It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study revealed that multivitamins a day can cause breast cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Same here I have been taking mega doses of environment all my life, now I am concentrated on herbals and certain vitamins to target specific health related problems or prevent them.

In America our food supplies are tampered, experimented on and rendered mostly toxic for the body when is not longer a natural food item made by nature, but that is OK for the government and the big money making pharma and food industry.

In America we also are becoming deficient on many nutrients as our soils are so tampered with that minerals are becoming scarce.

Supplements are a plus for any diet when our own food supply can not provide us with what our bodies need.

The control of the food supplies and the control of big pharma for our survival into a life dependency to medical drug treatment is in full gear.

In our nation we are living longer but our quality of life is declining.

Those than control the food supply in the world will control humanity.

BTW I also fortunate enough to look a lot younger that I am.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Grow your own food, hunt your meat and try to live off the land as much as possilble. About 70% of our grocer foods are GM foods or contain GM ingerdients. Did you know that one of the ways the genetically engineer a plant is to infect it with tumors and ecoli? That way the cells are already invaded so they can then invade them even more.
I don't see how vitamins can be bad........not as bad as gm foods. I have to agree that codex is hard at work here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by meaguire

Codex Alimentarius and its agenda marching along. This is a slight of hand study. Of course we don't know what the fillers they add in all their drug store capsules do, so its best to find natural sources, and research everything we buy. For all we know they've been slipping depleted uranium or some other equally carcinogenic source into them.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Recently they've come out with bottled water that has vitamins in it. At first that seemed like an "improvement" over plain water or soft drinks, but I am actually very skeptical about it.

Once again, the best way to get your vitamins is from the source -- the fruits, veggies and other foods we eat. Of course that means you have to try and find organic heritage food; otherwise the source should be considered polluted.

Avoid factory food at all costs, both for nutritional and ethical reasons.

The fact is I love eating. I love making my meals myself. I love researching stores that still have non-factory foods. Its a challenge, but worth it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
OK, so I've officially joined the ranks of double posters.
Sorry bout that.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by wayno]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by meaguire

A multivitamin is exactly that multiple vitamins. Multivitamins contain D3, depending on the brand they generally contain between 200iu to 800iu. If we take the studies on there merit the D3 should counteract the negative effects of the multivitamin.

I don't believe that I refuted that in my last post. Trust me, I know the differences between a multi-vitamin and just vitamin D3.

My point was just what you said in a hell of a lot less words. D3 is just that, D3 and nothing else as oppose to a multi-vitamin having numerous minerals and vitamins including D2 or D3. Thats why I said D3 cannot be compared to a multi-vitamin. The problem lies within the multi-vitamins not the D3 on its own and in fact vit D3 has shown to prevent many cancers and help fight off viruses and some infections along with promoting healthy teeth and bones.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i'll take Swedens word for it

they are the only country to also notice that wireless devices like cellphones and internet routers cause Electromagnetic hypersensitivity in some people en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Too much of anything can give you cancer, no one needs a study, it's common sense. That being said, taking a one a day pill isn't going to give you cancer anymore than drinking 8 glasses of water a day is going to give you cancer. A new study will come out disproving this one in 6 months and these people will continue to get their government funding, in the mean time...follow common sense. Too much of anything will give you cancer, too much food will make you fat, too much dieting will slow your metabolism and maybe cause a "rebound effect," etc. You can even have too much exercise and not allow your muscles to rebuild sufficiently, or too much water can rupture your cells...just...as as I said, use some common sense.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ok, quick details of the study people asked, like funding...

Should anyone want the fulltext pdf to check other details I can upload to ATS media.

Multivitamin use and breast cancer incidence in a prospective cohort of Swedish women
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, doi:10.3945/ajcn.2009.28837
Vol. 91, No. 5, 1268-1272, May 2010

Funding: Swedish Cancer Foundation and the Swedish Research Council for Infrastructure.

Authors' disclosures:

The authors' responsibilities were as follows—SCL: statistical analyses and manuscript writing; SCL and AW: study concept and design; AW: data collection; and SCL, AÅ, LB, and AW: interpretation of results and critical revision of the manuscript. None of the authors reported a personal or financial conflict of interest.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join