It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Astronauts that beleive in the Extraterrestrial presence!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Astronauts should know what they're talking about when it comes to Aliens right? Do you think these men are insane, lying, or misinformed? Lets take a look at what some Astronauts are claiming.

A simple YouTube search for Edgar Mitchell reveals hundreds of videos containing witness testimony of him supporting the notion that there is an Alien presence on Earth.

A YouTube search for Gordon Cooper reveals the same thing.

A YouTube search for Buzz Aldrin shows us this trend yet again.

The following testimony available here and here. Although I don't think they are public whistle blowers, a couple of other astronauts have stated the following:

NASA Astronaut Scott Carpenter:

"At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."

Astronaut James Irwin:

"Look, I have a pension to worry about. I have a family to take care of, and they told me to just back away from this entirely or else."

Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev:

"It followed us during half of our orbit. We observed it on the light side, and when we entered the shadow side, it disappeared completely. It was an engineered structure, made from some type of metal, approximately 40 meters long with inner hulls. The object was narrow here and wider here, and inside there were openings. Some places had projections like small wings. The object stayed very close to us. We photographed it, and our photos showed it to be 23 to 28 meters away."

Astronaut Eugene Cernan:

"I've been asked about UFOs and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization."

Astronaut James McDivitt:

"At one stage we even thought it might be necessary to take evasive action to avoid a collision.; Astronaut James McDivitt commenting on an orbital encounter he and Ed White had with a ;weird object with arm-like extensions which approached their capsule. Later in the flight they saw two similar objects over the Caribbean."

Astronaut Donald Slayton:

"I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. I was at about 10,000 feet on a nice, bright, sunny afternoon. I thought the object was a kite, then I realized that no kite is gonna fly that high. As I got closer it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing it didn't look like a balloon anymore. It looked like a saucer, a disk. About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going way from me-and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the xxxx thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared." Donald Slayton, Mercury astronaut, in a 1951 interview."

Astronaut Brian O'Leary:

"We have contact with alien cultures."

----

Concerning McDivitt, I noticed a little piece of interesting info on his Wikipedia page, which is the following:

On the second day, over Hawaii, the 35-year-old McDivitt reported seeing an object -- "like a beer can with an arm sticking out" -- which NASA officials later announced had been identified by Air Force space radars as the thousand-mile-distant Pegasus-2 (but that range was too great, it turned out, for McDivitt's object to have been the winged Pegasus satellite). Together with a mysterious "tadpole" photo, the McDivitt report has achieved UFO superstardom and has been firmly enshrined in UFO literature and lore.[1]

So why is it all these men that have been to space are coming backing and making statements like this? And it's not just astronauts, there are aeronautical engineers, radar technicians, people in charge of nuclear devices, NASA scientists who all claim Aliens exist and are visiting Earth. Even Maurice Chatelain - Former Chief of NASA Communications Systems, had the following to say:

"All Apollo and Gemini flights were followed, both at a distance and sometimes also quite closely, by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin - flying saucers, or UFOs, if you want to call them by that name.

Every time it occurred, the astronauts informed Mission Control, who then ordered absolute silence."

So when an astronaut tells you aliens are real they are crack pots, but when they tell you they walked on the moon they are legends? Astronauts, who travel to outer space, don't know what they're talking about when it comes to beings from outer space, eh?

A little information on these men (info from Wikipedia):

