It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the mysterious signal observed a wormhole ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Scientists seem to agree this new find is sending out a signal faster then the speed of light. Could it be that some how because a wormhole in theory bends time that it signature would appear to be faster then light itself.?
I know this is a strecth at best and i am not a scientist just an am. atsronomer.
Does this idea hold any weight?

Be Well

[edit on 28-4-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I know they are calling it a micro-quasar, and some people are argueing that the faster then light spped is some sort of appearant speed, not actual, although I personally don't know the difference.

One thig we do know if it is traveling extremely fast, and it is unlike anything we have seen before, so certianly your idea is just as valid as the next!

-E-

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yah last I heard observing something traveling faster than the speed of light as amazing as it sounds is actually not that uncommon. Read up on relativity I suppose, warping space mixed with objects traveling at specific angles while being observed from earth give apparent speeds that are faster than that of light. Im no physicist so I can only repeat what I heard. Either way it would be awesome if this ended up being something we never even imagined.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If this is true- then why do objects here on earth (let's take a jet) look like they are going slowly at a distance, but are actually going subsonic/ supersonic speeds? Now take the same jet, and bring it closer- the closer it is, the faster (and closer to the actual speed) it will appear to go.

Is there some sort of cosmic/ visual tipping point where all this becomes reversed? Or is it we're being bombarded with more science mumbo jumbo and the thing's actually doing warp speeds? Or is the thing actually *far* closer than they either want to admit or are sure of?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
if a worm hole produces mass amounts of radiation as suspected then it is entirely possible that they have found a new anomoly. bendining time itself would allow for a definate release of energy. and would explain how it seems to travel faster then light.

Be Well

join