It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs in photagraphs completely debunked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here ya go a new camera and it is used to debunk orbs in paranormal investigations as only dust. I know most already believe it but this proves it beyond a doubt. blogs.forteana.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

i am sorry but I dont think one guy named steve with a 3d camera has completey debunked the entire orb phenomenon. that being said yea some are just dust,bugs,ect but I have seen some on video and stills that this explanation just wont fly! just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

The sad thing is that orbs even need debunking.

I have never once seen a compelling orb photograph. Between dust, bugs, the flash reflecting off all sorts of stuff and of course a healthy dose of hoaxes basically any orb photo can be explained away.

Which is good because the very idea of globules of free floating electromagnetic energy doesn't make much sense. What's worse is that some go far enough as to say they can see faces... but then again if you see faces in dust orbs maybe we really do end up dust in the wind

Think about it, why would our consciousness become orb shaped? And why would apparitions be so common if some spirits become orbs?

It's like the Rods phenomenon, its been explained a hundred times and yet people still cling to their ignorance hissing every time the light of truth comes their way.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

couldnt have put it better myself.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Firstly I am not religious and I am generally skeptical about most conspiracy ideas but I feel I have something to add to this thread.

I do believe a lot of orb photos can be rationally explained as dust or lense flare etc, but I also think there is more to the orb theory, after an experience I had only a few months ago.

In short, we had gone to visit my girlfriend's sister and her husband who are dedicated Christians, and as usual we had a great conversation for and against religion and the Bible, and then went to bed in their guest room. When we turned the lights out I saw literally hundreds of what I can only describe as white orbs. I didn't believe my own eyes so I asked my other half if she could see them too because I thought I was seeing things or my eyes were playing tricks on me and I was a bit horrified to hear her say that she could see them as well! I lay awake just watching them for about an hour before I fell asleep. This was in winter in the UK so these were no insects but they appeared to move around like a swarm of flies. I don't know what I saw, but my girlfriend saw them too, so I know we saw something but I don't have a rational explanation for what they were. I'm open to sensible suggestions but until a good theory on what I saw is put forward I can't strike orbs off as a hoax or misconception.

I don't expect your unquestioning belief in this account because sadly I have no photo or video evidence to back it up, I'm not too fussed about people thinking what they like but it would be nice to find a logical explanation that we may not have thought of before I can lay this to rest.

One more thought that might be worth adding is that the room was very dark with thick curtains and the white things seemed to shine white because they were a very weak light source or they were reflecting a light source. Most logically this would be the moonlight on dust but as I said, thick curtains, very dark room and I don't remember any gaps allowing light in. The memory is still quite fresh as it wasn't that long ago and was a pretty bizarre experience so feel free to ask if any more info would help come up with a sane answer.

[edit on 28/4/2010 by Doyle]

join