It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of the Rapture doctrine?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What is the purpose of the Rapture doctrine? I'm a Christian who is already questioning it's validity and also mandatory love for IsraHell. Does this doctrine have a sinister purpose?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
What is the purpose of the Rapture doctrine? I'm a Christian who is already questioning it's validity and also mandatory love for IsraHell. Does this doctrine have a sinister purpose?

Then you would know that In the bible, Jesus explains a rapture type of event before the Anti-Christ takes over the world...... You would also know that there isnt a mandatory love for Israel. But many Church leaders describe Jews as our elders... Not eh Israel Government.... Are

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Actually, the Bible doesn't use the term Rapture, and the verses used to back up the Rapture doctrine aren't clear, which is why we have different groups of christians believing in different "timelines" of how the end will occur.

I don't know the true purpose of the Rapture doctrine, only that it isn't laid down in the Bible and is something that has been added on afterward. It also has the effect that most christians I know who believe in a pre-trib rapture use that belief to deny everything that appears to be happening. Put simply, they do not believe that they will still be on earth to worry about a mark of the beast, or anti christ, or any of the other things that they should be watching out for if they believe the prophecies. This allows them to not think about it, to not be vigilant, to not be wary, because they think they're going to be scooped up before the SHTF.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by TheIrvy]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The rapture is about the idea that before the Great Tribulation the true church wil be taken out of the World. The whole purpose of the Tribulation is to judge the world. So, for those that are saved we will not be judged, because we have been found inocent through Christ. The tribulation is also called "the 70th week" and "the time of Jacobs trouble" Israel will be judged along with the rest of the world.

The only difference between those that remain and those that are "snatched up" is Christ. There neither Jew nor Greek, slave or free, rich or poor. The only thing that matters in Christ.

Here is some reference for you
1 Thessalonians 4

16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The teaching is to Christians that they will not be on the Earth when God punishes the nations for serving satan and the beast, and for rejecting Christ. They will removed from the Earth for that purpose.

As for Israel, God said, "I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee." So take your choice. Israel is God's chosen nation and if you want to hate it and curse it, know that God will also likewise do the same to you.

I hope this has helped you.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Well that nation over there is not the real Israel in fact it was the whore of Babylon

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think God knew what He was doing when He scribed it to be a tad confusing - this way, none of us are going around all puffed up bragging how *we* won't be here for the light show - but *you* will - so naaaa naaaaa naaa.

Seriously, if the Christians were allowed to know for sure that we weren't going to be around for the end, don't you imagine half, if not more, of us would slack off and stop spreading the Gospel, stop trying to minister to souls, etc?

I think God should win the Pulitzer Prize for the Bible - it's amazing how it was written. It keeps us all in check.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I wish it was true. It'd be worth it to see the absolute shock and horror of who's gone, and who aint..... The poor, the victims of the church, the ones Christians used and abused, and the ones who actually and really tried- not the ones who faked it- end up going and the rest of the religion is left to scream 'WTH?!' at their perceived 'Jesus'.

I kinda wonder if the ones left behind wouldn't be the ones cursing God and stuff when ALL the crap hit the fan.... I dont doubt it a bit, personally.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Fromabove

Well that nation over there is not the real Israel in fact it was the whore of Babylon

That "Israel" has been "the" Israel throughout Biblical, and secular, history.

Who moved the map????

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I wish it was true. It'd be worth it to see the absolute shock and horror of who's gone, and who aint..... The poor, the victims of the church, the ones Christians used and abused, and the ones who actually and really tried- not the ones who faked it- end up going and the rest of the religion is left to scream 'WTH?!' at their perceived 'Jesus'.

I kinda wonder if the ones left behind wouldn't be the ones cursing God and stuff when ALL the crap hit the fan.... I dont doubt it a bit, personally.

Ah, I should have known you would show up sooner or later - you seem to gravitate to the Christian threads?

Thanks for stopping by to share a bit of your doom and gloom for the world. But since you stopped in, pick up a copy of the King James Bible on your way out - it has some really awesome GOOD news in there.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

its to steer people away from god in anger when it doesnt really happen and they have to go through the tribulation and choose him or the mark

its the ultimate test in faith of jesus and god

many will fail due to fear of dying, the great deception, its been a plan since the beginning

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Actually, you are right. Some of the ones that think that they are in Christians will still be around. Jesus said

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

There are for sure fakes out there and God knows the difference

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
to "scare" you into believing it is gonna happen so that you will become a sheeple and give your life, money, belief, belongings, daughters, sons, blood to the church.........

religions are pure evil and "they " are the antichrist......

evilbible.com will make you see the truth..........

and the truth shall set you free........

peas

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If you are real christian you will not support biggest concentration camp in history called Gaza.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

But since you stopped in, pick up a copy of the King James Bible on your way out - it has some really awesome GOOD news in there.

I stop by, because I've seen the Christian Agenda, and it just ain't pretty (OR Biblical). I am going to keep a) alerting people who try to step into this religion and dont know the horrors the PEOPLE have in store for them and b) I am TRYING TO GIVE YOU IDIOTS A WAKE UP CALL. Wake the Hell up! Look at what you're doing to people! The ones who do nothing but profit off it, and the rest of you, who dont lift a finger to stop and fix the religion!

I quit reading the Bible, because it has MISTAKES in it. The original Hebrew was mistranslated in the OT, the New... I cant even begin to figure out the hash that was made there.

Doom and gloom? Because I am sure the people who SHOULD be taken, if there is a rapture are the ones who have been given the shaft time and again by the very people who should be *helping* them into heaven??? Really.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

Look are you talking to me? I'm an Anti Zionist Born Again Christian btw

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The passage in 1 Thessalonians seems to link any "rapture" to the moment when Christ returns.
That's good enough for me.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
The passage in 1 Thessalonians seems to link any "rapture" to the moment when Christ returns.
That's good enough for me.

and he returns at the last trumpet

so 1. either you are dead from war or 2. dead from not receving the mark
or 3. lucky enough to live from not taking the mark and holding true to god

other than that everyone will face the apocalypse

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Those whom have edited the bible over and over again to bend its focus to better fit their agenda have really made it hard on someone like me. I do believe in 'GOD', that is to say a higher power and a creator. As for Jesus, I'm sad to say that I am not sure anymore about him really being the son of God. The Christians have really done a number on the Bible. Being the person that I am, I don't just take anything at face value. I have questions, things need to feel right and authentic. What a wonderful thing the Bible could have been. How many questions it would have answered, perhaps, all of them. Had only religion kept its filthy hands off of something as pure as the ideas that great men such as Jesus taught. As far as the Rapture goes. I just don't know what to believe, these believers say this, while these guys over here say no it's actually this, then this church say something different. I'm sure the devil thinks religion is a great idea, what better way to divide and conquer.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
theoretically, it's about enki getting us off this
rock before enlil gives it the heave-ho.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join