It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks may not be what you think it is...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
this guy is master bull**ter and one of the original disinfo agent.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This might be a valid concern if Wikileaks was a brand new website but, its not. It was started in December 2006. Long time to wait to start the 'secret operation' huh?

This might also be a valid concern if wikileaks had developed a track record of NOT publishing information. Unfortunately, for your accusation, their track record is exactly the opposite.

I think these accusations are totally invalid. They are the manifestations of paranoia.

Try clearing your 'cookies and cache' on your web browser. Try clearing your Java cache when your computer freezes.

Next time your computer freezes try that stuff before jumping to paranoid conclusions and blaming people of being some form of 'operative'.

Stay in your home, lock yourself away while everyone else is out in the world getting things done, taking action. Because, everyone is out to get YOU.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Eastwood

As typical, too much of the same back and forth chatter on this thread.

You people seem to accept that our government or any government (which includes, all branches and the military) acts in concert. Maybe in long past times you could almost say that was true. Not any more.

With this topic, can it be that some aspect of our government itself, and not just a low-level individual(s) is wanting to change the course of things? Good Lord, we have seen acts of treason across the board in the last decade, Do you think that all areas of the government marches in lock-step?

Consider, for example, perhaps the military itself caused the release of that video because they see the political folly of continuing in Iraq, Afganistan, and do not want to march into Iran at the bidding of some phony suit? Can they be entirely frank with the Pres, or must they resort to other devices with their own capabilities? We danmed well know that the CIA, for example, has been virtually a rogue government by themselves for decades. Broaden your views about what is possible in those vast, complex, every evolving spheres. Nothing is ever as simple as it looks, as you are told--or even may suspect in your wildest....

I'm not going to debate any of this, just offering my one-time take on another thread that is venturing into the mundane inane.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Brahmanite

no paranoia, its a matter of where your loyalties lie. cryptome.org is more respected and their say more valid in my opinion. and since they are saying wikileaks is a CIA front, im inclined to believe them.

wiki may have a decent record, but their accuser has a much better one.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I think that is the problem: Loyalty.

This should have nothing to do with loyalty.

We should judge integrity based on actions, not accusations.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Have you heard of the FBI using some program (I think it was called "Carnivore" or something) that can mess up your harddrive? It can cause a fatal error in the mup.sys file on a PC and prevent your computer from being able to advance beyond a certain point in the startup process (preventing you from using your computer). They use this program on hackers and such. I may or may not have been targeted

So if (and this is a big if) Wikileaks were a cover ops for the government, I wouldn't be surprised that you experienced software difficulty when trying to send something to them. When you do something like that your computer is communicating across a network with their computer, so things can leak through the open ports. Government-grade viruses and such aren't likely to be picked up by AntiVirus software (especially Norton). I would be very careful.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Why do you assume that Wiki froze your computer? I don't see the logic in that. There are many other possibilities ...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So after 6 pages of trolling still no proof / screenshot? Move it to Hoax or Skukworks or else people should be allowed to make topics in General Conspiracies without any proof.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't think we should crucify the OP for this post. I simply look at this person had an experience and from that experience spawned an idea for a post.

I guess I look at it as another perspective, which in my opinion is never a bad thing as it requires us to entertain another posistion which requires thinking which is always a good thing. Thinking is like exersize for the mind.

I have to agree with S-Dog on this one though, so far the seem to be who they say they are and until that changes I see no reason to believe otherwise.

You never for sure though, only time will tell

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

What are you, the internet police? A conspiracy is unproven, speculation put together through coincidental facts.

The responses by the govt disinfo agents seem to confirm the OP's suspicions.

Nice work boys. Thanks for revealing the truth, by trying to hide it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Your exactly right my man, very iffy group. Watched the released video and I cant stress enough how morbid and hanous it is. I do see the cameras, and unfortunately I do see some Ak-74s being weilded around. But by the looks of the carrying of them its only non chelant brandishing.. Nevertheless when you go snooping around corners and peeping out in an actual insurgent hot zone, even battle.. Your making a grave mistake. Just how it is and at anytime the military/gov will be able to justify it just due to the guns and battle scenerio that was unfolding.. Thats the life of a journo. So to conclude, yes I believe that wikileaks is a place to try an recover as well as test whats really being hidden from TPTB. But you obviously know that ATS is in the same boat.. Skeptics a plenty trying to get their nose in the door to create confusion and noncollective thinking.. Again if we come together as a team of humans its far more achieving.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What is a lot more likely is CIA disinfo agents are beginning a campaign to discredit and ultimately destroy wikileaks through false rumor and lies. Perhaps you my friend are part of this. That video caused immense damage to the American military and the push for war, not exactly something the CIA would want released under any circumstances I'm guessing.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
While the idea could be one to cross my mind, posting it seems a little pre-mature. Especially considering it was only yesterday that Wikileaks released info that has created an absolute shyte storm for the military. Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy....Go enjoy the outdoors for a day, clear your head, might do you some good.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We are falling into the trap exactly as it was designed decades ago.

