It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Okay can someone explain something to me..How did this happen?

and what's a BP?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss_Chievous666

and what's a BP?

BP is a company, according to my research, that is owned by the British Government (51%). It was set up back in WWII to supply military.

They are the 4th largest company on the planet, and THE largest oil company.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

and what's a BP?

Liquid honey?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but BP knew of problems hours before the well exploded!

money.cnn.com...

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

and what's a BP?

BP stands for British Petroleum, an oil company.

www.bp.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
reply to post by loam

Supposedly this is the latest video of the leak at the actual leak point. Hard to tell who's telling the truth. Interesting that the Huffington Post seemed to have obtained the "leaked" video./

All this hysteria and commotion, Can it really be that bad? I thought the sea floor might of been cracked open or something, but this is leaking out of a pipe! Why the heck can't they use those robots with the JAWS OF LIFE to clamp it closed?
I'm having a hard time understanding how 210,000G A Day is being spewed out of this small pipe. As for this video, I think it's fake. Name of the video is Crater plume? And why does the first 10 seconds show it as if the oils is being pushed out? What's all that white bubbly stuff. Methane Hydrate ? This would mean they were taking video as the leak started? Sorry to ask more questions then giving statements so... This video is totally fake just because of that.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I found another good CNN article that talks about BP's latest effort to cap the well with another smaller containment device named, "top hat". Also great underwater video of the larger leak.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

Ah.. didn't see that post.. I think it is a real video.. better than what is on CNN.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is my first time posting here. I've been visiting this site for, #, the last year or so. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I live in Texas so to see this unfolding is disheartening. I'm only 22 so God knows only 1 out of 20 people I know actually give a damn, but I'm still informing everyone I know to WAKE THE HELL UP!!!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I first want to say that u all give me a chance to speak at this highly Intelligent post. The oil situation in the gulf from the data i have seen is looking very fallish, you know like when the summer leafs turn there color and old man winter is about to return to get areas cold. I have no idea how they will clean it up . Its still odd what took place. I mean lets just say...Intersting , the problem can not be solved unless the oil can be cut off , that is like pushing a pole into the moon hoping for water to come out , It can not be done in my personal view. The only way to stop this oil was to never have the problem take place. but that problem did take shape and now we have a oily oceanic outlook . when will it stop ? who knows. I did swim in oil before, in the ocean, it was slippery and yet as a kid I did not know what it was but I did see dead fish , so lets think about it. can this oil be stopped ? yes , the question is not if it can ..its when it will ...its still coming out fast into the gulf hour by hour , but they may try , And let me stressed the world Try to stop it again..so I will come back if the oil stops and tell everyone once it does.

thank u all for giving the chance for this talking point

[edit on 13-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I find all of this just heartbreaking. Am I surprised this thing is being downplayed? Not a bit. The town I graduated HS from was completely leveled with Katrina. The town has not been rebuilt, though folks have returned and are trying to eke out a living in the area. Was there a SINGLE WORD about the death of this town, or of the area, by the MSM? Nope. It was the FIRST landfall of the cat 5 storm, and it was glossed over. The area has not yet recovered. Now, this has happened. The entire Gulf Coast area is going to be impacted, and once the Gulf Stream catches this horrible thing, possibly the entire Eastern Seaboard, the Caribbean, and farther out into the ocean. We may well have just experienced the death of our Atlantic Ocean if they don't get this thing under control, which they don't seem to be doing. I have not experienced this amount of sadness for my former home state since Katrina, and this will most likely be even worse for everyone in the long term. Heartbreaking, I tell ya.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't know if there's hip-hop heads on here, but Reflection Eternal just released a song called "Ballad of Black Gold". Must listen IMO!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominuz
Terrible images indeed...

I dont wanna go into apocaliptic stuff but it does resemble like blood from the sea... a frightening bleeding ocean...

What we are going to explaing this to our kids?

How we are going to apologize for a terrible future?

