It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA, State Department Apparently Acting on Plan to Destroy Wikileaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

CIA, State Department Apparently Acting on Plan to Destroy Wikileaks

trueslant.com

The New York Times deserves credit for having reported on the U.S. intel community’s plan to discredit Wikileaks a few days ago. More to the point, this should help to convince those who may be coming to this late to the game that, yes, this is legitimate. Our nation’s intelligence service has targeted this website for destruction, and is most likely carrying out some variant on the plan at this very moment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I heard on the radio a few days ago that the US was planning to block Wikileaks along with China, Israel, North Korea, Russia, Thailand, Zimbabwe, and several other countries.

They claim the right to remove objectionable content from, block access to, and investigate crimes related to the posting of documents or comments to Web sites.

The messages released earlier today and featured on a couple of threads here at ATS regarding the murder of journalists appear to have coincided with this action on the part of the CIA and State Department.

The NY Times article stated that among the enemies threatening the security of the United States, the Pentagon has added WikiLeaks.

From NY Times:
"The Pentagon assessed the danger WikiLeaks.org posed to the Army in a report marked “unauthorized disclosure subject to criminal sanctions.” It concluded that “WikiLeaks.org represents a potential force protection, counterintelligence, OPSEC and INFOSEC threat to the U.S. Army” — or, in plain English, a threat to Army operations and information."

So the attack on Wikileaks appears to be real and something we should all be watching closely.

trueslant.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Look for Fox News and Glenn Beck to trash this websites reputation -- coming up tomorrow or sometime later this week.

I don't KNOW this to be true, but be on the look out for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Here is the link to the NY Times article from 3/17.

Pentagon Sees a Threat From Online Muckrakers

Interesting this news comes out a few days before the news about the journalists.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
the best thing for wikileaks would be to be anonymous ...

with some agencies knowing who they are, its very easy to track them down ...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I wonder how they plan on discrediting the site and the reports they have on it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Doesn't wikileaks use a bounce around type system for the IP inorder to keep it anonymous? If so I could see them trying to use that to get info on everyone involved for "Matter's of national security". Next thing you know wikileaks will just be Al Qaeda trying to get info for another attack

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Awolscout]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

Daily Telegraph

SBS reports a US Army expert has recommended trying to undermine WikiLeaks by exposing its contributors, whose anonymity it has sworn to protect.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think it important to note that the last major revelation I recall from Wikileaks was the 9/11 pager messages. It occurred to me that the pager info was handled in a similar fashion. It was announced then released at a later time. Wikileaks used the event and the extra traffic generated during the waiting period to request donations. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against requesting donations...just pointing out a similarity.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
As far as Wikileaks are concerned, this is playing right into their hands.
Any public degregation of the site is simply ammunition to prove that the US defense HAS something to hide by insisting those who own/control the website are nothing more but "nuts."
Once the video comes out however ALL of the world will see who the real criminals are. Ironic that the UN holds war tribunals by those who insist that the guilty parties get punished, yet those very same people have blood on their hands.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I offer some speculation...,

From any perspective it is a good thing that Wikileaks is becoming more notorious. "No publicity is bad publicity", and the best protection Wikileaks can hope to get for all the trouble to which they are now (and have been) subjected.

Any and all attempts to discredit the site, especially by means of celebrity talking heads and government service functionaries only serves to credit the organization with efficacy. Nothing in the archives indicates that it has ever been - in any way - a disinformation tool. (Unlike the majority of information sources to which we are subjected.)

Americans, I believe, at this juncture are now ready to finally accept that 'secrets' (operational or otherwise) only serve to create a cultural gap between policy and decision-makers and the people they are duty-bound to serve.

Wikileaks cannot now, nor have they ever been in a position to, reveal any information that threatened ANYONE except those who are knee-deep in malfeasance.

"Information" must never be a commodity to which only one group is permitted. Especially when we have been buffeted in the face repeatedly by an establishment whose only true "power" has manifested itself in the form of our ignorance being exploited.

I feel Wikileaks has already played its winning card, and at this point nearly any action taken against them will have to be done in the light of public attention. Unless the 'actors' are a truly base and sleazy lot, in which case, they deserve to be found out.

The real crisis for the establishment and abusers of trust is that this organization puts information in the hands of actual people who, despite their evident attitude, are often smarter than they are. Hubris is a terrible flaw in public service, a defect of character that contributes to the abuses that trust in this type engenders.

Wikileaks could represent, the soul of the journalistic ideal, we DO have a right to know, someone DOES need to break REAL stories with EVIDENCE that can be judged for its own merit, real news is NOT produced... it is reported.

Wikileaks is not part of the MSM. This aggression against her seems CORPORATE, and has been manifesting itself in that manner from the onset. Now the CORPORATE has invoked its control of the government..... go figure.

/end speculation

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Government against Wikileaks.
Yep... thats fair.

CIA

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wikileaks need to put all the documentations they have published on their site (and unpublished docs in their possession), regardless of perceived value, into downloadable zip packages and upload them to torrent sites and download sites such as rapidshare.

This wont be of huge use to most people, but if wikileaks gets shut down, then the information would still be out there. It then can be republished at the will of people that have downloaded the documents.

Although this does nothing to continue the leaking of information from informants that is detrimental to government/corporate plans that might be focused at hindering the people of not just the USA, but people around the world.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Update:
Wikileaks has released an editorial today 3/26/10.

US must stop spying on Wikileaks

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The men and women who have the fortitude to post on wiki leaks and the people responsible for running that site have only one name they should be called- HEROES! The US and these other gov's are just trying to hide all the murdering and other foul crimes agaiunst humanity they do on a daily basis. We must all do our best to keep sites like Wiki-leaks up and running and those who would post there safe and secure!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
wikileaks posts a threat to American servicemen. it should be shut down and its operators held in gitmo as terrorizers. end of story.

Why do you guys always assume America is the enemy?

If you have friends serving in the military and if wikileak leaks out sensitive information that helps a terrorist kill your friend would you still be defending them?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hey you know what else would cut down on service member deaths? Not being involved in an illegal and immoral war as a VOLUNTEER. They don't want to be hurt I totally understand but they volunteered to be there and these wars have nothing to do with freedom or liberty for anyone. They are about money so don't try to guilt people into not sharing information about a government that regularly murders innocent people to hide all the other crimes they commit against humanity!

new topics

top topics

join