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Edgar Mitchell
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1291f317f5d5.jpg[/atsimg]
Edgar Dean Mitchell, D.Sc. (born September 17, 1930) is an American pilot, engineer, and astronaut. As the lunar module pilot of Apollo 14, he spent nine hours working on the lunar surface in the Fra Mauro Highlands region, making him the sixth person to walk on the Moon.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Gordon Cooper
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eeea87e14d7.jpg[/atsimg]
Leroy Gordon Cooper, Jr., also known as Gordo Cooper, (March 6, 1927 – October 4, 2004) was an engineer and American astronaut. Cooper was one of the seven original astronauts in Project Mercury, the first manned space effort by the United States.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Buzz Aldrin
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31979af94d24.jpg[/atsimg]
Buzz Aldrin (born Edwin Eugene Aldrin, Jr.; January 20, 1930) is an American mechanical engineer, retired United States Air Force pilot and astronaut who was the Lunar Module pilot on Apollo 11, the first manned lunar landing in history. On July 20, 1969, he was the second person to set foot on the Moon, following mission commander Neil Armstrong.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Scott Carpenter
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cac3f8e78de.jpg[/atsimg]
Malcolm Scott Carpenter (born May 1, 1925 in Boulder, Colorado) is an engineer, former test pilot, astronaut, and aquanaut. He is best known as one of the original seven astronauts selected for NASA's Project Mercury in April 1959.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .James Irwin
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8814df0f2bf.jpg[/atsimg]
James Benson Irwin (March 17, 1930 – August 8, 1991) was an American astronaut and engineer of Scottish and Irish descent. He served as Lunar Module pilot for Apollo 15, the fourth human lunar landing; he was the eighth person to walk on the Moon.[1]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Viktor Mikhaylovich Afanasyev
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b48bb4a5a3fc.jpg[/atsimg]
Viktor Mikhailovich Afanasyev Russian: Виктор Михайлович Афанасьев; born 31 December 1948) is a colonel in the Russian Air Force and a test cosmonaut of the Yu. A. Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center. He was born December 31, 1948, in Bryansk, Russia, and is married to Yelena Ya.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Eugene Cernan
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5223bf862936.jpg[/atsimg]
Eugene "Gene" Andrew Cernan (born March 14, 1934) is a retired United States Navy officer and a former NASA astronaut and engineer. He has been into space three times: as co-pilot of Gemini 9A in June 1966; as lunar module pilot of Apollo 10 in May 1969; and as commander of Apollo 17 in December 1972. In that final lunar landing mission, Cernan became "the last man on the moon" since he was the last to re-enter the Apollo Lunar Module during its third and final extra-vehicular activity (EVA).
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .James McDivitt
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bf9c4eba2a8.jpg[/atsimg]
James Alton McDivitt (Brig Gen, USAF Ret.) (born June 10, 1929) is a former NASA astronaut and engineer. Served as commander of Gemini 4 and Apollo 9.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Donald Slayton
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d78a0930a1f.jpg[/atsimg]
Donald Kent “Deke” Slayton (March 1, 1924 – June 13, 1993) was one of the original NASA Mercury Seven astronauts.[1] After initially being grounded by a heart murmur, he served as NASA's Director of Flight Crew Operations, making him responsible for crew assignments at NASA from November 1963 until March 1972. At that time he was granted medical clearance to fly as the docking module pilot of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project. At the age of 51, he became the oldest person to fly into space.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Brian O'Leary
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa9e87adb9f5.jpg[/atsimg]
Brian Todd O'Leary is an American scientist and a former NASA astronaut. He was one of the sixth group of astronauts selected by NASA in August 1967. This group of eleven were known as the scientist-astronauts, intended to train for the Apollo Applications Program—a follow-on to the Apollo Program.

If I missed any other astronauts, fill us in. Thanks!

Note: User karl 12 informed me in this post that the quote by Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev might be difficult to confirm, saying:

Chaos, the quote by Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev is a bit difficult to verify as he wasn't listed as visiting the Solyut 6 in 1979 - I suppose they could have doctored the list though.

[admin edit: off-topic and irrelevant commentary removed]

[edit on 7/5/10 by CHA0S]

[edit on 7-5-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Great thread! I'm going to read this latert - I gotta go now

I like the fact that you putted pictures, quotes,etc

Great thread!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by jolois]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Story Musgrave could be included in that list since he does believe there are E.T.'s and does try to communicate with them

Dr. Musgrave stated he attempted to communicate with ET life forms during each of his six missions. He actually asked them to take him with them. Now that’s an astronaut with a lot of courage. Dr. Musgrave retired after this flight from NASA.

richardlalancette.wordpress.com...

"I express a desire that whatever is out there would come down and get me. And if they came for me, unconditionally, I would go. If they are that advanced, they probably know my requirements in terms of oxygen, pressure, and other things "

www.spacestory.com...

"The Public is Ready to Know if Anyone has Visited Us"

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Are they All 33 dregree Masons ? Cause if they are, they are Lieing, and the reason why will be appearant in the near future..

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Nice, that's quite interesting. I was trying to avoid adding to my original post, astronauts that hadn't directly had an experience or didn't out-right believe there is an Alien presence on Earth. But that's still quite interesting, and I'm in no way saying you shouldn't have posted it...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't know... some serious accuracy/honesty issues were raised regarding Gordon Cooper's accounts. Statements from other astronauts seem to vary from interview to interview, as seems to be the case with Buzz Aldrin [statements change from science "fact" to science fiction, as he describes it].

And being an Astronaut is no guarantee of sanity.

Only they know for sure. There are people here who don't believe that they ever landed on the moon in the first place, so I guess it depends on which conspiracy theory to which one subscribes.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
All of their claims have been debunked I noticed in the same google search I did that you suggested.

