It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't imagine things being "the same" after 2012.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What i mean is, I feel in my heart and my gut that the world of 2015, 2020, will be fundamentally different from how the world is now. The old paradigms will fall apart, people won't be arguing about Left vs. Right, or starting new wars, or fighting wars, or listening to crappy music, or any of the crap they do now.

I have hope.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

i agree. the world is changing, now whether it be for better or for worse is the question.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So this is a feeling only. Do you have some feeling on what it WILL be like?

Edit to add: And what do you feel will bring about this change?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The world won’t be the same as the world is not the same today as it was in 1980. But It won’t change dramatically. If it does, well, what can i say. We will never know the final outcome.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
What i mean is, I feel in my heart and my gut that the world of 2015, 2020, will be fundamentally different from how the world is now. The old paradigms will fall apart, people won't be arguing about Left vs. Right, or starting new wars, or fighting wars, or listening to crappy music, or any of the crap they do now.

I have hope.

Do the emboldened bits really belong in a level comparison? How about selfishness and greed and those other p(r)etty things? I dream that good, compassionate individuals can listen to the crappiest music they like without some authoritarian telling them they shouldn't.

Anyway, one thing is for sure, it will be 2013 or some number further along the right side of the real number line, so no, it won't be the same as 2012.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Still the same as today - just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There are so many people pinning their hopes on something extraordinary happening,that i am afraid the population may slip into a global depression if some phenomena fails to materialise!

That may be the real legacy of the 2012 speculation!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Oh god please YES!

I really would like to feel what you're feeling though. Howver there would only have to happen a major event for things to really change.
Such as: 1. Alien invasion
2. Government Et or Anti-gravity tech. disclosure
3. 2012 Doomsday prohecy.
I don't believe that humans can save themeselves, there will always be a defective fraction to screw things up for all the rest, whether by design or not.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
There are so many people pinning their hopes on something extraordinary happening,that i am afraid the population may slip into a global depression if some phenomena fails to materialise!

That may be the real legacy of the 2012 speculation!

Actually, this could work. Besides, if it's bad enough, the population reduction requirement could be met and people would be too depressed to fight. We can all shed our tears into one-world hankies.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Agreed!

I think the vast majority of us are yearning for a change for the better, and many ,many people are looking forward to 2012 with baited breath,hoping that this is the time when humanity finally gets some answers!

Added to this,the fact that this date is just over 2 years away,things are going to start coming to the boil very soon!

Imagine how crushed people will be if nothing comes to fruition on this date? It may be the most miserable start to the new year ever known, for many believers!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by scobro]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I hope 2012 brings change, like a great cleansing, in a form of a "great flood" where only those of loving, caring humans live.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I ask you this young sir.

Did you always have this feeling that some massianic event is going to happen in 2012, or did you get that feeling after you read that a massianic event will happen in 2012? Are you sure that it is you that feels this way? Or have you just been brain washed?

The massianic event has always been aticipated. This is nothing new. It is OLD, it is platitudinous! Maybe we should try something new eh.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Crapsghetti]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I too have always had a "block' on seeing life past my 30th birthday....which will be in 2012. When I think of 2015-2020, 2025.... I can't grasp it... When I heard that 2012 was the end of TIME, it made sense that maybe we are no longer keeping track of time in the same way..or that it will be 'frozen' and we wont age or something...

The possibilities are endless and I really believe it is up to US to create whatever we want for the future...

Peace!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by the Quetzal
I too have always had a "block' on seeing life past my 30th birthday....which will be in 2012. When I think of 2015-2020, 2025.... I can't grasp it... When I heard that 2012 was the end of TIME, it made sense that maybe we are no longer keeping track of time in the same way..or that it will be 'frozen' and we wont age or something...

The possibilities are endless and I really believe it is up to US to create whatever we want for the future...

Peace!

finally someone who thinks it's possible!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by S.O.66

Doubtful, technology doubles every 2 or 3 years so I can only imagine what the world of 2020 would be like.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
CHANGE IS A CONSTANT
be it today, tomorrow, or two years from now.
What we are going to see, is things getting worse over the next two years.
Sadly, we will see more Heaven's Gate scenarios.
We will see more false prophecies, and those who blindly follow them.
We will see the gap between conspiracy theorist and sheep change and evolve.
We will feel more oppressed, depressed, and OBSESSED with finding truth.
Mark my words..Dec 22 2012, WILL bring about change..but it won't be what you think.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

I have hope.

Your heart is telling you the truth. If only more people would listen to their hearts rather than to their brain washed heads.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig

Doubtful, technology doubles every 2 or 3 years so I can only imagine what the world of 2020 would be like.

Technology?
That's a bit broad, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As technology progresses at a faster rate. Anything is possible. Yes the future does appear to be changing more than ever before.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by MushroomWig

Technology?
That's a bit broad, don't you think?

That's the point, the future is broad, with many possibilities. And can progress in many ways. People are stuck in the past, and don't realise that in our lifetime we will see many amazing things and changes. And the earth we are all stuck on, won't always be the same.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join