It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine ready for killing Americans - Popular idea with the Left

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

There are several ways to look at what this Marine, if we can even call him/her that.. the only real interpretation that matters is the poster.

He clearly states that he is speaking to those that are calling for a new Civil War.. that is where he/she and I part ways. While I do not like the direction of our government, I cannot say in my sanity that I would wish better a war with my fellow citizens. What good is a nation of laws if those laws cannot be upheld through peaceful means?

I love the diversity in America, but with diversity comes problems we have to be willing to face together. The divide is clear, the solutions aren't. That is why I fully believe in the system that the founders came up with. Federal Government wasn't given a lot of power because even then, there was diverse views on what should and should not happen in the new nation.

The idea that man is free is not a matter of wishing.. it is a matter of fact. That is why we cannot be pooled into large groups like cattle and forced in one way or another. We need to be free to move in what ever direction we think best for us, not what direction our neighbor thinks best. When we are forced into line, it is natural to resist unless we agree with where that line is going, and it is certain that there will be those that resist.

Governments should only be in place to protect us from each other. That is the only good use that I can find in any government.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

man, I get so sick of people who sound like you: you think because you read a few sentences of something I wrote about a hypothetical situation- that you know something about me or have me pegged for a certain this or that. you dont know how I feel, I was simply stating the obvious. go on with your righteous 4SS. If you cant show me the same civility and respect I show you, then I'll put you on ignore. this is an intelligent debate- not "you read a few sentences then make your summary decision and that is that, log off and you had your say or put someone in their place." you jumped in late, and we are debating each sides pro's and con's.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by 12.13.2012]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.13.2012

Thats why the just side has to have the moral highground, otherise they become no different or any better than the tyrants.

There is a huge difference between the American and French revolutions. What I see the tin foil hat brigade leaning toward is the mentality of the French revolutionaries. That leads to even greater tyranny. A rabid mob won't result in liberty. It will result in a reign of terror.

The founders looked at what happened in France with utter horror. The American revolutionaries were not blood thirsty maniacs. We didn't have mass executions. We had reconciliation.

Thankfully this isn't France and the US military isn't going to stand by while the nation is destroyed.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The military has stood by while the nation has been destroyed thus far. No one in the armed forces made a peep when the govt. implemented patriot act and patriot act 2, and defiled the constitution. I dont think the foil hat brigade would be as rabid as you might think (right now), as they will be aided and abetted by many other civilians who want to see real change- not the bumper sticker.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This is on the OP!

This Marine is a Duesch! The military as well as the police are sworn to protect the constiitution . They don't swear to protect certain Government sects, parties, etc... I personally know a multitude of police officers, ex-Marines, Marines, Army, and Navy personnel that are in opposition of this mans words. I'm not saying there wouldn't be the side that will engage United States Citizens, just think the side that won't is rather larger.

Please don't take offense to this, it's not directed towards the Marines or any other branch. I have nothing but respect for the majority of our troops, just none for this man.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
lol this thread is way messed up. if you havent figured out the marines yet being a former marine and knowing quit a few devil dogs. we are peace and family orientetated people until you get our scruff going@ so do you think any marine will attack america citizens/ you out of your mind? this thread neads to stop as anyone knows there fellow devil dogs are the most loyal men and woman that anyone could ever have by there side. so stop with the bull#

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.13.2012

The military has stood by while the nation has been destroyed thus far. No one in the armed forces made a peep when the govt. implemented patriot act and patriot act 2, and defiled the constitution. I dont think the foil hat brigade would be as rabid as you might think (right now), as they will be aided and abetted by many other civilians who want to see real change- not the bumper sticker.

Its not the military's responsibility to intervene in our nation's politics.

56% of all elligable voters voted in 2008. 100 million voters didn't vote.

Those 100 million voters are responsible for maintaining our Republic. They shirked their responsibilities in 2008. Now they need to get off their butts and vote in November. Its their responsibility.

If real tyranny rises and the blood of the innocent is spilt, then we will intervene. Until then, people need to focus their anger at the voting booth.

[edit on 28/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Im gonna have to take a break from this debate soon, but it has been worth while. I'd have to say in closing tho: voting/elections are rigged and people are becoming aware of this. they will not allow it to continue for much longer, no matter what and we've already seen how ineffective peaceful protesting is. And in the event that the politicians can once again lead the military blindly into another bad idea- the difference this time is that the military will be running into a wall of trained battle hardened Oathkeepers before they ever get down to a core "insurgency".

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Im gonna have to take a break from this debate soon, but it has been worth while. I'd have to say in closing tho: voting/elections are rigged and people are becoming aware of this. they will not allow it to continue for much longer, no matter what and we've already seen how ineffective peaceful protesting is. And in the event that the politicians can once again lead the military blindly into another bad idea- the difference this time is that the military will be running into a wall of trained battle hardened Oathkeepers before they ever get down to a core "insurgency".

Its been an enlightening debate.

