It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Mrs God???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In the Western countries the evangelical forms of Christianity encourage society to return to the heterosexual nuclear family. But this makes me wonder, where is this nuclear 1950's style family unit in The Bible? If Jesus is our greatest example in everything, then where is his wife? And before that in the Old Testament, where is Mrs God?
Are there vague references anywhere to a female energy in God or influencing Him?
I know the Gnostics and other mystic conspiracies within Christianity have interpretations on this (especially popularized by the Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown).
But mostly marriage advice is taken from OT polygamists, or "celibate" apostles.
So I'm very confused by this contemporary evangelism on gender relations as an ideal family unit, because I really don't see it anywhere.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I know this is partly meant tongue-in-cheek, but if you want a Biblical answer, the Church is Mrs God. "A bride adorned for her husband",as it says in Revelation. Similar thoughts in Hosea; "I shall betroth you to me in righteousness."

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There can be only one, God is the supreme being, the creator.

Besides, if there was a Mrs. God she'd be in the kitchen with all of the other good Goddesses doing chores and preparing dinner for their gods.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Surely jesus would be both male and female like all of us.

We all get caught up in this males must have a partner, whyy????

That is not to say that when he was alive, he must of thought about this stuff as peer pressure alone would.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Similarly tongue-in-cheek: Well, if the church is the bride, the Catholic church at least has some bling and a bit of an inheritance. Thus taking the bride metaphor to such human levels God might just choose Rome as his bride after all.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Mrs. God? If there was a Mrs. God she would have nagged him and for the time he spent creating the universe, she would have left him.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
There can be only one, God is the supreme being, the creator.

Besides, if there was a Mrs. God she'd be in the kitchen with all of the other good Goddesses doing chores and preparing dinner for their gods.

Oh really ???

Well I don't know about 'Mrs God' but on the Pagan Path we do have a 'Ms Goddess' ... and whilst she is all woman (as you would expect the 'divine feminine' to be) ... she is just as equal in the ranks as 'Mr God' !!!

Woody

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Depends on what perspective you are coming from...

If you are coming from the christian side, she is in heaven's kitchen baking cookies...

If you are talking about the mormon sect, she too is baking cookies - but with the other 1000 wives helping...

But the best guess would be she divorced that patriarchal chump a long time ago, and set up shop as mother nature...at least now she has a say.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Well , if you were a christian , which I am not , and you were also a 'blind-faither , which I am not , and if you took the bible as being literal , which I don't , then you would have to assume that Jesus was God's 'only begotten son ' ., which I don't .

And if you put further stock into this story , then Jesus was born of a virgin named Mary .

Therefore , Mary is the mother of Jesus , who is also somehow GOD in the flesh ... hmmmm.

So , with that line of reasoning , then Mrs. God would be Mary , while at the same time , she would also be God's mother ... hmmm .

Oh HEY ! There comes an angry mob and they all have some really BIG stones that they are throwing my way ... Gotta run ... meet me down at the bar , where this kind of talk is tolerated , and we will discuss this further ...

[edit to add] : see my thread 'The Easter Conspiracy' for a brief explanation of Mrs. God . Pay close attention to the 'Nimrod / Semiramis / Tammuz characters .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-4-2010 by okbmd]

[edit on 12-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

There is no god.

There is only a multitude of alien races who deposited us on this planet during slightly different times as a kind of social experiment. It's not working by the way.

The bible is a work of fiction written by many different people over dozens of years who took other stories from generations past and called them their own[ copyright infringement?
] in order to exert a certain amount of power over their desired readers. Eventually, Rome got ahold of it and decided which works of fiction out of the whole they should use to exert even MORE power over the masses

Think about it. It would be pathetic if it weren't so funny.

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Where is "Mrs God"?

I dunno, in the kitchen, making sammiches???

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

At least in the English translations we read of females first being created as a side-show to Adam.
However, I have heard that the original Hebrew in the first two verses calls "God" Elohim which is a female collective pronoun ("goddesses", actually).

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

She's staying out of the limelight because she's embarresed by what her old man has been up to.

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Well what I heard so far: Jesus has two daddies, yet comes from a single parent household. So why does the religious right always want to discourage such parents?
It might be funny, but it's not, because people are voting for what religion tells them the family should be, and STILL there is no reply from the believers on why they push what they do supposedly based on the Bible.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Alright, OK
let's not get complicated,
Mrs God is probably making those sandwitches after all.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The idea of god being either specificaly male or female, is a sign of the human limited thinking, as far as I'm concerned.
Why should a divine being have any sexe at all?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost......

ummm......Mrs. God is the Holy Ghost. The divine spirit that intertwines all of existance??

that would be my guess.

the Judeo-Chirstian religions have removed most of the evidences of any femine aspects of God a long time ago....
propably as they were going through their promised land wiping out the groups of people (mostly pagan goddess worshippers) from their inheritance.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynniver
The idea of god being either specificaly male or female, is a sign of the human limited thinking, as far as I'm concerned.
Why should a divine being have any sexe at all?

I think the thread is meant with tongue pressed firmly in cheek ... not specifically for deep theological and/or philosophical converse.

But just in case then you are absolutely correct ... God(dess) as in the 'source of creation' is an energy that has infinite elements ... two of which would naturally include traits of masculinity and femininity.

I was also about to correct you by saying there is no 'e' in sex(e) ... but of course that is a relative point.

Woody

[edit on 13-4-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
In the Western countries the evangelical forms of Christianity encourage society to return to the heterosexual nuclear family. But this makes me wonder, where is this nuclear 1950's style family unit in The Bible? If Jesus is our greatest example in everything, then where is his wife? And before that in the Old Testament, where is Mrs God?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by halfoldman]

Shekinah is know by some as the female aspect of god.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

There is no god.

There is only a multitude of alien races who deposited us on this planet during slightly different times as a kind of social experiment. It's not working by the way.

You can't prove any of that either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join