It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought of the possibility that these aliens could just be non-empathatic?Maybe they are like serial killers and lack empathy?Maybe they have a culture like ancient sparta...is this so far fetched?

I stated above that maybe to them war is a sport...maybe the planet is so overpopulated from where they come from they hold sanctioned 'wars' to designate what resources go to what citys state/nation.

Is that so far fetched to you?

Maybe the easiest way to gain resources is through war.I mean yeah hypothetically speaking we could get resources from asteroids...but how much would that cost us? And they could have renewable energy.....but what if that is more expensive then finite resorces?

Furthermore what if planets themselves are resources? maybe they have a certain atmosphere that is rare in the galaxy...maybe like our planet? we have only found maybe few planets in our search that could hypothetically support our life. and if they have billions or maybe even trillions of inhabitents...maybe a planet is worth killing over.

Maybe there females give birth to litters.....dozens of babies at a time and that has resulted from overpopulation...maybe they dont believe in abortion.

Which is another thing i thinking about...what would aliens think of a species that kills its own young in the womb?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

There is a debate going on inspired by the comments of Professor Stephen Hawking, who in a recent release, states that although he believes in the possibility of life elsewhere, he believes we should NOT attempt to contact them.

The reason is that the aliens may be hostile, and when they pinpoint our location, they could invade, and enslave us, much like some recent movies depict. He stated that:

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans." The entire article can be found at Encouraging Alien/UFO Contact a Bad Idea Says Stephen Hawking

Immediately after the release of Hawking's comments, the rebuttals began, with the most notable being from the Disclosure Project Director, Dr. Steven Greer, who stated:

"Hawking should refrain from stirring the war-mongering fear pot that attends all things alien." See all of Greer's comments at Disclosure Project - Response to Stephen Hawking Alien Comments.

Credits go to ufos.com for the wording of this article.

Now it's your turn. What do you think? Should we be fearful of alien contact?

My Personal View on this matter is that we should not Fear Contact, I'd welcome it with open arms. Thier is Several reason people may fear them but if they wanted to get rid of us, they would have already.

You should not fear anything, for there is nothing to fear.

Extraterrestrials didn't just find out about us from some random space-bound earth signals.

They've been here the whole time. We are not just some random anomaly of the Universe, no, we are much more. The majority of Humanity lives in fear and divides itself, forgetting the underlying truth of it's statuesque subsistence.

When will people open their eyes? When will people comprehend they aren't alone? When you look out into the heavens do you not feel that yearning to remember something long forgotten?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire

reply to post by tauempire

well if everyone theory on the goverment already contacting them is true, wouldnt the goverment have allowed them to take samples on us, and observations, atleast thats what all the popular beliefs are.

I dont care if our governments allowed them....the governments dont represent humanity or those individuals that were tortured and mind raped(assuming the stories are true).

and if they did the stupid mfers could have destroyed our race anyways...they even sent out a blood sample in space.

the aliens could make a weapon to specifically target our species...like nano-robots.....THIS IS WHY YOU DONT MAKE CONTACT!

even michio kaku says not to seek them out!
[edit on 4-5-2010 by tauempire]

Dear tauempire, you're making some very good points. I agree with you. Interesting about the idea that the aliens might attack us using nanotechnology. I personally tend to think that our planet was attacked in exactly that manner a very long time ago already. I have this idea that maybe [for me it is almost an article of my religion] "male gamete" is a nanotechnology weapon system, to incapacitate our brain functionality, thus to keep us primative and thereby continue to enjoy using us as a source of food, as and when they might get that hungry. Interestingly, you might like to consider the possibility that the Bibilical "Mark of the Beast" is in fact reference to the "Male Gamete". A ultimate way by which to weaken our species and ultimately perhaps destroy our species.

You mentioned that your experience with the aliens was paranormal. Alot of folks agree with you on that, which is why I hold to my ideas expressed in my entry in this thread. Page Twelve. If reality is, as I speculate, purely holographic and multidimensional, then it is logical that what any one individual percieves as reality is entirely unique to that individual. Psychosis. So evil persons get evil experiences. Righteous persons get righteous experiences. So if for you the alien are evil it is probably thus because you are evil. If on the other hand for you the alien are good then it is probably thus because you are good. What is good and evil is not a subjective personal opinion. However, what is good and evil is objectively arrived at by scientific logic. Violence is evil. Gentleness is good. These are basic fundamental attributes. Almighty God is constantly observing our conduct and thus we get the reality that we deserve, based on Her Divine Judgement. It is an on going never ending process called by Buddhists the Law of Kharma. Please refer back to my entry on page twelve of this thread so as to be able to understand my opinion better.

