It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama makes light of anti-tax protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
They're protesting the health care bill while most of them will see their health care costs drop.

I'd like to know how spending less than $500.00 in the last 5 years for health care without insurance means I am supposed to be saving money when I will forced to buy health insurance at $500.00 a month by 2014 (and that is a low estimation). That's right, I spent less than $8.00 a month on health care over the last 5 years. So please explain how this new health-care bill is going to be saving me money. Oh that's right, because I am going to be one of the "few" that will see their health care costs rise. I am one of the "few" healthy individuals that will be forced to pay for others premiums to drop so "all" can have affordable health-care. Please tell me again when did our ForeFathers fight the crown in order to form a more perfect communist union?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I haven't been to a doctor in about 5 years, and that isn't going to change any time soon.

I'm not going to see a doctor over a cold - and really that's about as sick as I get. So why should I be forced into getting something I don't use now.

So that the corporatist pigs can have a guaranteed customer base.

I'll not buy a health plan, nor will I pay any fines as a result of not purchasing one.

Come #ing get me.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Plan2exist18

If I were his daughter I would be thrilled his cigarette tax went up. If it inspired him to quit smoking he might live a lot longer as a contributing member of society and as a dad. As a society we all pay the high price of smoking related illness. Isn't it time to accept responsibility and cover the costs of our actions?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by rusethorcain]

I'm the wife of a smoker, and my dad is a smoker. High prices does not inspire one to quit even when you are dirt poor. Smokers will buy cigarettes, and cut back on other areas such as bills, food, health insurance, TV, cell phones, etc before they will ever give up the habit.

All the damn tax does is make one poorer and more hungry, so be glad you are not a daughter of a smoker. Your clothing allowance would be cut back.

The problem is that the government increased taxes, but they never made it affordable alternatives, and affordable counseling to help a person to quit smoking. You do not want to be around a smoker who is trying to quit. They get mean, and are no where pleasant to be around. That is why I gave up trying to get my husband to quit. I saw how he reacted just trying to reduce the number of ciggs he smoked a day. It is still not pleasant.

These dumb taxes should be done away with never to return. They never help anyone.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join