It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Subliminal Messages in Terence McKenna Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
After listening to this i found everyone needs to listen. It calmed my heart and gave me trust, Terence Mckenna knew it ladies and gents he knew it..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was watching this video posted in a recent thread with interest, when I realized that there were subliminal messages being thrown in during the subway scene around 4:30. Not liking subliminal messages being shown to me without being aware of what they were saying, I did some rapid pausing and this is what I got:

Your life has no meaning
You're such a failure
You're so insignificant
Nobody likes you
What's the point of you being here
Why don't you slit yourself?
Why don't you make 2 slits?
Yeah... it's easy... go on

What the heck is up with this? Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Edit: NVM, completely misunderstood your post friend. I see what your talking about now.

Kind of strange I do have to admit...

~Keeper

[edit on 4/12/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I see the visuals you're talking about... I'm sure they're intentional.
Who actually made the video?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I listened to the section you spoke of, but I didn't hear anything in the background.

Oh, they're visuals! I'll watch closer & listen less this time, then post my opinion.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Update: consider that the name of the channel that video is posted on is: "murderd2death"

They state that video credits go to "archive.org", meaning that the person behind the account is grabbing video from there and editing it together.

I was going to first suggest that maybe it was a mistake and that the person making the video didn't realize those messages were there, but now I'm sure they did.

When video editing, you are forced to look at video many times, and in slow motion, so this person knew that stuff was in there. And with a name like "murderd2death", I think it's safe to say what their intentions are.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I'm sorry, I listened to the section you spoke of, but I didn't hear anything in the background.

Oh, they're visuals! I'll watch closer & listen less this time, then post my opinion.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Afterthought]

No they are actual words .. text in the video... haven't listened to the video are they in context with what the person is saying ?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
WOW!

OK, you're certainly correct & I don't know what kind of warped mind designed this video. I watched it the first time on the original thread that posted this video & it left me with an uneasy feeling. I didn't even watch the last minute or so before I paused it & moved on to another thread.

I'm sure there are more subliminals in the video, too. Did you notice any others?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The clip was made by Theduderinok from youtube and the "subliminal messages" are excerpts of a diffrent movie, to simply fill the video I guess. It is purely simbolic no need to worry.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

I have to disagree with you completely.
Based on your signature, you are probably partial to the video's messages & enjoy negative actions???

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
colloredbrothers,

Still, Dosent take away the fact it's very heavy man!

[edit on 12-4-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
At 6:00 minutes exactly, you can see on the medical chart that it contains the words 'thought insertion".

Coincidence?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Those aren't technically subliminals because we can actually see them.

I'm fairly certain they are a part of the material that was used in the video & not something the creator of the video edited in himself.

I think it's probably an unfortunate choice in video material. I tend to prefer these thing without visuals anyway, as I find it distracting.

I doubt there's any real sinister intent. Also you shouldn't really read too much into people's usernames or avatars.
Lot's of people on ATS have violent sounding usernames and/or violent looking avatars. (like Slayer69, for example)

this doesn't mean they are violent people or promote violent actions.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
just goes to show, you have to be careful what you expose yourself to. Honestly though I wouldnt have even noticed it if you hadnt pointed it out, unless i watched the video several times....but i think my subconcious would have noticed. wierd how you said you had a creepy feeling watching the vid before you noticed the messages. Lastly, why on earth would someone put such negative things to Terrance Mckenna....maybe its a conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

I can't agree with you. The first subliminals that were used in the theaters had split second words about Coke. Yes, technically you can't see them, but if the film reel had flubbed up & stopped at the precise second they were on the screen, everyone would've been able to see them.

Also, your comment about the avatars & such being violent. I have no problem with that. I was just linking what he had said with what his signature stated. I stand thoroughly behind my signature & for everything it signifies. My signature is taken from William Cooper's Behold a Pale Horse, which I have in my book collection & have read twice. I think it's about time I read it again.

Excuse me....for some reason I want to go slit my wrists now because I'm insignificant & my life has no meaning ....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yes I see them.............You have a good eye.

I wonder what the maker of the video was thinking. Was it intentional, I THINK SO!

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

No they are absolutely NOT in context with what Terrance is saying.
Terrence Mckenna is in my opinions 1 of the greater minds of our time.
To bad someone is misusing his message subblimina set our minds to such thinking.

RIP Terrence.

regards

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
that video is strange!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this vidio with Terrence, haven't seen it in some time, I have followed his work for years, he left us way too soon.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Highly creepy. It is a definite counterpoint to mcKenna's speech. Don't know what to make of it...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Just as a reminder for those not familiar with subliminal insertions, that not all subliminals are placed on the work project by the artist. Most often, the subliminal and Satanic phrases are placed there without the artists knowledge. It usually placed there by those in mixing and final editing of the work.

The video is the means to distribute evil. The better the video, the more likely that subliminals will be used. Much like a tick hanging on to the dog in order to feed. A parasite attempting to spread evil without anyone suspecting the real culprits. In fact, subliminals of this type are used in many other mediums.

Thanks for the posting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join