It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Double Agent Claims Iran Behind Lockerbie Bombing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Iranian Double Agent Claims Iran Behind Lockerbie Bombing

deadlinescotland.wordpress.com

AN IRANIAN secret agent has come forward to claim that his country was “100 per cent” behind the Lockerbie bombing.

Reza Khalili, who worked as a double agent for the CIA in the 1980s and 1990s, claims that tragic Pan Am flight 103 was deliberately targeted by the Iranian government.

His claims back up the belief that the bombing was carried out in retaliation for the accidental shooting down of an Iranian airliner by American forces in 1988.

Khalili said that he met a met who he believed...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So it wasnt Libya after all?

Here we see how effective is to arrange terrorist attack and then let investigation broke to pieces. Its so easy to blame country after another, just depending who is most favor enemy at the moment...

All swords are turning to Iran - personally I dont believe that Lockerbie was any muslim operation at all, but done by MI5/CIA/Mossad to give this political weapon of blame to use in many years to come.

Its a dirty world where we are live in.

deadlinescotland.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

All swords are turning to Iran - personally I dont believe that Lockerbie was any muslim operation at all, but done by MI5/CIA/Mossad to give this political weapon of blame to use in many years to come.

Its a dirty world where we are live in.

I totally agree, how fitting to spin the blame on Iran to gain political backing. Whats with all the war mongering going on, and why is it always the same nationas in the thick of it. Trouble makers.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Ok, it might be wrong to laugh at this story but really, Lockerbie?

I think they should just come right out and say the Iranians are responsible for global warming, mass famines, unemployment and genital warts.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hasn't Libya actually admitted since then that they were behind the attacks? I could have sworn that was the case.

Iranian double agent my foot. I wonder if this is the same type of double agent that helped us get evidence about Saddam's "chemical weapons program."

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I found this quote from Khalili on a blog from 2008:

The men who ordered the destruction of the Pan Am flight over Lockerbie and the bombings of the Marine Corps barracks in Lebanon, the Jewish community center in Buenos Aires, and the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia are pursuing the nuclear program in Iran and with one goal in mind: to obtain The Bomb.

And they want to destroy you.

After the Iranian Revolution, I was an officer in the Revolutionary Guards. I was also a spy working for the CIA, code name Wally. My position in the Guards gave me access to the Khomeini regime’s deep secrets and a firsthand look at the unfolding horror: torture, rapes, executions, assassinations, suicide bombers, training of terrorists, and the transfer of arms and explosives to other countries to support terrorist attacks. I risked my life and my family’s trying to expose this regime because I believed it should be stopped. Once again I incur such risks to bring awareness that lack of action endangers the world...

...Tehran knows full well it is in a race, and if it is able to perfect the technology, the West will have no choice but to live with a nuclear Iran. It also believes that after the current President Bush, the next U.S. administration (if led by a Democrat) will most likely reduce forces and slowly move out, leaving it for the Iraqis to sort things out, which ultimately will result in Iran’s domination of the region, with catastrophic consequences for the Free World. This has already happened with Hezbollah. Iran armed and trained Hezbollah into a political force in Lebanon which controls events on the ground, limiting the power of the Lebanese government and even confronting Israel as we saw in the 2006 Lebanon war.

PJ's Media Interviews "Reza Khalili", A Former Iranian CIA Agent

The sabre rattling never ends.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A thread of mine that was largely ignored by ATS at the time that covers governments paying off witnesses:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My money is on heavy CIA involvement.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The genital warts I can believe....lol But the bombing? No way. Like everyone is saying it's just another bout of BS spreading to try and justify their attack on Iran. If anything happens within the US or UK soon u can bet the blame will be on Iran. You know what our paedophile loving government in the UK and the war mongering US will be doing. Creating more false flag attacks just like 9/11 and 7/7 and blaming them on Iran.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This ain't new...

Here's an article from 2000 : ... yes 10 years ago...

Lockerbie: Conspiracy theories

The allegations that Iran, not Libya, was behind the Lockerbie bombing in December 1988 are not new.

But the assertion by a former Iranian intelligence official, Ahmad Behbahani, that he was responsible for all "terrorist" operations carried out by the Iranian Government beyond its borders - including the Lockerbie bombing - may have an impact on the current trial in the Netherlands of the two Libyan suspects in the case.

The prosecution alleges that a bomb was planted on Pan Am Flight 103 by the two, Abdelbaset Ali Mohamed Al-Megrahi and Al-Amin Khalifa Fhimah, alleged to have been members of the Libyan intelligence services.

The two accused, for their part, have consistently said they are innocent and pointed at Syrian-backed Palestinian extremists.

