It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update On Breaking News On NYC Evacuation, Car Bomb Was The Cause

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There have been several web cam sites (EarthCam, CamVista, TimesSquare2.com, etc.) that have shown footage (and shared it with the MSM) of the responders and the evacuation of Time Square but none of the moment the vehicle with the explosives was placed there. Why?

Wouldn't it be a simple task to just go back to the footage prior to when the vehicle was first noticed, zoom in and see who placed the vehicle? Someone's machine somewhere was capturing it (if not the servers at the sites where the web cams stream the video), right?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I'm not exactly sure but they didn't say they were ATTACHED to alarm clocks. Only that clocks with wires sticking out of them were present. I could be wrong but I believe they would say something more like--gasoline and propane tanks along with fireworks were present. All hooked up to alarm clocks. Or--the items in the truck appeared to be set up for a timed detonation.

Edit: I was wrong:

nytimes.c om

Consumer-grade fireworks, resembling a model known as M-80s, were taped around the outside of the gasoline cans, according to several people briefed on the contents of the car. Two clocks with batteries, including one that resembled a child’s toy, were connected to the device by small wires.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by nunya13]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by nunya13]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

I could not agree more, however when someone claims that the false flag scenario is the infallible truth without proper research and thus proper evidence, he or she is harming the "truth" movement more than anything. While some of this may pass on ATS as evidence or a solid argument, to those that are scholars and in the position to actually make this information useful to the public/government, it is repulsive and ignorant. I would rather sit in the dark for another 20 years with people compiling and collecting evidence then go through 20 years of this speculative BS. It has gotten us nowhere, and one could argue that since the inception of sites like ATS, the world has sunk further into turmoil and lies.

I'm all about the truth, but I'm not going to be foolish enough to try to argue something without the proper evidence to support it.

I apologize if that last post came off as harsh, but it is one of the more truthful comments in this thread.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
[edit on 2-5-2010 by boredsilly]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is now being called a diversion and a larger explosion is expected soon. WTF is going on?

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by MilzGatez

I could not agree more, however when someone claims that the false flag scenario is the infallible truth without proper research and thus proper evidence, he or she is harming the "truth" movement more than anything. While some of this may pass on ATS as evidence or a solid argument, to those that are scholars and in the position to actually make this information useful to the public/government, it is repulsive and ignorant. I would rather sit in the dark for another 20 years with people compiling and collecting evidence then go through 20 years of this speculative BS. It has gotten us nowhere, and one could argue that since the inception of sites like ATS, the world has sunk further into turmoil and lies.

I'm all about the truth, but I'm not going to be foolish enough to try to argue something without the proper evidence to support it.

I apologize if that last post came off as harsh, but it is one of the more truthful comments in this thread.

I'm on you with that, everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. All these people that speaking about it on the news are also doing the samething as an ATS member and commenting and passing things as facts with no research at all since it just happened...

This BS seems like what happened with 9/11 with everyone on the TV coming out so quickly blaming Bin Laden and Taliban and look how that turn out to be..

And now look at whats happening with this now, a lot of different stories so quickly, Why are they reporting and claiming things when this is a fresh threat?I understand they've been doing that with every other threat that has happened but that to me shows signals of an agenda by their part.

Cant trust no one anymore..

[edit on 2-5-2010 by MilzGatez]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Silly terrorists cant do anything right!

Lets recap the glorious terror strikes since 9/11...

Shoe Bomber...
Brooklyn Bridge Dummy...
Crotch Bomber...
Time Square 6TH Grade BBQ Science Fair Bomber...

They just cant kill us like they used to...

The organization responsible for the meticulously planned attacks of 9/11
cant do any better than this...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Niccawhois]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ClearJustMind

I don't buy it only because the caller gave a specific location as to where the 'real' explosion (that the car bomb was a diversion for) was going to be. Unless, the 9/11 call was a diversion too...

Maybe whomever is responsible just likes seeing everyone run around in a frenzy.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"A 911 caller says last night's failed bomb attempt in Times Square was just a diversion for a massive explosion to come."

The caller ended the communication by yelling Baba Booey repeatedly before hanging up the phone.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez

LOL wtf....

Pay attention the rules of ATS. I don't come here to hear how uncouth people are when they communicate as if they are in a man's public rest room.

Thanks.

It isnt a big deal...

Either that, or you can't recognize a big deal because you are lost in some other fascinating element other then the real world.

I'm from the city too...

I'm right down the road from you...

I am even waving.

like I mentioned in my post on the 7th-8th page, Us New Yorkers dont let something like this get to us,

Riiiiight...

Terror never strikes the hearts of New Yorkers...

Do you even read what you type, or do you just bang out words and press enter without considering what you are saying?

If that bomb took out 30-70 people in the middle of the Square, yes, it would be a big deal, and the begining of a second 9/11.

If you think your life wouldn't change from such a thing...well, I admit to finding you a tad bit disconnected with the real world.

