It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Astronauts that beleive in the Extraterrestrial presence!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Continued

Anybody can use satellite tracking software widely available on the Internet, with specific Gemini-5 trajectory measurements (also on the Internet). They will find out that as viewed from Area 51, Gemini-5 never got higher than about 20 degrees on the southern horizon, barely above the mountains for only a few seconds, once or twice a day.

As viewed from his spacecraft, that would be far out near Earth's horizon, lost in the dust and haze of the thick atmosphere. The camera experiment requirements, and Cooper's own memory of it, involved only straight-down views of the nearest portions of the surface, seen through the thinnest layer of the atmosphere. Area 51 would never have been imaged, even by accident, except by grossly violating the experimental procedures.
There was one intriguing item in the catalog, however: roll B exposure 24 was called "California, north of Salton Sea," right before another shot of the Elephant Butte reservoir in New Mexico. That's in the direction of Area 51, at least.

I pulled the transparency out of its envelope and loaded it in the viewer for close examination. But the picture, like most of the others, was another disappointment. Splotchy desert sands, covered by scattered clouds, showed only a few faint lines that might have been roads. There were no runways, no mystery buildings, no UFOs.

Cooper's narrative -- the prematurely developed film with visible license plates, the forbidden peek at a super-secret installation, the cover-up from the highest levels of the government -- is by far the more exciting version of this incident. His sincerity and self-confidence remains unquestioned.

His agent, Stu Miller, assured SPACE.com that the details of the story were true. "In fact, there were numerous 35mm cameras aboard Gemini-5, not just one as you postulated," he wrote (presumably the NASA camera experts forgot about the others, never listed them in the mission manifest or photo archives, and mislabeled one of them as "DOD"). Nor did Cooper ever claim "he flew directly over Area 51" -- the camera really "had a range of view of about 1500 miles".

"As for the photos you say you were shown," Miller continued, "it’s possible that some of them have been de-classified in the years since the mission, but the Colonel was unequivocally told that ALL of the film was placed under classification shortly after Gemini-5’s return to the carrier and President Johnson subsequently acknowledged directly to the Colonel that he had personally given the order."

But the testimony of several experts much closer than Cooper to the actual photographic process stands in shocking -- and dismaying -- contrast to the version in the book. So do the cold equations of orbital motion, and the precise calculus of optics. And so, too, did the photographs and catalogs I held in my hands at the NASA photo lab.

www.space.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Jay-morris.....

Ok, the only thing i have seen is him saying there is a Monolith on the moon of mars.

Aldrin said this:

"It's a big, big, tall rock. Now I could say it looks like maybe it's a crude construction device by some creatures who practiced on Phobos and then landed in Egypt and built the pyramids. But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that".

disclose.tv...

Here are some more links of interest:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Jay-morris

Jay-morris.....

Ok, the only thing i have seen is him saying there is a Monolith on the moon of mars.

Aldrin said this:

"It's a big, big, tall rock. Now I could say it looks like maybe it's a crude construction device by some creatures who practiced on Phobos and then landed in Egypt and built the pyramids. But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that".

disclose.tv...

Here are some more links of interest:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

Cheers for that. I will check them out

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Nice! Definitely some interesting information you've supplied...cheers for the contribution.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Nice! Definitely some interesting information you've supplied...cheers for the contribution.

CHAOS.....

You are very welcome.

As you can see, you need to keep digging to get to the truth of the matter, in order to facilitate strong, quality discussion about this vexed topic of UFO's & aliens.

On some long flights, I've just been re-reading some UFO oriented books including Timothy Good's "Beyond Top Secret".

I can't recall what he wrote regarding astronaut commentary....I'll have a look for that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

As you can see, you need to keep digging to get to the truth of the matter, in order to facilitate strong, quality discussion about this vexed topic of UFO's & aliens.
Wise words. That should be in the ATS handbook (or is it, I haven't read it
).

