It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Be my guest,' repeal healthcare, Obama tells GOP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

As Stephen King put it

“Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.”

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Wow, so you admit that both parties are the same, good going. Thanks for playing.

You just proved the Dem/Repub paradigm. You should get the philosophical Nobel Prize.

No, that is being reserved for Obama on one of his great quotes. Say like-

A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense.'

or maybe

Al Qaeda is still a threat. We cannot pretend somehow that because Barack Hussein Obama got elected as president, suddenly everything is going to be OK.

or maybe

I can make a firm pledge, under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.

Sorry, I started delving into his lies. I could not find anything too philosophical though. Since his writers are about as dumb as he is.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Hmm...Seems Mitt Romney is a mega fan of federal mandates.

He's already trying to flip flop on it. Now his position is, when a state mandates coverage, it's ok. When the feds mandate coverage, it's an egregious abuse of power and unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
And who is gonna be s****ing bricks when exactly the opposite happens?

u may be right, but if it is, it will be voting machine fraud.
This is exactly how Bush Jr. stole the election from Al Gore.
however u may not have seen that video
on youtube where the gov official hired a
programmer to write source code to alter
electronic machines outcome in favor of
their candidate George Bush Jr.

more voter machine fraud videos

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I remember the outrage from the left when Bush made his "bring 'em on" remark.
Now Obama tells the repubs "go for it" and it's not a big deal.

I guess the lefties feel that fellow Americans are a much greater threat than the enemy will ever be???

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

I guess the lefties feel that fellow Americans are a much greater threat than the enemy will ever be???

Well it is probably a big deal for some, go at it, be outraged...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Do you understand the difference between separation of the state and federal powers?

I myself feel any mandated purchase of a product to be abhorrent.

Like everyone has said, what next?

GM car? Or forced bank accounts at new Goldman Sachs banks?

Do any of you understand the downright stupidity to mandate the citizens to do ANYTHING?

Sometime I weep for the ignorance.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Different day, same alligator dung around here. Can the Kernel ask a question? If the Dem's maintain power this year, can we put to bed what "America wants" and "what's good for America? This is getting old.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

You do realize that Bush's "bring 'em on" quote was directed at Al Qaeda. Right?

I think there is a little bit of context difference with regards to these two quotes.

One was directed at a political party to "go for it" and overturn a bill. And one was directed at a terrorist organization that had our troops in their sites.

Do you see the difference?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Schaden

Do you understand the difference between separation of the state and federal powers?

I myself feel any mandated purchase of a product to be abhorrent.

Like everyone has said, what next?

GM car? Or forced bank accounts at new Goldman Sachs banks?

Do any of you understand the downright stupidity to mandate the citizens to do ANYTHING?

Sometime I weep for the ignorance.

Good thing you have health care. You might fall on that slippery slope.

Am I allowed to slip in the opposite direction with a fallacy in order to discredit your points?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
He's already trying to flip flop on it. Now his position is, when a state mandates coverage, it's ok. When the feds mandate coverage, it's an egregious abuse of power and unconstitutional.

This is 100% correct, how is it a "flip flop"? This is a regulation that has always been managed on a state level, just as education. Now, it's to be federally mandate; thus, the fed over-stepping its authority. Historically, health-care insurance has been mandated on a state-by-state basis.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Sorry, no health care. No job. Severe arthritis.

Still not going to put a gun to your head and demand you pay for medical coverage for me.

How about you take that gun away from my head.

Our country's income taxes go DIRECTLY to the Federal Reserve. How bout you put a gun to their head and make them pay for it.

How bout you frelling leftist's scream about Empire! Oh #, your man's in now and you could care less about the wars, because you see free money on the horizon. You calling for us to go into Iran now too?

Why the hell do you people not put your frustrations toward the tyrants and not your damn fellow citizens. We are not your enemy.

Grow up.

Your country is frelling broke. "But Obama has money for me". Frell you and the ignorance that brought you.

edit to add-I am a Constitutional Libertarian for your information.

HOW BOUT YOU DEMS AND THE REPUBS leave me a little of my frelling Republic standing. Maybe a couple frelling rights too! I do not want to be part of your frelling utopian EMPIRE!

[edit on 3/26/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

You dont have to put a gun to my head. I would gladly give up a small percentage of my income to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you have no job, health care and severe arthritis. Arthritis can be really debilitating. Is it RheumatoidA?

May I ask what you are doing to get by without a job? How are you paying for your bills and things? Food? etc.

It is a tough time for many right now. I know a lot of people who are out of work.

I agree with you about the federal reserve and I am for the legislation that RonPaul is trying to get through. Sadly there are a lot of Dems and Reps who have a lot of vested interest.

And just so you know I am very angered about the wars. Iraq and Afghanistan, and who knows maybe Iran? I think the US involvement is a huge drain on our capital and it has lead to the deaths of many innocent lives.

