It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Food Inflation Spiraling Out of Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

U.S. Food Inflation Spiraling Out of Control

beforeitsnews.com

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) today released their Producer Price Index (PPI) report for March 2010 and the latest numbers are shocking. Food prices for the month rose by 2.4%, its sixth consecutive monthly increase and the largest jump in over 26 years. NIA believes that a major breakout in food inflation could be imminent.

Some of the startling food price increases on a year-over-year basis include, fresh and dry vegetables up 56.1%, fresh fruits and melons up 28.8%, eggs for fresh use up 33.6%, pork up 19.1%, beef and veal up 10.7% and dairy products up 9.7%.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
More signs that our economy is doing just fine because the DOW is above 11,000... pffft. so lets see... Gas is going up, food prices goin up.. what else is goin up? yet our wages are stagnant. If your rich of course times are good because your not even noticing this crap. But if you live paycheck to paycheck.. like me and my family.. times are a changing. things are getting rough..

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Man this is not good all that needs to happen is for gas to go up and pow!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is what happens when you print money like it's going out of style and then tax the crap out of industry. What happens to the farmer when his prices of production go up (inflation) and then he is hit with higher commercial taxes? Higher food prices to offset the cost of producing the food. From there it goes through a distributer ($), then a regional supplier ($), then shipping ($), then stocking at the grocery store ($), then you buy it. So all in al, before you actually consume it, likely the food has changed hands four times AFTER it has already been taxed, and is taxed again each time it passes from one stage to another. I wish I were given the time to stand up in front of America and go down the list of everything we are taxed on and for. EVRYONE in the country would be appalled and furious, whether you are rich or poor.

Paying taxes is an obligation we all have to our country and our communities, but our tax system has been changed to redirect money from the rich to the poor via tax returns. Problem is that doesn't even work anymore. I wish I could quote the thread but I forgot it, but a man said he made about $500,000 last year with his business, and after taxes recieved $22,000 back from the Fed after tax write offs. his employee and friend made $80,000, and had to pay close to $16,000 in taxes. He said he was so blown away by it and angry that he went and donated the $22,000 to his local big brothers and big sisters program. The system is broken.

As long as we have a broken monetary system based on outdated regression models and forcasting tools, combined with a completely backwards tax system, and you have a powder keg waiting to explode. 50 years of legislation has made our financial system volatile and the more we regulate, the more volatile it gets.

i could never understand why people believe everyone should have an equal share of everything. At the basic human level we as a species are not capable of true equality on a financial level, only on God given rights and the ability to change your own fate.

In my opinion, the ONLY way we can lower the money supply without crippling our economy is to offer business incentives to those holding savings to invest in a new business and grow the commercial market on a local level. We need to open more mom and pop stores, more delis and eateries, more private industry. Government has a history of screwing things up, while the private industry has a history of fixing it.

STOP SHOPPING AT WALMART!!!!! Shop Target instead, the deals are just as good and you will be buying American.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Mikemp44]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's very important to know where inflation shows it's face.

alot of people say "what inflation, i'm paying the same price"

Inflation has somehow been contained in mostly healthcare.
So whenever people say "what inflation"
give examples of past healthcare costs and current costs.

So just imagine... an incredibly inflated healthcare industry coupled with Obama's healthcare reform.
What did that amazing speechgiver from the John Birch Society say?
Govt. always wants the most expensive path possible???

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Before Americans start whining about food prices in the USA; perhaps they would like to come to Australia and check out our food prices that have doubled and tripled in just afew short years. While you're at it, try surviving on huge rent rises and electricity in our metro cities not to mention our higher interest rates.....oh how Americans still have it so good right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Try living in the UK.

Wages are the same or lower now than in 1995, so no increase there.

Gas (Petrol) is running at over $10 gallon here.

The cheapest 2 bedroom house you can buy anywhere is over $200,000 now compared to $80,000 back in 1995 (same wages now as then).

When you earn over, I think $90,000 per year, we have to pay 50% out in taxes to the stupid government.

You guys have it easy in the US compared to the UK.

I would be on the next plane if I had a job to go to!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes the final "controls" are in place...our dependence on oil for heat and transportation have been set for quite some time. Slowly, very slowly they introduced bottled water...over time we have been "conditioned/trained" to pay higher and higher retail water prices becoming more and more used to it over time, while the young simply accept paying for water as they always have(at high retail rates vs. nominal quaterly charges in the old days). Now, vegetables,fruits and meats have been slowly, quietly almost as if under the shroud of night (if not just plain ignorance ) engineered genetically and enmeshed legally to the point that everything consumed in daily life by your average human is produced and distributed by a choice few sources.