At the time of the bombing, however, it was Iran that was immediately the leading suspect.

Iran's alleged motive for carrying out the attack was assumed to be a desire for revenge for the shooting down of an Iranian civilian flight by the US warship, the Vincennes, killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard, on 3 July 1988.

Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini vowed at the time that the skies would "rain blood" in revenge.

Now, though, there are suggestions that Mr Behbahani might himself be motivated by a desire for revenge against the current Iranian government.

Also interesting ...

The US and Israel

There is one more theory, more convoluted and startling than these, that brings Israel, the CIA and US Military intelligence, or the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), into the frame.

An internal investigation by Pan Am is believed to have found that the bomb planted on Flight 103 was put on the plane during a stop-over in Frankfurt, and not in Malta by the Libyan suspects, as alleged by the prosecution in the trial.

The Pan Am report is believed to have concluded that the bomb was not aimed at the killing of Americans in general, but was targeted specifically to kill a small band of DIA operatives that had uncovered a drugs ring run by a "rogue" CIA unit in Lebanon.

The CIA unit is alleged to have been selling drugs to raise funds to buy the freedom of six US hostages held by Hezbollah in Lebanon at the time.

The drugs-ring and the connection to Hezbollah is said to have been set up by Israeli Mossad agents.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't think the U.S shot down an Iranian airliner as a "test" or whatnot......

I saw a few documentaries about it.. anyone got any "conspiracy" ones, regarding the incident?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I totally agree, how fitting to spin the blame on Iran to gain political backing. Whats with all the war mongering going on

Rumours have been around for years that Iran were taking revenge for the US shooting down one of their planes.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I think they should just come right out and say the Iranians are responsible for global warming,

No, that's the US who's primarily responsible for global warming warts.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If the Muppets of the Governments in the UK and US want us to think that Iran is to blame for stuff like this, they are going the wrong way about it.

The news article was on a website I've never heard of before and I'm online all the time reading stuff like this.

It would need to be on Sky News or the BBC News to get the masses to think Iranians are nutters.

For those select few of us that are "in the know" about Iran, then yes, we can see it.

But I certainly think if the UK / US / Israel want to bop Iran, we are going to need a much bigger excuse (false flag anyone)?

So yes, another 9/11 or 7/7 will unfortunately be required.

Then you will have us "in the know" people who realise what's going on, the people who just don't agree with war whatever happens and those few left who really haven't a clue what's going on.

2010 is not going to be a good year with the pressure cooker around the World needing to let off some steam VERY soon!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How convenient they have their own pretend stooge, and now anything he says, should be taken as proof, though he's probably a black op M'Kultra subject.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Four years later, and two years after Abdelbaset al-Megrahi's death..

Abolghassem Mesbahi's claims appear to have been confirmed. Being that the bombing was ordered by Ayatollah Khomeini “to copy exactly what happened to the Iranian airbus”, and that it was planted in London by Iran.

I hope and suspect we may see an apology from the Scottish government towards Tripoli and al-Megrahi's family, eventually. I really hope so, there is zero chance they'll get one from Downing Street.

Independant

BBC Scotland

Daily Record

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I'm bookmarking this, thanks for the links and heads up

Well done.

edit on 11-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I can just see it being swept under the carpet, it's one of those. No worries.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Possible ?

Yes:

From the same year 1988 during the Iran-Iraq war.

Earlier in 1988 Operation Praying Mantis where Samuel B Roberts was struck with a mine in April earlier that year.

Perhaps Iran didn't take too kindly to that, and bombed Pan Am 103. Some months later.

History recorded the US striking Libya for that, but what most people fail to realize that 'alliances' are every where in this world.

Could have been an Iranian/Libyan operation.

When it comes to the middle east and northern Africa.

That infamous 6 degrees of separation doesn't ring any more true.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
wow now thats cheep - a twofer!
use the same false flag twice
wow...
like iraq AND afghanistan

first they let the so called bomber go so the avoid they appeal that would have exposed the cia frame up
then
they use it to demonify lybia...steal all libyas gold to pay venezuala when hugo asked for his gold back...
now germany wants her gold so...
now we hear a story about ukraine's gold flyng to the us...( not verified yet )

robbing peter to paypall
after the israeli frameup on the missles so called, from iran, so called...
they knew lockerbie was frame up then, but now its an iranian double agent...???
oh yeah no poison gas in syria it was alCISduh...

is this double agent named CURVEBALL?

iran has wnds..next it will be incubater babies on the floor....again

edit on Tuepm3b20143America/Chicago07 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds it uncanny that this information comes out just after the Malaysian Air Liner goes missing? The timing is just ridiculous.

Iran responsible for Lockerbie bombing, claims ex-spy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join