It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Bay Hoping to Blow Up Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I just found this and thought I would share with you guys. Supposedly Michael Bay wants to blow up the oil spill in the Gulf for a movie. Obama is seriously considering it and BP backs him up. Will they really do this? Even though I can't figure out how they would do that, what kind of explosion it could be and what would the after effects be?

Hollywood film director Michael Bay hopes he can convince officials to let him blow up the Gulf of Mexico. The recent oil spill from the Deepwater Horizon oil rig has created ideal conditions for a Gulf-wide explosion.

Bay plans to use the massive explosion in the next Transformers movie.

“We need to turn this negative into a positive,” said Bay. “A controlled explosion of the entire Gulf of Mexico will be spectacular and it will get rid of the oil spill in the Gulf. It’s a win-win situation for everyone.”

While the explosion has not gained regulatory approval, the studio backing Bay has already launched several satellites to film the event, and Bay has been in discussions with renowned Hollywood pyrotechnics expert Claude VanDuzen to plan the explosion.

“We have to act quickly when we get the green light,” said Bay. “If this spill reaches the coast before the explosion, we could possibly destroy Louisiana, Mississippi and possibly Florida. I wouldn’t mind, but some people may have a problem with that.”

Source

Does anyone else care about Louisiana, Mississippi, or Florida?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If it is true the will do it with a nuke like the russians did and have been putting the idea forward for the USA to do.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

What about the massive amount of greenhouse gasses that will be emitted into the atmosphere????? Would alter weather patterns, NO?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hello from Biloxi, here!

I've never heard of this publication, and to me the idea seems way too outlandish to have any merit.

In other words, it's completely insane.

So, let's blow up the gulf and kill a few more sea creatures for the benefit of Hollyweird?

I'm not buying it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If allowed to move forward the explosion would be the second largest in movie history. George Lucas blowing up the Earth’s second moon for Star Wars: A New Hope would still top the list.

I remember that one!

cute story

Guys, Hello George Lucas did not blow up our "second moon" Good morning

[edit on 5-5-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is fake. There is no bomb capable of destroying the entire Gulf + those states.

That would take dozens of nukes.

Sorry no dice. This has to be a joke.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Not to any great degree. Even though its leaking a lot of oil, the total is still far less than we burn in normal use on this planet every single day. The climate effects would be very minimal. I doubt it could even be ignited all at once, anyway. The oil isn't a solid sheet, but much of it is in bands.

Not that I buy this story anyway. Sounds like complete BS.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Thanks for the input friend, and it is a dumb idea especially for entertainment purposes...

2nd

[edit on 5/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I live near New Orleans

This article has to be complete BS, there is no way a movie director would be allowed to blow up the gulf.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Tsunami! The entire coastline of the Gulf; Mexico, Florida, Texas, Louisanna, Missasippi, Alabama, Ruined. People drowned.
Radition killing marine life, mutating marine life. Such a bad idea!
What they need is a machine that sucks the water into it, filtrating the water, and storing the oil into a tanker. A large vaccume cleaner for the ocean. Similar to a wet shop vaccume.

What we need is to get off the fossil feuls. They are like poisonous drugs to the Earth.

It's Rehabilitation time!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Its BBSpot. Does no one know that this is parody?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Um...

From BBSpot themselves...

"Called "the world's greatest tech humour site" by The Register, BBspot creates entertainment for the geekier side of the world. BBspot produces a variety of features like fake news stories satirizing the tech and political worlds, the BBspot Mailbag which pokes fun at the Believers (people who believe our fake news) and much more. "

So.. yeah. While it would be a pretty badass explosion, c'mon... really? It's satire, and well done at that this time around

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
BBSpot FAQ

General FAQ

Support - Tips - General - Submissions - BBloopers
You know you're not The Onion, right?

Yes, unless BBspot translates to Onion in some extra-terrestrial language. There is no identity crisis at BBspot. I never once thought BBspot was an international multi-media conglomerate with a team of writers, editors, graphic artists, ad salespeople, and caterers. I do have it on good authority that The Onion does think it's BBspot from time to time.

[edit on 5 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The only problem is how are you going to blow it up at the same time? Because if you could pull that off it would be the GREATEST. EXPLOSION. EVER. I may be a pyromaniac but imagine that raw explosive power....

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Something tells me this is right next to a story about Bat Boy....

Does anyone else care about Louisiana, Mississippi, or Florida?

Just us folks that live here! Besides....do you really want to blow up DisneyWorld?

new topics

top topics

join