Many of these astronauts are old and their memories are false. Their typical glory hounds who only want attention once their out of the programs. Many feel they should not have been discharged from the programs and harbor ill will towards their employers for a bad day they had once. None of them have come out while employed by NASA or shortly after their landing. Mosts likely they had a bad day and thus want to discredit the field that true scientists and real americans work hard to protect.

memories are easy to corrupt through persuasion or wishful thinking, this is a proven fact. Google memory and robbery to watch videos and the results of numerous studies showing how memories cant be relied on for facts. This can be seen in the choice paradox where people believe whatever item they choose to be arbitrarily better then another item.

So in order to close the book on their allegations I present these 2 closing statements:

1. Their old, so their memories are rubbish.
2. Their all unemployed, none of them currently working at NASA, so they have all day to sit around and concoct these wild delusions of grandeur.
3. they all crave attention and use books and video to get more attention proving that nothing they say can be taken seriously and is more like some form of lucid dreaming.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by tigpoppa]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

In time you to may c a ufo.i know its real and its frustrating trying to tell other people your story,maybe you will experience this frustration if you scan the skys enough.
op . brilliant thread .
sf

+28 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

All of their claims have been debunked
Why's that, because you made a post saying they are all old crack pots? You sit there claiming some of the first men to travel to space and walk on the moon are all old senile, money hungry dogs looking for attention? (rather than believe the millions of people saying otherwise)

[edit on 7/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dashar

I have seen a UFO before, what does that have to do with anything? These men like i said though are clearly not to be trusted and are simply angry and hate their lives since their old people. Pretty crappy astronauts though if they witness something like that then sit on it cuz their too lazy to do anything about it for like 40 years. I mean seriously at that age it was just a bad dream they now think is true. Happens to old people just google dementia or Alzheimer.

They either hide it to be a coward, or bring it up to get attention once people forget who they are. Then again I never knew who some of them were and no matter how hard they try I still dont care. Its in the past and they need to make way for the next generation. Like all generations we are improved and more sophisticated and intelligent then these old people who do nothing but lash out at their former employers over a bad day at work.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Nice, that's quite interesting. I was trying to avoid adding to my original post, astronauts that hadn't directly had an experience or didn't out-right believe there is an Alien presence on Earth. But that's still quite interesting, and I'm in no way saying you shouldn't have posted it

yes it is interesting and since Story does try to communicate with E.T.'s, i would have to think he does believe there is some presence here to contact OR he is trying to contact some Alien life on a different planet which makes less sense ?

another Astronaut to consider is X15 pilot Joseph Walker who was supposedly sent on a mission to detect ufo's and did get some pictures of them so he obviously did have some kind of "experience" ...i dunno

NASA Pilot Joseph A. Walker

On May 11, 1962 NASA pilot Joseph Walker said that one of his tasks was to detect UFOs during his X-15 flights. He had filmed five or six UFOs during his record breaking fifty-mile-high flight in April, 1962. It was the second time he had filmed UFOs in flight. During a lecture at the Second National Conference on the Peaceful Uses of Space Research in Seattle, Washington he said:

"I don't feel like speculating about them. All I know is what appeared on the film which was developed after the flight."

To date none of those films has been released to the public for viewing

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by easynow]

+32 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Come on now, gimme a break.

10 or more highly trained astronauts say they saw evidence of ET ships while they were in space and you have the kahunas to make comments like that about them?

I am curious who died and left you to say the final word about anything those people who risked their lives in space exploration said or did?

I will never understand as long as I live why this particular subject brings out people who totally refuse to believe even when faced with testimony from sources like the astronauts. Interesting thing is those are the very people that when ET finally lands will go bonkers, jump out of windows and off bridges. The rest of us will just say "about time" and go on about our lives.

+6 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
wow, tigpoppa you really have such a negative view on these things. If ten astronauts are singing the same tune, Im sorry but you cant simply dismiss all ten, due to them being old. Utter nonsense. Not all old people have dementia or memory problems. Edgar mitchell is also a scientist, and im guessing alot more educated than yourself. You really believe hes an attention seeker? have you listened to him speak?. Anyone who shares your view is an idiot. It just proves a point that people wouldn't believe in aliens if one was staring them in the face.

Im not saying that this is concrete proof in ET's, but nothing ever would be unless its you who experience it. And then again, you still probably wouldn't accept it. Astronauts have seen space close up, they have no reason to lie and together with the thousands of pilots, police, military etc who experience the same thing, your thinking is absurd.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Astronauts should know what they're talking about when it comes to Aliens right? Do you think these men are insane, lying, or misinformed? Lets take a look at what some Astronauts are claiming.

The first sign that one is dealing with a sloppy thinker is the 'false dilemma' where they insist there are ONLY a small number of possibilities to a puzzle -- as here. One other unmentioned possibility is that many of the stories are bogus, planted for the easily duped.