For reference I include here the law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded. It is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM(tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. One can speculate that it was given to me by some benevolent aliens. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One God there be no other God. Her names are many but she be the one true God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La deus nostra, notre dame, our lady, The holy spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving her above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to her above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

There is a debate going on inspired by the comments of Professor Stephen Hawking, who in a recent release, states that although he believes in the possibility of life elsewhere, he believes we should NOT attempt to contact them.

The reason is that the aliens may be hostile, and when they pinpoint our location, they could invade, and enslave us, much like some recent movies depict. He stated that:

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans." The entire article can be found at Encouraging Alien/UFO Contact a Bad Idea Says Stephen Hawking

Immediately after the release of Hawking's comments, the rebuttals began, with the most notable being from the Disclosure Project Director, Dr. Steven Greer, who stated:

"Hawking should refrain from stirring the war-mongering fear pot that attends all things alien." See all of Greer's comments at Disclosure Project - Response to Stephen Hawking Alien Comments.

Credits go to ufos.com for the wording of this article.

Now it's your turn. What do you think? Should we be fearful of alien contact?

My Personal View on this matter is that we should not Fear Contact, I'd welcome it with open arms. Thier is Several reason people may fear them but if they wanted to get rid of us, they would have already.

Extraterrestrials didn't just find out about us from some random space-bound earth signals.

They've been here the whole time. We are not just some random anomaly of the Universe, no, we are much more. The majority of Humanity lives in fear and divides itself, forgetting the underlying truth of it's statuesque subsistence.

When will people open their eyes? When will people comprehend they aren't alone? When you look out into the heavens do you not feel that yearning to remember something long forgotten?

I feel thankful...that the aliens are staying the heck away from me and my family and most likely earth. i dont buy the "they are already"CRAP.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

One thing that bothers me about this discussion of aliens is that man for some reason projects his own self onto others whether true or not. Scientists at least do acknowledge that planet earth is totally different in composition from other planets, so why would not aliens possibly be totally different as well? Of course, I am from the age when twilight zone was a good t.v. show and the dimensions were all being considered...

I do not fear any alien unless it demonstrates that it should be feared...so far the only aliens that have made contact and legitimized appear to be apparitions of the virgin mary and strange likenesses of Jesus on barns, doors, windows, and pieces of bread and cheese and other oddities...

I do not expect an alien culture to be a humanoid culture...why should it be? we are a product of our environment and unless there is another planet like earth somewhere, there is no reason to believe that a people structured being will exist anywhere but on the planet earth...

and furthermore, if there is another earth, is it in an advanced stage and would those inhabitants want to find and visit us if capable of doing so?

If that were the case, then heck yes, I would be just as afraid or hopeful of them as I am of the human race on this planet already....life is risky at best...take your choice. Live in fear or live in hope, trust, and faith...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

And they will continue to respect your Free Will.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

well if everyone theory on the goverment already contacting them is true, wouldnt the goverment have allowed them to take samples on us, and observations, atleast thats what all the popular beliefs are.

I dont care if our governments allowed them....the governments dont represent humanity or those individuals that were tortured and mind raped(assuming the stories are true).

and if they did the stupid mfers could have destroyed our race anyways...they even sent out a blood sample in space.

the aliens could make a weapon to specifically target our species...like nano-robots.....THIS IS WHY YOU DONT MAKE CONTACT!

even michio kaku says not to seek them out!
[edit on 4-5-2010 by tauempire]