And to add a link of my own, I just found this article with a quick search, and it is extremely interesting...

U.S. Astronauts reveal encounters with apparent Extraterrestrials and UFOs

EDIT: This is from the article, I've never read this in the Apollo 11 transcript, is this real? It's hard to understand, going off the article, exactly where this comes from:

- MISSION CONTROL (HOUSTON CENTER): “What...what...what? What the hell is happening? What’s wrong with you?”

- ASTRONAUTS: “They’re here under the surface.”

- MISSION CONTROL: “What’s there? Emission interrupted... interference control calling Apollo II.”

- ASTRONAUTS: “We saw some visitors. They were there for awhile, observing the instruments.”

- MISSION CONTROL: ”Repeat your last information.”

- ASTRONAUTS: “I say that there were other spaceships. They’re lined up on the other side of the crater.”

- MISSION CONTROL: “Repeat...repeat!”

- ASTRONAUTS: “Let us sound this orbita ..... In 625 to 5... automatic relay connected... My hands are shaking so badly I can’t do anything. Film it? God, if these damned cameras have picked up anything... what then?”

- MISSION CONTROL: “Have you picked up anything?”

- ASTRONAUTS: “I didn’t have any film at hand. Three shots of the saucers or whatever they were that were ruining the film.”

- MISSION CONTROL: “Control, control here. Are you on your way? Is the uproar with the U.F.O.s. over?

- ASTRONAUTS: “They’ve landed there. There they are and they are watching us.”

- MISSION CONTROL: “The mirrors, the mirrors...have you set them up?”

> - ASTRONAUTS: “Yes, they’re in the right place. But whoever made those space ships surely can come tomorrow and remove them. Over and out.”

[edit on 8/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
""OK, let's start with the burden of proof where it belongs -- where is there a shred of evidence that Maurice Chatelain's stories about astronauts seeing UFOs, based on his position as Chief of NASA Communications, are unworthy of belief because Chatelain never held any such position. Where's the proof to support the claim he did? ""

I asked you to provide me with some evidence and you actually started providing me with a little bit there Jim, just a little... So are they all liars and frauds, or does one bad apple spoil the bunch? Who's telling tales? How and why are they tales? Where is the evidence that they are telling tales?

These are simple questions. We can all arrive at the conclusion for example that Johnathan Reid is a fraud because of all the obvious evidence against him, how in the same manner of deduction are these astronauts frauds Jim?

The evidence of your own sloppy reasoning is contained in your own message, which 'asks about' (more accurately, accuses) me of holding preposterously extreme opinions whose words you try to force onto my keyboard. That's an argumentative gimmick used by people intent on deception, in my experience.

You will note that I never suggested any astronauts were frauds. You made that nasty smear up to deceive readers, or maybe you're just easily confused?

The bogus claim that I propose starting with -- you gotta start somewhere -- is that Chatelain's stories are based on genuine inside knowledge from Mission Control, since he was in charge of Apollo communications during Apollo.

Yet the existing NASA organization charts and phone books from that era don't show his name. The company he did work for -- North American, that built the Apollo command module -- reports he left that job in 1966, and a co-worker I interviewed in 1976 said he had been fired for using official travel to conduct personal business. No other organization remotely related to space work has ever been found to have records of him.

What can we conclude from this? Where should we go next, what should we do next, to reach a verdict on this set of claims?

We might also ask why UFO websites continue to feel justified in repeating these stories as traps for the naive and the unwary.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BladeDraven
And based on that much information, can we really not logically conclude that in fact yes, it is highly probably that these ten individuals are telling the truth based on their collective information?

That's not even near the main point, which is -- what you are being TOLD that the astronauts "claim" is often distorted, or entirely fabricated, by the tellers, not the original astronauts.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arbitrageur.....

Yes.....I agree with you.

For what it's worth, it quite p's me off when I see Oberg get attacked so much on ATS.....

