably powerful, and they are playing with fire. God's fire.

ALL media intentions are to foster and flame fear and chaos. This is because they have the machinery to handle the reactions. Mind reading, killer diseases, total control of the country's treasury, government, media...how can they lose???

Now is the time to fight back. I believe they are having a wee bit of trouble with their jwo plans. They are saying, from all corners of the world, that unless you give us the world, we will make it hell for you, everywhere. Hell to travel. Hell to earn. Hell to eat (monsanto) hell to breed, hell to even sleep without electric blasts coming from the sky.

Can they be forgiven for having taken a God inspired Nation, it's Constitution, and turning it to evil, saying bad is good and good is bad? Is there anything they can do to pay us back? No. They did not merely steal from us. They took what they stole and they destroyed it. It is not within their means to pay us back anything. It's past time for fighting back.

Think on this before you leave. It is the whole world. Wherever there's a TV, a satellite signal from amerika, and viewers, there is death of culture festering.

All you have that's on your side is the fact that life is short. If you are lucky, you will find a corner in this world to hide, and never find the time to tell your children about tesla weapons and marconi devices. This will either be because they are in power, and no one dare say anything for fear of fate worse than death, or because they were driven off cliffs, in droves.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by davidmann]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well anyone looking at future possibilities would agree Florida is a bad place to be.

The problem with anywhere in the states is that you'll be pressed between all the other refugees, and the military. You can survive in Texas now, but in a year?

South America you can get to easily enough, but they also have many problems, especially overcrowding, and language. Europe is out, Bali sounds nice, but the Pacific ring of fire?

Australia is probably a good option too, less overcrowding, English is native tongue, and they're tough people, they'll survive. We in South Africa have our own problems, but if the "##it" goes down we'll avoid all the other problems.

If you look immediate short term, get on a boat, now. Cruise ship or whatever, beg, plead, stowaway. One going very far away. It's not only going to give you cash and experience, but you'll be safe(r) for what we expect to be a critical period.

You seem to have the right start in terms of equipment, but if you listen to the financial people dollars will tank soon, so if you can get work on a ship, rather buy equipment now (knife sharpener, etc). Be ready to start anywhere you find yourself, without the need to stock up on anything.

God speed.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
try the apalachian mountain range, you want to be near a valley. you could probably build something in a very remote location at like 1500/2000 ft elevation facing in towards the valley. security wont be as much of an issue if you would only move at night and build a shelter that resembles the land. we have some more time though. you may not need to leave right now as these are the events that are going to bring us to needing to have things like this ready.

try going to the eastern side of the mountains, it seems like mountains stop much of the storms on this side of the mountains, whereas west virginia seems to get lots more snow in the winter.
the down side to this though, well....there's a good possibility of us having a drought problem on the eastern side, at least where I am at...
watch out for the valleys also, there does seem to be some problems with flooding...

to be honest, that is my plan, just head for the mountains, there's been a few wanted criminals that have gotten lost in there and hadn't been found for decades....

west virginia seems to have lots of ghost towns also, as the mines have scaled back and died off, or just polluted the land.

www.ghosttowns.com...

most have nothing much left but a few foundations, but there are some remaining buidlings and such in a few...don't know what it would take to make on of those building habitable...
I also hear that there are a few caves...know someone who had a friend who was living in one for awhile...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have an idea for you! Google teaching english as a second language. This is a real possibility for someone your age & you can be certified in a weekend or 2, I think. There are classes all over the US at universities if I remember right monthly or every couple of months. We looked into it, but it just seemed like a supplemental thing for us- a little too impetuous.
We looked at some other state dept stuff. I'll ask DH if he can remember how we found it.
If you could get something stable AND do the ESL thing, maybe you could get the ESL established & ditch the state dept job if you didn't want to keep it.

Also, I think Kuala Lumpur is supposed to be a great value for the money.
English as a second language is something you could do pretty much anywhere in the world.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join