It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Man from the Future" Arrested At CERN's LHC Escaped Custody -True Identity Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Daily Galaxy

Quote from source:

Last week The Daily Galaxy did a post about a would-be saboteur arrested on April 1 at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland who made the bizarre claim that he was from the future. Several of the Galaxy's readers took us to task for falling hopelessly for what appeared on the surface to be an April's Fool Joke.

But our Euro-based editor suspected that the so-called "April Fool's" timing was a cover, a clever ruse, indeed, a red herring planted by CERN authorities -stung by the recent bad press about the LHC creating incipient black holes that could destroy the planet- to cloak a much bigger and more terrifying story.

We also know that CERN authorities were upset last year when the Japanese physicist Masao Ninomiya and Danish string-theory pioneer Holger Bech Nielsen put forward the hypothesis that the Higgs boson was so "abhorrent" that it somehow caused a ripple in time that prevented its own discovery (more on this later).

So we dug deeper, ignoring that popular canard that when you find yourself in a hole, to stop digging.

I had to share this because this is so damn funny and amusing. The time traveler claimed that he was there from the future to stop the LHC from destroying the world. So wait, how could he be from the future if the LHC destroyed the world?

Amusing story for sure, and it is a amazing what kind of nuts jobs (or time travelers) come out of hiding to prevent technology that they have no idea about.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Lol i was thinking the very same thing. Even if he did go back in time somehow, he would be affecting an alernate timeline and his would still remain. I like stephen hawkings version of time travel and thats there are no time travellers simply because we havent met any yet. But who knows.
Funny story.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Ohh Jeeze! That was great, this was my favorite part:

Hugh McLeod's upcoming rendezvous with Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect later this week should prove momentous, if not historic. We expect we'll discover a not mostly harmless link between the hidden symbolism of Mountain Dew Code Red and the recent earthquake in Haiti and Indonesia, massive volcanic eruptions in Iceland and Chile, the mining disasters in China and West Virginia, and Newt Gingrich's decision to run for president in 2012.

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is awesome and one of my favorite books.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

That is funny. I guess if one thinks they are from the future, they are not gonna catch the part about coming from a future world that was destroyed as being contradictory.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I agree. The first thing I would say to someone that said the same thing he said, would be, well how are you here if this destroyed the future?

Funny though, you can't expect someone that thinks they are from the future to have a well thought out story.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Great premise, I would imagine though that if time travel were possible, there would have been the perfect attack. This guy apparently had the knowledge of the future on his side and got caught. No doubt the LHC raises some interesting questions but if it were really meant to be destroyed by a civilization from the future they simply would have had to go back even further in time to eliminate the source for the technology, because even if the time traveler were successful in his mission from the future, I would imagine that they(LHC scientists) simply would recreate it or switch testing to one of the many other similar labs until the big boy can get back online. What I think is funny about the whole theory is that this is simply creating the sub structure(or mapping) of the earths natural gravitational vacuum. These tests are a designed for a heck of a lot more than finding some "god particle"...at least that's how it looks to me anyhow.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Loved that part.

My favorite was:

He explained that he was looking for fuel for his 'time machine power unit', a device that resembled a kitchen blender.

I love that his time traveling machine, that allowed him to bend space and time resembled a kitchen blender.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Maybe not... you see, when he travels back in time, that isn't the past, its his present. Meaning, he only traveled in time conventionally, not personally.

Then you add in alternate realities, and the theory that when time traveling, your also dimension traveling.

So, maybe he knew it would happen here, came here, to tell us to stop. Something the time period and dimension he was already in, knew to do.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That part had me rolling too

Kinda reminds me of "Mr. Fusion" from Back to the Future part 2, especially since he was rummaging through trash bins

Even looks like a blender!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Maybe he wasnt traveling forward/backward in time, but rather, sideways in time. It's quite possible he was looking for Tachyons, to power a Tachyon Amplifier

Matt Lauer Can Suck IT!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i stopped reading at april 1st

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Too bad for you, it was rather entertaining and hilarious.

P.S. don't forget your towel

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
maybe they already have base on mars or moon on which he can go back

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe he traveled to the past just as the world was going to end? I don't know. Yeah. His story is kind of silly when you realize that if the world ended there's no way he could have traveled through time if the world was ended by the experiment.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Eloi Cole?

Subtle nods to both H.G. Wells "Time Machine" (Eloi and Morlocks) and James Cole, the time traveler from "12 Monkeys".

And, of course - can't forget the significance of the towel!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

"End Of The World" (tm) could mean so many things though!!

top topics

join