It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There's no proof that most pharmaceutical drugs work as intended, but that doesn't stop doctors handing them out like smarties. I haven't been feeling well for a long time now. I've been to numerous doctors who are not interested in addressing the root cause of my bad health, but are only too happy to prescribe drugs based on an assumption of what might be wrong with me. When these drugs don't work, it's back to the doctors for more drugs. Is it any wonder that I can no longer be bothered with doctors.

Anyway I decided to try Lugol's iodine after reading about it and it's been 4 months now and I'm feeling better than I did before. Most claims about the ill effects of health supplements come from scientists who work for pharmaceutical companies and that in itself speaks volumes about their lack of credibility. Don't rely on doctors or scientists. If you care about you're health, the best thing you can do is educate yourself.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by kindred]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am curious about NASCENT IODINE. Does anyone on the board have experience? Is it a better form of iodine to supplement with? Or is it just hype?

thanks,

Sri

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

First time I've actually heard about it. Here's some info and links.

Nascent Iodine is a scientific term for iodine where the iodine molecule has the diatomic bond broken and has a high amount of electromagnetic energy associated with it. During the two to three hours of activation time (within the human body, once diluted in water and consumed), the Nascent Iodine atom has the ability to be of assistance to the body.

This form of iodine is produced by subjection of a 1 percent tincture of iodine to a high electromagnetic field for a given time in order to produce the Nascent Iodine state. This atomic state and electromagnetic charge is held by the atom until diluted in water and consumed.

Once diluted and inside the body, this atom is readily absorbed and utilized by the body. This charged atom of iodine starts a process where it gradually loses its energy over two to three hours. During this time, the body recognizes this atom as the same Nascent Iodine it produces in the thyroid in order to make the T3 and T4 hormones.

The atomic iodine is perhaps the least toxic and least irritating of all the iodine formulas available.

The quality that separates Nascent Iodine from all other iodine products is that the diatomic bond is broken with each atom, keeping one of the two electrons that had made up the covalent bond. This is known as homolytic cleavage, and it causes the iodine atom to be subject to magnetic charging. The iodine being in the atomic state was the reason it was called Atomidine, for Atomic Iodine (1926 to 1935). This atomic state and large electromagnetic charge is held by the atom until it is diluted in water, where it then rapidly loses its charge.

Nascent Iodine is a complete atom—no extra electrons, none missing.

www.leaflady.org... Review
www.magneticclay.com...
www.purezing.com...
www.naturodoc.com...
curezone.com...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by kindred]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If you get enough Iodine, You don't need to fear fluoride anymore because Iodine will Cleans our bodies from Fluoride for good

[edit on 8-5-2010 by masonicon]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I only have one thing to say to that, make sure you are not allergic to it before even trying this. They gave me a CAT scan and found out I was allergic, I hate to say it but by then it was to late, I had a heart attack and a stroke at the age of 15 due to having iodine put in me for a CAT scan, so be careful. They wont even allow me to take meds for my thyroid now because of that. Because any medicine they have for thyroid has Iodine in it.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

yeah, but these organic iodine compounds are borderline toxic as is, inorganic should be more tolerable, but of course, after you've been sensitized, all bets are off!

btw - from personal experience, for what it's worth:

lugol's is absolutely fantastic on brittle skin, i've been fighting this strange, pso-like condition on my hands for years, three weeks of regular topical use and i'm nearly healed. i also had recurring fissures on my toes, which wouldn't respond very well to normal skin care products, but this seemed to have cured it outright, after only 4 applications.

one word of caution, though: it burns ad discolors the skin a bit wherever it is sore, which makes it a great indicator, btw.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So, I'm kinda curious about this, and it has been over a year since the last reply to this topic. Is anyone of the people who were taking iodine still active in ATS? How is it going so far, any side effects? After all that was said here, pros and cons exposed, many links and personal experiences, I couldn't make my mind. Any inputs?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Raven_Heart

I take it. I paint a square on my arm, dont remember every day. No side effects. In it is very needed, and they have been trying to kill people by taking it out of salt and putting a chemical in that is cancer causing and damaging to the body. Iodide is essential.

