It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush 'wiped hand' after shaking with Haitian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So GWB does not want to keep his hands dirty ! He is seen in the video clearly wiping his hand after a handshake. What dieseases could he get and what is the need to clean the hand?

It only shows that he does not treat Haitians as equal. And what a public relations tragedy.

George W Bush has been accused of insensitivity during a visit to Haiti after apparently shaking a man's hand then quickly wiping it on the shirt of the man next to him.
The gesture, whether intentional or accidental, was criticised as insulting to the disaster-stricken country. Then, as the shirt belonged to Bill Clinton, it was suggested that Bush was demeaning him.

However, the truth is not easy to judge. As has been pointed out, one version of the BBC footage which is circulating on the internet appeared to have been speeded up or edited to make the "wipe" seem more obvious.

Source: Video GWB wiping hand

[edit on 26-3-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

He's got to be one of the dumbest people walking around on this planet.

Why he's allowed in public is beyond me

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Oh come now! You're being silly.

As for the handwiping, they're buds now, so it's cool.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If I were to shake a randoms hand only to find sweat or ANY sort of moisture on my hand afterwards, I would wipe it too.

Granted it was a bit dumb of him to wipe it on Bill Clintons shirt in full view of everyone directly after the fact, but still...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thread already exists. But to leave a few jokes from that thread.

Clinton would have more germs and slime on him, so why bother?

If you watch the video, Clinton wipes his hands on himself, comfortable with his own slime.

Oh, why does this even get posted?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I totally agree with ya, S&F for ya
did u see Clinton's face when he did that
it was like ..... u SOB !!!!
lmao

Bush Jr reminds me of that lil red headed
character on MAD magazine
and twice as stupid.
How this idiot ever became prez
is beyond me. it had to be voting machine
fraud.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

How this idiot ever became prez
is beyond me.

He was elected by the American people twice and twice resisted flagrant attempts to overthrow the election.

GWB is among the three best presidents in a hundred years.

He's definitely the best in the 21st Century.

Those who deride him for such inconsequential matters reveal their own smallness.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I totally agree with ya, S&F for ya did u see Clinton's face when he did that it was like ..... u SOB !!!! lmao

In the SAME video, you can see Clinton doing EXACTLY the SAME thing. Few seconds after Bush wipe his hands on Clinton's T-Shirt, he do the same in his own T-Shirt, in the chest's area, after shake some Haitian's hands. I don't know if there are other versions of this video, but in the sample was posted on ATS days ago, you can see it at 0:16 and then the camera cut it off to another take.
Why people aren't bashing Clinton, too?? 'cos he is an "american sweetheart"???

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Bill has always been the Bush's dish rag. George didn't even think twice. lol

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

No one knows what some of the Haitians had in their hands. American presidents are not universally loved in Haiti. Their not even universally loved in the US.

It's a common trick to put something slimy in one's hand and shake hands with someone. Under the circumstances, I can imagine that there were a few people who'd get a kick out of such a trick.

What's anyone going to do about it?

America responded with an enormous amount of aid to Haiti and some people are raising cane over this minuscule moment. That's pretty petty.

[edit on 2010/3/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ha!
Very slick move, Dubya.
I wouldn't worry about Clinton - he's been in a lot sleazier and slicker situations than that before!

And didn't Laura Bush do the same thing (wipe her hand) after an encounter with Chirac a few years back?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
He was elected by the American people twice

only by rigged voting machines

also why didnt they just wear
plastic gloves??

[edit on 26-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am no fan of GWB, but let us assume GWB really was wiping his hands. Maybe it is possible the guy whose hand he shook had dirty hands or something.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I really don't know what to make of it. Am I the only one to think that was more of a caress then a wipe?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
It only shows that he does not treat Haitians as equal. And what a public relations tragedy.

All this demonstrates is your ignorance.

While you may not SEE IT, virtually ALL politicians cleanse their hands thoroughly after "pressing the flesh" with the public. This is to prevent the spread of disease, to which politicians are ESPECIALLY prone because they are constantly shaking hands.

Yes, even Barack Obama wipes his hands after shaking those of the public and other world leaders.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
GW Bush is not my pal. However, after watching the video three times, it doesn't seem like a "wipe" to me. Look again, and noted that his fingers are arched. Seems more of a gesture to Clinton to me.

What, are we supposed to believe that both of them are shaking dozens -- if not more -- hands and yet Bush secretly holds so much absolute disdain for the people that he periodically wipes his hands? What is he doing there then?

I've been in a first responder team for various earthquakes. I've had people shake my hand, hug me, even want to kiss me for the work we did. I appreciated their appreciation. I wondered about germs. In the absence of services/utilities, disease often spreads rapidly. Human bodies are a festering cornucopia of bacteria, germs, viruses. Take people -- say, after the Northridge Earthquake in the L.A. area, which I responded to -- take people who are accustomed to various services where the services are suddently cut off. People get dirty fast. We, who were responding, the teams got dirty fast. No water to spare for hygiene, people defecating and urinating on open surfaces and often without the benefit of toilet paper. It wasn't pretty. I don't suppose all that went through the two Presidents' minds as they were shaking hands with the good folks of Haiti, but I wouldn't fault them if it was.

This video and OP seems a lot to me like the quickview videos of Obama doing some little thing, followed by a slanted interpretation of what the little thing means, such as the alleged leer at a woman's backside. I'm no fan of President Obama, but this kind of smearing has got to stop.

President Clinton, President Bush were in Haiti, doing what they could. They both still command potentially huge resources, and nothing wrong with a lifting of the morale of the people.

Nothing more, IMO.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nope, you're not the only one. It's hard for me to be impartial with someone I dislike (Bush), but I see it the way you do Nixie. It was more of a gesture than a wipe.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

also why didnt they just wear
plastic gloves??

And you don't think that the fringe elements wouldn't have gone berserk over that?

new topics

top topics

join