It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly explosion goes off at Moscow Metro station

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by evilcommunist

Chechnya hasn't always been in Russia, it has been forever in Russia only if 200 hundred for you is eternity. It was first sovereign, after that it was a part of Kingdom of Georgia. It was included into Russian territory only because the Georgian kingdom was devastated by Persian invasion. It joined Russia for protection from Persians.

If it was Russian... why did they need Russification in Soviet times?

It's no point disputing with you whatsoever because you live in a country where people REWRITE history. You deny occupation of Baltic States. You call murderers of innocent people - heroes. You deny The Great famine in Ukraine - in Soviet times. You call us liars, you call our history FALSE. There is only one truth for you - and that is "The Russia's truth". You don't want to know and accept the real history because then you'd need to hate your ancestors for what they did and what they let happen. You are repeating the same mistakes your ancestors made. Russia will always be good to you and it will always do the right thing in your opinion.

Cheers - I presume you are Russian. I am sorry for you not getting told the truth history.
It's like in Orwell's "1984"... you really do believe false history, you have learned to love BIG BROTHER!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by archasama

I really pity baltic states, that are left without russia's or west's support in the unfolding crysis. You may have SS parades, move graves, enjoy your "freedom", have ids of "non-citizens" for russians and stuff like that. Bad news is, there will be noone to help you.

That's all I can say from my 1984 point of view. Pity, nice nature and girls, you've got there.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
call me a newbie but all of this makes me want to look into the fine print of the arms reduction deal Obama just signed with Russia. I mean cummon how many of these arms reduction deals are we going to make during each administration that is in office, are they just some kind of solidarity statement every time a new deal is made... as we all know the missiles can not just be disassembled and the waste disposed of in the local landfill.

I find it quite odd that we had two of our very own (tests) on the D.C. metro system, and the first starting on a sunday night after midnight ! (wtf?) have you been conditioned enough yet ?

hey this is a conspiracy website right

www.bizjournals.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You also have to think that with some 38 apparently dead, there remarkedly few bodies scattered across the station floor, other than those being attended to. Aswell as the occasional MedEvac helicopter, a few casual strolling police, and ambulance crews.

As the System was packed with literally thousands of commuters on those platforms, just 19 (average) casualties for each station is significantly a low number, especially considering the limited damage sustained to the train, aswell as the rest of the thousands of other people caught-up in the incident. given the fact these devices were apparently nail bombs.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Another thread on the topic of Russia... another thread full of ignorant self-righteousness and attempts to justify the attacks. Innocent people were killed in Moscow, and their killers were not fighting for any freedom or independence or justice. What remains of the Chechen terrorists, are just that - terrorists. They are organized crime groups that receive sizeable funding from the Middle East, and who make money on waging war. Their goal is not to achieve independence - it is to create instability and inflict damage on civilian population.

A terrorist act is a terrorist act plain and simple - there is no justification for it. There may be reasons behind it, and there may be motives - but never a justification. If the so called "freedom fighters" want to challenge authority - then they should limit their attacks against authority: military, politicians, etc.

Originally posted by archasama
Chechnya hasn't always been in Russia, it has been forever in Russia only if 200 hundred for you is eternity. It was first sovereign, after that it was a part of Kingdom of Georgia.

Where are you getting your facts?

Chechnya was never sovereign, and it was never part of Kingdom of Georgia. It is true that Chechnya became part of the Russian empire less than 300 years ago. But prior to that it was never a sovereign nation. It was a mix of about 15 mountain tribes (taipes) who constantly waged war against each other and against their neighbors (including parts of the Russian empire). There was no sovereignty of Chechnya, and the region had no laws. There was never an organized state there before the Russian Empire.

It was included into Russian territory only because the Georgian kingdom was devastated by Persian invasion. It joined Russia for protection from Persians.

I think you are confusing Chechnya with something else. Chechnya was never part of Georgia at any point. The tribes in the region were constantly at war with Georgia and all other neighbors.

If it was Russian... why did they need Russification in Soviet times?

It wasn't Russification as much as it was Sovietization. All the people within the USSR were subjected to it under Stalin, including Russians. Russians also were "cleansed" of many of their traditions and religious practices.

It's no point disputing with you whatsoever because you live in a country where people REWRITE history. You deny occupation of Baltic States.

How does the Russian government today deny the occupation of Baltic States? The Russian government has denounced the actions of Stalin.

You deny The Great famine in Ukraine - in Soviet times.

