It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF of reverse racism in South Africa - This is getting Ugly...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Its also like that in london. Reverse racism is used by these groups to justify there crimes against there neighbours and anyone else.

I can confirm that Andy and it has been like that for a very long time in London. When I returned from south America in the late 1970’s we ended up living in Camberwell and the School I ended up going to turned out to be the roughest and most violent in London at the time – Peckham manor.

The black kids made our lives and the lives of the other minority white kids absolute hell to the point I attempted suicide aged about 12 by swallowing ground up glass so yes this so called reverse racism forced down our throats to such an extent blighted my education for years because I had to fight and be beaten every single day for several years. My mother had her face always buried in a bible and my father had become an abusive and violent alcoholic because of the carnage we had witnessed in Port Kaituma – long story!

They could not help me they were in there own hell and myself and my brothers were just problems to them at the time.

The teachers at the school were uncompromising, ridiculing brutes that I grew to hate and I daydreamed about doing unspeakable things to them all just like I had seen in the film “If” at the time my favourite film as it found meaning and as I saw it then a positive purpose within my school days hell.

I am not being racist when I say this because what I am stating next is true and is an objective truth not a subjective one. The black kids were creatures of hate I grew to hate as they prowled the playgrounds looking for white kids and Asian kids to assault and rob. My parents were to my mind in those hellish days part of the problem for forcing me to go to that school and they were suddenly creatures I despised for throwing my brothers and me into such a hellhole of worsening violence, knife crime and secret beatings.

However though I hated the black kids in those days, when urged by members of a skinhead gang to run with them I would not join their national front gangs because during my time in Guyana I had made some brilliant friendships and they were friendships with Black, Portuguese and Asian people so I was not going to sell my soul for anyone no matter the level of persuasion.

The national front was huge back then and the infamous Brixton riots kicked off during my time of hell in London with a savagery that shocked to the core. The skinheads wanted my soul and for my resistance to their violent rhetoric and public shows of violence was just as savage as the gangs of black kids I spent my time trying to avoid. I was wedged between a rock and a hard place as the black kids would attack me on sight whenever a teacher was out of sight. The skinheads would attack me to the point where I ended up slashed one week and stabbed the next, some bones broken the next via a gang beating, so on and so forth.

I still carry the physical scars, though the mental ones are long since healed - I really grew to hate my parents as it happens!

Today I see it as one of those life trials where the sink or swim mentality was as real as the nose on my face. I wanted to be a bookworm in preteen and I remember thinking before returning from Guyana, South America that I would study hard in the UK to become an author but by the time I left London and the hateful beings that roamed its school halls I had become a truanting hollow shell, a something else and then something vile seemed to grow and twist within me and in adulthood I became a nightclub bouncer in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Penicuik aching for someone to give me cause and later a soldier aching to end something.

It took me years of hard work to regain my humanity and I know exactly where I lost it, in the devils playground, London, SE15, Peckham Manor, a real house of horrors in those days make no mistake!

You pay a price when you live a violent life – the price that karma expects for your crimes is very real, very savage and I have paid it twice over. I am against violence today and I just want peace and mutual understanding but I know it will never come, we are a race of Klingons, and the majority seem to love blood.

I agree with you Andy, London sucks!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
This is not a warped version of how South Africa is. This is how it is. I see the news everyday...for a while I tried not to watch, but realized I need to know what goes for what. If you had to see what goes on here every day, you would be disgusted! The other day we went through to Cape Town city center, and there was a riot & striking-again! It happens waaayyy too much here.

Uhm. yes it is. Read the rest of your paragraph. I see the news every day... The other day we went through to Cape Town...
It's how you perceive the world around you. Giving a one-sided story or opinion does make it warped...

Do you have any idea how much our country has gone down the drain since BEE has been put into place? Do you have any idea how much trouble it has caused? Companies are forced to employ blacks who have no qualifications for the job, and then 6 whites in low paying positions to fix their screw ups because they have no idea what they are doing. Why do you think Eskom has such a bad name recently?