I realize that you are not my enemy, but your claims are using the slippery slope argument which is a logical fallacy. I understand where you are coming from but you do not need to resort to these types of false arguments to make your point.

Why do you keep referring to it as "your country"? Are you not from the US?

For your information I am neither a Democrat or Republican and have voted for either of those parties very sparingly. I did not vote for Obama. I agree with some what he stands for and I disagree with some of what he stands for.

It is very clear from your post that you are angry about a vast array of issues and you are entitled to that but your tone comes through to your own detriment and you have made many generalizations about me that are not true.

I hope things turn around for you. Financially as well as your health.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

If it's unconstitutional for the feds to mandate health insurance, it's likewise illegal for states. The constitution trumps all.

I'm not buying the 10th amendment argument at all. From Ron Paul, sure. Not from Romney.

It's absurd to try and apply a narrow strict constructionist sense of the 10th amendment to health care in light of all the other overreaching powers the federal claims for itself. There is like a 1% chance the SC finds it unconstitutional.

But from my understanding, even a finding of the mandate being unconstitutional would not discard the whole thing. The law would need to be modified. Basically write it so, if a citizen doesn't buy insurance, they don't get all of these tax breaks and benefits. So it's no longer technically illegal to be insurance-less, but the incentives would be such that you'd be foolish not to buy health insurance, especially low income people that won't even spend out of pocket. They can make it extremely cohersive and yet not mandate you carry insurance by law.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

I watched a video earlier today, it was pretty good.

One of the most poignant things asked was, "what in the government's eyes, is not Constitutional".

Can you find a section in the Constitution where a draft could be found anywhere? Of course not.

This government will do any damn thing it wants, period.

It is a basic premise, once the power is taken, it is NEVER given up.

Long live the EMPIRE.

The Dems call for more power for certain things. The Repubs call for power for another.

Now we are on the edge of destruction, who to blame, oh it must have been them Damn citizens. They did not work hard enough.

edit to add-as for the people making 300-400% above poverty, they will be paying appx 10% of their income.

Yeah, 10% is not that bad of a tax. Now, let me ask you something, now that they are paying for mandatory insurance, will they get to drop their medicare tax.

NOPE

Tax and control is the name of the game.

Thanks everyone for making this a tyrannical totalitarian society.

Thanks everyone. EMPIRE.

[edit on 3/26/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Would much rather see a bunch of independents run on this platform. The Republicans speaking on constitutionality of bills is just plain rhetoric.

Side note.

The census is being tallied up as we speak. Obama is running it. Anyone know where your district borders are? Well they are fixin to change. You freedom loving republicans may have just become a minority if they change your district to include more handout wanting democrats. Just something you might think about come Nov. and the district you are accustomed to has drastically changed. I really hope someone sees this post, everyone should know what this census does aside from "federal funding".

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Now, let me ask you something, now that they are paying for mandatory insurance, will they get to drop their medicare tax.

damn good point there E !!!!
I would like to be sure about that myself.
can I drop my medicare tax since I'm paying the new
mandatory healthcare??? If not, then I am double
taxed, once as a deduction on my paycheck and then
again in a monthly insurance bill that comes by mail.
The new law already says that Medicare benefits
are decreasing but the Medicare tax deducted IS NOT!!!
That means the Medicare profit margin is increasing.

And even if I could do that:
I would be paying more than the old Medicare Tax was
anyway. So it's gonna go up either way. Damn, this new
law sucks. We're screwed !!!!

I also wonder if this new law was designed in some
way to help save the Social Security system since Social Security
recipients are the primary users of Medicare???

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Why push it? Something is wrong and the other side needs to wake up and smell whatever it is. I am not 100% sure but my gut tells me something is just not right when you see things like this. Why push so hard when people are so angry? Why not try and sell it and reassure people with town hall meetings or something?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Now, let me ask you something, now that they are paying for mandatory insurance, will they get to drop their medicare tax.

Don't be silly. Two different programs. Though it make sense to combine them in the long run.

Health Insurance isn't mandatory despite what the "Party of No" and Faux News wants you to believe. But if you don't have it, you might have to pay more tax.

In EXACTLY the same way that an IRA is not mandatory, but if you don't have one you might have to pay more tax.

There is NO DIFFERENCE in the concept (Disclaimer: that is how I understand it - I do not speak for the authors of the bill or the White House of course).

This bill is a WIN for the American People. That is why the Insurance Companies, The Party of No, and Faux News don't like it.

[edit on 26/3/2010 by rnaa]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Why push it? Something is wrong and the other side needs to wake up and smell whatever it is. I am not 100% sure but my gut tells me something is just not right when you see things like this. Why push so hard when people are so angry? Why not try and sell it and reassure people with town hall meetings or something?

Sorry. Are you being ironic or sarcastic? Town Hall meetings were attacked during the last Congressional recess cycle by agent-provocateurs. And Obama is on the "campaign" trail right now.

So what is it that you are suggesting should be done again?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join