It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fearmongers' Were Right about Obamacare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Well I would expect your Communist flag avatar self to have such views. I guess they should share more with you so we can all have Yugos and drink Vodka all day, Comrade.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

What, are you an agent?
You sound like one, provoke like one....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

I've done my research and am not about to do any for someone who can't when the page numbers are given to them. Besides, what does it matter to you? You live in Canada and love your laws. Leave those of us that live here make the decisions how we live.

Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hold on... you mean to tell me that a bill no one read, was passed by back room deals, and was essentially crammed down the throats of the majority of Americans (who opposed it), is going to be detrimental to our society???

Seriously, what has happened to America? We are doomed, screw 2012, we should be lucky to see 2011.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Well, if you want to make a good case for something you'll need to provide more than your own summarizations.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Risen]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Unfortunately, although I was agreeing with you, when you decided to blame this on the Muslims, you lost it. Maybe that is the problem. The problem is difusion. You can defuse the prolblem by blaming it on your pet peeve, the Muslims. Everybody difuses it and the government gets away with it again. The root of the problem is that our criminal government is controlled by offshore bankers in league with feudalistic royals who want economic control plus depoulation. Since the offshore bankers and the feudalistic royals both backed Hitler in WWII, they have revealed their world goals which are total control and depopulation. On the way there,they intend to reduce the US to poverty to make use of cheap manpower and cannon fodder to bring their war of world conquest to victory.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

You are on of the prime examples, of a couple of examples, of American citizens that do not get it. This is not just about you. Do you really think the rich are going carry the expense for this health care LOL - ever wonder why they are rich? They didn't get rich by given into the government. The middle class is going carry the brunt of the cost for this health bill - period. But maybe you were referring to the middle class as rich.

There is so much to this health care bill that a lawyer would need weeks to figure out the final results - yet most of this administration didn't even finishing reading it LOL. That is why you have to pre-pay for gasoline before you fill your tank - same concept. and you say you don't care and don't give two s#ts. You may want to think about where you may be in the near future - maybe you will be "one the rich" paying for other peoples health care - I wonder how you will like that if that happens LOL You will be a tax slave right along with the rest of us.

Everyone in congress needs to be dragged out by their necks (and especially this administration) and relieved of duty. Re-elect a new congress via the internet (using the best tech people on the face of the globe). Then let the newly elected serve one term (what ever length we decide on by another election) and then when their term is over - send them right to the congress rehab - jail - because by the time they get out they are corrupt. Just kidding of course.

Congress is nothing more than the Genovesse's or Gambino's (Repulicans and Democrats) running us into the ground. Just depends who is in power at the time for their turn to pillage / rape / steal and profit from that power. You couldn't hire a better group to destroy a nation as the group we now have in that zoo building.

I believe in all the principles and the system we have in America but they are shredding all of it on a daily bases. Drinking the kool-aid gets us nowhere - it will eventually succeed in dividing us even more - and that seems what this administration is bent on. They never hesitate to pull out the race card when things get rough - thus keeping us divided.

Liberals will give this country away until there is nothing left to give - then the s#t will hit the blades. History never fails to repeat itself. Many have been predicting the s#t hitting the blades - and it is for sure getting closer as we battle on ATS. It is easy to type and sit back and bi### about our predicament - but believe me there are many people out there that get things done and can still save this country in spite of itself.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

It still remains. It doesn't effect you and if you are only going by what you have heard from your all controlled media and your all controlling government, I'm sure you have a real grasp of what out Health Care law is about. If you have tried to read it like you SAY you have, and can't see where it doesn't work then I have no other opinion to share with you. It wouldn't matter and I have no incentive to try to change the opinion you already have!

Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

This post and the three following it contain links to the various claims about the health care bill (it was at the time, yes it's law now) and how true those claims are. If you're really interested in seeing the truth behind claims that were made and not just out to prove a point, it's all there for your perusal.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna,
My guess is he doesn't want to learn, he wants to be convinced and that is not our problem. The page numbers are there to read and it's his responsibility to make his own decisions on validity. Thanks by the way, I was looking for those links!
Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I don't believe my eyes. Here we have an entirely new thread that duplicates
the discussions that were active here on ATS months ago. What I don't
understand is how this "ObamaCare" plan was signed into law but nothing
dreadful has happened? We were all warned of dire consequences, but when
will they occur?

Iceland Volcano Disaster... Oil Slick Tragedy.... Terrorist lurking on every
corner... Greece will bring down the financial world... etc. etc..

It almost seems that the Devil himself is in charge of the media and the sicko
"experts" that spew worst-case scenarios over the airwaves and internet.
-cwm

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

I guess you haven't read the bill either. We are going to be paying higher taxes for this damned monstrosity for four years before anyone is eligible. Then when it starts to kick in the fun starts. What we're talking about is the absolute control this law, by it's language and intentions, will do to curtail our freedom to live as each individual see fit. It has NOTHING to do with good intentions. It has everything to do with control of our lives!

Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by piddles
all of you people always describe the HCR bill as some kind of homosexual fantasy when the current system guarantees you will pay WAY more than necessary..."out the ass" if you will.

whatever dudes

[edit on 4-5-2010 by piddles]

Huh? You can't possibly be serious - and actually be thinking - all at the same time.