It does not matter who is or is not a disinfo agent. It only matters that we suspect that there is an 'agent' in the first place.

In order to understand this we must look at cointelpro.
The function of cointelpro was not necessarily to gather information through the use of informants or to provoke with the use of 'agent provocateurs'.

The purpose of cointelpro was to create an atmosphere of confusion, of paranoia. An atmosphere where everyone fears that everyone else is an 'agent'

There doesnt need to be an agent so long as people think there is.

We continue to point fingers at anybody and everybody. This puts everyone on edge and creates the feeling that no one can be trusted.

TPTB learned very early on that 'they' didnt need to destroy grassroots movements, they would destroy themselves (with a little shove off the 'edge').

"The directives governing COINTELPRO were issued by FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, who ordered FBI agents to "expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize" the activities of these movements and their leaders."

The same thing that happened in the 60's and 70's is happening right now....

Again, it doesnt matter who is or is not an 'agent' it just matters that we become paralyzed by the fear that we are being spyed on or duped.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I thought you could also provide information without revealing your identity? As in if you have a video or document you can provide it to wikileaks via the webform without putting in your details.

So i don't think your argument holds much water. In fact as wikileaks has really hurt a number of private financial and government institutions it seems a very strange mouthpiece for TPTB.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJuice902
While the idea could be one to cross my mind, posting it seems a little pre-mature. Especially considering it was only yesterday that Wikileaks released info that has created an absolute shyte storm for the military. Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy....Go enjoy the outdoors for a day, clear your head, might do you some good.

Exactly my thoughts: not everything is a conspiracy.
Too often it seems that people seem to forget this...

Making conspiracy theories is easier than living with the mystery.

Unfortunately, in situations like this, making silly conspiracy theories of this nature can potentially destroy our community...

There is a difference between a valid concern and an imaginative idea.

Valid concerns are acompanied with at least a little bit of reasonable, logical evidence. Imaginitive ideas come with nothing.

The OP has not presented any reasonable evidence to support their 'idea'.

Individuals tendencies to 'cry wolf' has destroyed the trust of peers to the point of destroying the efforts of their common cause FAR more than 'crying wolf' has EVER helped....

evidence evidence evidence.

There is a thin line between a logical theorist and a paranoid conspiracy nut. That line is often but not always, EVIDENCE.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
“This IS a conspiracy site! so if some one puts a conspiracy on this site DONT shoot them down. the mod’s should give then a warring. for that”

Fractured.Facade, you used your friends computer? if he disappears or gets kill’d HIDE!
or maybe you are just trying to discredit the site?

the story wikileaks release’t got on All the new stations to quick? suspicious.
wikileaks has NEVER betrayed a single source? they just kill them. so if they disappears or gets kill’d, who will know?

if You have a leak/info. post it on many site at the same time. I think a good idea is. send the info to a utorren site. then a some days later send out the pass word to open the encrypted document. every one has it. utorrens are one of the best ways to pass info around. they get better all the time. soon they will just have no central base. no web site, just the people with the info that is passt around. but some one needs to keep a cloase eye on the code.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One of the documents on WikLeaks is a document that shows that the alphabet agencies are going to do their best to marginalize the trust in the site. What better way to do that than post on ATS an "article" titled "WikiLeaks may not be what you think"?

Here is the link of the article of the government plan to attack WikiLeaks -
15. Mar. 2010: U.S. Intelligence planned to destroy WikiLeaks, 18 Mar 2008 -
(http://__._/)

actual file (pdf)

I've read this site for years and it has it's fair share of trolls - the "cover story" here has more holes than we can count - the writer went to a "secure computer" (um, library, or what?) and tried to upload the file but everything froze (so, that never happened to anyone before and have it be just a lack of upload speed, memory dump. etc.?) AND I love how this individual has some delicate information that they can't go into at the moment. This post is complete BS and is probably nothing but a little cointelpro - and if you are an agent trying to bash WikiLeaks on this forum, I'm afraid you didn't do a very good job - your story is laughable.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Bozer]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Considering that the OP has many, many posts I would not point that finger.

Afain, we are just too damn quick to want to point fingers and blame poeple.....

We are the disinfo agents..We do it ourselves, with actions like this, we are playing right in to their own hands...

fingerpointing BS

Investigate

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Brahmanite]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yes your point is actually logical,when talking about tactical warfare and politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join