But I don't think its needed every day if you only use natural sea salt.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So you let your skin absorb it? I didn't know it could be done that way...anyway, how many mc or mcg is your dose? Iodine surely is essencial for our bodies to function properly, but I'm curious about the brutal amount suggested by the OP. Do you take anything near the 50mg suggested here? For how long have you been taking it? Did you notice any difference since you started?
Sorry, too many questions...I'm just very interested in this subject, especially since people are saying it can help us get rid of that cursed fluoride "they" make us poison ourselves with.
Many thanks for your input!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Raven_Heart

I have the liquid kind from the drugstore. Am very reluctant to put those drops in my juice. As you know most of the pills have been taken away and the special types the health food store are expensive.

The liquid form is the cheapest really.

First of all, I use sea salt the natural stuff with the idodine for everything.

Secondly, maybe a few times a week I paint this idodine on in about a 3 inch strip, about 2 inches wide or less, roughly a rectangle, not just one layer, a few good swirls of the stick in the container, and let it absorb through my skin. Ive tried it on my throid throat area, but it kind of burns. Tummy is also a burn. Arm works best less sensitive skin there.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart

So you let your skin absorb it? I didn't know it could be done that way...anyway, how many mc or mcg is your dose? Iodine surely is essencial for our bodies to function properly, but I'm curious about the brutal amount suggested by the OP. Do you take anything near the 50mg suggested here?

i had rather large skin lesions which were dry, cracked and quite painful on both hands which i managed to cure with regular application of lugol's solution ( i used food grade, even if it cost more, because i'm always afraid that lab grade might contain preservatives, esp. mercury, but i'm probably just being paranoid)

applied topically only, at a rate of ~30ml per month, lesions were quickly healed, within a couple of weeks, i'm still using it sporadically if the skin starts cracking again, i'm now down to what i expect to be around 50ml/year. i found that healthy skin barely absorbs the solution, while lesions quickly turn dark red or brown, it's really a good indicator, too.

PS: i intend to always keep one remaining bottle for radiological emergencies, which is the only reason i'd take a dose orally in the high milligram range.
edit on 2011.9.22 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
There is plenty of iodine inthe average diet. If there were too little, the entire population would have a marked decrease in T3 and T4 (mostly T4) hormone throughout the body. As we don't have an epidemic of hypothyroidism in the nation, I have a hard time believing we are short on dietary iodine.

But we DO have a depression epidemic here in the US. Depression is very tightly associated with hypothyroidism.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Interesting...I have some cracks like that on my hands too, it's quite painful sometimes. Lugol's solution is very expensive where I live, something around 10% of my monthly income for 30ml, and it's somewhat difficult to get too. I think I'm going with the drugstore iodine for my hands and maybe I'll try some on my arm, like Unity_99 does.

Thanks for the contribution, guys. Any more opinions on this subject, anyone?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
reply to post by Long Lance

Interesting...I have some cracks like that on my hands too, it's quite painful sometimes. Lugol's solution is very expensive where I live, something around 10% of my monthly income for 30ml, and it's somewhat difficult to get too. I think I'm going with the drugstore iodine for my hands and maybe I'll try some on my arm, like Unity_99 does.

Thanks for the contribution, guys. Any more opinions on this subject, anyone?

see if you can find veterinarian applications and take it from there, i paid around ten bucks for 50ml but it took some imagination to find the source.

btw, if by 'drugstore iodine' you mean tincture.. forget it! much stronger concentration and in alcohol, no potassium iodide / iodine mix either so i can't vouch for its effectiveness. tincture is a desinfectant only for all i know.
edit on 2011.9.22 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I just came across this, on another forum:
www.scribd.com...