Wake up people! seriously this isnt just monetary coruption, there is a fascist agenda of control and manipulation being excercised on all of us. So long as they can keep us divided on issues of race and immigration, politics etc... they keep on moving to control us by the shortest and most painful hairs possible...food and shelter.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The U.S has it "easy" compared to various countries for many reasons. Education, work time, quality, etc.

All about supply, demand, and history (how strong is a nation politically).

Wages are always behind prices because producers get to set the bar. This is why the average consumer never elevates to higher levels. You become a producer of some sort, or a person that just doesn't live off a basic wage with no raise or concrete salary, and you will not notice these effects as much.

In order for some to gain some have to hurt, even if it is a little.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm sure it wont curb ethanol production either. If anything we will now ramp up production and increase subsidies to that failing business model and put more of our food in our gas tanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Before Americans start whining about food prices in the USA; perhaps they would like to come to Australia and check out our food prices that have doubled and tripled in just afew short years. While you're at it, try surviving on huge rent rises and electricity in our metro cities not to mention our higher interest rates.....oh how Americans still have it so good right now.

If we don't whine, nothing changes. Why should we sit around and do nothing....just so we can say we have it as "bad" as people in Australia and the UK?? And then what, collectively whine?

That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Our complaints don't mean that we don't think things are bad elsewhere. We know they are -- which is why we are trying to fix the situation here, so that we don't end-up paying even higher and more ridiculous prices.

The United States, at least to me, is not about staying above the lowest measure. But rather, rising above and leading by example. Our government has not always done this, however I believe that the People at least try to, most of the time. I believe that any person that resides in any country should fight for it to be the best. I am not referring to wealth or military power, but rather restoring basic pride in calling oneself a citizen.

We are often considered spoiled and whiny, but ironically, the "demands" we are making -- such as smaller government, lower taxes, lower energy costs, etc. -- are the same things that others from other countries complain about and want to change as well.

Are we spoiled because we don't want to pay 50% in taxes like a poster from the UK said he/she has to? No.

Rather, don't you wish someone had stepped up and fought the good fight before it ever reached that level in the first place?

It is much easier to fight something before it happens than try and undo it later.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Petrol in Australia is roughly $1.25 per litre, the average price for a 2 bdm apartment in Sydney alone right up until 40km out is $450k, the average 3 bdm starts roughly around $650k (30km out from city). Rentals start around $450-$650 for a 2 bdm apartment per week. Commercial rentals are gigantic and down right over the top. Wages have'nt changed for approx 2 years and the usual wage increase is 5% however the average wage is $15-$18 gross per hour. Lowest tax bracket starts from 24% (NZ around 20%).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You know just yesterday I went to the store and while there I bought a lottery ticket, (powerball) the lady asked, Dave what are you going to do with all that money if you win?" "Jokingly I said, "If I win it's no more store brand sale items for me! well talking Del Monte and green giant, T-bones!" sure we both laughed but there was a lot of truth in that joke...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Rather, don't you wish someone had stepped up and fought the good fight before it ever reached that level in the first place?

It is much easier to fight something before it happens than try and undo it later.

I appreciate the sentiment lpowell...but aren't we a little late to the fight ?

Price inflation is baked-in.

We've been zirping for "an extended period of time", and the Fed has already unleashed a monstrous ball of liquidity on the globe. A few trillion in the form of taxpayer funded bank bailouts, the monetization of $300 BB in long term treasury purchases, a $1.3 trillion MBS program...and that's just what can be confirmed.

Bernanke Admits Printing $1.3 Trillion Out Of Thin Air

Tax by inflation, and a sovereign debt obligation to be borne by my children, and my children' children.

No, we Americans are hardly superior to our European brethren in this regard.

Banks are rolling that "free" capital into stocks & commodities, putting upward pressure on prices. The four largest commercial specs currently hold a $4 trillion position in commodities futures and commodity related stocks...gambling for profits . The taxpayer is not only underwriting this speculation, but we get the added bonus of paying higher prices for our generosity.

Producers are slaves to pricing structures in the futures exchange, and higher producer costs will be passed on to the consumer.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by OBE1]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
All this Drama goes back to the energy sources. "Inflation is taxation without legislation." - A wiseman

Of course there are energy technologies that out-due oil by far. Oil has a trickle effect getting into every industry.

Solving the energy crisis would thus solve food, transportation, and the list goes on.

Though solving the crisis would then leave a surplus of wealth amongst common folk and the NWO/Illuminati/Free Mason Agenda isn't about to do that.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
Now, vegetables,fruits and meats have been slowly, quietly almost as if under the shroud of night (if not just plain ignorance ) engineered genetically and enmeshed legally to the point that everything consumed in daily life by your average human is produced and distributed by a choice few sources.