I blame the media, American school systems, and the dumbed-down parents of today.

Only if you lived here and arent into all that fear BS,

Sigh...if only you paid more attention.

I have lived in New York, and have frequented it streets many times in all my years.

you'll feel the same way as him and me feels about this whole thing. If you not from NY, please dont comment on how most of us feels about BS like this.

Look...no matter where you live, you have no idea about anything on this subject if you are telling people this type of attack is "nothing".

And if you are speaking as if New Yorkers are some type of "never-care-tuff-guys", you are wrong. Not only wrong, but- coming off as a totally oblivious.

New York is one of America's hearts...when it is struck, major effects come into play.

The entire country was ruined for over the last attack on New York. I can still hear the screams from the fleeing New Yorkers running for their lives as they tried to find sheltered from the horror of the collapsing towers.

So please...don't tell me what you think about New Yorkers not caring.

And don't even begin to think such an attack would only effect New York.

The last attack on New York ruined my country.

Perhaps such things mean nothing to you...but I assure you it is not because this is a small matter.

It is much more plausible that the reason you you don't find this important or serious, is possibley because you are just like 99% of all Americans-

"unconscious in a fictional world of video games and media, unaware of your surroundings and lost in a fantasy".

In the real world, a bomb going off in a crowded downtown city street would be HUGE NEWS and it would alter America for decades to come.

Smarten up and smell the coffee...how many cups do you need to realize this?

Even if someone gets killed , thats when it'll sure be a big deal, a big deal to find out of the truth and not feed into the bull# that the media and others put out.

Wait...it only is a big deal if people die?

But if a large bomb is stopped or malfunctions, then its "back to ignoring important things" and calling yourself a "tough New Yorker who thinks this is silly"

I see...

Please, stop talking for New Yorkers...you are embarrassing those of us who live/lived there.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
...It is a much safer bet to believe whatever under-educated, random people who go by internet usernames say. ... Thats why you spend all the time in the world on ATS providing "proof" instead of being able to make a change in the world or influence the actual information and decision making process of our governments.

All you morons saying "this is definitely CIA, FBI, ect" need to stfu imo. ... if it wasn't for your unfounded blabbering that displays just how G-D out of your element you are. If you are going to make ludicrous claims, try conducting some serious research and not just regurgitating the same speculative and unfounded sh# you heard third hand through the internet.

The way you present your arguments and "evidence" tends to push intelligent and scholarly individuals away from your "side", because as much as you may not want to believe it, a majority of you come off as ignorant and childish.

Shark VA84 - You've certainly changed your tune since your 4th April 2010 introduction.

So thank you all, regardless of your thoughts, positions and interests; for inspiring others to think deeply, for sparking curiosity and for aiding, in one way or another, the denying of ignorance. No matter how much we may differ, every post, every comment, regardless of content, contributes to the advancement of research and thought. Thank you again my brothers and sisters.

All that brotherly love has worn thin already? ATS Members exhibit a wide range of tolerance and open-mindedness from the wide-open to the pig-headed and no doubt several members are trolls or shills with disinformation objectives. It's up to the moderators to police the site and manage those members who don't follow the rules e.g. using offensive language. We can do our bit by not wasting time with those whose obvious purpose is to waste ours.

Beyond that, we have numerous people who view the world from their own perspectives but will hopefully be enlightened by partaking in these threads. Perhaps you can contact some of those intelligent and scholarly individuals who've abandoned us and persuade them to come back and give us another try. Especially as they'll be hard pressed to find a better forum for information exchange than this.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I lived in Manhattan for 15 or so years including in the West Village during the 9/11 attacks and the blackout. My parents still live in Midtown and I'm back up there on Tuesday. I say this from the point of view of a New Yorker ... this issue would concern me if I was still living there. Heck it concerns me and I live in DC. We're not talking about being paralyzed cowering under my afghan, but concerned enough to be on edge.

But that's just me ... people react differently to such events. Some left the city after 9/11, and some got so desensitized or repressive that seemingly nothing induces fear in them ... at least not conscious fear.

There's no right or wrong way to react to such news imho, no need to argue about what is a valid emotional response ... just the concession that we're all different and to not extrapolate a whole city's emotional state from one's own.

[edit on 2 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Either that, or you can't recognize a big deal because you are lost in some other fascinating element other then the real world.

I'm from the city too...

I'm right down the road from you...

I am even waving.

Yeah since I watch tv all day long and watch reality shows and stay home all the time it has me all lost and confused. I know nothing about the real world, hell, i dont know nothing about my own life...

I'm well in tune in the real world, I hate lies, I hate fantasy stories, I hate the false reality. I LOVE the truth even if the truth is about me and even if it hurts me, as long as its the truth with real proof that could actually back up the claim.. I'm good with that.. So what you said there is just wrong

Riiiiight...

Terror never strikes the hearts of New Yorkers...