I agree some voting is rigged, but I think 100 million would make a big enough difference. There needs to be massive Ghandhi style peaceful protests.

The military will stand with and protect the innocent. That is my most important message here.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

by the way man, I appreciate your insight into this topic and would like to thank you for being an intellectual and refraining from name calling or slander. Not once did you try to call me out of my name or twist something I said to try to discredit me or my ideas here. Also, alot of people like to log on and just say " you are a ___ and so and so will happen, and you will be ___ as a result." so they can get their 2 cents in and feel good about themselves. you didnt do any of that either, and its more appreciated than you can know. If more people spoke as intelligently ( thinking before they type), then I bet alot more would get accomplished in this world. so, thanks again man.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
this marine...

needs to read up on some history of this country... to see who are the real anti-constitutional bigots in this country "COUGH* UN/CFR/The crown/Buldibergs *cough*

I think this marines an idiot who is brainwashed by his blind faith in his leadership.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

one last thing here: when you say "the military will stand with and protect the innocent" are you meaning that they will protect the government that funds the industrial military complex? Im sure that in every war thus far, the military has unfortunately slain countless innocents.
* Its going to be to whatever hand feeds the top brass isnt it? if it was about guarding and preserving the constitution, we would have had a military coup by now..

[edit on 28-3-2010 by 12.13.2012]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

one last thing here: when you say "the military will stand with and protect the innocent" are you meaning that they will protect the government that funds the industrial military complex? Im sure that in every war thus far, the military has unfortunately slain countless innocents.

I do mean the military will stand with the innocent.

Whoever has the moral highground will have support.

Were waiting for 100 million people to intervene at the voting booths.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.13.2012

sorry to butt in here, i read the thread and have to tell you that if the shtf there will be so many former marines ready for combat@ that is guaranteed@ so let the rest of your post lie as this thread is dead @ seriously too much lies and bull#@ wow! nothing left to see here! except everyone supposedly being a former marine and having a above top secret clearance ! f lol

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
The marine sounds like a worthless piece of sh!t, to be totally honest. Real sick bastard who should get his face caved in with a bat.

Talking about "dragging your dead child behind you", etc. Seriously, that is ridiculously disgusting behavior. Why is he even thinking about this?

Specifically to get people like you riled up. They want to fight the 'enemy', the political opponent to their power, and to make you the enemy you have to be the bad guy.

You have to be pissed off enough to make the first move. You need to hate.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

aren't you concerned that such a miltary undertaking is just as viable for the republicans, and in that event, the shoe could end up on the other foot? or do you believe both sides are communists now? i try to avoid wishing harm on others, even if i disagree with them.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Solasis

The article is a threat of violence which injects an approval message that it's okay for the U.S. Military to go to war with it's own citizens.
[edit on 27-3-2010 by harrytuttle]

No, just particular citizens.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Originally posted by SyphonX
The marine sounds like a worthless piece of sh!t, to be totally honest. Real sick bastard who should get his face caved in with a bat.

Talking about "dragging your dead child behind you", etc. Seriously, that is ridiculously disgusting behavior. Why is he even thinking about this?

Specifically to get people like you riled up. They want to fight the 'enemy', the political opponent to their power, and to make you the enemy you have to be the bad guy.

You have to be pissed off enough to make the first move. You need to hate.

Sorry to post one reply right after another.
Someone's itching for Martial Law.
This does sound like a rile-up.
The other thread about all the violence kind of dried up, as I suspected, some of the instances were overblown or outright fakes.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Precisely.
I believe amny things are just propaganda. Its so damn ironic it makes me very sad...

Right after 9-11 everyone was pissed and believed we needed to kill all the muslims. Now everyone's pissed at the police and military (notice almost EVERY thread about thems got people going 'all pigs should DIE'). So there will be civil war. People AGAIN suckered in to the lie even though believing they havent. Then everyone will be suckedered in to hating Jews next as Israels revealed to have done 9-11.

We always say we've learned and then make the same exact mistake, just with different variables...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
All this debate over a petty matter, will US marine shoot at people? Why does that matter at all?? At your current tempo of warfare there WON'T be any marines at home, for starters.
And that's not a good thing considering requirement for a marine is to possess some kind of a brain. Unlike army, which has same requirement standards as in the rest of the world... actually, even worse standard (gays, women...).

If you guys have a peaceful protest, your government (if it really is fascist) will make it into a riot... easily. Rioters would then be considered terrorists, and put into some torture camps like Gitmo. Well, many of you being armed, would shoot at the army and police due to some emotional stress. The peaceful protest would then escalate into a civil war.

But why would you protest? To overthrow the government? If that so, then the federal government will either chose to go peacefully or violently. A violent collapse of a union or federal entity has happened many times before and it involves all out war, genocide, famine and anarchy.

So, when you think of it, it doesn't really matter if some Marines chose factions. But it is silly to believe that entire Navy, Army or whatever would fight against the government all while generals are corrupt to the bone.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by SassyCat]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join