Yes, indeed.

There's little doubt in my mind that our food supply is our biggest weakness. As a nation, we're addicted to all the junk additives in processed foods to the point where our national health is at a crisis point.

Simple, basic ingredients should be cheaper than processed foods, not more expensive, but too many industries make money contributing to this constant churning out of junk food.

(I could talk forever about good foods and their benefits.)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
well, as the saying goes, prices always go up! never down

maybe its true, what peter shciff and ron paul have been warning us about, for the past 2 years. infaltion.
Being in retail, ive seen prices go up on things, not everything though, more on foods and snacksif anything. milk too. Back in February, at the gas pump, diesel fuel was arond $2.99 a gallon. as of now, its $3.29 to $3.31 a gallon, and the summer is jsut beginning. every summer the prices goug up mad crazy as we all know! Especially..on gasolione. february, 87 octane average hee, was around $2.79 a gallon. now its at around $3.19 a gallon! forget about 93 octane..it has climbed that much, in 2 months here in southwest CT.
i fear, come june, another good $1.40 and up increase at least per gallon.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I mean, is it the oil companys taking advantage of us becasue summer is that busy a season? if so thats called ripping off* price gouging, call it what you want. whenever january rollls around it creeps back in price.
youde think it would be more expensive in winter, as not as many are out driving around, as opposed to summer, where youde think it would decrease in spending. many more people are out driving around, decrease in price= more product movement*

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Anybody really check the sources here, link is to a Blog-spot blog, source from Blog-spot is ______beforeitsnews/story/36974/U.S._Food_Inflation_Spiraling_Out_of_Control.html
And then the source of this information was Inflation.us which is a company. I cannot accept this as credible source nor would anybody in academics or MSM. Here is some who is look up info as well
Domain Name: INFLATION.US
Domain ID: D2214889-US
Sponsoring Registrar: REGISTER.COM
Registrar URL (registration services): www.register.com
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registrant ID: DB7877501ECDF445
Registrant Name: Gerard Adams
Registrant Organization: National Inflation Association
Registrant Address1: 96 Linwood Plaza #172
Registrant City: Fort Lee
Registrant State/Province: NJ
Registrant Postal Code: 07024
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Phone Number: +1.8889964287
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registrant Application Purpose: P1
Registrant Nexus Category: C21
Administrative Contact ID: DB7877501ECDF445
Administrative Contact Name: Gerard Adams
Administrative Contact Organization: National Inflation Association
Administrative Contact Address1: 96 Linwood Plaza #172
Administrative Contact City: Fort Lee
Administrative Contact State/Province: NJ
Administrative Contact Postal Code: 07024
Administrative Contact Country: United States
Administrative Contact Country Code: US
Administrative Contact Phone Number: +1.8889964287
Administrative Contact Email: [email protected]
Administrative Application Purpose: P1
Administrative Nexus Category: C21
Billing Contact ID: DB7877501ECDF445
Billing Contact Name: Gerard Adams
Billing Contact Organization: National Inflation Association
Billing Contact Address1: 96 Linwood Plaza #172
Billing Contact City: Fort Lee
Billing Contact State/Province: NJ
Billing Contact Postal Code: 07024
Billing Contact Country: United States
Billing Contact Country Code: US
Billing Contact Phone Number: +1.8889964287
Billing Contact Email: [email protected]
Billing Application Purpose: P1
Billing Nexus Category: C21
Technical Contact ID: DB7877501ECDF445
Technical Contact Name: Gerard Adams
Technical Contact Organization: National Inflation Association
Technical Contact Address1: 96 Linwood Plaza #172
Technical Contact City: Fort Lee
Technical Contact State/Province: NJ
Technical Contact Postal Code: 07024
Technical Contact Country: United States
Technical Contact Country Code: US
Technical Contact Phone Number: +1.8889964287
Technical Contact Email: [email protected]
Technical Application Purpose: P1
Technical Nexus Category: C21
Name Server: NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Created by Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Last Updated by Registrar: REGISTER.COM
Last Transferred Date: Thu Dec 11 23:08:37 GMT 2008
Domain Registration Date: Tue Apr 30 09:33:32 GMT 2002
Domain Expiration Date: Tue Apr 29 23:59:59 GMT 2014
Domain Last Updated Date: Wed Dec 09 13:50:50 GMT 2009

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I did some more searching and found some interesting little bits. Specifically about the Administrative Contact Name: Gerard Adams.
www.ripoffreport.com...
To show the other side he has written a book
books.google.com... =en&ei=yXPbS7O6NoXsswPt9u3UBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CAwQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false Not going to take the time to check the sources in a book though.
I do believe that inflation is a serious problem, however in the type of economy we have set up it will be a constant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join