It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utter Insanity of Pro-Choice

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

You said exactly what I wanted to say.
By 'confined' I mean any measures taken against the woman to prevent her from terminating. If this became legal, the woman would either have to be under constant surveillance or put somewhere restricted . Even if she was allowed to go as she pleased, what else could the authorities do but either threaten her with a hefty fine or jail time if she did get an abortion? Would a fine stop a woman who doesn't want to go through pregnancy or child birth? Somehow, I doubt it. Let's say she does abort anyway and refuses to or cannot pay the fine. What's left? Jail time.
All the best.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Parasite: An organism that lives in or on and takes its nourishment from another organism. A parasite cannot live independently. (source: medterms.com)

call me satan christians/catholics but a fetus is technically a parasite of the female human body.

actually no i don't remember being a parasite due to the fact that when i was, i hadn't developed enough to even be considered living in the fact that if i had been aborted it would have been murder.

yes it is exaggerated to say things like "should the woman be confined and forced?". forced yes, in the form of my argument that a man should have half the say in the decision of abortion or life. nobody forced the woman to have sex unless it was a form of rape and forced penetration. so yes it is an exaggeration to say that would be forcing a woman to have the baby. is a woman not forcing a man to have a child in the act they BOTH performed by keeping the bastard child? all the while she will collect a nice amount of cash from him and the government and have a nice 18 year vacation all while telling the child what a piece of s@&t the father is.

fem·i·nism\ˈfe-mə-ˌni-zəm\noun
1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

i'm a feminist, and all i'm saying is if women want equal treatment they should be treated the same way as a man in ALL scenarios. a man should be able to have a say, and why shouldn't he be? he contributed half the workload (no pun intended) to making that child.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Hardstepah

I agree completely.. The man has no say in what happens to his DNA. Where are the laws to protect the fathers?

Don't worry, it is not you that will get the chauvinist pig comments. It is me.

2 posts up....

I suppose you can harvest the embryo and transplant it to a "host" surrogate.

Now if you're willing to pay for all that - - "here's your DNA fetus"

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
On Personal Responsibility and Abortion.

A woman who chooses abortion has just exercised personal responsibility.

Abortion is one of the choices available in personal responsibility.

While i agree with you that it should be a womans choice only due to noone would have the power to decide if the man or woman get their way in keeping or aborting the child.

I must say you come off has a hypocrite. You come off as its the mans sole responsibility to keep it from happening. What part of Its BOTH the male and females responsibility as adults to prevent unwanted pregnancy do you not understand?

If you dont want any bread dont allow anyone to put flour in your oven.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Hardstepah

I agree completely.. The man has no say in what happens to his DNA. Where are the laws to protect the fathers?

Don't worry, it is not you that will get the chauvinist pig comments. It is me.

2 posts up....
Laws to protect men from what?

Men already have protection, it is called abstinence. They also have protection in condoms, and vasectomies. These protections do not need to be legislated.

And where are you getting a man has no say what happens to his DNA, is that serious? Are you joking? Really, I am just wiping my cheeks, from laughing so hard. No control over his DNA, what a hoot.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

While i agree with you that it should be a womans choice only due to noone would have the power to decide if the man or woman get their way in keeping or aborting the child.

I must say you come off has a hypocrite. You come off as its the mans sole responsibility to keep it from happening. What part of Its BOTH the male and females responsibility as adults to prevent unwanted pregnancy do you not understand?

It doesnt matter how much flour I get in my oven, because I know unlike a man, I can just go get some East Off and clean it out if I need to. Men dont have that option, where is the hypocrisy?

If a man dont want a baby dont have a baby. It is super simple and I fail to grasp the hypocrisy. Clue me in, sport.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

It doesnt matter how much flour I get in my oven, because I know unlike a man, I can just go get some East Off and clean it out if I need to. Men dont have that option, where is the hypocrisy?

If a man dont want a baby dont have a baby. It is super simple and I fail to grasp the hypocrisy. Clue me in, sport.

Wouldnt it be better to refrain from sex than using abortion as a form of birth control? So what you are saying is a woman should look at it from the prospect that "Big deal if i get pregnant ill just abort it"

Unless their is some brain control device out now
you do have the option to keep those legs closed missy.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

This actually happened to me. We were engaged, I was very excited and her excuse was that she wasn't ready to grow up yet and settle down.

Its a touchy subject for me, but I had no say... and no control over what happened to my kid. I felt powerless and it haunts me even to this day.