.....notwithstanding that does sometimes provoke a little of it himself!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I've been found out. [grin]

Seriously, i find the exercises helpful in learning how better to formulate arguments for publication -- and I think it worthwhile too because the folks I argue with, or provoke, remind me of me when I was a teenager reading Adamski, Keyhoe, and Velikovsky. Way back then, it turned out to be an immensely productive learning experience for me that I applied to real 'space secrets', of which 'UFO reports' are an honorable and worthwhile part.

PS I still believe in the Kensignton Rune Stone.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think its very different to say ten astronauts believe in the extra terrestrial presence, when what you mean is, that ten astronauts claim to have seen UFO and aliens, and some of them, not just the once either.
This subject is always going to be murky as sin , the reasons are simple. The only persons to have come forward with such information, publicaly and deliberately were not active members of the space agency at the time of thier apparant revalations. As has been previously recorded here on the thread, this could just as easily be because they have nothing to loose by telling the truth, as it could be because they havent had a sizeable paycheck in a decade or so. On top of that, it could be some massive disinformation. Although I do not personaly agree with the theory that they are all masons and therefore pulling the wool over our eyes, there are various organisations and political movements which would benifit from the obsfucation of the truth in these matters.
But if those stories are true , if they really did see what they claim to have seen, I wonder how many of us would assume instantly that what they saw was merely advanced human tech , rather than something beyond our expirience? I wonder how many of us have the staggering levels of arrogance to assume this?
Fact is, unless each and every one of those astronauts comes on this site, and says catagoricaly what happened, what they saw, those who say its all tosh, will still say its all tosh. Those who believe that the astronauts have been accurately quoted will still believe so , and this thread will have achieved precisely squat. What is needed here is independant verification of the story as quoted. It is the only thing which can put mere debate to the side. After all , debate has no true result, but investigation , fact in other words can only have one outcome. Truth and enlightenment. Cease then your collective prattle, and go forth and investigate these matters, rather than digging your trenches and firing points at one another!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
there was a episode in Frasier with senator John Glenn
that made some comments of Ufos exist

is this Disclosure through Comedy a hint of a truth ...
but why would Senator John Glenn be on a Comedy Skit of the Show Frasier ?
still as movies to me give some hints that the one that direct produce or just finance knows about something about the Elite Dark side Secrets and put half truths , hints of what is about to become .. my Perfect example is ! the Movie (Long Kiss Goodnight ) Ending predicts the 911 so much its Shocking ! Fundraiser...

go to around.... the 2 minute mark..
Sen John Glenn's Amazing UFO Statement On 'Frasier "COMPLETE FOOTAGE"

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
But if those stories are true , if they really did see what they claim to have seen, ........

Concentrate. Regarding reports of astronauts encountering UFOs in space -- objects for which there is no conceivable prosaic explanation -- what is being presented here is NOT "what they claim to have seen" BUT is instead, what some OTHER people claim the astronauts said they saw.

Being able to tell the difference between these two categories of evidence is a big step toward mature evaluation methods. Why are so many folks unwilling to advance in that direction?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Are they All 33 dregree Masons ? Cause if they are, they are Lieing, and the reason why will be appearant in the near future..

Number 1.-There is no such thing as a 33rd degree mason. It does not exist. There are only 3 degrees to masonry. The others are through Yorkish and Scottish Rites which is separate from Masonry itself.

Number 2:-Lying is spelled with a Y, not an ie., And Apparent is spelled as such, for God's sake, just use your spell check.

Number 3: The world isn't controlled by Masons, it is controlled by Corporations, CEO's and the Banking system.

Number 4: What is going to happen with Masons in the near future that has you all worried??? Quit focusing on doom and gloom and then maybe it won't happen.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

How about this explanation:

To
Make
Fun
Of
People
Who
Easily
Fall
For
Such
Nonsense.

They're laughing at YOU. And you deserve it.

It was a COMEDY show, for crying out loud.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
A simple YouTube search for Edgar Mitchell reveals hundreds of videos containing witness testimony of him supporting the notion that there is an Alien presence on Earth.

