It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence Emerges On Obama's Background!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient
Try google before your start making ridiculous claims.
From the Pulitzer Prize winning site politifact.com

And MY sources get questioned???
Now, I'm just wondering... were the same people on the Pulitzer committee the same ones on the Nobel Peace comittee?

Well, I guess that just comes down to what you think a promise is.

I am still waiting for your sources for your claim that he has lied and broken all of his campaign promises. I gave you a source, a pulitzer prize winning source. You did not dispute one of their claims just more ignorance as I expected. If you would like debate this issue I am willing, but if you want to make more nonsense statements followed by tons of
I can see I am not up to your debating skills.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I have defended Bush in the past, but he has done to much for me to defend him any longer.

And exactly what was that might I ask?

No, actually, you may not. I wont contribute to the further derailment of this thread.

Obviously you won't because you know yourself that it would be completely hypocritical over your arguments towards Obama.

'Gut and run' as I say.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No wonder he has spent nearly $2Million dollars to seal any and every imaginable record. It really makes you wonder what else he is hiding.

AN OUTRIGHT BIRTHER LIE:

Please see this chart (link below) and pay attention to right hand column:
(CAUTION: Reading and Comprehension skills required.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b017586c38cb.jpg[/atsimg]

1 Note: Birthers claim that Obama has spent "millions" of dollars defending all the birther claims. As shown in this chart, Obama's personal (or campaign) attorneys have appeared only in a very very few number of cases

Birther Score card

The FACTS, as they say, are stubborn.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Do you not think that the very people who allow articles and discussions like this to exist aren't sitting back in their chairs laughing at us in such a thread? I mean, look back through this entire thread. This is EXACTLY what they want the sheeple to do. Why must we argue over who's right and who's wrong and which party has the cheaters and liars. Right vs Left, Republican vs Democray is all an illusion to give us some sense of choice. It doesn't really exist, they are ALL the same. If you're on this website, you obviously know something is wrong with the big picture yet, for some reason we try to defend party politics.

Regardless of his history, do you honestly think there is something you can do about it? Of course not... This information is ALLOWED to exist because it keeps us from being united as we argue over such petty issues. It's sleight of hand.. We try to figure out what's going on in this hand and the other hand does all the tricks. This could be solved by TPTB for good or bad in an instant with a little info but, they don't WANT it to be solved. Instead, they keep us running in circles against each other. As humans, we need to cut focus from such trivial issues as this and unite to solve the REAL problems that plague us. For example, the wikileak video released today. THAT is a real issue that is happening and one which we need to put an end to for our country and for humanity.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So, this thread is about Obama being called a professor or not? Yeah, I remember posting about that a couple years ago. Yeah, here's a thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's what the school where he taught has to say:
www.law.uchicago.edu...

From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

Everything else in that source is just one person's word that he heard from someone else.

I can't believe the examiner is using a blog that sourced another blog that sourced the first blog.
Now, that's FUNNY!

For once Heretic I agree with you on an Obama issue. Even if the law school did not consider him a professor, the dictionary does:

pro·fes·sor /prəˈfɛsər/ Show Spelled[pruh-fes-er] Show IPA
–noun
1. a teacher of the highest academic rank in a college or university, who has been awarded the title Professor in a particular branch of learning; a full professor: a professor of Spanish literature.
2. any teacher who has the rank of professor, associate professor, or assistant professor.
3. a teacher.
4. an instructor in some art or skilled sport: a professor of singing; a professor of boxing.
5. a person who professes his or her sentiments, beliefs, etc.

And of course the dictionary gets its information by determining how people are actually using the word in real life. So there you go. By definitions 1 & 2 Obama was not a professor. By definitions 3, 4, and 5 Obama was a professor. When I was in college I'd consider any and all of my teachers to be professors whether or not they were officially ordained by the mystical forces of a college board. Who honestly gives a damn what these people want to title each other?