Just to clear up. I'm a white male living in a major city in Gauteng. So I'm one of those most affected by "Affirmative Action" (perhaps you're confusing BEE with Affirmative action because they're not exactly the same thing...) My world is ten times "worse" than what you experience in Hermanus - or even Cape Town for that matter. I don’t earn millions, I live in an average home and drive an average car... I see people get hurt by crime... Then how can it be that my outlook is so much different from your point of view?

Because I don't let them get to me. That's the whole point I'm trying to make - which you're missing. The fear mongering... Julius Malema sings a song that hurt our feelings, and now everyone is upset and scared of Julius Malema... They want to flee the country... And Malema and his cronies smile and rub their hands together because their tactics had exactly the effect they wanted them to have... It's called fear mongering and if you don't see it, it WILL affect you.

I ask you what happened to the Afrikaner that stood their ground next to Bloedrivier (Blood river) even though all odds were against them? Where has the brave Afrikaner gone. Someone sings a racist song and swings an angry fist and you want to flee the country? Perhaps it's time for some self-examination?

I don't mean we should pick up "Sanna's" (Front loaders) and start a racial war. I'm just saying that you shouldn't let the bullies intimidate you. The moment you allow them to "get to you", then their mission is accomplished...

The secret that no one is telling you is that the biggest bullies are the biggest cowards. And that is a fact. Julius Malema is a very bad person... Don't enable him or even give him the time of day to start a thread about him. 90% (in my opinion) of Malema’s “fame” is because the media puts him on the front page every other day (even bad publicity is good publicity)...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thank you Gemwolf, I see where you are coming from.

By no means am I trying to leave the country, I do not want to flee. And I'm not afraid of Julius Malema. What I am afraid of though, is the masses of people he is influencing...big difference.

Just saw the news, Julius Malema now has charges against him for hate speech and a whole bunch of other things. I wish I could post the news section but did not have the means to record it. I will see if I can find an article.

It's just weird to me, the whole country now seems to be taking this seriously, while others brush it off. I envy you in a way because you don't seem afraid.
At least, by seeing that something is being done about this now after tonights news session I feel vindicated. Many whites as well as blacks voiced their opinion about what Julius Malema has done & to me, that is a great thing.

I know there are great people of color in this country and even more happy that they are standing up for what is right on national news even if it is against their own kind.

Seems there is hope for us.

I appreciate your reply and respect your opinion. Even if it does contrast mine...I live and learn...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I hope you started writing man
reading your post was powerful.

Some pics I stumbled upon Rueters by accident:
www.reuters.com...=12

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
South Africa is in meltdown, i don't think any of us can dispute that. However i feel that there are a number of factors in our favour. I've never left the country, and have neither the means nor the desire to go anywhere else. My family and i are stuck here.

The ANC are our biggest problem, have been for a long time. In the 20 years since they've had power, everything has been systematically destroyed, i believe on purpose.
The ANC rule by the diktat of Washington, with the sole purpose of raping this countries mineral, and other wealth. Zimbabwe only has emeralds, mostly, the food is gone now. South Africa has it all, gold diamonds uranium platinum etc, lots of it. It changes the balance.
The politics mean nothing to where the real money is. Remember: during apartheid the Oppenheimers owned 80% of SA's wealth. That hasn't changed much.
The country is burning, we are reaching crisis point fast, how soon before the middle class join the working in protesting? With the wave of repossesions that is going to result form the electricity hike, the market can fall fast. The ANC has gone too far in every respect. And as white people have YET to learn, anarchy is an answer sometimes. ungovernable is the word the ANC used back in the day, make a country ungovernable. And the recent service delivery protests, all over, the poor people are living that reality. unless you burn tyres, nobody does a damned thing.

The man in the street knows this. He knows it is not the white man that's keeping him down, it's the ANC. Now TSHF time is coming, Uhuru or somesuch, it seems to me to be a logical inevitability. I'm hoping for a march on parliment, kill them all first. But it will be mobs with pangas .. the fires will burn bright, but not long.