A good sign one is dealing with a eager-believer is that they claim person A says something but actually what they only can prove is that person B
--SAID-- that person A said something. Many examples here.

Another sign of logical pathology is quoting from a person when that person supports their opinions but leaving out quotations from that same person that are inconvenient to what they already enjoy believing.

These are all typical of young enthusiasts who think they have discovered an easy shortcut to insider knowledge that makes them superior to their associates, teachers, co-workers, and family members.

Now, what are we offered here? The stuff we just listed.

Testimony in favor of UFO visits by astronaut Ed Mitchell (who admits he never saw one but heard from others), Deke Slayton, and Gordon Cooper (who tells two interesting storties from before he became an astronaut, stories that have been shown to differ immensely from the accounts of every other witness to the events).

Mitchell and Cooper also testify that they never encountered UFOs in space or know of any other astronauts who did. This testimony is conveniently omitted.

Testimony from a man named Maurice Chatelain who some people claim was 'Chief of NASA Communications'. There is no verifiable evidence he ever worked for NASA at all, or ever worked anywhere in the manned space program during Apollo missions, in any position. When checked, his name is not in any NASA telephone directories, organization charts, or employment records beyond a brief mid-1960s stint for North American in Downey, California, where he was fired.

Reliance on the open-mindedness of Story Musgrave, an honest and forthright human being who makes it clear he never encountered any signs of alien intelligence on his space missions and doesn't know of any other astronaut who did.

A quote attributed to Scott Carpenter that appears to have been totally fabricated, as Carpenter has testified.

A quotation attributed to Jim Irwin that appears to be totally bogus.

The opinion of Brian O'Leary, and imaginative and sweet human being who washed out of astronaut training more than forty years ago and had his own creative life independent of the real manned space program afterwards. He makes good arguments for lots of far out ideas, but has never to my knowledge presented any original insights to astronaut sightings during space missions.

A story attributed to cosmonaut Afanasyev that makes reference to an impossible space mission at an impossible date from an impossible launch site, that is plausible only if all space records in Russia were changed, and the memories of those who recall the actual missions were all wiped clean.

These are the sorts of things that kiddies believe enthusiastically in, until they get a little mileage under their cerebrums and find out the really interesting -- but much more subtle -- fascinations of Ufology.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

The first sign that one is dealing with a sloppy thinker is

pot meet kettle...

easynowsufoblog.blogspot.com...

Reliance on the open-mindedness of Story Musgrave, an honest and forthright human being who makes it clear he never encountered any signs of alien intelligence on his space missions and doesn't know of any other astronaut who did.

would Musgrave try and communicate with E.T.'s because he thinks there is something here to contact or is he trying to contact something on a different planet ? OR is he just one of the many "eager believers" you cry about all the time ?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
"I will never understand as long as I live why this particular subject brings out people who totally refuse to believe even when faced with testimony from sources like the astronauts. Interesting thing is those are the very people that when ET finally lands will go bonkers, jump out of windows and off bridges. The rest of us will just say "about time" and go on about our lives. "

Agreed. Still, this post is so pertinent that I think someone should make a YouTube video out of it - complete with music and some background motion graphics. I bet it'll be one of the most watched videos ever.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Great Thread! S&F.
What else, Now?

Main Stream Media world-wide are now ready to spread these news and testimonies coming from ASTRONAUTS, witnesses above all suspect?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Your previous thread had 6 astronaut believers in it, this one has 10. What's going on here?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

This is a great thread, thank you! I haven't heard about all of the astronauts you have mentioned in the OP, though I do know about the majority and their claims can be to a degree verified. The sad part of the story is, that as fantastic it is, people do not (want to) believe their claims because they have been programmed not to over the years. People have been brainwashed to think of the UFO/ET subject as a joke, meaning that even if there is direct evidence or solid proof (2001 Conference anyone?), they will either ignore it or deny it - in most cases. Also there is the problem with claims that the Moon landings were a elaborate hoax and because of that, anyone who was in space is immediately suspicious. That's how the human mind has been conditionally programmed throughout the 20th century. And bizzare as the Truth may be, it needs to come out and people need to here it, openly, publicly and oficially! And those times are coming. The world will hardly go "boom". And just to add to the claims of the space-gentlemen from the OP - I have personally met with Alexey Leonov (rings any bells?), he is a great personality by the way, and he has told one important thing. That even if the cosmonauts saw anything in space at those times, they had to stay quiet, because otherwise they would lose their jobs. He did see a few things out there himself, but heck, what could he do if the regime forbidded him to tell and the entities operating the craft were eons more advanced? To say the least, people will suddenly wake up to the reality we live in and accept it as fact, but until then it will stay infront of their faces as an invisible door they need to go through.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join