It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

They were supposedly reading all posts by that Jane character for 3 years...
She said something that at least 50% of us have said at one time or another.

"If my gov says I am a "fluffy bunny" then yes, I guess I am a "fluffy bunny."
(Insert t-word for the rabbit phrase.)
This quote of hers was in our paper recently, used to PROVE she is a terist.
Soooo simple.
Speaking of the adl/splc and news, all our newspapers are directly run by the same people who made this above-referenced report. Direct quotes every single day. Straight up propaganda with no respite. Even the letters from "students" who are asked about current issues are 100 percent phony. It is a laugh reading 10 comments from "school kids" that are all using the same exact language and grammar, plus ridiculous old-school phrases and rhetoric. Anybody else notice the same phrases from their website in the local paper?
creepy.
I am appalled that they took people's intellectual property and private opinions and used it in this horrendous manner to demonize folks for their nefarious political ends. S,F.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Poor Doc Velocity, he's one of the moderates here! I've never heard Doc call for violence or even to defend it. His responses are always well thought out and intelligent. He doesn't deserve being on any lists, that's for sure!
This is for you ADL

Note that they only picked posts from march 24 on ATS. Lazy bastards

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Asktheanimals]

Seriously!!! I have seen much crazier rants that didn't even receive an honorable mention...

That said,
I think we are all screwed

sometimes I just vent here. You know, the whole free speech thing. I don't think many of us every really consider that somekind of record is being compiled by the ADL, etc... guess that is the stark reality. Venting comes and goes, but print is forever...

When did the ADL become a government watchdog anyway? Odd....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Lol. I'm on a watchlist of somekind now. I feel special. I should change my name to John Connor. Awesome!!! Whatever happened to extraordinary rendition? Do they still do that these days? Maybe I'll end up in a secret Eastern European prison.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
first of all, high fives to everyone that got listed, that's hilarious.

also, i'm positive they could have dug up WAAAY worse things to defame (ironic) or make anyone at ATS look crazy/threatening. and it was pretty clear to me the posters were being facetious, except for doc, who was being straight up real, and i can't think of anything wrong with what he said, except that it might wake people up to vote out these lobbywhipped egomaniacs, which would mean orgs like the ADL would be useless, and a whole huge list of other domino's that would fall and never be missed.

that's all i have to say for now.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
“They kill us with air spraying, food and water [a reference to
conspiracy theories about the American people being poisoned]…they
need to face treason and the hang man.” Comment by “Olddog” on
Infowars Web site, March 26, 2010.

Conspiracy fact in relation to Flouride in the water supply. It's been proven over and over again to be A) added to the water, B)to be of no benefit to teeth what so ever and C) a poisonous chemical carried with warning labels and containment proceedures.

The comments these douchebags have selected are covered under freedom of speech. It is what many countries forefathers involved in ww1 and ww2 were fighting for. To say it's naughty naughty undermines the very roots of the foundation of modern society.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
You're right, and I did not see any one in particular that incited direct violence toward any individual or institution.

You should read the article again, because rising up to take the country back through violence is an underlying theme. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but you can't truly be surprised they noticed.

Originally posted by CestLaVie
I am appalled that they took people's intellectual property and private opinions and used it in this horrendous manner to demonize folks for their nefarious political ends. S,F.

Privacy on the internet? Where?

As for the people being mentioned only being 'moderates'. I'd imagine the more extreme people are still being watched, and mentioning them would alert them to that.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just the terms "ADL" and "SPLC" make me sick to my stomach these days. How in the HELL did they gain ANY validity in our society? It's unbelievable the depths that the Government is going to by even giving an ear to these groups, how the media parrots their 'findings', or how their 'data' is quoted as reliable.

Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Excellent find indeed.

I am afraid that they will use stuff like this to take away freedom of speech on the internet.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Grey Magic]

And who is the "they" who will use stuff to take way that freedom of speech. Keep in mind that the ADL and SPLC are both NGOs, and as such, are not covered by the !st Amendment prohibitions.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Alright, I think government is really, really swell. Everything they do is just wonderful in my eyes. I think all of them should be given kudos. I think the money they take from everyone is used for great things. I think everything in the world is SWELL. I think they should decide everything for me.

