It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your new map of North America!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This isn't especially new, is it? I don't think this is a prediction of future political, national divisions.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by DelMarvel]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

LOL The fact that you cant take a snappy reply proves your canadian

HAHAHAHA you beat me to it! couldnt agree more.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sadly, if the US goes down, Canada goes down too. We're so intertwined in so many things, that it'd be a domino effect. 81% of Canada's total exports go to the US, 20% of that over just 1 bridge, the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit. The goods that go over that one bridge is equal to all US exports to Japan. 67% of Canada's imports are from the US. Plus Canada's the largest supplier of oil to the US. We share electrical grids and many hydroelectric dams. Remember the 2003 Northeast Blackout? It took out Ottawa, Toronto, and Windsor as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You frogot to mention the polar bears and to end your message in Eh

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Oh, I dunno. texas' admission to the union included a provision that it could split itself into five separate states. It's like America's Voltron.

Additionally, does East tecas have much in common with the southern tip? The western portion? The plains? It's a pretty culturally-divided state, owing to its size and geographic diversity. I can't imagine Houstoners and the people in El Paso are espcially uniform, eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

Tom Green is something you consider good?

"My Bum Is On The Cat" Tom Green? Is there another Tom Green I've never heard of?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Granted I've liked almost all the people I've met from Canadia.

Don't you guys want to break away from eachother, French vs the Western Half?..

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Of course I can take it, I'm Canadian.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicodeme

I hate to agree with you but your absolutely right. The long term effect will be global, thats why we're seeing countries go away from the US dollar...they see it coming. I was reading an article from the Las Vegas Examiner where it looks like our credit as a nation now is so bad that Obama has given the Chinese eminent domain in order to secure more capital. This is frightning, they then would have legal right to claim land here in the US if we can't pay off the debt to them.

Heres the link: www.examiner.com...

Quote from the article:
"President Obama gave the Chinese eminent domain rights to American land and businesses as collateral - i.e. we don't pay, they now own America."

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If you can indeed take it then dont cry about it. LOL Besides we're all a little canadian arent we?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wylee

Pssh yeah right. Montreal is one of the best party destinations of the world. I would never want to give that up

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Yeah, and just look at how many European banks failed as soon as ours sank back in September/October 2008. Germany and the UK had similar bank bailouts as us, but that wasn't much talked about over here. When one domino falls, they all do, eventually.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodeme
Sadly, if the US goes down, Canada goes down too. We're so intertwined in so many things, that it'd be a domino effect. 81% of Canada's total exports go to the US, 20% of that over just 1 bridge, the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit. The goods that go over that one bridge is equal to all US exports to Japan. 67% of Canada's imports are from the US. Plus Canada's the largest supplier of oil to the US. We share electrical grids and many hydroelectric dams. Remember the 2003 Northeast Blackout? It took out Ottawa, Toronto, and Windsor as well.

See, another typical American. Clearly our entire economy would collapse without you. Notice how the housing crisis in America was a minor hiccup for us, and now are dollar is expected to reach 1.30$ USD within a few years. As America declines, our economy benefits by our additional buying power and we help to fill the vacuum. We're not as invested in America as you might think. We do 75+% of our trade with America because it's right beside us, it's out of convenience. If it wasn't there, why is it completely out of the range of possibility for you to imagine that we would focus that trade elsewhere?

I know it's hard for you guys to admit that the world will eventually go on without America, but it will. There will be bumps in the road as the transition happens, but overall, nothing that won't be smoothed over.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicodeme

Its true...its clear we have a global economy in place that is dearly needing some stability.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I always have a feeling someday Hollywood will move to BC. Once/if America falls, guess were the movie stars are going to go. Certainly not Mexico.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It would take time to switch everything over from trading with the US to trading with the world, but the point of this thread is when the SHTF. If that happens, and I'm assuming like a complete sudden stop in trade and possibly power and Internet grids going down, Canada and most of the world won't have time to switch things over so they don't get affected (infected?). I'm not saying Canada can't survive without the US, but given this specific scenario, there's been too much globalization and interconnectedness for Canada and other countries not to feel the pain as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

yup, thats the guy!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You do the most of your trading with us out of convenience? Really? That's the extent of your economical insights? Look I'm thrilled you love your country and you should...but please get in this reality...our two nations economies are tied together, the UK (Canada included) is in a mess along with the rest of Europe. The reason we Americans trade so much with you is out of a sense of community, long standing trade agreements and the fact that no one else on earth wants to buy Canadian crap! Again please take no offence, this is all in good fun.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Almost an exact duplicate of a Wikipedia map showing cultural zones for Native Americans pre-colonization.

This is not the future it is the past....

Native-Americans Culture...

Article it is from...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow, what a generalizationfest. Suspiciously reminescent of fragments of my childhood (growing up in Idaho)...... "My Dad can kick your Dad's ass"..

OP, what is the source of the map?

I'm pleased to see that once again, the dinky island nations are omitted. That's just what we hope for if TSHTF...... to be forgotten and left alone.

ATTENTION FUTURE MARAUDERS: We come from a long line of pirates more contemptible than you. We have nothing to steal, nothing to export, nothing to exploit. We favor bladed weapons, and can disappear in the bush in an eyeblink. We are not badasses like you; we don't even have guns, for the most part. We can be easily overtaken, but then what? We will dance and sing and perform for you while we serve you ciguatera-poisoned fish with a mango sauce.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join