It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Tripping Cop Tasers Person For Getting Their License Out Too Slowly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well I was trying to restrain myself from popping out the race card but what the heck. The only reason I think this officer was suspended is that the driver made a comment about race.

I really want people to at least TRY to understand what cops go through. They have to walk up to a car, with no idea about the the drivers intent, mental condition, or past history, and make snap decisiosons to protect not only themselves but the passengers, bystanders and party they are investigating.

The serve and protect here are evident to me. The officer was serving the public when he made the very astute decision to pull over a car with no rear license plate. That is suspicious. Maybe he thought it was YOUR car, and wanted to make sure you got it back. I saw him protect not only himself, but also the driver when he decided to use the taser. I'm really not joking about the propensity for drivers to follow their sight into a cop car or car on the side of the road.

AND YET AGAIN I will point out that you have NO IDEA what prompted the officer to request the driver step out of the vehicle. It is easy to say he was on a power trip, but you did not see what he saw.

I believe that he was suspended because he tased an African American who pulled out the race card. I would bet if the responding officer was African American, there would not have been a suspension.

Pretend your Mom, Dad or sister was the arresting officer. Would you rather them tase a belligerent fool, or risk fighting them on the side of a highway?

I admit that the cop sounds like a jerk. Let me ask you this though; If the lady at the DMV told you she couldn't process your order would you throw a tantrum? Even if you did, Would you then act aggressive and violent towards her? On the side of a busy highway? And could you blame her for wishing to protect herself from approaching traffic?

Edit to add: Some have mentioned how calm the cop was after the driver was tased. This is very telling. If he had screamed, kicked, or initiated another shock to the driver I would most likely be defending a different party.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You wonder why people, Black & White, "from all back-rounds" hate police. This is only one of many reasons. This cop should be fired and charged with assault on this poor guy.

There meant to protect the people, not abuse them or their position. To me this cop is worse than a criminal and I'm sure there are plenty more as#holes just like him.

Law enforcement, what a joke. Now I'm starting to understand the so called term Law ENFORCER.

I hope this guy, gets his day in court to sue this policeman.

Shame on the police....and yes they should all be tainted with the same brush. Most of them are SCUMBAGS..

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If this cop has a "medical condition" that leads to him tazering people, he should be on disability and not able to work in a position that grants him authority.

I also think there was some racial profiling in this incident.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Well I was trying to restrain myself from popping out the race card but what the heck. The only reason I think this officer was suspended is that the driver made a comment about race.

did you really just??? no.. let me read it again... YES YOU DID...
you are the one that is coming off racist here...

I really want people to at least TRY to understand what cops go through. They have to walk up to a car, with no idea about the the drivers intent, mental condition, or past history, and make snap decisiosons to protect not only themselves but the passengers, bystanders and party they are investigating.

once again, this is a two way street. what if the average citizen used the same form of thinking? "gee, some cops are bad and will use a taser and throw me in jail, where I will remain for the next 4 days (it is a holiday weekend), so to protect myself, i will just shoot him in the face"... like i said, it is a two way street... a few criminals mixed in with the citizens does not make every citizen a threat to a police officers safety.

The serve and protect here are evident to me. The officer was serving the public when he made the very astute decision to pull over a car with no rear license plate. That is suspicious. Maybe he thought it was YOUR car, and wanted to make sure you got it back. I saw him protect not only himself, but also the driver when he decided to use the taser. I'm really not joking about the propensity for drivers to follow their sight into a cop car or car on the side of the road.

lets see, he protected his ego, and served some voltage... yea, he protected and served alright... If he was worried about the traffic, like i stated earlier, THERE IS A PASSENGER SIDE OF THE VEHICLE... If he did get hit by another vehicle, it would be because of his own stupidity...
Look REAL close to the back window. you see that license plate in the lower drivers side corner? True, by law, that is not the place for it, but chances are this driver was not aware of this fact.

AND YET AGAIN I will point out that you have NO IDEA what prompted the officer to request the driver step out of the vehicle. It is easy to say he was on a power trip, but you did not see what he saw.

yes we do know why? did you not read the article? he was having a bad day (pissed at the world because he is having to work on thanksgiving), and he had low blood sugar. HE ADMITTED THIS. What are you not understanding here?

I believe that he was suspended because he tased an African American who pulled out the race card. I would bet if the responding officer was African American, there would not have been a suspension.

is your hatred really that deep??? i am sorry dude...

Pretend your Mom, Dad or sister was the arresting officer. Would you rather them tase a belligerent fool, or risk fighting them on the side of a highway?

rewatch the video. who is the "belligerent fool"?

I admit that the cop sounds like a jerk. Let me ask you this though; If the lady at the DMV told you she couldn't process your order would you throw a tantrum? Even if you did, Would you then act aggressive and violent towards her? On the side of a busy highway? And could you blame her for wishing to protect herself from approaching traffic?

what the $%# are you talking about??? made zero sence...

