It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hall of Human Origins" - Newly opened exhibit at the Smithsonian.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is very exciting.

This new exhibit is opening in the Anne and Bernard Spitzer Hall, in the American Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian Institution, here in Washington, DC.

Here's the LINK if you wish to explore the website describing it.

Getting 'buzz', as I heard it featured on NPR, via my local Public Radio station WAMU, and it also has a story in the 'Washington Post' "Weekend" entertainment section Friday supplement.

I'll be checking it out tomorrow, Saturday --- I'm told there is a photo booth where they will take the image of your face, and 'morph' it to resemble a Human ancestor from any of the many lineages that have existed, in the lead-up to homo homo sapiens. I might be able to upload it to my profile page, if I can figure out how....

It is good to see real science, and hopefully this will get a lot of visitors, and will educate many people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note:

Next Saturday, 27 March, is going to be a fun one too....in case there are any ATS members out there with Holiday travel plans in the area?

It's the 44th Annual Kite Festival, featuring "Kites of Asia", and will be at the NASM (always worth going back too, I can never get enough of that Museum!).

kitefestival.org...

[edit on 19 March 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Very cool, I wish I could see it.

Here is another site filled with info.
humanorigins.si.edu...

Floor plan.
humanorigins.si.edu...

Artist sketch.
img2.scoop.co.nz...
looks awesome Google image search David H. Koch Hall of Human Origins

If anyone gets a chances to check it out I would love a review.

I would really like to hear what a creationist that has checked it out has to say after

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I've been to the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit when they were on display in Charlotte, NC at the science center there... Would be fascinating to see the alternative and I'm sure far more intellectually stimulating that just viewing some scraps of sheep skin written on in a foreign language.

My envy on your visit.

new topics

join