You do know that Golodomor was not limited to Ukraine right? Millions of people all over USSR, including Russia, died from hunger and disease in those years.

Why are you even bringing up all these points, that are irrelevant to the terrorist act in Moscow? Every country writes its own version of history - and I mean every single one. That does not make a terrorist act or a terrorist into something or someone else. There are rational boundaries that exist in every struggle, and a terrorist act bypasses those boundaries.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by maloy]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Someone needs to figure out a way to better intergrate muslims in non-muslim majority nations. Whether it's India or Russia there seems to be a lot of tension between them and the rest of the population. It doesn't matter who started it, I'm sure various factions have been fighting for ages and have plenty of reasons to hate each other. What is important is how to stop the violence.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4ortunate1
Someone needs to figure out a way to better intergrate muslims in non-muslim majority nations. Whether it's India or Russia there seems to be a lot of tension between them and the rest of the population.

Most muslims in Russia is pretty well integrated. Chechnens make up a small minority of all Russian muslims. There are Tatars, Dagestanis, Azeris, and a mix of many Turkic ethnicities. Chechnya is more exposed to outside insurgency. Unlike many other Russiam Islamic ethnicities, Chechnyan roots are not so much grounded in religion, but in tribal divisions. Their tribes, most of which were limited to a single village, were constantly at war both with each other and raided their neighbors, most of whom were also Muslims.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by maloy]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4ortunate1
Someone needs to figure out a way to better intergrate muslims in non-muslim majority nations.

Really? Maybe powers around the world should stop using Muslim's for their resources (whether through "diplomacy" or "liberation") and then maybe, just maybe, they won't feel such a sense of self justice that gives them the right to stand up and fight for themselves in whatever pathetic means entrusted to them by the powers that be.

You want a solution to the world's problems? Try peace. Self sustainability. Maybe even open mindedness to other cultures. These terrorist attacks do not just manifest out of nothing.

Mind you that Russia has felt the real brunt of terrorism, unlike some other countries leading "wars against terrorism". Russia is fighting a real war in the "terrorists" homelands (or at least has been doing so on and off for decades), and they are bringing the fight to the Russians.

At least the conditions are clear in wars that Russia wages, and Russian special forces can be just as effective as the hardest radicalized freedom fighters. It is more or less a war of honour, for Russia knows what it is like to fight with a broken back and still achieve total victory and beyond.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The good news is that these fanatic pigs are being hunted down with no mercy. This attack was a desperate attempt to show the world that they are still there. The vast majority of the scum has been liquidated, and Doku Umarov and his gang have their days numbers. In recent years virtually all of the original warlords and the most experienced fighters have been eliminated, and those who remain now have absolutely nothing to do with the original Chechen wars. They are in it for the money, but the only place they will get to spend it is in hell. They better pray that they don't get caught alive, because God knows these pigs deserve to suffer should they be captured.

Moscow Metro bombing masterminds 'will be destroyed'

The masterminds behind a double suicide bombing on the Moscow Metro will be "destroyed", Russian leaders have said.

The attacks, in the morning rush hour, killed at least 38 people and injured more than 60, officials say.

No group has said it carried out the attacks, but security services have blamed rebels from the North Caucasus - which includes Chechnya and Ingushetia.

President Dmitry Medvedev laid a wreath at the scene of one of the attacks, labelling the plotters "beasts".

He said: "We will find and destroy them all."

US President Barack Obama called President Medvedev to "personally convey" his condolences, adding that the US was ready to co-operate with Russia to help bring to justice those responsible for the blasts.

Foreign ministers from the G8 group of leading industrial nations also condemned the attacks at the start of talks on global security in Canada.

Canadian Foreign Minister Lawrence Cannon said G8 members would "continue to collaborate to thwart and constrain terrorists".

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin had also earlier vowed to hunt down those responsible, saying: "Terrorists will be destroyed."

He described the attacks, believed to have been carried out by female bombers, as "heinous".

