It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identification Challenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ok so I went to the park close to my house and decided to take the cliche blurry picture on my cellphone of the city in the background. I am asking for fellow ATS members to do the following.

1) Identify the city skyline
2) Distance to skyline
3) Estimated time of day of image
4) Challenge question: type of phone image was snapped from
5) Challenge question2: Which park am I in.

Once again using only information provided by the photo itself and none of my personal information. I'm just doing this to see who really has their hoax photo game face and to identify members who can be helpful in future filtering of hoax photos. Use all available resources except my personal ATS information.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
1) It is the Scroville skyline, looking directly away from Burpleson Air Force Base, toward the eastern edge of Pubasmeg County.

2) The distance to the skyline is 380 nautical miles.

3) It was taken at approximately 0730 hours, Zulu time.

4) Image was captured with a Samsung 4440.

5) You are standing in the Pinssinep-Raemspap Park, near the playground.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Brilliant very comical lmao, I'm giving you stars just for creativity lol. Good effort but not quite lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
it looks like the Chesapeake Bay
to me

Baltimore skyline is app 6 miles away

hard to tell the time due to cloud cover

and have no idea on the camera but
maybe a cell phone due to low megapixels

just guessing

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Good effort, but there is actually no cloud cover, the picture is that bad of a quality, I really want to give clues but that makes it too easy lol. Your may be thinking that it is the Baltimore skyline because you have seen it but think outside the box. Analyze the situation, what other cities maybe by a river... Do you folks want clues......

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'll say Cleveland. No idea of the park but I'm guessing the skyline is 25 miles away from your vantage point there. Time of day is not really fair since the quality is horrible and you say there's no cloud cover and it appears it's a hot, humid day in August (which it isn't of course). But I'll say 7am or 7pm.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Nice challenge.
I'll say 12 miles to the city.
It's a river, no wake or waves.
Topo is very flat, and branch if used as indication means Deciduous yet I see green in back ground so I'm heading south,
If you say there's no cloud cover and I have that lighting and no reflection of sun anywhere on water, my gut says evening, eastern US.
With the blur of the city from what I'll label as smog , at 12 miles I'm going to go large city, could even be ocean mist maybe.
The picture is so bad it could be anywhere and everywhere looks like cleveland when youre drunk.
Nokia flip phone.
Somewhere in Florida.

thats it i'm done.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Ok the time is 6 pm and you got the mileage incorrect, Very good. Happily was the closest with the mileage. it is approximately 15 miles. But still no cigar :-)

So far the only things correct are Eastern US and 15 miles. And as Happily pointed out it is in fact near a river. Lots of clues here folks :-)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Funny you said cleveland, everywhere looks like cleveland when youre drinking, hahahaha

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Dude! I supplied more info than you commented on, it was "all" wrong?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Ok large city is correct, distance you were close it is 15 miles, yes it is near a river, and evening time is correct. 6 pm to be precise. Eastern US is correct. South is wrong, nokia phone is wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ok large city is correct, distance you were close it is 15 miles, yes it is near a river, and evening time is correct. 6 pm to be precise. Eastern US is correct. South is wrong

Philly

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ok large city is correct, distance you were close it is 15 miles, yes it is near a river, and evening time is correct. 6 pm to be precise. Eastern US is correct. South is wrong

Philly

And we have a winner!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How'd you figure that out? I grant you thee official ATS Hoax seeker by the powers vested in me. Someone post a new challenge of anything just for fun :-)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'll take a stab...
Chicago skyline, looking from south to north.
Distance to skyline, 11.5 miles.
6:30-7:30 p.m.
Calumet River-ish area?
Calumet Park?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Oaktree]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Wrong city and park, but the other information is almost correct, your distance is close but somewhat off.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

When I posted my reply, I saw the actual answer had been posted.
I'm amazed how poorly the detail of the skyline was captured.
And how poorly I guessed the city.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Yea it was poorly taken on purpose. As most UFO pictures are similar quality we are basically playing around with a control image or sorts. No one attempted to enhance the image, bring it up into filters, demonstrate the skyline in the usual ATS fashion which i was hoping lol. And a lot of people tended to guess cities that they had probably lived near, this I'm gonna call memory/proximity bias.

I think this memory/proximity bias happens a lot with UFO pictures, the person says something that he has seen and the case is over to that person.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Down south, either Florida or Georgia/Miss area, possibly the Miss river, in fact, it's the most likely candidate. Perhaps this is new orleans or another city near there.

PRESSAN THE IM FEELIN LUCKY BUTTAN!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Happyfeet]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So I kinda photo shopped and pulled out as much of the skyline as I could out of the image...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join