It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

My parental grandfather is Mexican. So, I'm 25% Mexican and of course Mexico in a lot places not seen by tourist is going down the drain. You can read online how many people don't agree with the Mexican government's job of running the country. And now the drug war is going on and you can suspect more refuges from Mexico.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Should have had the National Guard there to round them up, put em on trucks and bring them back to where ever they came from. Kinda disturbing that our country allows massive protests by people here illegally? How is that sane?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

That it has.

Now to bring this back on topic before we get too far off. This immigration problem is part of the problem. We can't keep lowering the bar.

I have a feeling lots of people feel the way the one posters wife feels. It is unfair to legal immigrants to this country that have given their time and money to become a legal citizen just for illegals to try and force their way of life on Americans.

That is basically what this all boils down too.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Brutha, I have been choosing my words in these threads quite carefully. We don't KNOW that all those protesting were illegals. Some probably were, no doubt. But while I can empathize with your sentiment, that wouldn't be realistically FAIR. Allow this law time to work, and the wheat shall soon be sorted from the chaff.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

Yes. If we continue to let this get out of control then who knows what will be left of our country and everything else with it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I know, I've visited many of them. We went to visit her family in 2007 and ended up staying there almost two years before moving back to my stompin' grounds here in south Georgia.

We lived in Hermosillo, Sonora.. the state to the south of Arizona. The state, for the most part was a lot safer than the states to the North, South, East and West.. Sonora is like Texas in a way.. people there don't put up with a lot of BS. They look out for each other and stand their ground.

I visited a lot of areas while living there, and there were some places that I wanted to visit but her father advised us not to risk it.

All in all, I loved most of the people there, but like everywhere.. they have their bad apples.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

True, true.

I use to think the world has gotten crazier, but then I realized it has always been this crazy, we just here more about the crazy things people do.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Mexico is a very wealthy country.. there is no reason at all that Mexico cannot be like the US and Canada, or hell, even better..

If we ended illegal immigration the drug flow would be critically wounded.. there would be no drug wars in Mexico, as it would not be a profitable business.

reply to post by TrueAmerican

I know.. knee jerk reaction.. but seeing anyone throwing bottles and rocks at police and, for gods sake, security guards (the guys and ladies in yellow) is disgusting. It's one thing to protest and wave their mexican flags and demand amnesty, quite another to attack innocent people. And I'd bet many of them are not illegals, but supporters.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO
After all, it's not the Arizona border, it's the American border,

that's funny
the last time i was there
there was a big ole sign that reads

WELCOME TO ARIZONA

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Cannot agree with you more. To me, this country needs to organize and fix a lot the problems it's facing.

the individual states could do this

IF

their hands weren't tied by the FEDS

and i think that is the whole point
with this legislation. Other states
will follow very soon

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

What's with the Nazi uniform?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
these videos have never been more relevant
than they are right now

and another

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Nazi uniform? are you talking about my avatar? I didn't know it had anything to with Nazism. I found it online.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

violator is correct

your helmet is also
German military issue
during the 3rd Reich

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I never notice that at all. Someone must of drew it that way. I just liked it because it looked awesome.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Man oh man, that veteran who cut the flag down was PISSED!!!!!!!!!

But ask yourselves how would a Mexican community in Mexico react to the same deal???? An American flag flying above a Mexican flag in their faces and on their own turf??? You gotta be kidding me!!! I'll give a star and recommend for staff applause anyone right now who can find me a similar picture of that occurring in Mexico. Good fricken luck!

When is this lunacy going to stop? When is the US going to ever be respected again, and these people get a clue that we are only going to take so much???

That vet had every damn right to do that, seeing as no one else gave a flippin crapola. Not after fighting for this country.

And you notice the guy who picked up the Mexican flag would not say a word and promptly took his flag right back inside, where it belongs! Wahaha!!!!

[edit on Sat Apr 24th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Too bad the bill wont go into affect for 90+ days from now. I saw lots of people in the video that should be questioned.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It's interesting, how most of the people in the country, and especially the legal Mexicans seem to think we are trying to get them to all go back...

When in fact, it is only those who are here illegally that the American people are targeting.

THIS website gives some interesting numbers on just what the illegals are doing to the country.

This does not even go into the things such as murder, rape, theft, etc. that most of the illegal aliens are doing to our citizens.

The whole thing with Obama wanting to make them all legal will not solve the problem.. That’s like getting an "A" in math from your teacher for nothing more than showing up to class. They don't learn anything, and they don't respect anything.

People really need to educate themselves on Immigration, and how the illegal persons are doing damage to this country, and to their home country by doing so.

I encourage all of you to press your government officials to do the same as Arizona did... set a precedent that the Federal government cannot ignore.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well I guess that is a quick 10,000 that need their IDs checked under the new law.....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
you guys i understand being against illegal immigration but

"papers please" is wrong because it sets a precedent, it lets the police arrest anyone they want for not carrying their birth certificate on their body.

Regular US Citizens will get abused as a result of this law. I do agree with more border enforcement but it should be done at the borders.

I never want to live in a country where I am forced to pull out multiple forms of ID or go to jail. That is a police state.

Something needs to be done about illegal immigration but not setting a precedent for nazi 'papers please' situations.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join