It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

haunted in york part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
hey guys this is a follow on to my first thread about me when i was growing up in a haunted house in york. and just a few of the things that i whitnessed

well first of all i have some good news! after my first post alot of you told me to do some research and after reading countless books and talking to people who i think just wanted to talk like they new what they was talking about and hop on the paranormall band wagon. i decided the only people who could maybe give me answers would be the next door naighbors to that house

i thought because that they are a old couple that maybe they knew who lived in that house before we did. and guess what guys check this out they was verry helpfull and answered alot of questions

it turns out that a really old lady used to live in my house she went by the name of mrs bates. and by what they was saying she was a sweet little old lady and was also very religeous. and was also visited by a priest. she went on to tell me that how mrs bates had one day made the priest a cup of tea with some buiscits and he had choked to death in the front living room (SPOOKY I KNOW)

a few years passed and because mrs bates was getting on quite a bit she had freqent visits from her son. but her son had decided to go on holl with a few of his pals and promised his mum that he would come back and check on her as soon as he is home. a week later her son was back off holl and like he promised he went to check on his mum but when he tried to get in the house it was locked

so he thought this was verry strange and decided to post a letter through the door letting his mum know that he had stopped by. but as he lifted the letter box he saw his mum laid dead at the bottom of the stairs. no body knows how long she had been lied there but it is believed that she had tripped over the hoover cable and falled down stairs. now if this is the case it would explain one story that i will share with u now. because when my parents moved in to the house they was stripping all the old wallpaper off from the back bedroom. and after taking a few lyers off right there in big black letters was the word FELL they tried everything but nothing would move it from the wall.

so in the end the decided the only easy option was to paper over it.(verry strange)also the priest dying in my front living room could maybe explaine the mans voice humming to my sisters little boy. i was really pleased that i had made some progress and learnt a little bit more. because to be fair i half expected my next door neghboors to either say nothing, or know nothing, however even though they answered a few things and give me some idea to who was maybe haunting the house they also painted a picture of two very caring nice people.

but later events would suggest that maybe there was something not so nice living with us ill tell you the story now of when i was about 5 ,6 yrs old. my mum decided to take a bath since we was the only ones in my mum had said to me look ben im going to take a quick bath will you be ok sitting downstairs watching telly by yourself. i said that i would be fine so off she went upstairs after maybe ten min i was board. and wanted to play upstairs with my toys so i jumped off the soffa and bent down to switch off the tv.

as i switched it off and the screen went black i breifly looked in to the reflection of the tv and something caught my eye. it looked like what i can only describe as water vapour but really really bright white as if it was glowing. i stood up but never looked directly at it. i then walked backwards towards the soffa again but kept looking at it through the tv and realised that it was shimmering and moving side to side. after a few min i decided verry bravely to turn my head and take a look but as did this thing whatever it was. shot within inches of me from where i was sitting and i cant even tell you how fast i jumped up but trust me it was lightning fast! i then ran out of the room and trying m

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
my hardest to scream but nothing was coming out. i was soo soo scared and still to this day nothing has ever scared me more. and i have been in the army and whitnessed alot of crazy things. but that thing whatever it was scared the life out of me i even stopped talking to people a little while after it happned.
it was only when i reached the top of the stairs and started kicking on the bathroom door i looked back down to the bottom o the stairs but there was nothing there.
my mum was pretty freaked out from my behaviour and instantly believed me because she had never seen me or anyone else look as scared as i did she said.

( sorry iv posted the ending as a reply but i ran out of characters)

i still have more tales from this house u have to remember i lived there alot off years. and i would love to share them but as of before im running out of time to type them up. sorry guys and girls hope u find this read interesting

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Interesting story....

You said this took place in New York?

Were you also raised in the UK?

Just noticing they way you "speak" does not sound like a new yorker...

Either way, if this is real, good job finding out more.

Sorry, just noticed it says "York" not NY, my apologies, haven't had my morning coffee yet

[edit on 13-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just to let you know - Its called New York for a reason

Cos the Old York is in the UK !

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

haha no worries wish it was new york not forever just for a week or so haha

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

haha this is verry true like it

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
Interesting story....

You said this took place in New York?

Were you also raised in the UK?

Just noticing they way you "speak" does not sound like a new yorker...

Either way, if this is real, good job finding out more.

Sorry, just noticed it says "York" not NY, my apologies, haven't had my morning coffee yet

[edit on 13-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

>>> He's from York, England ... not New York, America

OP ... great story again and so pleased you managed to find-out some background history ... it makes all the difference ... looking forward to the next installment.

Woody

>>> sorry from me ... I see the confusion has already been cleared up ... I'm such a slow typer.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

haha its fine thanks once again for showing your interest

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i have a close relative that works in "BETTY'S TEA ROOM'S" there are more than a few things gone on there over the years! that place has scared a LOT of old and new employees.

i was told of a man sitting at the piano playing but the maid reported the room was not booked to be used so asked if it was just a guest practicing,

(the room was empty apart from the maid and pianist) the maid was told
there were no functions on the days agenda and said know one should be in the room playing the piano.

the head house keeper and maid went to find out who the gent was, as they approached the room they heard the piano but as soon as they walked in the room the music stopped and know one was seen.

when asked what the gent looked like the maid gave a description of a man who played regular in the tea rooms but had been dead for at least 20 years. others have heard the piano too.

things go missing,put a cloth etc down turn around and it's moved or vanished. foot steps are heard on floors where there are no people, some rooms become instantly cold.

a lot of activity there it is very old tho.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

i no what u mean york is a verry haunted place some say its the most haunted city in the world not sure weather that is true or not but it would be interesting to hear a few other storys from people who have lived here or living here

top topics

join