Dear tauempire, your making some very good points. I agree with you. Interesting about the idea that the aliens might attack us using nanotechnology. I personally tend to think that our planet was attacked in exactly that manner a very long time ago already. I have this idea that maybe [for me it is almost an article of my religion] "male gamete" is a nanotechnology weapon system to incapacitate our brain functionality thus to keep us primative and thereby continue to enjoy using us as a source of food as and when they might get that hungry. Interestingly you might like to consider the possibility that the Bibilical "Mark of the Beast" is in fact reference to the "Male Gamete". A ultimate way by which to weaken our species and ultimately perhaps destroy our species.
You mentioned that your experience with the aliens was paranormal. Alot of folks agree with you on that which is why I hold to my ideas expressed in my entry in this thread. Page Twelve. If reality is as I speculate purely holographic and multidimensional then it is logical that what any one individual perceives as reality is entirely unique to that individual. Psychosis. So evil persons get evil experiences. Righteous persons get righteous experiences. So if for you the alien are evil it is probably thus because you are evil. If on the other hand for you the alien are good then it is probably thus because you are good. What is good and evil is not a subjective personal opinion. However what is good and evil is objectively arrived at by scientific logic. Violence is evil. Gentleness is good. These are basic fundamental attributes. Almighty God is constantly observing our conduct and thus we get the reality that we deserve based on Her judgement. It is an on going never ending process called by Buddhists the Law of Kharma. Please refer back to my entry on page twelve of this thread so as to understand my opinion better.

i hope your not being sexist...the male gamete is male sperm...do you wanna get rid of us males?? are you a femenazi?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by nltkn

Live in fear or live in hope, trust, and faith...

hope is irrational.

faith CAN be irrational.

trust.....you cant trust ANYONE.

trust me...im pretty paranoid in real life so....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

We should all be aware that our world and civilization could be gone without any notice. Fear of anything will only keep you.......

Once we were enslaved by another race and made of what they desired how would you feel any different to any other being that you have done the same too? I welcome all Change!!!

How many times has this happened in the last second in the universe?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by nltkn

One thing that bothers me about this discussion of aliens is that man for some reason projects his own self onto others whether true or not. Scientists at least do acknowledge that planet earth is totally different in composition from other planets, so why would not aliens possibly be totally different as well? Of course, I am from the age when twilight zone was a good t.v. show and the dimensions were all being considered...

Totally different? how is that?

The last i remember is that Earth is a ball of rock with an iron nucleus, just like Venus, Mercury, Mars, the one important difference is water, and there was water in Mars.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Im a fan of ATS..but can we keep this in a sane discussion? and by that i mean....can we not have you guys(you know who you are) who claim to be 'talking' to the aliens post? i dont want to hear about you 'channeling' aliens or something like "they only contact the open minded dude".

that crap makes me VERY made.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Im a fan of ATS..but can we keep this in a sane discussion? and by that i mean....can we not have you guys(you know who you are) who claim to be 'talking' to the aliens post? i dont want to hear about you 'channeling' aliens or something like "they only contact the open minded dude".

You are the one living in fear and getting all worked up over trust, hope, and alien contact.

Who is sane?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by 11118]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

I agree with Steve Hawking. We should fear Alien contact. We would have no idea what their true intentions are (think V). We shouldn't be running around like headless chooks panicking either, but welcoming them with open arms could be a fatal move. Extreme caution would be the best approach.

BTW I wouldn't take anything that idiot Steven Greer says seriously.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Beast Of Gevaudan]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I am dismayed by so many good vs. evil, x vs. y, styled arguments. There is an ever present but often overlooked principle of our Universe. There is positive, negative, and NEUTRAL.

Human beings are about to achieve the ability to image Earth sized exoplanets. This is what human beings can do after 100 years of progressive technology. Hypothetical advanced civilizations beyond Earth could be millions of years ahead of humanity. Think of what that means. Imagine a species that could detect Earth's atmosphere 100 million years ago. Now imagine 1000 civilizations that could have had that ability. Oddly enough, Earth was not invaded when there were no intelligent beings to resist. Humans can not resist invasion now, but dinosaurs would fare even worse. There is still plentiful hydrocarbons and fissile elements left for humanity to use. Why?

The power of interstellar space travel does not come from refined hydrocarbons or nuclear material. It does not come from any naturally occurring element found on Earth. Space faring civilizations are MASTERS of spacetime. They are not human analogs with mastery of 21st century physics and thought. There is not enough intelligence and energy on Earth to even attempt what they are capable of and that is in no way an insult to humanity. They are no longer constrained by the requirements of biology. Why? Because biology is 100% fatal and unsustainable. They know that the Universe has a limited lifespan.

Think of what it means to master space and time. To have that accomplishment can only coincide with achieving Neutrality, the third way. When that happens, you are essentially a ghost to the human experience. An intelligence millions of years ahead of humanity is essentially a god. Rather than fear or welcome such a presence, ask, how could it ever be experienced to begin with?

