It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

I don't think I would be worrying too much about the number of quakes yet. It is quite a small number and we have seen a much larger number under Eyjafjoll.

If you take a look at the tremor plot however note that the recent plots are showing the lower harmonic with greater amplitude which possibly means that there is some hot stuff slopping around down there.

Looking back to April you can see the red was not the highest amplitude, and so far that has always been the case since I have been watching these,

Question is, is this a significant change?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Eyjafjallajökull crater, Friday evening 11th June 2010, view to the north. Clearly the water is stirred, either from water intake or heat convection or both. Photo: Sveinn Brynjólfsson.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de223f393970.jpg[/atsimg]

en.vedur.is...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Good morning
Just a little update and a beautyfull pic of lake in the volcano:

Update on activityEruption in Eyjafjallajökull, Iceland
Assessment 14 June 2010 10:40
Details on the crater lake (described below), and on a mud flow last week in river Svaðbælisá, in a status report issued collectively by the Icelandic Meteorological Office and the Institute of Earth Sciences on Friday night 11 June 2010 at 23:00, where it says that no magma is being erupted and that the activity is confined to steaming.

en.vedur.is...

Ther a just a little earthquakes and tremors! Nothing importent.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

We both posted the same thing at the SAME TIME.

insert spooky music for 2nd line

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thats wath they call Para Communication, sounds spooky but it works every distance, be one with the universe!!!

So my brain is calling you the next time or vice versa.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Good morning to you all, here is the official report from 15 juni.

Eruption in Eyjafjallajökull - Status Report: 17:00 GMT, 15 June 2010
Icelandic Meteorological Office and Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Iceland

Compiled by: Bergthóra S. Thorbjarnardóttir, Magnús Tumi Guðumundsson, Sigrún Hreinsdóttir and Gunnar Sigurðsson.

Based on: IMO seismic monitoring; IES-IMO GPS monitoring; IMO hydrological data; web camera; lightning detection system and flights over the eruption site 11 and 14 June.

Steam clouds:
Height (a.s.l.): Have been observed at over a hundred meters.
Heading:
Colour: White.
Tephra fallout: None.
Lightning: None were measured on the UK Met Office's system.
Noises: No reports

Meltwater:
Low discharge from Gígjökull.

Mudflood:
No mudfloods in the past few days.

Conditions at eruption site:
At the eastern, southern and western sides of the crater lake is a wall of ice. On the northern side a tephra wall rises 20 meters above the water. The ice walls at the southwestern corner of the crater are melting, i.e. at the site of the vent that was active 4 – 6 June. The rate of melting is assumed to be about one cuber meter per second.

Seismic tremor:
Low tremor level. Pulses are observed off and on.

Earthquakes:
A few small, shallow earthquakes have been recorded beneath the Eyjafjallajökull summit in the last weeks. Thirteen microearthquakes were recorded in the Mýrdalsjökull caldera from 11 to 14 June, most at a shallow depth.

GPS deformation:
The seismic activity beneath Mýrdalsjökull glacier does not appear to be related to inflation of the area. No significant vertical deformation has been observed at GPS stations at or around the glacier. However, a station at the northeastern caldera rim (AUST), moved about three centimeters towards the southwest from the 9th to the 13th of June, inward to the caldera.

Overall assessment:
The level of water in the crater lake only rose about 1 – 2 meters over the weekend. Several days or weeks are therefore likely to pass before the crater has filled with water, and up to months if the melting slows down. It is important that the water level be checked regularly. The water volume is now less than 0.5 million cubic meters. If the water level rises 20 meters, the volume will be 3 million cubic meters. The resulting flood would flow to the north, down the Gígjökull valley glacier, and could reach a maximum of 1500-2000 cubic meters per second

www2.norvol.hi.is...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by ni91ck]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
HELP, there comes somethimes smoke on the front from the volcano, wanna make a copy from the webcam pics , i don't no how? I wanna proof it to you all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So i tried something, make a pic from your screen and maybe it works, so here a pic from my laptop from smoke coming out of the front from the volcano. I hope you can see this. My screen was on 400%.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

what exactly do you mean, which volcano? and where is that picture you took from ?

Im not patronising you, im just curious, you've got my interest.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Is that from Poro cam? It's so big I cannot tell.

Hvolsvelli cam here
eldgos.mila.is...

is showing steam...

If that crater fills anymore with glacial melt water it may overflow.

And cause a massive flood.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
To answer both of you, this is from Eyjafjallajökull volcano and it is the Poro cam, i now its big but i hat no other way??? And is way down under the volcano.. And i now on the top is steam. But ther was an interval from grey clouds coming from "lets say" the midlle of the volcano.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by ni91ck]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Poro cam is completely greyed out at the moment but I will keep an eye on it and when it clears I will make a few screen shots.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yes i sa the clouds coming, but when i sa this it was very clear.Can you explain a little how that go's with a screenshot?? Thx

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's clearing so hopefully we'll get a look through the clouds soon.

It could be a leak from the crater steaming on its way down. Can't tell until we've seen it. However, I thought I remembered a report saying that the water in the crater was nowhere near overflowing yet...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

I have a program that I have had for ages called QuickePicsV3. What I do is hit 'printscreen' and the image goes to clipboard.. I open QuickePics and from there I can paste in the clipboard image.. then I can crop the image, crop out all the stuff I don't want.. then save that final image to wherever..

then you go to Your Pictures.. upload it, and then get the embed code and add it to a post.
QuickePics may still be free. Look it up.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's clear now and I can't see any steam except what's coming out of the top...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yep, Poro cam is clear, except for some mist coming down the river valley.. notice they have changed the POV of the camera.. we see much closer now, they must be watching closer in case that water comes down out of the crater..

its getting really misty now, as I write this.. night is coming too

[edit on 16-6-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I was wondering whether that was a news waterfall almost centre screen - a dash of white - hadn't noticed it before but, as you say, they've changed the POV and focus (wish they'd done that before!).

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ
I was wondering whether that was a news waterfall almost centre screen - a dash of white - hadn't noticed it before but, as you say, they've changed the POV and focus (wish they'd done that before!).

The news waterfall produces the latest breaking news.

Land of the midnight sun almost. You can still make out the mountain on the Thorosfelli camera. We only have about 3 hours dark at this time of year and I think they get none.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Thx 4 the info, i download it and gonna try it.

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join