It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence suggests there was no ash cloud over Europe!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

New Evidence suggests there was no ash cloud over Europe!

www.dailymail.co.uk

Britain's airspace was closed under false pretences, with satellite images revealing there was no doomsday volcanic ash cloud over the entire country.

Skies fell quiet for six days, leaving as many as 500,000 Britons stranded overseas and costing airlines hundreds of millions of pounds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
*SNIP

Your Comments
(Max 2500 characters of your own material)

(Your unique and original comments on the article you're submitting -- about 50 words or more.)

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm skeptical about this entire facade, Although why the European fatcats would want to close down the airspace for what appears to be no reason is puzzling to say the least.

Anyone heard anything to do with this in regards to military projects?

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's governemt policy to frighten and confuse people at every oppertunity.If it's not terrorism it's swine flu or bird flu or ash clouds or global warming. They want to keep you in a state of panick so you are confused and do not question them as they introduce more and more laws that take away your freedoms.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Stock bids on companies to fail. That is my guess...

Second line.

[edit on 4/26/2010 by TheBloodRed]

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
well I live in the UK and there was definately fine ash on my car over the past week.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The lawyers are already lining up .The airlines want some compensation but who's call was it to shut them down?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
who should be believed, the flight controllers, who's only possible gain from shutting the airspace would be a lack of plane crashes, or the airlines, many of whom would fly you into a mountainside if they thought they'd turn a profit?

The satellite images will be used by airlines in their battle to win tens of millions of pounds in compensation from governments for their losses.
orig story

from "governments", meaning "our tax money".

it seems that private companies no longer absorb losses, they just find a way to stick the tax payer with the bill.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Interesting.
I didi wonder what all the fuss was about when for the majority of the time planes were grounded we had clear blue skies overhead.
maybe the ash cloud was thin, i dont know but i would have thought it would be more obvious than it was.
however, i do find it unlikely that considering the costs & hassles to all parties that it wasnt the reason but who knows?

Any other theories on why they would do this?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thats very strange because I saw a programme on tv which had a camera crew go with scientists in a plane to take readings of the level of volcanic ash and their readings showed that the levels were too high to safely fly so this doesn't make any sense at all. It would however make an interesting conspiracy because the government are constantly trying to keep people in fear of something. Also if this was staged then I think it is to do more with the economy than anything else, like betting on airline companies failing maybe? But tbh this article doesn't make any sense but it is The Mail afterall

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
No ash eh?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/823442a4d942.jpg[/atsimg]

Finnish air force warns of volcanic dust damage in fighter jets

Swiss lasers map volcanic ash cloud from Iceland

F-16 fighters damaged by volcanic ash

RAF Typhoon training halted as ash found in engines

US military fears volcano could harm jets

And whose fault exactly was it that the safe limit for ash concentrations was set at zero? The military? The Met Office?

Why airlines resisted setting safe dust levels for flights

Don't let the mega-rich airlines con you into thinking they were not culpable in all this!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sound_sensi

I didi wonder what all the fuss was about when for the majority of the time planes were grounded we had clear blue skies overhead.
maybe the ash cloud was thin, i dont know but i would have thought it would be more obvious than it was.

Even when ash falls were being reported, the concentrations were not nearly enough to be easily visible overhead. However there was a noticeable haze on the horizon and ash was also just visible at sunset - though in the photo that I took (above) it was only noticeable after photo enhancement. I have seen other photos in which it was more obvious.

I did not observe any fall of ash myself.

CX

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well there must be some very heavy smokers in the RAF then...

The RAF's Typhoon Eurofighters took to the skies again today after tests showed volcanic ash found in engines caused no damage.

The RAF's discovery of ash in engines during post-flight inspections on Wednesday led to checks of the entire fleet at RAF Coningsby yesterday.

Source: RAF jets return to skies after ash alert

What about all the weather satellite pics we were seeing on tv?

Someones lying, it would just be nice to know who and why.

CX.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Based on that reasoning, gravity, or even air doesn't exist either. Go on, prove it, show me it on a satellite image!

Sure, there was no dirty smudge of an ash cloud visible on satellite images of the UK, but that doesn't mean the fine particles were not there in potentially harmful quantities.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I thought that the Ash was to fine to be picked up by satellites.
The only way they knew was by lazers from the ground, which were also struggling to pick up the particles.
You wouldnt see it from the ground either. can you see a grain of sand from 100 meters?
Then the test flights that were launched, that showed a build up of small fragments in the engines.
Also cars in the North of the UK had a layer of dirt on them in the mornings. I suppose you could say that some of this is just drivers error in actually noticing that their cars were dirty from everyday use.
Although, with the later test flights (such as Willy Walsh's flight) they didnt pick up anything at that time.

I think there still is plenty of airbourn ash, its just being forgotten about due to the financhial pressure on the industry.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

There are other reasons for shutting down flights. But then you have to be really connecting dots on a lot of conspiracies. My belief is that the Norway Spiral was done by HAARP and was a prearranged warning.

Then many resignations occurred early this year by ceo's and also in the US heads of police as well.

Next flights were shut down, I bet the elite still flew. And the airspace was preserved for their purposes.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Typical Daily Mail nonsense..

The Ash cloud, for what it was, would not have been visible to the naked eye. But given the huge quantity of air sucked into a jet engine, even a low density cloud could pose a risk.

Just look at the RAF jets grounded with engine damage for proof there was an ash cloud. Norwegian F-16's also were reported to have had engine damage.

Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it isn't there.

EDIT: Having said that, I still believe the flight ban was an over reaction, but better safe than sorry especially when the science isn't that well understood. You'd all be screaming for blood if they allowed flights to continue and people died as their planes plummetted into the ground.

[edit on 26/4/10 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't know what everyone else knows about what ash actually does to a plane, but seriously - it was worth it. I'm sorry, if they hadn't cancelled flights and planes DID end up crashing, there would be so many people calling foul.

This once: they did act cautiously! When a plane flies through volcanic ash (and effing GLASS particles!) it turns the plane a bright electric white colour (B/c of the grains of glass and ash peeling and grinding against the metal). it clogs engines, and planes (like 747s) have crashed and killed everyone inside.
Sorry to be playing devil's advocate on this one guys, but when that happened I would not have boarded a plane if you offered 100s of millions of dollars. My life is worth more to me, and I would not be willing to gamble that away.

Ash is not always visible like a storm cloud, it defuses. You may not see, but it can still clog engines - and crash planes. Be happy that 500,000 people are alive, rather than dead.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Do not know about europe mainland, but here in london, there was sh1t up my nose, and in my mouth i could taste it.

So there was something here in london.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
No one died as a result of the ban on air travel that we know of at least. So however much it cost, if just one life was saved then it was all worth it!!

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join