The article cited complains about people being created equal being the Declaration of Independence rather than the US Constitution. While it does not use the phrase "created equal", equality is in fact a part of the constitution (see 14th amendment) and therefore its fair to say that it is an unjustified attack on Obama.

While I won't dispute that Obama lies quite a lot, I don't see a problem with his resume. And of course he wanted the title to further his reputation just like a very large fraction of all teachers who become teachers at least in part due to the increased social status it gives them. Therefore if he nabbed the position using connections... good for him and welcome to reality land where connections are important and if you are smart you use them and don't apologize for it. Last time I checked it was not a crime or even a moral wrong to get a friend in a high position to help you find a job.

link   

Obviously you won't because you know yourself that it would be completely hypocritical over your arguments towards Obama.

'Gut and run' as I say.

No! At least treemanx can admit he was wrong to support a politican who was a corrupt liar. I'm wondering if you will be able to do the same?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by treemanx

Are you really disagreeing with the fact that Bush is a homophobic mass murdering creep?

Then I guess that says it all folks. lol

I don't believe Bush to have been any better than our sitting President. I have defended Bush in the past, but he has done to much for me to defend him any longer. Obama and Bush are brothers, or didn't you see kosmos avatar? .

You're right, Bush was worse:
Invasion of two countries
Really pushed for gay marriage to be illegal (and made it a bigger deal than terrorism)
Crushed the economy
Failed to do anything about the aftermath of hurricane Katrina
No alternate energy policy once so ever
Failed to do anything about health care or the lack of insurance millions of Americans didn't have
Failed to do anything about the torture of foreign detainees
Bin Laden still at large (if you believe the 9/11 os)
Over 100,000 weapons missing in Iraq

and more.

Obama:
Not doing much to help the economy
Plan to send 30,000 troops to Afghanistan
Didn't do much about torture of detainees
Failed to do anything about gay rights in the military

I wonder who's worse ..

link   
You know what.....if all this is true, then why are we letting this happen? Why is he not in trouble...or kicked out of office? WHY!!??? It doesnt matter if its true anyway, its gonna sit here on ats and no one will do anything about it anyway.

link   

WTF!?!? Perhaps you have a reading comprehension issue or short-term memory loss... But the thread was about Mr. Obama's ability to be honest. It focuses on a claim that he held a position that he did not, in fact possess. It was also to point out a pattern of lies - such as how he surrendered his Law License - which none of you liberal apologists will touch with a ten foot pole - preferring to harp over and over about the source of the first claim!

The discussion has evolved and i have gone along with that, but feel free to try and drag it back to a framework you can use to make your point. Others have now gone on to point out how previous presidents have lied, how this is nothing new. All we are doing is pointing out this fact and yet you attack those who do so. It seems you have an agenda sir.

You then dare to call us liberal apologists, such sweeping genalisations are pathetic. I'm not even a USA citizen, i am not an apologist. Maybe check my thread history, i am deeply conservative in some areas and yet you dare to generalise.

You only show your bias with such generalisations. When people harp about souces they do so because the source is unreliable and as i have stated to you before, if sources do not matter then i can make up all sorts of stuff.

For example did you know that the Moon is made of dandruff? Expect a website source soon, i just have to invent it, oh and the Iraq war was started by the mouse people, website coming soon, Clinton was framed by a desperate liberal agenda, website coming soon!!!

A reliable source is vital and the fact you criticise us for requesting a decent source further degrades your viewpoint.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

'Gut and run' as I say.

No! At least treemanx

Treemanx decided to run away from owning up to what he said. As for you, Im waiting for your admission that you hold no credible sources for the accusation that Obama lied or that he spent millions. Im waiting for that admission.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
Why would he need to surrender his law license, nothing has been proven here. As said hundreds of times already this is a none deal.

He ALREADY surrendered his Law License - in 2008!
Because he didn't want to have to answer to the charges being levied against him - because he knew they were true and there was no way h could allow that to see the light of day.