Is gonna really sucks the life for the next generation...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by dominuz]

What I am more worried about is that in I think Isaiah in the bible, it states:

"And the oceans became BLACK" or something to that effect, and is one of the signs towards the end before the coming of Revelations. I am no Bible scholar so if someone knows that passage/prophecy better please chime in, but....yea that is what has me worried :-/

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhyberDragon
reply to post by dominuz

I'm not apologizing to my daughter for nothing. I had no hand in that disaster, whether natural or manmade. I didn't tell humans to take oil out of the environment. Maybe it was there to grease the plates or something. I wonder if oil drilling leads to earthquakes or something once the oil's all siphoned out. Anyways, I won't apologize for it or the polluted soils of Martin Marietta at Cambridge, Tn., Chernoble, or any other disaster. I'm not at fault for them.

If that is how you must reduce your cognitive dissonance over this matter, so be it....but if you drive an automobile, ever voted in your life, or simply used a can of WD-40 to lube up a squeaking door, then I suggest you might wanna reevaluate your particular stance on this issue. Taking a stance like that and simply stating that since you did not ACTIVELY participate in said disasters, you share none of the blame whatsoever does not make you righteous my friend....we ALL share this blame and that is a fact.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
I don't know if there's hip-hop heads on here, but Reflection Eternal just released a song called "Ballad of Black Gold". Must listen IMO!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

It is pretty much clear that the ENTIRE music/hollywood/entertainment industry is OWNED by the Illuminati as well as all of the others that wish to do us nothing more than harm. It is interesting as to how many people think that when they hear/see a disaster play out, and THEN hear about some hip hop group singing about it that it then becomes like prophecy or something.

Just like Alex Jones shill ass. "Oh but he PREDICTED 9/11 happening 6 months before it actually happened :-O". First off it was predicted MONTHS before Jones by a...in my opinion a TRUE PATRIOT by the name of William Cooper (who since was MURDERED by ATF/Gov agents for the knowledge that he was giving us, meanwhile Mr. Panzy Jones did everything he COULD to discredit Cooper, AND THEN took his prediction and made it is own and everyone bought off on it)....so NO it is my belief that if ANYONE in the entertainment industry talks/sings about pending misfortune, it is NOT because they are "aware" it is because they had FOREWARNING and knowledge of the doom.

Don't believe me? Look up Lauren Hill from the once popular Fugees. Or find out why Tupac was REALLY killed. Or even MJ for that matter. Just my .02.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
[edit on 13-5-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
BP's plan to stop the oil leaks..

1. Try and turn off stuck valve.. failed
2. Try large containment dome.. failed
3. Try and insert a pipe.. starting tonight
4. Try small containment dome with injected alcohol.. if #3 fails
5. Try plugging the damaged well's blowout preventer with debris.. if #4 fails
6. Try something else.. if #5 fails
7. Wait for the two relief wells which should be done sometime in July.
8. Can the relief wells handle the high pressure better than the first?.. if not..

[edit on 5/13/2010 by Morpheas]

[edit on 5/13/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is just unreal!!
Thanks for posting

Lets just hope these people are held accountable and that this event is not whitewashed and swept under the rug as many other incidents have been throughout history

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Thought ya'll might be interested in this, I just heard about it on our local news. The University of Texas Energy Institute is hosting a webcast for the public going over all the aspects of the oil spill. It starts at 10:00 AM CST til 12:00 CST.

“Oil in Troubled Waters” Public Forum to Examine the Cause, Consequences and Cost of Spill in the Gulf

streamer.beg.utexas.edu...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
New video from hccreekkeeper on youtube.

— May 19, 2010 — An aerial view of a burn at sea over the source of the BP Slick.
SouthWings pilot Tom Hutchings and his daughter Brinkley accompany Hurricane Creekkeeper to the source then back over the Louisiana Southern coast where we found what appeared to be heavy crude washed up on the beaches and in the marshes.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Pipebomb24875]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join