Is this what they want to hear? I think when there is NO dissent, this is when these ASSHATS better start worrying. Not when people are still talking about it. That is what they should watch for.

SO, Think everything is wonderful. I think we should do nothing. I think our representatives should be given hugs and kisses!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by endisnighe

Lol gross. I want to throw up at the prospect of kissing Clinton, Boxer, Feinstein or Pelosi. Why'd you have to go and say that! I just ate.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Gosh I wonder if I have become guilty by association! How exciting!

As I read through the report I thought to myself "Well what about posters who didn't agree with the extremes?"

We all know any thread here on ATS is a rainbow of opinions and to target selected posts without seeing other responces is just really low.

I may not agree with Doc V. all the time but I will defend his right to speak his mind!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Way to go Boondock-saint and Sickle_and_hammer, you made the FBI via ADL's watch list...

“I think I remember an old adage from long ago, can’t remember where I heard it or who said it…but it went something like this: If a man won’t change his ideals with words, then you change his mind with a bullet.” Post by “boondock-saint” on the Above Top Secret Forums, March 24, 2010.

See they do pay attention to us.

wow, I can't believe they actually twisted what I quoted
as a threat. That just goes to show ya how free speech
gets mixed up being labeled extremist or terrorist.

That adage I quoted, came from a hollywood movie
with Burt Lancaster entitled "Go tell the Spartans" 1978.

And was in no way meant to be a legitimate threat.
I am an old disabled man who can barely get around.
And if that is a threat to anyone, then I'm sorry.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
After reading the PDF report I see a common pattern in it, in how the people that made the report feel about all these so called anti government posters, and that is to always demonize them and to never ever consider their own actions as having caused it in the first place. I feel this will sadly, always be the case. The corrupt and the ones that seem to be helping our liberties disappear are so self righteous that they will never see their own sins, for lack of a better word..
And they are labeling all of these people as anti-government, when in most cases, it is really people that are anti-corruption, and people calling out against these politicians that have been peeing on the constitution. To be truthfull about it, I just don't see that as anti-government at all. Legitimate and honest politicians of integrity have nothing at all to fear from Americans, it is only these radical, extremist, anti-American politicians and journalists trying to establish themselves as normal and mainstream by reporting in this manner.
I see they are very very good at laying all of this out to make it appear the way they are portraying it to be.
Truly amazing and crazy times we are witnessing right now..

All the best to fellow ATS'ers no matter what your views might be.
I think maybe the only way America will succeed now will be for everyone to care about each other the same way we care about our family members and dearest friends. When people do this they always evaluate their own actions to understand how it might affect their loved ones. My point is, when at home we might be a lot more humble, but on capitol hill we would be quite arrogant and haughty, (right vs. left) etc..
Getting all of America to practice the above though is probably just a fantasy, but maybe not.. Time will certainly tell..

Good luck to us all!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I just read an article that said they get millions from the sauros guy? Nonetheless, who said they run our country? Disgusting ! Where are our representatives?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

Sad isn't it. Well there's only one way we can fight it. Just stay peaceful, hate and violence will get us no where, we would just be playing their game. We need to show the sheeple that the "fringe thinkers"
, are in the interest of every man woman and child, and we genuinely care about the rest of the world and the people in it, both positive and negative.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by seanizle]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I find myself questioning even the legitimacy of this report.

It seems poorly executed and produced, assuming the PDF version is representative of the 'distributed' product.

Presumably, they spent good money 'monitoring' 'analyzing' and 'reporting' on this concern of theirs. I think someone should get their money back, because this is hardly a moving document.

I bet nearly anyone could collect a similar (which is to say parallel) collection of REAL threats... all coming from people who are on their "A" list of talking heads.

Perhaps this was just submitted to the ADL for impact from some disgruntled defender of their ideology.

... and in response to the question of what they want to hear from us... nothing, not agreement, not submission, not consent... they want silence.