I love my country, what it was, what it is (in part) and what it could be ....

i agree with Zuma though, bring me my machine gun, please.

PS edit to add link:
a black female nurse from Klerksdorp did it, apparently.
Praag

[edit on 26-3-2010 by harryhaller]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Hello jinx. Although it may be too early to tell, you might want to learn some self defence skills should SHTF. Arm your crew if all else fails but remember to be brave and not lose hope. With time some stability may bring good fortune towards you but you got to keep your chin up and don't take no crap from anyone.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There is no such thing as reverse racism. White people can't be discriminated against. Racism only applies if you are not white.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

How very odd and I say very odd because I seem to remember that large gangs of black teenagers used to beat me and my brother black and blue purely because of the colour of our skin (it was overtly obvious) so if that is not “reverse racism” then I do not know what is?

I even remember being called a white (insert various sexual expletives of choice) on many occasions before the onset of unprovoked group violence – by gangs of black teenagers I must add.

I am fascinated to read your response because though it was senseless and gratuitous violence it was focused, targeted and to my eye was definitely based on skin colour as the black kids at that school preyed on other black kids only very rarely.

However when it came to white teens it was an everyday occurrence – not an exaggeration either.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
There is no such thing as reverse racism. White people can't be discriminated against. Racism only applies if you are not white.

Absolute rubbish.

The only equivalent would be me saying racism against blacks wasn't racism, but common sense (or natural order). (which is obviously a stupid thing to say)

Racism can be practiced by any cultural group against any other cultural group. I have been refused entry into many organisations purely on the basis of my skin colour. That is racism, and it doesn't matter what my skin colour is.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Racism can be practiced by any cultural group against any other cultural group. I have been refused entry into many organisations purely on the basis of my skin colour. That is racism, and it doesn't matter what my skin colour is.

I can relate to you on that.

I applied for a bursary, on the forms it asked my race- I ticked the box named 'other' because my father is Israeli (mother Irish) and my skin is quite tanned...I do not consider myself 'white' as such.... In any case, I got accepted.

When I went in for the interview, I was denied because my skin was too light. The 50 students who got the bursaries, were all black.... & during the time I was helping out at the NGO (organizing career days and branding) not one of those students took their work seriously, it was like a big joke for them.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
For a thread entitled, "PROOF of reverse racism in South Africa - This is getting Ugly...", this thread has sure turned into something else more along the lines of "Allow me to hate on my country and help me find a better one".

Yes, racism does exist in this wonderful country that I call home, but show me a COUNTRY where no racist person lives and I will offer my sincere apologies.

That the seemingly only option is to leave as there is no hope for this country is absurd.

If you choose to do nothing about a problem that you have, then best you stay silent about it and wallow in your self-pity while doing nothing. Don't complain about that which you can change but choose to do nothing about.

During Apartheid, when racism was rife and the people were being treated unfairly, they made a point of making it clear that conditions were unjust and they wanted change.

If the situation is as bad that you fear for your life and do not think that SA is a country to raise a family in, do something about it! If you choose to sit idly by on forums and lament the situation, don't expect divine intervention to rescue the hopeless situation which you speak of.

For the record, I am not black, I am not an ANC supporter and by no means do I support Julius Malema.

I am only of the opinion that if you are unhappy about the country you live in that you should do something constructive about it and not be hypocritical about matters..

Be the change you want to see in the world.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jane_Doe1

The fact that I posted it in this forum does not indicate that I sit by idly and do nothing about it.

This is communication, and I try to bring awareness as much as I can on any topic I feel passionate about. In fact, I am busy with a project at the moment in bringing awareness to the poverty stricken areas of my town.

Not once did I say I want to leave, in fact I stated the exact opposite. Don't be so quick to make assumptions if you obviously did not read the thread, it's not that long only three pages...