Please don't worry about aliens. But keep your eyes and minds open anyway!
After all, there might be things in masquerade worth your attention.

DE

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Lol, yes, they channel but those superbenebolent aliens never gave to them something useful.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Ok here's another one ,
When will crack pots stop posting stuff like this ? If you want to say something why does it have to come with the "I know something you don't" tag. Seriously where do you come up with this junk , really if you have proof of this then post it go public . but for the love of all that is good and true in the world please stop the speculation as to whats been happening on the planet but no one else has noticed but you crap.

1: How do you know there is nothing to fear?
2: How do you know the so called ET's have not just found out about us?
3: How do you know they've been here the whole time?
4: How do you know we aren't just a random anomaly?
5: how do you know we're not alone?
6: What is it you feel ? Have you tried any methods to access this material? or can you ellaborate at all on what you mean?

Now i promise you my friend I would love nothing more than to uncover the secrets of the universe and to reach the ultimate goal of enlightenment or at the very least break the walls that imprison us to this reality that we have come to know. But in order to do that we need to look at the facts in front of us and put it together so that we can all uncover the truth .Not come across as mystics with vague ideas about what could be. Now if you can answer any of the questions that I have listed above with real information and proof then I would listen to you but until then please try and keep it real.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by mackblack27]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Humans have come in different shapes,sizes,color,orientation,etc. but the one thing we all have in commen is

1.)we are violent...get over it.

2.)we are selfish...get over it

3.)we are vain...get over it

4.) we are possessive and terratorial...get over it

if you guys would accept this....the way you view things would change.

I DONT disagree with this at all. Your on the money! Is a hard hitting fact that cant be sugar coated.

Only thing i'll add to that is, we have the choice.

Choice's reflected on all of those is based on a perspective. What you describe is generic patterns of survival. I believe in this day & age with the intelligence we now posses, we should be able to distinguish the difference. Only problem is, given today's increasing appetite dog eat dog setting, the world is being forced into those headings alot more frequently.

Im hopeful we will make it into space in a star trek type fashion, cause if your purely looking at the past exclusively, then if i were aliens, i'd be taking pot shots at our advancements.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

And you see ET's helping us evolve as being a safe result of contact. Man you need to watch some X Files.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

Keep it real?

Are you sure where you are at this very moment is real?

Do you even know where this actually is?

Ponder these questions, I can assure you that you hold all secrets.

I do not need to express factual date to back-up my claims. Take with you from my words what you will, leave the rest behind.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

i hope your not being sexist...the male gamete is male sperm...do you wanna get rid of us males?? are you a femenazi?

In response to your questions. I am actually male. My religion has been arrived at by using the scientific method and is widely respected. You might be new to it and your "shock of the new" attitude is understandable. However, given time to digest the facts and the vaste amount of data, you too might become a convert to my religion. One only has to realise what the "sperms" are doing. Not all sperms are male. Only 50% are carrier of the "male gamete". "Male Gamete" is not a sperm. It is a micro component in the nucleus of every cell in a mans body. It is not a chromosome. The majority of sperms are thus feminine. To quote a genetics expert "Life is first and foremost feminine". The immune system is constantly trying to kill "male gamete". Masculinity is a product of the cancer inducing effect of the "male gamete" carried in every cell of a mans body. Mutating him into the masculine form. Why are we never shown illustrations of the "male gamete" ? Probably because it is a nanotechnology robot just as I speculate. It causes cancer. Is that something healthy ? It incapacitates the codons of the DNA of the chromosomes. It does this by removing the crystals of mono-atomic gold or rodium found at the ends of the DNA strands. Like removing the batteries that power the system. Thus from conception men are suffering mental retardation. Woman getting "male gamete" by sexual contagion then develop mental retardation too. Is this healthy. Which does raise the question. Is "male gamete" an alien manufactured nanotechnology weapon system ? Ultimately masculinity is not what God intended. Nature is first and foremost feminine. This is science. Not politics. Certain woman thinking that I am supporting their political liberation movement are failing to understand my science. Woman are "male gamete" infected too. True femininity is rare. Virgins are few. Virgins do not exist so that men can get a really big orgasm. Virgins are sacred. Virgins are the only part of our species that are unaffected by the alien weapon system enslaving our planet. Virgins should thus recieve our protection and respect. I as a man practice celibacy in accordance with the PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM(tm) which I mentioned in reference above on page sixteen of this thread.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join