It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma lawmakers and Tea party discuss forming a militia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

So in other words, upset they have not got their way, some members of the Oklahoma legislature and tea-partiers want to play wannabe dictator and create a para-military group to force their own narrow view of the Constitution on everyone else.

That is the end-game of every arm-chair revolutionary here on ATS. It is not "restoring the country" or "protecting the Constitution". It is dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
this clown skunknuts has obviously never been to a mexican border state.

go ask new mexico if they appreciate their militia's. how bout arizona and texas where the state encouraged citizens to take up arms? why did they do that?

BECAUSE YOUR BELOVED FEDS ARENT DOING #$%^ ABOUT THE BORDER.

WHERES THE !@#$ IS THE NATIONAL GUARD????

OH THATS RIGHT ACROSS THE WORLD.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Replies have been all over the place (and I do thank people that have replied) but I think a deeper question of what is going on here has came to me.

If this should be allowed/endorsed by the OK Legislators, not only would this be the formation of a Tea Party Army, but would be a politically endorsed and sanctioned political centric militia.

People, myself included, were very apprehensive to Obama's mention of need to raise an army of civilians equal to or better armed and supplied than the US Army. The offhand opinion was Obama's SS. But would this not be the same thing?

The fact that the majority of legislators supporting the formation are Republicans seems to be a matching of Obama's idea before its creation.

While many militias have fairly homogeneous political views. Not many are formed on the basis of politics.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
not another one, we've formed a lot of jokes recently and forming another joke changes nothing. please stop it with these militia mumbo jumbo, it's not going to do anything to anyone.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

I sure hope there is at least one of those civil servants in Oklahoma that would alert the authorities if he/she gets a WHIFF of anyone about to morph from a pussified wannabe McVeigh to an actual copycat murderous traitor.

Best,
Skunknuts

Astute observation the biggest problem with these groups is their cocept of freedom. Freedom means free for all, that's America, that's what they don't understand. At some point your hard earned dollars may go to subsidise a lifestyle you don't approve of, but if your building militas to protect the last of some 'white' nation as our forefathers intended it s%%t don't bother, never has been, never will be.

Of course if the militia is built to protect your land because the FED isn't doing its job is altogether diffrent. I feel for people on the border states who have drug cartel all over their land. That's why we should immediately pull all troops back and station them around all borders. Hell even I'd pull duty on a real national guard, you know one that didn't pull 2 tours in Iraq

Watch the warns bro

[edit on 13-4-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

There is no need to form a militia but if they want to wallow in fear than they will get just that, fear.

They will form their own militia at their own expense because if they perform any violent acts, they will be destroyed.

It's not only stupid, it's suicide. Even if they had a little success, other countries would not recognize them as a legitimate movement.

Not to mention the task of financing a militia.

But, I hope they do join up so I can sit back and /popcorn.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Replies have been all over the place (and I do thank people that have replied) but I think a deeper question of what is going on here has came to me.

If this should be allowed/endorsed by the OK Legislators, not only would this be the formation of a Tea Party Army, but would be a politically endorsed and sanctioned political centric militia.

People, myself included, were very apprehensive to Obama's mention of need to raise an army of civilians equal to or better armed and supplied than the US Army. The offhand opinion was Obama's SS. But would this not be the same thing?

The fact that the majority of legislators supporting the formation are Republicans seems to be a matching of Obama's idea before its creation.

While many militias have fairly homogeneous political views. Not many are formed on the basis of politics.

the difference is one is voluntarily created, and the other is just obamas idea.

i mean if people from everywhere were readily jumping up to join obamas cause (fueled by pure motivation...not $$$) then it would be completely different.

ironically enough, they are voluntarily forming together to combat obamas ideas. that should say something about his ideas.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

When a state proclaims its independence from Federal rule. the Governer of that state is the the defacto "Commander in Chief" of assets within his / hers state, to included "hardstand" federal sites. National Guard, Air National Guard and Army Reserve Units and assets all come under the Governer's office. There will be more than enough assets (depending on the state) for a state to maintain its soverignity. Those states will have to do without Federal Funding but concider the State's Fiscal status if all residents paid their Federal Taxes to the State..most states wouldnt need Federal dole outs,,,
The big rub would be active duty officers with federal commissions from the President of the US, they would be left with the choice of resigning their federal commmsion or moving to another location.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
the federal government is quickly realizing it has no muscle to strongarm any of the states.

