It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 (video) Preview - a look at the new ATS, coming soon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I totally love it! It still has its "old" feel to it, while making it more easy to navigate.

The ONLY thing i have to say negative about it, are the GREEN forum backgrounds. Like in the Recent Posts forum. Id love that to stay black- or dark grey- atleast in the Recent Posts Forum, please. Because I spend most of all my time on ATS looking at the Recent Posts forum, I dont want to be staring at a brighter color.

But other than that, looks wonderful cant wait to begin using it!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Looks like a lot of work, so thanks for trying to improve things!

I'm looking forward to the new look, and am glad that someone else has the job of trying to organize the multitude of topics and different areas on this gigantic site!

(If I could request one thing it would be to do away with the fact that merely touching the screen in any way opens up a pop-up. That really feels heavy handed. )

I work in QA so if you need people to find bugs let me know!

Jason Constantine

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I love it. Design looks great and that ATS Real-Time looks awesome!

Only issue: Do you think the menu bar is a little strong, seems rather big compared to the rest of the page?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
New to the site but just watched the vid, can't wait for the new layout!
So far I have really enjoyed everything this site has to offer!
The new verison and searching by flags is gonna be wicked.
Keep up the good work!
Thx!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thank's alot guys, now I am going to lose my job and my girl to this web site. I can't help it; it's so incredibly interesting.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Great job on commercializing conspiracy. It's only a matter of time before you have your TV channel.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by walking_virus]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This. Is. EPIC!

Can't wait for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i dig it,

nice work boys!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wow,

i'm blown away with all these new changes. Looks amazing!!

Well done to all involved. Must have been a heck of a lot of work.

Love the drag down menus and also the ability to list the threads by 'Flag Count' etc.

Brilliant job people!.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Looks good.

Could you put a 'log-in' button on the home page?

And could we see how many views a particular thread has?

[edit on 4/8/2010 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Looks great!!

Change is always welcome and if we can spice up the colors all the better.

ATS realtime: too addictive...

Pred...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Cool.
The surf music is bitchin.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually the music had a very Quentin Tarantinoish kind of feel to it. I felt like I was being led to the back area of some out of the way pawn shop for an epic sword fight. These changes and improvements will be great and I can't wait for them to be implemented! Great work gentlemen!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What's going to be the deal with contribution levels? Still going to remain the same? I noticed the bars are different, sort of actual...bars, lol.

I really like the new design though, it looks good.

The BTS & ATS merge though
I was hoping that wasn't going to happen... but from what it looks like, it *may* turn out OK. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Overall
Good job

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I love the new look !!! I think it will be very easy to navigate and I am still hopeing for that "save to favorites" button. When i want to go back to something I read previously, I can never find it again. Great work guys,
Magantice

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Bad ass!!

Watching that video, I only saw improvements; way to go, hurray for progress!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Outstanding bit of work.

A lot of thought and dedication has gone into this update.

The real time update is a wonderful feature. It will open up new avenues for many people and allow a greater perspective as to what is currently going on in ATS.

To have WATS back is just superb. This has surely got to make people want to contribute the best they can offer. WATS is going to be a monument for all those who give their utmost to the freedom of information, their ideas, thoughts and opinions.

jkrog08 is on that list, and rightly so.

Yet again ATS has gone above and beyond the call of duty and must surely be a leader and ground breaker in the way people view and use the internet.

Well done Bill and everyone else involved.

Can't wait to get my teeth stuck into the new setup.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Looks good, i do notice some excellent data mining incorporated into the site which would make life far more easier and readily accessible.

Good Work

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by walking_virus
Great job on commercializing conspiracy. It's only a matter of time before you have your TV channel.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by walking_virus]

Auditions will be held next week on Monday at the following coordinates
37°49′36″N 122°25′24″W / 37.826667°N 122.423333°W / 37.826667
www.earthspots.com...

...Be there at 6am to be in first
and dont forget to bring your stage mom along for support, it can be nerve wrecking.....

Would u prefer to pay for membership ? Im sure the owners only focus is to slave away on a web site for free so you have somewhere to complain...best place for that is still your parents basement I suggest

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Seconded, the return of WATS is most definitely a welcomed return.

For those unfamiliar, WATS allowed the membership to have 3 votes each month for what they thought was the best post. One way to think of it is to give what you feel is an applause to a member's single post. Much different than just a star or a flag for the OP.

Often we hear the complaint that poster quality has gone downhill over the years. That the rewards are only for those that start a thread no matter how innocuous of an opening post. The argument has always been that the contributers of the thread is what makes of breaks a topic. WATS can prove that point, that is if WATS is the way it was and has not been redesigned as well.

For those that are better known for their replies than their thread creation, it is a very welcomed return.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join