I'm not against abortion and I do believe its a necessary evil, especially in cases of rape, but what she did to our child was murder in my eyes. If she didn't want to raise him/her I would've gladly done so.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Welcome to the fantastic world of double standards, my friend. That's just how life works. You have no "rights" to your own child's health care until it is born. If she wants to kill it(lets call it what it is) than she can, but if she wants to have it and leech money off you for the rest of ya life, she can. Why? because America and the rest of the world seem to love double standards. Anyone who uses Abortion as a means of birth control really should've been aborted themselves. The only time it can ever be justified in my opinion is when the woman is raped or something extreme along those lines. Most women just don't care and think they can always walk down to the clinic and kill the kid, because hey it's legal right?!

Blame it all on the guy too, and say it's his fault for not wearing a condom but guess what dummy? you could of said "no." Most women need to grow the hell up and start taking responsibility for their own actions instead of legalized murder of an innocent child, who has never harmed a soul.

Incoming walls of text from pissed off women attempting to justify the murder they have committed.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Wouldnt it be better to refrain from sex than using abortion as a form of birth control? So what you are saying is a woman should look at it from the prospect that "Big deal if i get pregnant ill just abort it" Unless their is some brain control device out now you do have the option to keep those legs closed missy.

How medieval, chauvanistic and grossly inaccurate. She said no such thing. You are putting words in her mouth to make your argument sound plausible which it isn't. This is a complicated matter not solved with a sentence

And to the guy above who's girlfriend terminated his child. It is unfortunate what happened but you can certainly have another child #1 and did she agree to have any resulting pregnancy before you decided to have sex with her?#2 and #3 Why would you have sex without understanding and agreeing to all the possible outcomes?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Welcome to the fantastic world of double standards, my friend. That's just how life works. You have no "rights" to your own child's health care until it is born. If she wants to kill it(lets call it what it is) than she can, but if she wants to have it and leech money off you for the rest of ya life, she can. Why? because America and the rest of the world seem to love double standards. Anyone who uses Abortion as a means of birth control really should've been aborted themselves. The only time it can ever be justified in my opinion is when the woman is raped or something extreme along those lines. Most women just don't care and think they can always walk down to the clinic and kill the kid, because hey it's legal right?!

Blame it all on the guy too, and say it's his fault for not wearing a condom but guess what dummy? you could of said "no." Most women need to grow the hell up and start taking responsibility for their own actions instead of legalized murder of an innocent child, who has never harmed a soul.

Incoming walls of text from pissed off women attempting to justify the murder they have committed.

How do you feel about war? Collateral damage? Innocent people? There isn't even a question about it...their lives had begun.

Or do you also have a double standard, and would you rather pick and choose what innocent lives are viable and why they should be murdered in cold blood?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i havent read all the replies here, but i wanted to add in my view of this topic.

while i understand that the fathers want a choice in the matter...its the womans body. not the fathers. maybe somewhere down the road we'll find a way for men to carry a child to term, and if that happens, and the woman wants an abortion and the man doesnt, well...then the man can carry the child through until its born. but until that day comes...its 100% the choice of the woman because its 100% HER body.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It really is laughable how selfish and self-centred some female members are on this issue. It is as though the father is seen as a pay check and nothing else. And to think that because the mother has to go through 9-months of physical labour, she is automatically entitled to the Moral High Ground and given all the sympathy and rights. As if that is not enough, benefit of the doubt is given in the legal sense too.

One hopes that most women do not share the same self-centred mindset where their body and their desires are all that matter in the issue...

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

where their body and their desires are all that matter in the issue...

Seems to me this is the prerequisite thinking on the part of the male, which gets women pregnant and puts themselves in a fatherly way in the first place.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Seems to me this is the prerequisite thinking on the part of the male, which gets women pregnant and puts themselves in a fatherly way in the first place

Why don't you consider the situation where she falls pregnant and does not want the child, whereas the father does? What happens then? Let me guess, he has sex and knew the consequences. It is her body so she can decide to have an abortion guilt-free with no strings attached.

Basically the father is doomed every way unless he wants a child and the mother wants a child. Every other scenario involves the mother using the "I am pregnant for 9-months!" card to her advantage.

I am just amazed at the number of members saying men should get vasectomies if they don't want a child. What about the woman's responsibility to keep her legs closed until she can find a man suitable to be a father?

It is disheartening to see so many men fall for the Feminist-inspired fallacy that women should have the only valid opinion on whether to keep a child or not. It is like they have been mind-controlled to believe they have no rights in the matter and just accept it.