And just so by the way- I AM THE CHANGE I want to see. I am a volunteer, I donate whatever I can spare to the poorer community living in the locations such as clothing, utensils, mattresses, blankets etc. I buy food constantly for the beggar on the street and never turn away someone in need unless I have nothing to give. I would give the coat off my back if I saw someone standing in the cold. So, I am quite offended by your comments.

So PLEASE do not jump to conclusions or make assumptions on what type of person I am because I do not agree with someone like Malema and his followers spreading hate and causing more problems for our country! We have so many other things to focus on right now, our country is behind in almost every aspect. But Malema is taking us five steps back into apartheid days by the message he is sending!

Just because I did not go and riot or protest with the rest of the white people in Cape Town (I do not have a car yet, it's being fixed for road worthy) does not mean I am not standing up for what I believe in.

I focus more on being kind to people of all colors in this Country. Because at the moment it is the only means I have to make a change.

So please, stop being a hypocrite and get off the forums yourself if you feel it is doing this country an injustice...

Edit for typos

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I feel your pain, OP. SA sounds scary on so many levels. And the rape / AIDS stats back it up. If I were you, I'd seriously think about getting out. How about Australia, New Zealand, Canada or the UK? Culturally they have a lot in common with you.

One approach would be to look at the skills they are looking for, and get trained in those areas. Then get your family in as dependents.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I forgot to add the /sarcasm/ before hand guys. I don't believe that ,however ,I do have friends that do and it is quite sad. I was trying to point out the idiotic viewpoint of those whom sling the racist card around willy-nilly.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by djvexd]

[edit on 31-3-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This thread hit a very fresh nerve as I am in the process of trying to get a partner visa to live and work in Australia. NOT because I hate SA. (I am so homesick now it's not even funny) But because I love my partner and she can't work there. (She isn't scared either, just bee and #)

So here are some of my thoughts, might be a bit long.

Originally posted by Retrovertigo
I hope someone comes along and puts a lid on this for you guys, and fast...

Not me. The fat kid is more dangerous right now dead than alive. “Google Chris Hani funeral” Chris Hani was a prominent figure in the ANC who was assasinated in 93, many people believe if he had lived he would have been president instead of Mandela. The button man was a pole (ie white) and allegedly hired by the Nats at the time. I remember on the day of the funeral there were huge riots, buses burnt, people killed. I remember seeing the photos in the newspaper (can only find the story now not the pics
There were photos of burning buses next to photos of homeowners sitting on their roofs with shotties, and boxes and boxes of buckshot.

It was come to think of it much more frightening at the time then any of the “black swarm” or “red monday” theories ever were. That is the only time in my memory that I have been truly worried for SA.

The fat kid doesn't scare me now but if a white guy was blamed for knocking him off then the # will truly have it the fan

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
Why is there a power struggle over the ****hole that South Africa is ( besides Hermanus of course)

I thnk you and most of the " whites" will be much happier somewhere else. California's nice this time of year, ... hell, any time of year its california !!

Cali is nice but South Africa is ours. We identify culturally with Americans, Antipodians and Europeans. But ultimately we are proud of who we are, we are proud that that we are not America or Britain. South Africans today love their country for the country. I personally can't identify with any kind of political nationalism I believe it polarises the world. But I can love the land, I love the people, and love the potential, what I love most is that we are trying to create an English speaking first world country that is not ultimately a vassal of the world current bullies (though I admit it's touch and go sometimes) The original Boere who undertook the great trek and carved a home out of a wild and dangerous wilderness fought the worlds biggest superpower at the time because they saw in South Africa what those who can't understand today still do not see.
If you have to ask you'll never know.

Originally posted by Misoir
I'm sure this guy is a fan of Pan-Africanism in which I would say there is more to fear than in just SA. The African Union could be easily corrupted to tilt in this lunatics favour and he could try and 'liberate' all of Africa, the whole continent. We could be looking at genocide in SA and the whole continent if he played his cards right.
[edit on 3/25/10 by Misoir]

The fat kid recently mad another big mistake in a series of big mistakes when he claimed that the PAC (Pan Africanist Congress) Hijacked credit for the 1960 Sharpeville massacre. (will put article links here when i figure out how to shorten the url) /ygw9gaj
/ylxxslx

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I feel sorry for my Grandmother, and my whole family...they live in Pretoria and Johannesburg...& seems that is where the ball will start rolling.

