It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

By Gus Lubin May 07, 2010 "SFGate" -- Real average earnings have not increased in 50 years The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. Cliché, sure, but it's also more true than at any time since the Gilded Age. The poor are getting poorer, wages are falling behind inflation, and social mobility is at an all-time low. The gap between 1% and everyone else hasn't been this bad since the roaring Twenties

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

We have all heard the fact that the wealthiest 1% owns 40% of the worlds wealth and the wealthiest 10% own 90% of the money, but this article paints a whole new picture of the disparity between the rich and the not so rich.

This is a must read for all ATSers!

Enjoy! (Well as much as one can in the face of these atrocities)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Good find, S&F!
What I find ironic is that, even if a person is completely brainwashed by MSM, you only need to look at what America was like in the 50s - 60s & compare that to whats happened since to know that ordinary Americans have been systematically screwed, yet... you'll still hear plenty of people repeating the mantra that cutting tax on the rich creates wealth for everyone by a "trickle-down effect". Plainly it doesn't. Just how long are people prepared to wait for this wealth to trickle down before they realise that they are now too poor to take much advantage of any small advantages that might arise?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

The first time that I really realized that America was screwed, was when they bought the whole "trickle down theory", hook, line and sinker. That's the moment I realized that the American people are truly hopeless. Here, you have some guy, Bush, who has repeatedly lied to the American people in order to benefit at our expense, in an extremely obvious way, and he is explaining to us how it would be good for us to basically give all of our money to the rich and bear most, if not all of the financial burden, because it will somehow benefit us in the end. Hmmmm, give all of your money to the rich, "believe me, it will be the best thing for you."

--airspoon

[edit on 8-5-2010 by airspoon]

join