but the states have the ability to get their own muscle. this really is a lost cause on the federalists part. unless that cause is to merely start #.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Well that's because you're ignorant and filled with blind hate toward the Militia's. Like a good brain washed citizen, you believe what the media says instead of facts. For your information, the marriage between a man and woman is what's right and natural. Homosexuality is wrong and a homosexual marriage would be a joke. Seems you have a problem with that. Too bad, it's their state and they can do what they want. You also show you do not understand the power of the states. I bet you'd bend over happily for the federal government.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
another variable in the oklahoma situation is the Indian tribes. i could easily see them sideing with the state, which will create a myriad of problems for the feds.

the indians have even more sovereignty than the state, their own funding/resources/police force, and their own land.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If you go back and look at some of the cartoons of candidate Lincoln and Pres. Buchannan in 1860, you will find great similarities to the present viewpoint. After Lincoln became president, you will find even greater similarities in cartoons to Obama.

Further, the various discussions portrayed here in this virtual street corner or market place are the very discussions that happened on 19th century street corners and market places. People were considering seriously the idea of open rebellion, states forming militias to confront the rise in Federal powers, the possibility that if the next election did not go well... secession may be in the cards.

As stated before, all it takes is some sort of catalyst to ignite the wood pile. What would it be?

Maybe a Federal raid gone bad on a fundementalist Christian church compound...aka Waco.

Maybe a citizen wrongly confronted and shot for something as simple as a non-returned census form or not having health insurance... aka Ruby Ridge.

Maybe the government does take over peoples 401k accounts...a protest ensues, guns go off by accident or a miscommunication, people are televised dead in the streets shot down by fed officers or troops...aka Boston Massacre.

I don't know what the event will be, but there is so much fear-anger-suspicion, that bigger conflicts have started with such small events... (WWI started with a wrong turn and an ensuing gunshot) it would not take much. Again, 150 years later, its like 1860 all over again.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Thank you thank you thank you. We all thought it was funny calling people govt-paid trolls. It was cute. Knowing how much our rogue government wants to gun us down was cute. It was funny. Knowing that our little children might get killed by our rogue government is not so funny. Are you a human being? You know the govt is itching to open fire and looking for an excuse. Do they pay you to set fires? You would not have volunteered to be a guard at Auztwitz, however it's spelled. Why do you want to set up our children? War is heinous. Little, innocent ones being gunned down is heinous. We saw what happened at Waco, a government gone rogue. Do you think everyone believes the lies and coverups the govt comes up with? We are tying to live our lives here, knowing what a monster our government has become, walking on eggshells not to disturb the monster. SO YOU SIC THEM ON US? Who are you? Who's paying you. You are not a troll. You are a devil.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Hi guys,
Did anyone else here see this?

www.breitbart.com...

Apparently there is this hate group who is admitting to infiltrating Tea Party events posing as members of the movement, to make it look like the Tea Party is chock full of racists and nutjobs - could this be part of a government/NWO effort to suppress the Tea Party Movement by creating fraudulent bad press? Death by Soundbyte?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI

Originally posted by skunknuts

I sure hope there is at least one of those civil servants in Oklahoma that would alert the authorities if he/she gets a WHIFF of anyone about to morph from a pussified wannabe McVeigh to an actual copycat murderous traitor.

Best,
Skunknuts

Astute observation the biggest problem with these groups is their cocept of freedom. Freedom means free for all, that's America, that's what they don't understand. At some point your hard earned dollars may go to subsidise a lifestyle you don't approve of, but if your building militas to protect the last of some 'white' nation as our forefathers intended it s%%t don't bother, never has been, never will be.