"Well the condom broke...I don't really have much money...I'm not ready to be a father...didn't my sperm help create the foetus inside of her...how do I feel about this...will she be a good mother...is she mature enough...is it fair for us to bring a child into the world in our current circumstances"

TRANSFORMS INTO:

"Well she has to be in labour for 9-months. I think she has earned the decision. It is her body and her decision. What right do I have to judge her?"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by ker2010

Wouldnt it be better to refrain from sex than using abortion as a form of birth control? So what you are saying is a woman should look at it from the prospect that "Big deal if i get pregnant ill just abort it" Unless their is some brain control device out now you do have the option to keep those legs closed missy.

How medieval, chauvanistic and grossly inaccurate. She said no such thing. You are putting words in her mouth to make your argument sound plausible which it isn't. This is a complicated matter not solved with a sentence

No sir complete bs. She keeps spouting off and on about a man has control where he puts his seed but never focuses on the fact a woman also has a choice where she lets that man put it. The woman has to allow the man to do so. So in any circumstance other than rape the woman has a choice.

Im not gonna sit here while she trys to come off as its a 100% mans fault in the situation and not say anything. A woman has responsibility too you know unless you and her are saying they lack the intelligence to make responsible choices that include avoiding pregnancy. I dont include going skin to skin with no BC , getting pregnant then running out aborting it a responsible choice. And with all the BC available to men and WOMEN it is irresponsible to get pregnant if you dont want too. Pregnancy can be avoided 99% of the time if BOTH partys take appropriate measures.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Wasn't quite sure where to put this... mods move this if needed.

Alright folks, here is a kind of paradox I find so disturbing about the pro-choice side of the abortion debate.

Exactly, of course pro-choice is wrong. If parents wish to keep a baby, the state should come along, stick a hypodermic in its bum and chuck it into the back of the burner at the crematorium - just like they do in China.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

I am just amazed at the number of members saying men should get vasectomies if they don't want a child. What about the woman's responsibility to keep her legs closed until she can find a man suitable to be a father?

Once again, here we bottom line it.

As it stands, no woman HAS to keep her legs closed, because abortion is AS IT STANDS TODAY, one of her responsible choices in her sex life.

I believe it is the men who are having trouble with the responsibility portion, because as biology made us, men have all the power and choice in their reproductive choices, yet they still (some on this thread thank god not all of them) want to whine about child support and being trapped. Grow up already, and accept the facts.

Why do men think that couple of hundred of dollars a month child support is such a big deal? I am a woman who currently pays child support. I sent my youngest boy to live with his daddy, because a boy needs a father in his life. I pay my support and you dont see me whining because thats my boy.

The calls of hypocrisy make me laugh.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Im not gonna sit here while she trys to come off as its a 100% mans fault in the situation and not say anything. A woman has responsibility too you know unless you and her are saying they lack the intelligence to make responsible choices that include avoiding pregnancy. I dont include going skin to skin with no BC , getting pregnant then running out aborting it a responsible choice. And with all the BC available to men and WOMEN it is irresponsible to get pregnant if you dont want too. Pregnancy can be avoided 99% of the time if BOTH partys take appropriate measures.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ker2010]
Pregnancy CAN be avoided if a woman gets in that sort but 100 percent of the time. She can opt to abort, which prevents pregnancy 100% of the time. Abortion is one of many appropriate measures women get to CHOOSE to take.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Once again, here we bottom line it.

As it stands, no woman HAS to keep her legs closed, because abortion is AS IT STANDS TODAY, one of her responsible choices in her sex life.

Do you think most people would choose abortion over prevention? Do you really think "just have an abortion" is responsible advice for women? What effects does this kind of attitude have on their partners?

I believe it is the men who are having trouble with the responsibility portion, because as biology made us, men have all the power and choice in their reproductive choices, yet they still (some on this thread thank god not all of them) want to whine about child support and being trapped. Grow up already, and accept the facts.

But the facts are very selective for many that share your mindset. I do not have children of my own or pay child support, but I can certainly sympathise with those that have been manipulated into doing so. I can also see when using an excuse to justify special treatment (I have to endure 9 months of pain!) gets exploited so that one side has all the rights and power.

Why do men think that couple of hundred of dollars a month child support is such a big deal? I am a woman who currently pays child support. I sent my youngest boy to live with his daddy, because a boy needs a father in his life. I pay my support and you dont see me whining because thats my boy.

You are missing the big picture. Money is not the issue. You had the power to decide whether to keep "your boy". The father did not. I agree a child does need a Father in his life, but not a "pseudo-Daddy" figure who is not ready or financially secure enough to raise a child.

The calls of hypocrisy make me laugh.

Hypocrisy is a funny thing. Every single person on Earth is likely to take part in behaviour that they themselves would consider hypocritical if it were done by others. Nobody wants to admit it, though.

The hypocrisy of Feminists is not a laughing matter, however. Especially for those whose lives have been destroyed in the process.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join