Edit to add: Some have mentioned how calm the cop was after the driver was tased. This is very telling. If he had screamed, kicked, or initiated another shock to the driver I would most likely be defending a different party.

If there were no dash cam. what do you think he would have done? I know the answer.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Ugh

-A car with no rear license plate is suspicious

-A person stalling and digging around for his ID may be trying to dig out a weapon, we can't see whats going on in the car

-Upon being asked to go to the back of the vehicle the person becomes confrontational on the side of the freeway, cop does not want to wrestle the person and risk both of their lives (notice the cars zooming by and realize that people frequently crash into what they are looking at on the side of the road)

I think that cops use tasers in dumb situations a little too often, but I would have done the same thing. The person was not tased because they were taking too long to get out the license but for for being confrontational in a dangerous situation.

Argh I can't spell

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Raustin]

What, are you a cop?

Cops all over the country, and world, are infested with murdering, stealing thugs, and they hide under the fraternity, which protects them, because cops are a tool of the New World Order. Common folk are FED UP with cops.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I would recommend everyone invest in one of these ANTI TASER shirts:

www.thinkgeek.com...

This will short out the taser and most likely shock the PIG himself instead. YEAH.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
I'm wondering if the driver has a civil case against the officer.
That just doesn't seem right.

na the police can murder you and they just make it all up.

I have been suffering from them for 18 years.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ugh

-A car with no rear license plate is suspicious

-A person stalling and digging around for his ID may be trying to dig out a weapon, we can't see whats going on in the car

-Upon being asked to go to the back of the vehicle the person becomes confrontational on the side of the freeway, cop does not want to wrestle the person and risk both of their lives (notice the cars zooming by and realize that people frequently crash into what they are looking at on the side of the road)

I think that cops use tasers in dumb situations a little too often, but I would have done the same thing. The person was not tased because they were taking too long to get out the license but for for being confrontational in a dangerous situation.

Argh I can't spell

I usually side with the "perps" in these examples but I want to thank you for presenting perfectly logical explanation as to why things occurred as they did in this instance.

It's actually too bad the cop said anything about the need to go to another call or low blood suger. He didn't have to explain anything more than what you did.

Jason

[edit on 8-4-2010 by hthjason]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Take a moment and ask yourself...is getting into a physical confrontation wise next to a 3 lane highway were the speed limit is 65mph and 4000lbs cars and 50,000lbs semi's are going by? You see where that is going to end bad for one or both involved.

That's ridiculous, they were on the side lane
Neither of them were in danger

Only someone without a driver's license would be scared in that situation.

I disagree, I've seen videos of people getting clipped on the same spot the cop was standing. That is clearly a dangerous spot for any pedestrian.

Jason

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
nope, gonna side with the cop here.

the guy first off slapped the whatever on the cop, then did that fake in your face move.

the cop perhaps overreacted but only slightly...at best, he deserved his boss to tell him to breath a bit...or not, frankly, I have little sympathy for the guy...very dodgy circumstances..

A cop is not required to be a moronic keystone cop..this guy was acting dodgy and then threatening...good taze bro

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
Common folk are FED UP with cops.

Common folk ARE the cops.

You think cops are dirty? become one...be the change...no doubt no matter how honest you are, there will be people moaning about how you are a nwo murdering stooge once you do.

because its easy to hate authority...it requires zero empathy, training, and logic.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Personally, I am not a cop, and I have been pulled over many times for stupid reasons and not-so stupid reasons that all in all make me not too fond of the Police.

That being said....

If you do not have a rear license plate, the cop can not ID your car before he gets out. At the onset he does not know if this is a stolen car, the registered owner is a wanted felon, etc, etc. Delaying getting your ID is just stupid.

In the ID/Insurance card debate, if you get it before he comes up to the car, and he accuses you of shuffling and hiding something. "No Officer, I was getting my license, etc". That is all you need. If he insists you were hiding something let him search your car because you should have NOTHING to hide, right? I can only see someone who normally has something to hide making that argument.

And as always, do what the officer tells you. Maybe he was a bit hasty but the driver was completely at fault for this video and got what he deserved.

The driver should be happy this is not the '90s and he didn't get dragged out of the car and beaten.

Pertaining to the second video of the officer being killed, that is not the only video like that. Those things happen all the time and I take it none of you watch cops or police chase shows or what have you. A MAJORITY of those videos with high-speed chases or a fight/gun battle start off with a simple traffic stop for an expired registration or a tail light out and happen within the first handful of seconds when the cop approaches the door.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk
and yes they should all be tainted with the same brush. Most of them are SCUMBAGS..

Oh so your admitting your a rapist, murderer, child molestor, thief, and scumbag then? Guess you just haven't been caught yet...

I mean lets see, there were 134,678 rapes reported last year, 16,231 murders, 26,988 child molestations, and 2,897,844 reports of theft....according to US Crime States...that means I can say EVERY citizen in the US is one of the above....gotta be right...according to you, all people should be tainted with that wide brish in your hand!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Common folk ARE the cops.