But, what am I thinking... You're an Obama supporter... So you already know ALL about that and you're completely comfortable with it - apparently!

Obviously, I didn't know about that, and I of course do not have an answer. Since I have no idea on the matter I have to google, and unfortunately the only answers I can find is right wing websites talking about Michelle Obama losing her license. The few sites I can find anything about it, I must wade through links with theories 'proving' he was born in Kenya. Since, I dont frequent these sites I do apologize for my ignorance in not knowing he voluntarily gave up his license. I did see that he had 17 unpaid parking tickets! scandalous....wait, no its not

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

For those who believe in the NWO i ask a simple question............would they field a candidate whos illegitimacy could be so easily proven? Oh course not. I'm not criticising you here dgtempe only trying to show other believers in the NWO how the view of Obama not being legitimate is stupid and baseless.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I think there arguing semantics if he taught a class the students would have referred to him as a professor would they not? So he embellished on his resume making it sound more important. The only thing im curios about if the article is factual and they didnt want him.Who was it that changed there minds now this person has some power. And that would be a far more interesting story.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Is this what you mean by an actual Hawaiin BC/COLB?

~Namaste

[edit on 5-4-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

Why must we argue over who's right and who's wrong

Because it is pure ignorance that is being spouted by the OP.

He claims Obama's whole background is a lie because he called himself a "professor" instead of a "senior lecturer"...it's seriously an argument a 10 year old would make.

I don't know about anyone else...but anyone allowing this type of ignorance to go unchallenged on a site like ATS (deny ignorance?) is not being honest with themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

His short form showed sufficiently that he was born in Hawaii, it was verified by Hawaiian officials and Fukino already made a statement clarifying that he was born in Hawaii from his long form.

If you insist on seeing the long for yourself its either to keep the birther conspiracy alive or to find more smears off the more information you demand.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Also a great many of you apparently see only in black and white, no shades of grey. And finally, a great many of you have scoffed at the "Sources", not because the sources are wrong, but because it flies in the face of your political ideology. OK, cool... whatever.

This is just too funny. You saying others can't see shades of gray, yet you supposedly think Bush and Obama are the same.

Then you talk about how people shouldn't focus on the source of the information (even though both the source and the information have been utterly shown to be biased and irrelevant). However, you constantly say that Obama (the source) is a liar and illegitimate, so we aren't allowed to trust or believe anything he or his supporters say.

Now, any intellectually honest person would have to admit that when there is smoke, there is likely fire. There is smoke around Obama - a TON of it! And when I see reports like these, some dots start getting connected. So I apologize if it offends a great many of you who are too busy idolizing the man instead of employing the good sense that God gave you!

More flaming strawmen. Yeah, sometimes smoke is indicative of a fire. However, in this case it is merely the clouds of obfuscation being blown out the stank-ridden holes of right-wing propagandists and their modern brown-shirt pussified McVeigh wannabes. Yell 'FIRE!' all you like, as the first amendment might protect that right, but it ain't gonna convince anyone with a functioning center of reasoning abilities.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/5/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

'Gut and run' as I say.

No! At least treemanx

Treemanx decided to run away from owning up to what he said. As for you, Im waiting for your admission that you hold no credible sources for the accusation that Obama lied or that he spent millions. Im waiting for that admission.

No, I decided to quit arguing with people who have obviously already made up there mind. An expression comes to mind:

Never wrestle in the mud with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig loves it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by people=oooo

just would like to say thanks op for some really great facts. and you want to know why this stuff happens over and over again? its pretty simple really, just read through all the posters here that cannot and will not see the truth of obama, obama could say hey i am hitler and these same posters would say owe nah obama your just kidding right? nothing will ever change in the world of politics until everyone stops drinking from the kool aid bowl and takes off there fascist glasses! anyhow thanks op you are the man

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join