It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Blade Of Grass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Have you ever sat down on the ground in a field,park or a garden and looked down to the ground and the surroundings around you? Well I often do and during these times my mind goes in to a state of heightened awareness.

I was sitting on the grass in a park the other day and I had an amazing meditational thought that I wanted to share with you.

Imagine that your sitting down on the grass in a park, the sun is shining, the clouds are nowhere to be seen its a lovely sunny day. Now look around you, your alone in the park with only nature the trees, the flowers, the birds and the grass under your feet are your only companions. Now look down to ground, look how each blade of grass is just there existing in a pattern that forms a luscious green ground cover spanning the park. Pretty amazing isn't it.

Well the other day I was doing just that, I was relaxing in the sunshine, alone in the park and just 'existing' with nature. I looked far down to the ground so far my nose was touching the soil, I tilted my head and I saw lonely blades of grass just existing in unison covering bare patches of ground. At this particular level, the ground looked very patchy, however, after I stood up and changed my perspective I could see that the very same blades of grass that seemed to cover patchy areas were indeed covering a vast area and the patchyness just disappeared and what I was left with was a lovely green thick carpet of grass spannig as far as the eye could see, it got me thinking.

I began to think that what if each blade of grass was to signify a human being on this planet and that this entire park held every human being in this world. That we were all together as one each one of us standing alone from the soil we we rose from and that each single blade of grass had a living consciousness within it. We all came from the same source (the ground) we all grew from the same indivisual sources (rain) and the (sun) we were just 'existing' making the ground look more aesthetically pleasing and adding to the beauty of the surroundings.

I began to imagine a lawnmower cutting down the blades of grass when they became too long, when they started to spoil the landscape, and their purpose was becoming obscure to them. (The lawnmower does not kill each blade of grass it merely shortens its length by cutting it so that again it can perhaps serve its true purpose)

As I imagined this I thought about what happens to the other self of the cut grass I thought about how each blade of grass would still exist around me but a part of it would exist elsewhere, like in a compost or if the grass is not taken away it is left to rot down, either way returns to where it first originated from (the ground)

As I pondered this in my head I began to think that maybe there is something to this concept that I could use to describe human life, maybe I thought, 'life' doesn't have to be so complicated. Its a possibility that when we do die we will return to the same source and that we will be reborn again. Its also a possibility that we are a fundamental part of nature and that everything around us just 'exists' as we do. As I sat and pondered all of this I saw me writing this thread and naming the title "A Blade Of Grass" I know some of you if not most of you will find this uninteresting but I suppose you had to be there to experience it. There was more to this but its a little complicated to write. The gist was 'life needn't be so complicated and that there will always be time to exist even when you may not think so'

A blade of grass can be the most magical thing you ever seen in your life

Thankyou for reading this.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Thanks for sharing this experience and pondering franspeakfree

I often think how our wandering thoughts could lead us to considerations resting closer to the truth than we sometimes realise.

Thanks for sharing.

[edit on 16/3/10 by lizziejayne]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hmmm, I'm trying to understand where it is you're trying to come from. I just can't.

However, Depending on what I was smoking at the time, Maybe I could understand..

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

As I pondered this in my head I began to think that maybe there is something to this concept that I could use to describe human life, maybe I thought, 'life' doesn't have to be so complicated. Its a possibility that when we do die we will return to the same source and that we will be reborn again. Its also a possibility that we are a fundamental part of nature and that everything around us just 'exists' as we do

Have you ever 'existed' for a space of time in a higher state of awareness?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziejayne

Thanks for sharing this experience and pondering franspeakfree

I often think how our wandering thoughts could lead us to considerations resting closer to the truth than we sometimes realise.

Thanks for sharing.

[edit on 16/3/10 by lizziejayne]

Gracias lizziejayne for your kind words and I am so pleased you have made time to read this thread and that you too have these wandering thoughts, I for one would be interested to hear about them.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Nothing as coherent and compelling as your offering franspeak, I'm afraid

In the main, they always take me to the same place and end up with the same conclusion - that life and existence is both exceptionally exquisite and yet, at the same time, unexceptional and unremarkable. Difficult to explain... but it's as though we, as individuals, place the highest value in that which is unexceptional and unremarkable about life/existence itself, while failing to acknowledge and hold dear that which is exceptionally exquisite.

A bit difficult to explain, so my apologies if it sounds vague and quite an ordinary meandering! It could quite possibly be. But for me, it is always a profound realisation and reminder.

I found it interesting BTW that it was nature and the natural that led you to your pondering - It's always in these settings (e.g. mountains, meadows, woodland etc) that allow/simulate my thoughts the most and lead to (for me) the most compelling connections and enlightenments. I've always thought that it's because that's where I've always felt most at "home" - but IMO it could possibly be that it's because that is where existence/life is closest to what it is... simply there and stripped of all the gilded artificial "trimmings" offered elsewhere.

I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have been through that many times, and it is a feeling that stays with you the rest of your life.

When you focus like that, you see and feel things in a different way. You see it from a single point, yet, can feel like you are everywhere, not just in that one little space. Great topic, and a S&F for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
I have been through that many times, and it is a feeling that stays with you the rest of your life.

When you focus like that, you see and feel things in a different way. You see it from a single point, yet, can feel like you are everywhere, not just in that one little space. Great topic, and a S&F for you.

Thanks FiatLux for your kind words, I am pleased that you also have experienced this, IMHO I think the world would be much better off if everyone was to witness the same experience, ie see something from a different perspective. I am pleased you took time out and read what I wrote, I didn't think anybody would that interested.

8 flags means alot to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziejayne
I found it interesting BTW that it was nature and the natural that led you to your pondering - It's always in these settings (e.g. mountains, meadows, woodland etc) that allow/simulate my thoughts the most and lead to (for me) the most compelling connections and enlightenments. I've always thought that it's because that's where I've always felt most at "home" - but IMO it could possibly be that it's because that is where existence/life is closest to what it is... simply there and stripped of all the gilded artificial "trimmings" offered elsewhere.

I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts

I am a very keen gardener and I grow many many plants and flowers in the summer I surround our house with plants and we always bring the outside in with everything that we do. I always like to sit and ponder when the weather is nice and its amazing how the mind works. Sometimes I can feel myself just floating off this planet and beyond.

If I have any more profound meditational thoughts I will indeed share them, as for now though, normal life resumes

top topics

join