It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Tripping Cop Tasers Person For Getting Their License Out Too Slowly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
Well, we all know you are a cop. No bias there.

Do you post on ATS while you are on duty?

I have no bias...just more experiance in REALITY and what actually goes on rather then feed of BS news articles, rumors, and hearsay. I look at facts and EVERYTHING involved...I don't get tunnel vision and spew stupidity because I let my emotions take over. Obviously you, like so many others, aren't smart enough to see what i said back on page 2. I disagreed with the use of the taser...but you wouldn't know that, because again you would rather just make comments WITHOUT all the facts and understanding.

As a matter of fact I do sometimes....and? Oh yeah thats right...good little workers like yourself NEVER do anything on company time...I keep forgetting you guys are perfect and devote your entire day to your company...never taking 5 or 10 minutes to smoke, joke, etc....I'll try to be more like you in the future boss.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I'm self employed. If I don't work, I don't get paid. Must be nice to post pro-cop propaganda on the internet on the taxpayers dime. Your fired.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Pro-Cop Propaganda...please point out where? If being fair and understanding what actually happens out here, good or bad, is propaganda then I am guilty...

Thanks I need a break after 9 years of this, just make sure you approve my unemployment...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

You know the little saying, to catch a crook, you have to think like a crook?

Well, to catch a cop, you've got to think like a cop.

It's all about authority. Cops HATE to be reminded that they have to answer to the public.

And surely, videos showing abusive, wreckless cops does nothing to their reputation but make them look like bad boys, bad boys.

But, thinking like a cop, maybe that's what they want. Maybe they want citizens to fear them. They love it when people run from them, because it shows that people are afraid of them, and thats the way they like it.

It's a shame, because a good cop is a useful person. Unfortunately, the good cops don't last long. I've witnessed an old friend of mine get fired and badmouthed from the police because she stood up against the Sheriff who got a DUI, pulling over a citizen. The Sheriff is still the Sheriff.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
It's all about authority. Cops HATE to be reminded that they have to answer to the public.

I have had to answer to the public for 9 years and I don't mind one bit. Your ASSUMING we mind because 1 out of 100, and usually its your young officers, doesn't like it. I have ZERO problems answering any questions, but I expect those asking to know what is all involved and understand what actually occured, so when we DO talk about it, they haven't already made a final decision...without all the facts.

And surely, videos showing abusive, wreckless cops does nothing to their reputation but make them look like bad boys, bad boys.

I agree...I hate seeing videos of outright bad cops...couldn't agree more. The problem is there are many videos where the incident was handled correctly or maybe alittle aggressive, but FAR FAR FAR from wrong or brutal, but the mindset of someone who does NOT deal with such situations thinks its out of line, when in fact it isn't.

But, thinking like a cop, maybe that's what they want. Maybe they want citizens to fear them. They love it when people run from them, because it shows that people are afraid of them, and thats the way they like it.

Wrong...well, maybe some cops do...again in my 9 years its usually less experianced ones who may feel this way. IMO, having the people on your side makes the job MUCH MUCH MUCH easier and more of a pleasure. I deal with complete scumbags in the unit I work right now. I used to deal with them when I worked SVU and Narctotics, but when i was on patrol it was nice talking to business owners and people just to shoot the s--- and they would be more than happy to help if something bad happened. So I don't anyone but true criminals to fear me......if you got a broken taillight and I pull you over...don't fear me..just let me tell you whats up so you can drive on, but if your out robbing and stealing, etc...you better fear me, cause your a@@ is the one on my radar.

It's a shame, because a good cop is a useful person. Unfortunately, the good cops don't last long. I've witnessed an old friend of mine get fired and badmouthed from the police because she stood up against the Sheriff who got a DUI, pulling over a citizen. The Sheriff is still the Sheriff.

I am guessing this was a small S.O.?

[edit on 4/8/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I hate cops so much. I would never get out of a car or do anything they say to me. I dont Stand under them, Nor do I stand under Law of the Sea. The United states and canada can only Take you in court under Law of the Sea, They do not control the law of the land like they like to tell people in the media. They have an agreement with the native peoples of the lands.

screw cops they cant do # unless you let them. An upriseing will soon happen

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Now as some of you know, I usually side with the brass. Not because I agree with them or what they do, but because I know they're human and make mistakes.

In this case, I was outraged.

