It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Tommy Doesn’t Know What Day It Is
This is not musical, this is conspiratorial.

What day IS it actually? What year? According to which calendar? The Julian, the Mayan?

The calendars bleed together, I postulate...

Since humanity began as a conscious waking being, albeit a domesticated primate, the human race has been tracking the stars. Indeed, even ancient pyramids are aligned with them. Have you heard of that before? The pyramids being aligned with the stars I mean? You have if you've been on ATS for a time

Mankind likes to live indoors, but he also likes to track the stars. So the calendar that is current has no basis other than the position of the stars. What we see here has to do with Venus and Mars. The calendars we have are based on stars.

ATS, what do you say? ATS, what day IS it?
Do you know? Does anybody really know?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Today is Sunday, named so because the first day of the week, comes to us from the sun? The sun brings the first day.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Today is Sunday, named so because the first day of the week, comes to us from the sun? The sun brings the first day.

Randy, thanks for this reply. What I wonder about is the language part of what you say. Sunday being derived from the day of "the sun" makes sense. However that's only in English. And English is rather new in terms of language. That leaves a lot left to explain.
And then there's the whole TIME thing...
When did THAT begin?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It's one of the Gregorian days that end in why.

But who the # was George and why is his calendar special anyway?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy

That first part is funny.

George was an English king.

I think I might search the ATS for the history of calendars and about time in general.
And then make a time thread

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"Pinball Wizard" is actually about the political process, and the Illuminati's manipulation of it; we all, united, are Tommy, the deaf dumb and blind kid; we are being played by the machine (we can't see it or hear it, we can only feel how it moves in a vague way) to play it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
"Pinball Wizard" is actually about the political process, and the Illuminati's manipulation of it; we all, united, are Tommy, the deaf dumb and blind kid; we are being played by the machine (we can't see it or hear it, we can only feel how it moves in a vague way) to play it.

I always thought it was about being spiritually deaf , dumb, and blind. Tommy loses all those senses when his mother and future step father tell him "you didn't see it, you didn't hear it, etc" after he walks in on them having sex.

Looking at it like you say gives it a fresh perspective. I hadn't heard of that before. Thanks Solasis.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I actually made up that interpretation on the spot
I was pretty proud of it though; It's fun to read that sort of thing into anything. I'm thinking of starting a thread where I take requests and read conspiracy into any song

And, also, they don't tell him those things after he walks in on them having sex... they make him look in the mirror and believe that he saw and heard nothing after he catches them killing his biological father on his unexpected return from Vietnam. I think. Or possibly his biological father killing his biological mother's boyfriend on the father's return from Vietnam. That's what I remember, anyway, and I'm named after the show

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

I think I might search the ATS for the history of calendars and about time in general.

No such thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I actually made up that interpretation on the spot
I was pretty proud of it though; It's fun to read that sort of thing into anything. I'm thinking of starting a thread where I take requests and read conspiracy into any song

And, also, they don't tell him those things after he walks in on them having sex... they make him look in the mirror and believe that he saw and heard nothing after he catches them killing his biological father on his unexpected return from Vietnam. I think. Or possibly his biological father killing his biological mother's boyfriend on the father's return from Vietnam. That's what I remember, anyway, and I'm named after the show

You should be proud of it. I thought for a minute this whole time I had missed the crux of Tommy
Maybe I DID. Maybe your improv interpretation is the one everyone's missed .

They make him look in the mirror is right, and whatever they did to his head next, well Tommy must have thought it was himself. Sad.
But they DO tell them him that after he sees them having sex.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

No such thing.

If there's no such thing then it's open to me. But in what forum ? A dragonsmusic forum could be created, for the first ATS time thread.
Ok, with that one I might be in over my head

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Nope! From Wikipedia:

British Army Captain Walker is reported missing, and is believed dead. His widow, Mrs. Walker, gives birth to their son, Tommy. Years later, Captain Walker returns home and discovers that his wife has found a new lover. Captain Walker confronts the two, and the lover is subsequently killed in the struggle. To cover up the incident, Tommy's parents tell him that he didn't see or hear it, and that he will never tell anyone about the incident. Traumatised, Tommy subsequently becomes blind, deaf and mute.

Like I said: named after the show, I know it. In the movie, Captain Walker is killed instead of the lover, and that's why I wasn't quite sure

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Nope! From Wikipedia:

British Army Captain Walker is reported missing, and is believed dead. His widow, Mrs. Walker, gives birth to their son, Tommy. Years later, Captain Walker returns home and discovers that his wife has found a new lover. Captain Walker confronts the two, and the lover is subsequently killed in the struggle. To cover up the incident, Tommy's parents tell him that he didn't see or hear it, and that he will never tell anyone about the incident. Traumatised, Tommy subsequently becomes blind, deaf and mute.

Like I said: named after the show, I know it. In the movie, Captain Walker is killed instead of the lover, and that's why I wasn't quite sure

Solasis, thanks. I have loved the music for years, but obviously did not have the story down

That's great that you're named after it.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Nope! From Wikipedia:

So why does Wiki say that the lover is killed while in the movie, Captain Walker is killed?
Now I'm confused again!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

Not George, but Gregory. It was a Pope Gregory who put his authority behind the new calendar. It was special because it was slightly more accurate then the one Julius Caesar put in place, fitting it more closely to the exact length of the real year.
The non-Catholic countries were slower to accept it, which is why the Russians were a month behind by the time they had their "October Revolution" in the month which everybody else was calling November 1917.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

Not George, but Gregory. It was a Pope Gregory who put his authority behind the new calendar. It was special because it was slightly more accurate then the one Julius Caesar put in place, fitting it more closely to the exact length of the real year.
The non-Catholic countries were slower to accept it, which is why the Russians were a month behind by the time they had their "October Revolution" in the month which everybody else was calling November 1917.

Thanks for that, Disraeli. (sorry, KyleOrtonArmy)

Time is obviously as confusing to me as the plot from Tommy

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

But at least time is not as confusing to me as it was to the Russians in 1917

new topics

top topics

join