And we've ordered many bottles of trophic iodine, which I'll start my family on at least 5 drops a day, but I'm going to trust my body and energy level.

I'm going to ensure 3 grams of C, minium, 10 000 iu's of D.

Lots and lots of raw cabbage salads. Bathing in epson salt. These last two also are good for anyone with cancer. My friend is cancer free, without radiation. Just surgery. She added pau ' arco tea. Which I have as well, its cheap.

Also cold flax oil and cottage cheese is good to add to the diet.

It increases metabolism, weight loss, and detox's heavy metals from system, really boosts the immune.

These ones are relatively low cost too.

Also a couple spoonfuls of cinnanom, the real stuff, in yogurt or porridge and avoiding all carbs that are modified, which is most of your bread, looking for real grains insteads, like oats and rye.

Finding ways to replace this and grow your own to some degree, do as much indoor gardening as you can, I'm thinking of finding ways to grow cabbage year round, and if it takes too much land to grow grains, then sprout them.

As much fruit as you can, enough protein and I think a diet fit for life.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Try to find Lugol Solution. It's Iodine you can put on your skin. Your body will absorb what it needs, the rest will remain on the skin.
We began using it right after Fukushima, and in the last weeks, its rate of absorption by the skin has strangely increased...

We also have an old book, from the 40's, saying Iodine should be considered the food of old people.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I don't know what mine is, its the only stuff they had after Fukushima, in the drug store, topical. I put it on all of our skins. The one I ordered above, is slighly more gentle/weaker, and its internal solution. So I intend to switch over as soon as it comes in the mail. And next month order more, I don't want to run out. If they do something to C, making a hydrator out of a cardbox and light, even semi solar, and drying fruit peels if they havn't been chemically dipped and grinding it into powder, and taking quite a lot, would be good, plus I'm thinking of looking into growing rose hips and any berries high in C.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I just remembered; to help your body absorb the Iodine, you need something like Brazilian nuts. I forget what they contain that helps... bummer.

I will try to find the info so you can chose something to your liking, if Brazilian nuts are not your thing.

EDIT: Wheat Germs, Brewers Yeast, Liver, Tuna, Other oily fish, Shellfish, Sunflower seeds, Lentils, Cashew Nuts.

It is the selenium in it that helps the absorption of Iodine.

And if you want more protection against radiation, drink once in a while some sodium bicarbonate. That will clean your kidneys from radioactive particles. You can take a bath in it too, to remove radioactive particles from your skin, and wash your food and clothes with it, too.
edit on 15-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I love brazil nuts but they're an import, and more what I'd add for variety, and of course finding raw is a lot harder. I think the yeast and the wheat germ is pretty essential. I add wheat germ to soups and stews, but don't get it every day. I should look into ways to take it inexpensively each day. Also its the fatty soluable vitamins, such as E, A, that are really essential to prevent cancer and also for teeth. For non vegans, liver is very importable staple, and took me years to like chicken livers with wheat germ. Of course finding other ways to deliver this if a persons vegan is necessary. Butter if its real, not overprocessed, is good too.

And would add oregano oil, which is good for teeth brushing, and beats infections quickly withe me. When you brush your teeth with it, (never use flouride and if I couldnt find my good tooth paste, flouride and SLS, free, I'd use water and baking soda), quite a few drops, it gets absorbed in your system, fast absorption under your tongue, you don't even need to take a few drops.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

We switched to butter a few years ago and now, we can't stand margarine anymore. It's so gross!

Also, to help fight cancer, you can take rosemary. It helps repair damaged DNA. Only our cereals are eaten without it...

About vitamin E and its propriety to help in the scarring process, a surgeon told me to stay away from that. He said it was good for the skin, yes, but it was also tricky in the sense that it gives the impression to the body that the healing has been done, and slows or stops it, which causes many more problems. I never really looked into it, but I didn't take any chances... I know he was very upset when I asked if it would be good.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join