I felt the pain and frustration of the man on the ground. That IS NOT a good enough reason to deploy a taser on someone... to me it seemed like the cop was acting like a school yard bully, using excessive force just because the guy questioned him since he was being a dick.

You could hear that the cop was already in a bad mood about something, the first words that came out of his mouth were not showing courtesy or respect. If I had been in the same situation I would have been so pissed, unfortunately I have a eastern european temper when pushed to the limit, I probably would have used my combat training to disarm him and taze him right back! Of course that would be a bad idea, and would land me in prison...

I feel sorry for this guy, if he had no prior arrest record, he now has a blemish that will forever make people think differently of him if he tries to obtain a high security clearance.

I really think that this day and age we should all have our own recording/video devices on us at all times. Not just to use as defense against police over stepping, but also for car accidents, assaults, basically anything where it will be your word against theirs. Video evidence is pretty damning.

with good honest LEO's

with thuggish, abusive ones

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725
When I get stopped I try to have them ready to make it easier for the officer.

Go ahead and keep doing that. Just remember this when you yourself get tazed because the cop thought you were looking for a weapon.

Always wait until the cop asks you for this information and then say to the cop that you are about to reach into your pocket/glovebox etc. to retrive the information.

Otherwise you get tazed. As seen here.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Prime-Vector

Good point

Actually I was thinking, this is a prime example of why my attorney tells me to just not say anything when talking to a cop.

He always tells me, "When confronted by a cop, just SHUT UP. You do NOT have to do ANYTHING. You have to simply identify yourself, and thats it. You DO have the RIGHT to remain SILENT. Dont let the cops trick you into getting upset and giving them a reason to arrest you."

Just sit there and ignore them, if they are yelling and mistreating you, although not illegal, patiently get their badge number, name, and write down every bit of information you can before you forget.

Then hire an attorney if you can afford it. We all know filing a complaint will get you no where....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I always enjoy hearing your input on matters like this.

I tend to agree with you, and its very heartwarming to see there are good cops out there, just trying to make a difference.

Ive had great run ins with police, who truly left me as a fan, and someone greatful for their services.

Then of course, I had one or two bad experiences with complete and utter A-holes, and my opinion changed.

Its like that saying goes, it takes "10 compliments just to erase one insult"

It only takes one bad cop to make people start feeling ill will towards LE

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is the second time in a few years that these two people have been caught doing the exact same thing. What's the odds!

Oh wait... Same thing
My bad.

Here's what I said in 2009 about it..

Here is a picture of the ex-officer, Oconnor -

And here's one of the lady Mr Snelling.

He was initially cleared of any wrong doing, but was later suspended for 3 days.

Oconnor also claims that he felt he was in danger of being 'pushed into on coming traffic' by Snelling, and that he was suffering some medical problem at the time as he had not eaten since the morning, which he states "...when this happens, I become more agitated..."

PDF File - Occonor complains at being suspended for 3 days
Link

Im glad this menace is off the streets.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just imagine how this could have gone down if there was no video to record the police brutality. People have died from being tazed. Can you imagine having your spouse killed by some violent cop just because he didn't move fast enough for him?

I once had a cop pull a gun on me for doing a slow-and-go at a stop sign. He lied and said that I tried to get out of the car. Fortunately for me there was a phone repair crew watching the whole thin. They backed me up and the worthless excuse of a cop was suspended without pay for a week. I never sued because it goes against my grain, but I probably should have.

I saw this same cop drive by my house in his own car several times, intentionally trying to intimidate me.

There needs to be much harsher punishment for cops who abuse their authority.
I've told my kids that there is no such thing as "Officer Friendly" and to never trust the police.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Ugh

-A car with no rear license plate is suspicious

-A person stalling and digging around for his ID may be trying to dig out a weapon, we can't see whats going on in the car

-Upon being asked to go to the back of the vehicle the person becomes confrontational on the side of the freeway, cop does not want to wrestle the person and risk both of their lives (notice the cars zooming by and realize that people frequently crash into what they are looking at on the side of the road)

I think that cops use tasers in dumb situations a little too often, but I would have done the same thing. The person was not tased because they were taking too long to get out the license but for for being confrontational in a dangerous situation.

Argh I can't spell

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Raustin]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Raustin]

You have to be kidding me. You are a apologist for stupid people is what you are, stupid person here being the cop. Unfortunately there are lots of people like you out there. Lets see all you have to be a cop is have a high school diploma which the majority of them do. But for some unknown reason lots of people think cops are some type of walking genious/mini god.

