It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Unusual weather, Rain for most of the U.S.A.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Its only a matter of time now before the climate tips much like it was shown in The Day After Tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Anyone want to try and explain the image in the following link?

It is a global flat image yet part of it over asia and africa has been covered up with a goofy looking map... check it out

www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...

My best guess is they do not have the data to fill in those areas. but really I am not sure nor am I any expert in this field.

Gazz

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
this is exactly the image i was speaking of previously. then when you look at the close up of africas water vapor www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...
you get a malfunctioning image.
x

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
also the thumbnail on wich you click to see the global image has the entire globe, while the large map image does not
the thumbnails are at the bottom
x

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Edit: Data updated

[edit on 9-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I doubt the weather would change so dramatically as it was shown on the movie. It could get close to it, but it is very unlikely. Remember that the events in the movie were portrayed faster because it is a 2 hour movie.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Edit: I guess I should put something here for the skeptics and others, What I believe is based on real science, and the main things that need to be looked at here are trends in weather and for the most part the trends in recent weather anomalies.. when you see all of the data and how dramatic these changes have been in just the last 10 years you will see what I am talking about.. there is a very dramatic climate change coming and sooner than you may be willing to believe.. don't take my word for it do your own research you may be amazed at what you can discover on your own.

Look for data on recent weather anomalies.. check out what has happened to the polar ice caps and most important look at what has happened to the deep ocean currents mainly in the atlantic. also find satilite images showing water vapor data and whatch how systems off of the coast of Africa evolve as they move into the atlantic..

Weather anomalies, its all about extremes, cold, hot, wet, dry, wind, ocean temps and currents.. the data is all out there for anyone willing to look.

Gazz

[edit on 9-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I doubt the weather would change so dramatically as it was shown on the movie. It could get close to it, but it is very unlikely. Remember that the events in the movie were portrayed faster because it is a 2 hour movie.

I would never believe that it would happen so fast that the north atlantic current would fail today and within a few weeks the whole system would collapse. It will take some time for the ocean temps to become completely unbalanced and it will take some time before the necessary amount of instability builds in the atmosphere. However once we hit the proper limits I do think that the crap will hit the fan fast like it was shown in the movie. When all hell breaks loose it will happen fast. Very fast. It will just take some time for the necessary dynamics to come into place.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
here in brisbane, Australia weve had normally wierd weather, but we often have wierd weather.

a few things.

1) it has been abnormally cold for our sub-tropical climate on and off for the last few months (were just starting winter this month).

2) there has been days where it is warm (appx 22-25 degrees C ), then that night there is rain, Unusual because our weather doesnt change like that unless the day has been really hot (around 30-40 degrees C )

3) lots of clouds, and lots of unusual clouds too. i have some pictures, i will go through them and find the most unusual.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's the Summer, and the middle of both tornado and hurricane seasons. Why would hot weather and thunderstorms be considered strange weather patterns???

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here in the UK it is pretty hot, but the skies are clear and there are is no 'cloudiness' from 'comet tails'! Haha!! (How stupid!
)
I do remember two years ago it was not this warm and there was a lot of wind and rain, last year was better.

At the moment it is quite warm with clear skies. Lots of stars with no 'Meteors' or 'Comet Tails' or any other 'strange phenomenen!'

I think some people may have been watching 'The Day after Tomorrow' and 'Deep Impact' too much!

I like these sort of things too, but lets keep it realistic!

One day something real and serious will happen and no-one will listen because of people crying 'WOLF!' in the past!

[edit on 7-6-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
as could very well be the case right now. or not. i know i have not seen the day after tomorrow and i am hardly the chicken little type. but when confronted by anomalies, sometimes you gotta shift your paradigms abit. and it seems the only people saying anything about doomsday or the end of the wrld are the skeptics or the debunkers(i hate that word). i have been noticing changes in weather in montana for years now. decrease bin snow an precip in general, higher fire rates, low rivers. i am now witnessing these things on a global scale thanks to the internet. weather has and always will work�@in cycles. cycle upon cycle, spanning eternity. these cycles dont always flow and transition smoothly into one another. think of twisting a slinky tight. you can keep twisting the slinky for a while with only minimal change in its appearance. it will get smaller, longer tighter, but then with one twist, not any different than the rest, BANG! you got yourself a whole big tangled twisted mess of what used to be a slinky. entropy prevails.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
It's the Summer, and the middle of both tornado and hurricane seasons. Why would hot weather and thunderstorms be considered strange weather patterns???

It would be strange when you live in a non tropical region and get 8.5 inches of rain in a month. It is also weird when the two biggest tornado outbreaks in history happen in consecutive years.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The day or two before unusual weather have you looked up at the sky and had noticed lots of "chemtrails"? I suspect these are chemicals from aircrafts being rained down on us affecting us with more allergies and weather changes as well. Who knows what the Government is doing to us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join