I can never be silent. I suggest non of you should ever be silent either. What we think is the ONLY thing that matters. What we say to one another is the only thing that makes society work, despite the control freaks of the ideological world.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Preface: I support Obama and I believe in American democracy...so I do not assume either Mr. Obama or the Democrats will be in office forever. Given that preface, I have to disagree with the above responder in that since I want him to have the same rights I will demand when Republicans (or any other party) is in the White House, I feel it is OK to say you are angry, and to spell out why ou are angry.

However, there are limits to expressing one's anger as appropriately illustrated by the Hutaree arrests: you can't go around stating you want violence to happen and certainly not listing how violence might be done. That message applies to everyone, Obama's supporters and all others as well; this is a simple rule. Now if you object to the current administration's Afghan policy by all means say so, how often you wish. As an American, I am committed to support yourright to express your opinion ...in a non-violent way. And I do trust that you will support my same right when things are reversed. This way we, together, will keep this ship going for a long time.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Great. Now we must all type with the knowledge that any single sentence or paragraph can be taken out of context and used in fact finding reports. Well, I guess ATS is big time now. Here's something that puzzles me about the extreme right as seen in this paper and elsewhere- why is it Bush was able to falsely lead us into war, sacrifice our troops for profits, pass draconian surveillance laws, everyone knows it, and the worst he gets is shoes thrown at him. I've never heard of death threats directed at dubya. The gov. has been full of snake oil peddlers for at least a 100 years, and always cherry picked the parts of the constitution they liked best. We all know we have never seen an honest politician in OUR lifetimes. So why all the animosity suddenly? Imo, this animosity is plainly based on the fact the right is extremely uncomfortable with a person of non-white descent in the highest office of the land (der taykin' ar jobs!-ya right). They see this land as intrinsically White and Christian, and everyone else as some sort of dangerous sub human alien not fit to be in the same small town. Question- who hires "illegal" immigrants to do dirty work and pay well below the value of the labor? White businessmen. Who exports jobs overseas to rake in tremendous profits off virtual slave labor? You guessed it! Republicans! We have all heard the rascist vitriol and rhetoric (purple lips, tar & feather, jihadist, nooses, bone in nose pictures, etc...) And the worst part of it all? If you have any criticism of the prez, such as why are we still in Iraq and Afghanistan? People look at you funny like some sort of rascist tea partier. If you wanted a White Christian based nation,
A:you should have never left Europe for Indian land
B:you never should have imported Twelve million Africans to be your slave labor
C:You definitely should not have destroyed economically, spiritually, and culturally the native lands of most of the immigrants here. Who in their right mind would leave their family, warm weather, and homeland for the cold winters of New York, Boston, London, etc? They come in droves because their traditional cultural ecosystem is destroyed, they're monetary systems are now tied into western banks, there's usually a war going on, and there's no longer anything to eat.
Also, what in the #3ll gives you the right to immigrate here thousands of miles across the Atlantic and poor starving Jose isn't allowed to walk a few miles across the border of the land that used to be HIS to find work?

I just hope our super-mods stay ever vigilant and nip any violence talk in the bud. I love the meeting of minds that take place here, I love the counter- arguments with people I'd probably never have a long discussion with elsewhere, I love our super researchers and those who comb the net to bring us truly breaking news daily. I really don't want any dimwits bringing unwanted scrutiny and problems to this place of high IQ's and amazing individuals. Long live ATS!

[edit on 22-4-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow...I am dumbfounded..First off to all the posters that say "hell yeah good job making the list", stop. Making a gov't list of this nature is not a badge of honor nor a cool thing. As an ex gov't employee I know first-hand that making these lists can seriously put a crimp in your day and f up your life. Not cool, not fun. Talking about taking things out of context, jeez. As Schrodinger said, I may not agree with those involved, but I will lay my life down to allow them to say it. So what's the plan? Letter writing?, emailing? Name it 'tis done. I get into many disagreements here, especially over politics, but I will defend this site and it's members like my own.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
For all I know those 'extremist' posters are middle aged moms who rarely go out and mind their own business day to day.

You're right....and for all we know most of the posts may be provacatuers trying to discredit the peaceful patriot moment. A lot of media personalities have been saying that the gov't will stage something, could this possibly be it? They have been caught red handed time and time again at public events. Maybe a change of strategy with the end result being the end of net neutrality and fingerprinting to even get online? Valid questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join