Of course if the militia is built to protect your land because the FED isn't doing its job is altogether diffrent. I feel for people on the border states who have drug cartel all over their land. That's why we should immediately pull all troops back and station them around all borders. Hell even I'd pull duty on a real national guard, you know one that didn't pull 2 tours in Iraq

Watch the warns bro

I am sorry, I beg to differ with you. Oklahoma may not be a border state, so why does it care what the government does? You do realize that the Murrah Building bombing happened there. You do realize that the local population got news early about three other bombs besides McVeigh's. You do realize that people who pointed that out have since been tortured and murdered. You do realize that McVeigh was a government plant. The government does not like Oklahoma. Oklahomans who want to live are keeping their mouths shut. That does not mean that they love the government. They certainly know that the government does not love them. Yes the newspapers and TV news are sold out to the ptb. You must work hard to believe or pretend to believe government lies. Our esteeemed shadow government has deep Nazi ties. They think we have too many people on the planet. You think that is lost on Oklahoma?
Do you think the people in Oklahoma keep quiet because they don't want to be like McVeigh or to be accused of being like McVeigh. Have you heard of Terrance Yeakey?
About to receive the Police Dept Medal of Valor, he tortured himself, committed suicide then dragged himself into a field. His gun was found days later by Edmond Police Chief Bob Ricks, who was then FBI spokesman and was FBI spokesman at Waco.
Do you think that knowing that the Murrah Building bombing was a government job and that bombs were deliberately placed under the day care center, would endear the government to the people of Oklahoma.
One fellow who was found dead at his desk from the bombing, was seen rescuing people from the ruin, but somehow miraculously died in the explosion. Another who lost a grandchild at the daycare center was about to meet with someone and give information about the bombing on the way died in an airplane crash. Some of the 911 terrorists were actually residing in OKC at the time of the bombing but were quickly whisked out of the country by FBI. This is not conspiracy theory. The only conspiracy is the government conspiring to keep people in the dark about its heinous, criminal behavior.
Isn't it amazing that the government can spend so much money preparing to go after citizens who don't trust it, but also work hard to avoid investigating 911 or the Murrah Building bombing.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by m khan

I am a bit confused. Am I a devil for pointing out what is happening? Or are the perpetrators of this militia building a devil?

One the one hand, I am very for people to display a show of solidarity (and even a show of force) that enough is enough. That it is time the Feds back down to where they should be and restrain themselves to their job.

On the other hand, tempting fate by spitting in the eye of the beast is a little foolhardy.

Is it worth the risk? I would like to think so. I tend to operate on the principal of make sure you are right, then go ahead. Or measure twice, cut once in carpenter's terms.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have a question is there a date this alleged war between US Military and the Militia? When will the war start, and will the Militia be able to defeat the United States armed forces?

I just wonder when the Navy or Marines are rumored to begin the firefight and war against civilians?

What will the militia firepower do to defeat American army? when is the militia planning on attacking?

Why are you so paranoid and brainwashed by Alex Waco Jones

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Its sad that the teabaggers cannot win at the voting booth or with their ideas, so they want to use violence and shoot people instead. Its a lack of proper education and respect for a Democracy.

I think the teabaggers and druggie militia crowd have never read, understood, or been taught history and what this country stands for.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
And let's say there are 10,000 to 100,000 militian members in the US (Just a guess, have no idea)....do you think the others 330 million people are going to just let these people do whatever the hell they want? Do I really want Billy Bob or C-Bass resetting the tree of liberty?

Good God, no!

It amazes me that a small segment of the population feels they are the only group able to determine the course of our country and are willing to use illegal force to oust the democratically elected president and the entire governmental system with the intent of setting up what they feel works better.

What if the rest of America does not agree with YOUR idea of how things should be run?

What if other Americans also had to sit under a democratically elected president that they also didn't like, but didn't think the entire country needed to be overturned with bullets and blood and just made change through the democratic process of voting?

You aren't the only one, just the one not handling it maturely.

Your solution of grabbing some guns and kicking out the Presidents you didn't vote for is unpatriotic and anti-American.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
100,000 toothless militia members + Fix News+ Rush Scumbaugh+ Whiskey+ lack of education + homosidal rhetoric + teabagger biggotry + lots of guns =

Grant Total = many civilians dead, police shot, ALL OUT WAR

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join