A YouTube search for Gordon Cooper reveals the same thing.

A YouTube search for Buzz Aldrin shows us this trend yet again.

Yep! These guys have been reading too much sci-fi !! And we follow them like sheep because they're astronauts - American heroes! So what they say is supposed to be gospel truth!

On the second day, over Hawaii, the 35-year-old McDivitt reported seeing an object -- "like a beer can with an arm sticking out". Together with a mysterious "tadpole" photo, the McDivitt report has achieved UFO superstardom and has been firmly enshrined in UFO literature and lore.

Superstardom?
Enshrined in UFO literature and lore?
Oh Jesus Christ!!

Sensationalism at its best!
Carry on!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
reply to post by dashar

I have seen a UFO before, what does that have to do with anything? These men like i said though are clearly not to be trusted and are simply angry and hate their lives since their old people. Pretty crappy astronauts though if they witness something like that then sit on it cuz their too lazy to do anything about it for like 40 years. I mean seriously at that age it was just a bad dream they now think is true. Happens to old people just google dementia or Alzheimer.

They either hide it to be a coward, or bring it up to get attention once people forget who they are. Then again I never knew who some of them were and no matter how hard they try I still dont care. Its in the past and they need to make way for the next generation. Like all generations we are improved and more sophisticated and intelligent then these old people who do nothing but lash out at their former employers over a bad day at work.

You are a pretty angry person it seems. Who are you to sit here and talk about them the way you are! You have no idea what they could have been threatened with if they talked. I would image TPTB would threaten their lives, family and pensions if they talked. I don't blame them one bit for keeping quiet at times and the ones that do talk get called crazy and well IMO they aren't! They are risking everything they worked for to talk about what they experienced. What have you done?

To the OP great thread!! I love reading about astronauts and their experiences in space. I have lots to look at! S&F!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalSentinal

Way ahead of you XD

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Wolfenz

How about this explanation:

To
Make
Fun
Of
People
Who
Easily
Fall
For
Such
Nonsense.

They're laughing at YOU. And you deserve it.

It was a COMEDY show, for crying out loud.

well Jim did you see long kiss goodnight near the ending ? probably not

yes it a comedy show ! with john glenn doing a skit just.. maybe it was his way of reveling the truth ! ? who knows and allot came forward in a similar way as Aldrin , Cooper , and Armstrong... ohh that hit a nerve! go try to find anything of Armstrong Talking about his experience in space or on the moon ! their is only one existing interview that is it ! and this one ! below.. as he kept private in a reclusive way Parrot Parrot Parrot watch and listen and learn !!! the video below!!!!! A Parrot repeats what they are told!!!!!!!!!! A speaking Parrot that does not fly so good ??? Truth Protected Layers ???????? PLEASE Tell me the Meaning !!!!! I would Love to Here! IT !!!!!!! get your TEAM to conjure something... as this is what Armstrong Said!!!!!

Neil Armstrong - Nasa Lies. 25th Anniversary 1994 Speech goto 2.20 minute mark for his speech but i would watch the whole video to fully understand

do you believe in a burning bush that has written 10 human Donts
and had a Hybrid son had similar dos and donts that became a zombie ? I bet you do ..
you would believe that the world was flat... you would agree to have Galileo murdered for Blasphemy... and you would believe in Angels but not Aliens in which could very well be the ALIENS!!!!!

ya they did the same thing in 1938 about a place Grovers Mill in NJ that had Aliens Attacking the Country side ... on a Radio theater (before tv) Skit that caused Panic of over 1million people in 2 states (Orson Wells War Of the World Skit..

Enjoy the video!!!!!!!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There is no extraterrestrial life that we will ever discover.
Amazing how such bright minds come to think about Aliens
Like children looking under their beds for demons
Space travel is all a waste of time and money and intelligence, all that should be spent on planet Earth for the good of mankind

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join