Do you even read what you type, or do you just bang out words and press enter without considering what you are saying?

If that bomb took out 30-70 people in the middle of the Square, yes, it would be a big deal, and the begining of a second 9/11.

If you think your life wouldn't change from such a thing...well, I admit to finding you a tad bit disconnected with the real world.

I blame the media, American school systems, and the dumbed-down parents of today.

I have never said terror never strikes the heart of New Yorkers but as I said MOST, not ALL feel threats like this to be real low.

Would it really be the beginning of the 2nd 9/11? I think not, considering people are more aware of things than before and it'll be safe to say, people would start questioning things and everything around it harder than before. Of course something will change in my life or anyone's life, even something so small can change someone's life

We both agree on the media, school systems and parents of today.

Sigh...if only you paid more attention.

I have lived in New York, and have frequented it streets many times in all my years.

Well I was born in NY and moved to other states and back again, so I am fully aware of different environment so the only thing I could do is pay attention esp. when I always go out late at night, taking trains alone at 3AM in all parts of the city and tri-state.

Look...no matter where you live, you have no idea about anything on this subject if you are telling people this type of attack is "nothing".

And if you are speaking as if New Yorkers are some type of "never-care-tuff-guys", you are wrong. Not only wrong, but- coming off as a totally oblivious.

New York is one of America's hearts...when it is struck, major effects come into play.

The entire country was ruined for over the last attack on New York. I can still hear the screams from the fleeing New Yorkers running for their lives as they tried to find sheltered from the horror of the collapsing towers.

So please...don't tell me what you think about New Yorkers not caring.....

I know as much information on this subject as much as you or anyone else does which is not a whole lot.
Even if I said its nothing its my opinion and what you saying about "never-care-tuff-guys" then you are wrong yourself, I dont think that at all

The last attack I remember was a guy riding in time square and blew up that military recruiting station and what happened with that? How did NY and the country reacted with that? It didnt have little to none impact on people's everyday life so forgive me for not taking this one as serious as if it was a 9/11 type of thing which was the first time it happened on NY Soil so of course people freaked out on that.

By the way, I am not speaking for ALL new yorkers ..
now I gotta go outside to this fantasy life and world that I'm in til later, byebyeeeeeeee

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scattykat
This sounds suspiciously similar to the 2007 London car bombs. The MO is pretty much the same, including the use of gas cylinders.

I'm right at yah on this one. And I'm surprised no one else came up with this. This incident is almost a copy of what happend in London at Picadilly Circus although I'm not sure Al-Qaida claimed that one.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but for me, it rules out Taliban/Al-Qaida... I mean, come on... A strong organisation like them won't make the same mistake twice, won't they? A homegrown who thinks he's Taliban... ok... but not Taliban or Al-Qaida itself. An organisation that carries out successful carbombings in Irak and Afghanistan every day won't blow something like this... IMO it just can't be one of them.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

I'm not trying to pick a side in this, but objectively, can you blame him?

I joined ATS almost a year ago after lurking for at least a couple more. At that time, and 9/11 threads aside, if something untoward happened in the world, theories were given as to the cause, with the FF card being thrown into the mix only if there were immediate questions about possible involvment by the governments of whatever country said events happened in.

Now every time something bad happens anywhere in the world, it's a 100% grade-A false flag attack that somehow always winds up being the fault of the U.S. government, and anyone that disagrees isn't "denying ignorance." No offense, but that gets tiresome real quick...

Polish President's plane goes down - what did the U.S. or its bankers stand to gain? Oil rig goes down in the Gulf of Mexico? Manufactured as an excuse to politicize action against environmentalists since surely that's who the government plans to blame. Massive earthquake in (insert random country here)? HAARP!!!! HAARP!!!! HAARP!!!! Federal inaction on immigration reform? To force AZ into creating unconstitutional legislation so that Obama can create a national I.D. and RFID everyone, stupid!

Just a few examples, and though not all posts in these threads are reflective of such, you don't have to look hard to find them...

Sorry, but I kinda agree with him to a degree...

Anyway, just glad at this point that nothing went kabooms and no one got hurt. NY's been through enough in the last decade.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Everyone be ready for war!...I know I am and I swear to fight for my country to the death

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
NYPD claiming to have video of possible suspect:

Yahoo News

Police investigating a failed car bomb left in Times Square have videotape of a possible suspect shedding clothing in an alley and putting it in a bag and found a substance that resembled fertilizer in the parked SUV, Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Sunday.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
One of The Clocks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2000dd95415c.jpg[/atsimg]

Associated Press
An image released by the NYPD shows one of the alarm clocks found in the Nissan Pathfinder used in the attempted attack on Times Square.

[edit on 5/2/10 by makeitso]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They are looking for "white male in his 40s" ... get ready for them to pin this on the Tea Party movement. Im almost 100% positive that by tomorrow morning all the pundits will be in full attack mode against the Tea Partiers.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join