It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK sighting up or down since ash outage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Just wondering if UK sighting have indeed risen or dropped since the recent flight ban caused by the ash from the volcano, does anyone have any figures for this one way or the other?

I'm betting UFO reports will be down over this period as I suspect proportion of UFO reports are actually aircraft and over zealous minds. The other high scoring group are the 'orange believers' ie the people who can't but think lanterns are of alien nature.

I really am a believer but as of late there's been a huge rash of nonsense sightings, add to this the 'odd peeps' ie the people who take night scope footage of things that are clearly planes but try their best to make them into 'morphing ufo's' really makes ATS look daft at times.

So at a time of virtual UK plane-less skies I wonder if the overactive minds have had less to report.

And as for over active minds, how can people keep a straight face when looking at the Dominican republic report that is very very clearly a large kite with lights on.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Nothing at all in the skies....was hoping to see something but zilch...mind you I havent spent all night watching the sky but it feels very eerie.....not even a satellite.......this would be the best time to try and identify any type of UFO......

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I havnt seen a thing.

cept some choppers, and some cessna planes.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I was actually gonna bring this up myself, good thing I did a thread search first

I'm inclined to believe there has probably been no reports of UFO's in the UK since our airspace was closed.

But I'm gonna do some digging and see if I come up with anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Good satellites, interesting "by the horizon" flare ups/satellites, but nothing out of the ordinary in south Oxon, and my eyes have been peeled. But that's not to say the whole thing has not been a great epic experience already
The stars themselves just seem more mystical and brighter than usual and that is just nice to see. Some fairly credible videos from the UK but their content a little dubious, like someone said - people taking the chance to let off chinese lanterns.

Surprised no-ones been out there with a laser though.

EDIT: I would not say "down" though. UFO reports in the UK over the last 30 days or so has been at an all time low. Major report was that M6 jet chase crap that has made world press. Most credible footage in mainstream lately are the iceland volcano UFO's. In fact we've had a couple of decent "orange orb" videos on YouTube during the ban, which is more than was produced over the last fortnight at least. But as I said above, questionable material about chinese lanterns. But sightings I would say have been up. America is still fresh with amazing sightings over this period too.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by markymint]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It would be kind of odd to me if sightings did not increase during the airspace restrictions. I'm certain that many more people will have looked up at the clear skies. I spent a while at the weekend laying in the park looking up, and I never normally pay such attention to the skies. I didn't see any UFOs, just one small plane, but if other people are like me, and took a bit more of a look up than usual, well, I'd expect a lot of sightings.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies people, apart from the odd lantern reference it's been pretty devoid of reports as far as I could see. Now the ban is over I'm expecting the trend to return.

For me it just kind of says that many times people do mistake a simple old plane as a UFO, I suppose landing lights at an odd angle can do that but people will create what they want.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It'll probably be down a touch.
Since we wont be able to refere to M.O.D. Reports. But Ill guess some will crop up slowly.
And also, would the goverment risk flying there secret planes in these open, empty-ash filled clouds?

top topics

join