-You dont know the circumstance of not having a rear license plate. my mom got in a fendor bender and got bumper work done. she didnt have a rear license plate for about a month. I guess my 5ft 100lb mom would be firstly considered a criminial by your standards.

-Lets see, nice car, can talk and complete coherent sentences(unlike officer here) Im not sure what reason he would have for her to be looking for a weapon besides you trying to justify what just happened. Cops I agree have to be on there toes (my dad was a cop then sheriff until he died so I know what im talking about) but this is just idiotic of you saying "omg everythings cool she could of had a 9 mil in there". Give me a break.

-First off it was uncalled for that the cop told the person to get out of the car in that situation. Over nothing on the side of the busy highway. The cop not only put the drivers life in danger but his own in danger. The cop was lucky the person didnt fall in the direction of on coming traffic or fall and bump the cop into oncoming traffic. If you watch the video the cop is the first one to lay hands on the person again for nothing.

Im glad you are not a cop because it doesnt look like you have the reasoning skills or logical understanding of what a good cop should do or act like. It doesnt matter what you would have done it matters what the right thing to do it. There is no time limit to get your license out. Everyone is not automaticly a criminial. They are allowed to ask questions. Please for the sake of civilians never get any job that gives you any power, or there will be another trigger happy mini god genious cop with a highschool diploma running around.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

I always enjoy hearing your input on matters like this.

I tend to agree with you, and its very heartwarming to see there are good cops out there, just trying to make a difference.

Ive had great run ins with police, who truly left me as a fan, and someone greatful for their services.

Then of course, I had one or two bad experiences with complete and utter A-holes, and my opinion changed.

Its like that saying goes, it takes "10 compliments just to erase one insult"

It only takes one bad cop to make people start feeling ill will towards LE

I appreciate it WD....

As for the 10 compliments to erase 1 insult....how true. And I agree...bad cop experiences have bled over into when I dealt with people. I simply tell them I am not the officer from their past and they need to calm down, take a breath and start from square one with me...98% of the time this works and there is no issues....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
it' just a good thing This cop didn't stop This guy.
Caution, a wee bit of bad language, but funny just the same. This cop should have tased him.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
American cops are a joke in my opinion, they have guns and tasers and they still manage to cock things up.

The fact of the matter is that american cops just like the american army despite what the patriot chest beating badge kissers say are poorly trained or something?

Now european cops on the other hand deal with life threatening situations on a daily basis and do it with bare hands.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Looks like that officer should be tested for amphetimine or steroid abuse. His behavior shows classic abuse symptoms: poor judgment, short temper, swift , unnecessary escalation, paranoia. I'd like to see an automatic drug screen on any officer who uses a taser or other weapon.

This guy obviously has emotional problems if he can't handle a simple traffic stop without tasing someone. I'm sorry, but police must be held to higher standards than this.

Too bad those who are so down on unions won't push to bust police unions, too. For every bad or incompetent teacher wrongly protected by their union, there seems to be a dozen cops who should be dismissed that are shielded by their unions. Cops shouldn't be allowed to form unions in my opinion unless they do something other than protect criminal cops and extort money from the public purse.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh what do we have here? Another stinking pig terrorizing people with his pain compliance toy.

Not only should they have suspended him for 3 days, but they should have let the victim taze him back, right in front of his family and loved ones just to show him what he's subjecting people to.

I'm so sick and tired of these gorillas doing this to people just because they can.

And cops wonder why most people hate them now.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by mackey1224uk
and yes they should all be tainted with the same brush. Most of them are SCUMBAGS..

Oh so your admitting your a rapist, murderer, child molestor, thief, and scumbag then? Guess you just haven't been caught yet...

I mean lets see, there were 134,678 rapes reported last year, 16,231 murders, 26,988 child molestations, and 2,897,844 reports of theft....according to US Crime States...that means I can say EVERY citizen in the US is one of the above....gotta be right...according to you, all people should be tainted with that wide brish in your hand!

You say I'm admitting to be such & such. I just haven't been caught yet. I think the word GIMP & SAD comes to mind for you trying to prove you're point

Does every US citizen have something in common with the above, NO THEY DONT....and if they did it would be a criminal record and yes people would taint them all with the same brush. A criminal record is a criminal record.

Do all cops have something in common, YES THEY DO. To swear an oath to serve and protect. Something yet Ive still to witness.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join