NOT cool.

I wouldn't worry too much just quite yet Jinx. It looks like the world and his brother is coming down on our Juju now and judging by local response to his Nationalisation lessons he is taking in Zim he is already starting to lose support.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The ANC has been experiencing a great deal of infighting of the last few years and this huy may believe it or not tip the scales I n our favour. His tantrum of trying to nationalise the mines and now the SEAT cables stems from being refused the private tender when it was up for grabs. The guy has a list of legal actions against him a mile long. So did Zuma you say? True but Zuma wasn't threatening big business. The second juju takes on the unions will be the nail in his coffin.
And if I am wrong well take heart in the fact that Pretorians and Joburgers are no strangers to conflict and are amongst the toughest civvies in the world

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Malema should be removed from power in a logical and "by the book" manner - starting with his complete disregard for the law. Visit Afriforum to see what they are doing.

If you flee, then they've won. England, Canada and the USA don't want you, and New Zealand or Australia might take you - but in the end you'll never feel welcome or at home. You are as much an African as a Zulu, Xhosa or San. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

AMEN to that, I do not classify myself as european. And I definitely see myslef as more african then half of the black people I have met in Britain. The rest of the world has made it perfectly clear that we are not European so why can't we realise it oursleves. I am currently traveling a lot with my partner who is an Aussie and at nearly evey turn I have to do a ton of paperwork to just enter another country while she waltzes through. South African passport = African.

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Personally, I can't see why any white person would stick around SA .. move away .. what's there for you? Move to Europe (not America if you don't like being called racist) or Canada, or Australia .. SA is one country I would never move to, or even visit.

I find this ironic. When I ws in the states and now here in the UK the fear, just general nameless fear, is nearly tangible. Why bother moving to the states or the the UK or OZ where the media just scrares the bejezuz out of everybody on a daily level. At least we know what our threat is, and look we're not even shooting yet.

reply to post by Rockpuck

I know I'm over-exaggerating, but my point is: nowhere is perfect. For every bad aspect of SA I can name you three good aspects... For every reason you can think up to get out of the country, I can name two reasons to stay here.

Couldn't agree more.
Bush drives, Braais, beautiful landscapes, best environmentalists in the world. Tectonically safe (no chance of quakes, volcanoes and such), no one's going to nuke us, J-Bay, cheap beer, space, very little censorship, diverse cultures (it really isn't just black and white y'know) and if it came to ultimate survival stick me with any old school SA Troep and i'll feel pretty safe even if he is now 70.

I ask you what happened to the Afrikaner that stood their ground next to Bloedrivier (Blood river) even though all odds were against them? Where has the brave Afrikaner gone. Someone sings a racist song and swings an angry fist and you want to flee the country? Perhaps it's time for some self-examination?

I have often wondered about that. The shame borne by the capable members of the previous regime
must be heavy indeed. They did not implement the right kind of protection for the rights of white South Africans before the hand over. Or should I say protection from tenderpreuners and tribal favouritism.

The secret that no one is telling you is that the biggest bullies are the biggest cowards. And that is a fact. Julius Malema is a very bad person... Don't enable him or even give him the time of day to start a thread about him. 90% (in my opinion) of Malema’s “fame” is because the media puts him on the front page every other day (even bad publicity is good publicity)...

The fat kid will get what's coming to him and lets all hope it is by the book. If not lets just hope there is not a shadow of doubt that it's not a whitey who does him in. Keep reading the news he is digging his own grave.

Methinks mob justice and a necklacing by his own adoring masses when they finally click that his just raping their support for his own ends- poetic justice

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok trying to link those articles used up my character count so here they are
PAC Will Injure Malema to death

R2M to Kill Malema

It's intersting to note how they "can't track the number" and how quickly it gets blamed on some Boeretjie in Delmas.