Under the 'current' system, not only do I NOT 'pay out the ass', I don't pay anything at all. I take care of my own health, doctors, hospitals, lawyers and insurance companies can kiss my... non-payments.

[edit on 2010/5/4 by nenothtu]

yeah I'm not covered so I hafta pay for health care like normal people do, which is out the ass. There's things you can do like go to other countries for surgery and treat yourself holistically but that stuff tends to be expensive as well.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

"Y'all need to stop living in a dream world and realize you are allowing the very same violent sociopaths to be in charge as you give as the reason to rely on state control."

Which ones would those be, DINNSTAR? The democratic ones or the republican ones?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Doom and gloom, they will tweak it and find a few tax dollars and the sky will quite falling for a while. Then it will start all over again, a few new changes, a few new taxes and all will be good again. It's a cycle that has been going on for decades so don't get your panties in a wad. You will be OK in the long run.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In reality, the healthcare bill, as with many other pieces of legislation, isn't really about what people think it is. The real agenda of the healthcare legislation is control. When you control every aspect of a citizens life, you control them completely.

When all the analysis is done, and all the thousands of pages are read, and the public finally understands what's really in the package, they'll see the truth. it was a control issue all the time. The powers that be need this bill to further their agenda. They want to ration, and have people crawling on their knees, begging the government for help.

This bill is only the start. Once Cap and trade start, and every other piece of crap legislation our idiot congress passes, wee will have the last few nails driven into the coffin of the middle class.

And yes, the fearmongers were right. But it only gets worse. if you thinkit's bad now, give it six months.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Anytime. It took me a minute to find the thread. Couldn't remember what it was called, and it's been long enough that it's not on my recent posts anymore. Can't force anyone to read through it all, but it's there should anyone choose to.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

They occurred when our president made back room guarantees to insurance companies & the pharmaceutical companies that he would protect their profits AND guarantee them millions of indentured customers. Then, they occurred again when our Congress used the proposals as leverage for political haymaking and corruption and AFTER their constituents b*tched & screamed & called & faxed & emailed & petitioned, the SOBs went ahead and signed the bill ANYWAY.

But the REAL tragedy comes when people have to choose between making their house payments and feeding their kids & making sure the CEOs & lobbyists get their guaranteed bonuses from their politician friend's saps. Or that they get SERIOUSLY ill from something minor because NOW, they don't have the "disposable income" to go to a neighborhood clinic, because they spent it on ins they can't afford to use or a tax...er, excuse me. A "fine".
You aren't the first OFA many of us have ever seen. We know the drill: But, but you can move into an apartment...CLOSER to work. You can buy a USED car (like that won't take some funds to keep running)...or or or...RIDE A BICYCLE (right. in Boston. In the middle of Winter) I was surprised that food banks weren't mentioned as a relief.
Sorry for the flame, but if Y'All weren't so blinded by The Great One, or brainwashed, or whatever the hell is wrong with you, you would realize just how ticked off people are. LIBERALS are ticked off! Just because the "dissent" is pushed back 2 dozen pages on sites like HuffPo or shouted down on the left blogs where Y'All can't see it, it is still there. Geeeez Y'All are like robots. When obviously lame stuff like car insurance gets debunked over & over again, you STILL keep on.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
yeah I'm not covered so I hafta pay for health care like normal people do, which is out the ass. There's things you can do like go to other countries for surgery and treat yourself holistically but that stuff tends to be expensive as well.

Sooo... the gist of your argument is that, since, for whatever reason, you won't take care of yourself (I dunno - maybe you haven't figured out how, maybe you're squeamish, could be a lot of reasons other than sheer sorriness), so other folks should pay for yet OTHER folks to do it for you? Does that about wrap it up?

I'll tell you what, you folks are more than welcome to impose whatever sort of external control system on yourselves you'd like to, but I'm not buying into it. I'll be just fine as I am, no micromanagement necessary. I'm opting out of your collective.

Before you tell me I 'can't', I'll clue you in - I've thrown my own stitches, set my own breaks, cured my own infections and whatnot, and will continue to do so. I've not found it to be terribly expensive, certainly not as much so as what I've paid into that useless insurance scam. I've not been to see a doctor in 24 years (and that was because the boss MADE me go to remove a troublesome wedding band from a damaged finger - I was just gonna take the band off with tin snips), and am just fine. Meanwhile, all around me, these doctor-running folks are falling by the wayside left and right.

I'm telling ya, there's something wrong there beyond whether or not the government forces me to buy useless insurance I can't afford to use, and don't particularly want to use anyhow.

Nope, I'm not buying into your collective at all. I've got no problems if YOU volunteer to, though. That's the American way - live and let live. Don't force ME into anything, and I'll not force YOU.

[edit on 2010/5/4 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by andy1033

Ah yes!... Europe is one country all in unison. Blain and brown, PM's of europe not just england. Forget about all the other countries. It's not like their are countries that make up europe or anything. Pretty crazy civil war you guys had with germany and hitler.

And then we have rulers of north america like bush and obama. Canada and mexico who?

All sarcasm aside, but are that many people on this site that misinformed of geography. I've heard things from people on here ranging from the european army to european health care, leaders, and business. Really?

As a major in business I would never expect to do business with just europe. Yet so many people on here think they are some kind of business enterprise and their are no borders in europe. You guys do know that you've been to war with each other many times over the course of history?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join