You think cops are dirty? become one...be the change...no doubt no matter how honest you are, there will be people moaning about how you are a nwo murdering stooge once you do.

Sorry, I have no intention of being thrust behind the Blue Wall, and meeting some unfortunate accident as soon as I blow the whistle.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The Major would like to use a taser when someone moves too slow. Particularly when the slowness is measured in years. The Major must salute the Commies for getting on the story a year after it happened. The Major would also like to point out that the police were none too happy about it. The Major is sure that the troops remember this happened in 2006. The Major is also sure that the troops remember they took to beating this same expired equine last year.

Now that the Major has firmly established the criteria of what slow actually is; the Major will adjourn to the range to keep his skills in the lethal projection of force as sharp as ever. The Major feels tasers and their use is quite overrated.

Dismissed.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Granted, I don't see the reason for the taser. However, in defense of this 'very bad decision' by this officer, it was a LOT longer than one second. You make it sound by your post that he went up asked for the license and then tased the victim right after he asked. Which is NOT what happened at all.

First, he answered her question up front. He explained why he pulled her over (though 70 in a 65 in Austin is pretty slow). He explained that she had a plate on the front of the vehicle but not on the back.

He explained this and yet the driver INSISTED on questioning him more even though the passenger said to just give him the license. Which would have avoided the entire conflict.

Did he act too fast? Sure. But the driver did NOT help matters at all with the questions and demanding. The officer already told the driver why he pulled them over and requested the information he needs to verify that she is who she says she is and that the car isn't stolen. No plates is VERY suspicious.

Then when she does get out he shouts for her to move to the back of the vehicle. This isn't because he is power tripping. Have you driven on Texas freeways? I have had the unpleasant experience. The drivers are extremely aggressive and like I already said, 70 is pretty dang slow. It was for both of their safety but NO. She refuses and begins to confront him on the side of the road. Instead of risking his and her life with the chance of being pushed into traffic he made a bad call and tasered her.

So a 3 day suspension in this case seems proper. Nothing more. Nothing less. For anyone calling for his badge and on and on and on (which I'm sure there will be further down this thread), they need to stop wearing the 'hate all cops' glasses and view this video impartially.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
THIS video is more like it. I want to see a lot more videos like this one. If all you pigs are so afraid of everyone you pull over, how come we see about a thousand videos of pigs tazing little old ladies etc. and only ONE of someone on a traffic stop actually taking it out on the cop?

Obviously you need to learn how to do some research. You think this is the only video of a cop being shot by a scumbag? There are THOUSANDS out there....

THIS pig started SCREAMING at the guy immediately and demanding he get out of the car while the pig sat in his car. That right there is really weird. THen he commenced SCREAMING at the guy from the first second.

Since your obviously not bright enough to research the above, I shouldn't expect you to know this traffic stop was here in Georgia and the driver was stopped because he just beat the crap out of his wife and threatned to kill her with the same rifle in the truck. That means you WILL NOT approach and treat this guy like you would someone with a taillight out....but of course again you wouldn't know this, or care to know this because your very small brain can only focus on calling a dead cop a pig and a murderer a feeman...

The sovereign citizen apparently assumed the cop was insane and about to attack him, starting with pulling him over for no reason

What it must be like to be completly
! Sure he stopped him for ZERO reason...yeah thats it. Even if I didn't just share with you the real reason why, there is always a reason for conducting a traffic stop. Sure you may not like why, but legally there has to be PC or ARS.

and then screaming at him to get out of the car while pointing a gun at him.

Revert back to why he was stopped and what occured before this traffic stop...or wait maybe your a wife beater who thinks its ok to do so and thats why your on this scumbags side????

Being a properly armed sovereign, he gets out his gun to protect himself, NOT HIDING IT AT ALL. The pig starts unloading on him immediately, about ten shots at the guy and can't hit a barn door from ten feet away.

So not only have you proven your not smart enough to research, but your blind too. The officer fired ONE shot before the suspect fired back at him. That means he DIDN'T "unload" on him. As for "immediately" as you put it, I hear NUMEROUS warnings as the guy is holding the rifle and ZERO shots...its not until the rifle is completly out of the truck and about to be pointed at the officer that I hear the first shot...so again...way to go genius! As for your wise crack about hitting a barn door...spoken just like a true
who has never been in a firefight...nor understand what happenes to the body when this type of dynamic situation occurs.

THen the freeman shoots back to defend himself. This is legal. One less stupid cop. Good job, freeman.

Thank you for pointing out and making it EASY to see your opinions on ATS are worthless...now only if we could somehow have one less stupid ATS member...

EDIT TO ADD:: The Deputy in the video was Kyle Dinkheller, and he worked for the Laurens County S.O....he was 22. The driver is on death row.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

because its easy to hate authority...it requires zero empathy, training, and logic.

How quickly you forget that cops work for the people.

It is cops who hate the peoples authority.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Well, we all know you are a cop. No bias there.

Do you post on ATS while you are on duty?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join