Watch this space.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

I'll be watching...

This is becoming more confusing as it goes along. First, Malema threatens to murder Jacob Zuma...& the next thing you know, the ANC is defending Malema on national news and vow continue singing these songs "so that many future generations will know where we(they) are coming from ".

Now I'm wondering which party it was that said they were disgusted by Malemas behavior and said quote- " we will not put up with Malema's nonsense"....

Very confused...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Hey Jinx. Sorry I am completely unaware of Malema threatening Jayzee. When was this?

A lot of the support Zuma got that lead to him ousting Thabo he owes to Malema. And I do remember leading up the the elections when Malema stated to the press that if Zuma wasn't made president he would have no compunction in killing or dying himself to ensure that Zuma got the position- about 2 years ago if i'm not mistaken (And again Malema has a flair for rhetoric that abandons logic). Are you maybe refering to that? Or have I missed something.

As to which party it was that said they were disgusted by Malemas behavior and said " we will not put up with Malema's nonsense".... I would think it could have been nearly anyone and everyone. The guy is picking up a handful of new enemies every time he opens his fat lips. Hell it could even have come from a faction within the ANC

More than likely it was Afriforum but it could easily have been the DA, FF,ID even the PAC and a ton of other action groups.

I'll look into and ask someone back home when I get the chance.
Until then all I can do is check the news everyday and count the days till I get home... Ahhh home I know you probably don't want to hear this but I would kill right now to trade Edinburgh with Hermanus. Yeah, the people are great, everyone obeys the law, wages are better, less crime blah blah. But sunshine, wine, and whale watching from the porch are enough incentive for me.

Try to remember that along with all SA's facial warts we often get to see, feel and experience things that most of the first world never will. It's all about balance. On that note Julius is balancing on very thin wire at the moment and by his very philosophy he has to keep leaning one way, he can't adjust or correct his position without compromising the kind of support he currently enjoys,sooner or later he has to either fall off, or abandon his stance all-together to be able to adjust his position. He is just another demagogue in a new form, not a statesmen. He might be able to raise support and even influence senior officials (because money talks). But ultimately he has no idea how to negotiate, arbitrate and lead.

What kind of coverage has he been getting from SABC and etv news?
I bet e is trying hard to blast him from every angle while SABC is approvingly critical? Has Carte blanche done anything on him lately, again if not I would bet it's on the cards.

Lastly don't worry about being confused. I think it's compulsory to be terminally confused if you are a South African, I know I am. comes with the territory.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Been back a year now in South Africa after 4 years living in the US then Yemen and finally 2 years in the UK and WOW!!! what a great place to be back in!!!

I find this topic very strange as I am a white male, living in Midrand Johannesburg and I am 37 years old.

To date I have not seen or heard the rubbish that is being spoken of here.

Yes there is crime in SA but one of my reasons for leaving the UK was that I got mugged, burgled twice and even stabbed in London by some hoody punk and came back to SA as I feel far safer here than anywhere else in the world...

I was working for the emergency services (NHS) in London and got to see some really awful things there.

I was absolutely amazed to take note of how the British media does not report on a fraction of the s#!t going on there just to give the general population the impression that all is well and rosy when indeed it is actually far worse than South Africa in many areas.

If you can't make it in SA then you most certainly will not make in anywhere else in the world, I guarantee you that.

I am back in the Police reserve too (volunteer police officer) as I refuse to a part of the problem by throwing my hands in the air and blaming the government for everything and I am actively doing something about securing my neighborhood and giving something back to this wonderful country that I will never leave again.

I can honestly say that I have seen so much positive change but sadly the media here is so quick to exaggerate a negative story purely for sensationalism.

If you want to hear and read about what the other half of both white and black South Africans have to say then I suggest you go to this site:

South Africa - The Good News

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves or get out of SA if you can't hack it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join