The Moscow city government declared Tuesday would be a day of mourning.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think it is highly strange that this story is receiving so little coverage. Its very quiet.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
A terrorist act is a terrorist act plain and simple - there is no justification for it. There may be reasons behind it, and there may be motives - but never a justification. If the so called "freedom fighters" want to challenge authority - then they should limit their attacks against authority: military, politicians, etc.

i would have to disagree with you there. the government uses terrorism to justify any retaliation towards free thinkers or demonize budget cuts. they're purposefully maniplulating our thought processes into associating terror with more security measures even though all the before security didnt help for $%@^

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All I have to say is, regardless of your cause, regardless of whatever 'wrongs' have been done to you, or you country, terrorism is a cowardly act. We shouldn't even refer to them as terrorists. We should all label them 'COWARDS'. Even the media should. Only a coward walks anonymously amongst common citizens, and without confrontation destroys innocent civilians. It doesn't instill 'fear', it instills anger and motivation to retaliate.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Obvious troll is obvious Chechnya is a #hole that got owned like 10 years ago and they use terrorist tactics to get what they want E.G. Taking school children hostage and killing them hell even the iraqi resistance don't do that or even alquieda so do us a favour mate and stop posting BS like this oh and it's DELUDED not diluted i mean seriously did you even get past 3rd grade ?

Terrorist tactics are used by every side, you have to be either ignorant or brainwashed not to notice that..

Once again people in desperate situations do desperate things, the bottom line is, why are they in a desperate situation in the first place.. Why isn't the motive behind the attacks mentioned in the news?

The difference between Chechen rebels and your heroes is that the Chechen rebels don't lie about their actions, they come straight forward and they say what they want and what they will do if they don't get it out of desperosity..

Don't forget to compare the two sides militarily and economically. The Chechen have no other option other than terrorism. Terrorism is the only tactic the extremely weak can use, that is obvious in personal level and in national level..

Last but not least:
Define Diluted in Google:

reduced in strength or concentration or quality or purity

What is your point?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

All I have to say is, regardless of your cause, regardless of whatever 'wrongs' have been done to you, or you country, terrorism is a cowardly act. We shouldn't even refer to them as terrorists. We should all label them 'COWARDS'. Even the media should. Only a coward walks anonymously amongst common citizens, and without confrontation destroys innocent civilians. It doesn't instill 'fear', it instills anger and motivation to retaliate.

No it doesn't cause fear, it causes attention to their cause and that is what they are asking for.. Why won't the world look at Chechen situation? Why doesn't the world care?

No one looked at Palestine until the first Intifada, get it? If you close your eyes and don't give a donkey's as$ then you need a slap to wake you up and see..

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

If Im not mistaken the Chechen as well as Ingush and Dagestani converted to Islam relatively recently. Also if I recall the tribes in the area united in order to fight the Tsar and later Stalin, and I think it was first Stalin who banned them from their home land. They were working with the Nazis who promised them their home land to fight insurgency against the Soviet Union.

I completely disagree with you though the Chechens are not all terrorists they are people, many have been pushing for Chechen Autonomous Region for decades, though you are right for some it isnt about autonomy so much as revenge. They were given limited autonomy several years ago and still were not happy though. Poor decision in my mind but I cant iamgine being them really.

I was considering doing my own thread about the situation back in 2006/7 and all because I am so sick of hearing people act like they know the situation when they have never been there and take sides, either side I dont care, the Russians torture information out of civilians and the Chechens execute non-combatants like those British telecomminications guys back in...2006 I think...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
One nation's Terrorist is another nation's Freedom Fighter. I have said that many times on ATS and I apologise for the repetition but it rings true. The sad part is that Civilians are the collateral damage when acts of Terror are perpetrated.

[edit on 30/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Can you reply to my post on P.4

You seem to love defending russia but why do you try and bury the war crimes commited by russian forces in chechnya?

People don't blow themselves up for no reason you know.

Poor chechens never had the support the Afghans and kosovans had, otherwise russia would have been out within no time.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Chechens didn't have the support because there was little gain supporting small mouse against such a big cat at that point in time, "Kosovans" as you call em had the support because it was beneficial for the US to gain another foothold that much closer to the big cat, at not much loss of their own. And now "Kosovans" gained their own personal Jihad State. Who cares about depleted uranium shells and cluster bombs used in bombing and who cares if your Jihad state is lair of the drug lords, after all, you don't look gift horse in the mouth.

Just a couple of pawns, moving on the board.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowKungFu
Chechens didn't have the support because there was little gain supporting small mouse against such a big cat at that point in time, "Kosovans" as you call em had the support because it was beneficial for the US to gain another foothold that much closer to the big cat, at not much loss of their own. And now "Kosovans" gained their own personal Jihad State. Who cares about depleted uranium shells and cluster bombs used in bombing and who cares if your Jihad state is lair of the drug lords, after all, you don't look gift horse in the mouth.

Just a couple of pawns, moving on the board.

Exactly!

One party commiting war crimes and the other party taking advantage to dominate further.

At the end of the day its the civillians who suffer on both sides.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join