It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cell phones and being spyed on.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi
saw this on yahoo news:
news.yahoo.com...

what if the govt. is installing hidden spy ware on all cell phones?How would we know?
Has anyone here used this spy ware?

flexispy.com...

Ok if anyone can do this why can't the govt. install a chip into the phones listen,watch us at all times.This is scary talk about being stalked and never knowing.

Mods didnt know where to put this.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by teraform

the government are using it, it's called a roving bug and it is perfectly legal. weirdly, i was just discussing it in a different thread, must be one of those days.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hi
do you have link to the roving bug?
This is mind blowing.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yeppers creepy isnt it. This has been talked about and confirmed before. Did you know that they can also take a peek through your webcam on your computer?

Why would you mind though....its for your own good. (sorry am in a sarcastic mood today)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
lol I always make a point to shout out the people listening to my calls. This is an invasive measure and won't make a difference. After all whenever real intelligence is gathered about something bad happening we seem to like to sit on it and see how the situation plays out so we can be told afterwords more of our freedoms need to be taken in the name of safety, "because the current system just isn't effective."

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

sure, here's an article that discusses the subject and the pertinant excerpt from the judgment that is mentioned in the article.

while the judge suggests that a separate microphone was added to the lawyers phone, it is believed that it was the phones integrated mic that was actually used, and TBH, this makes an awful lot more sense.

i also remember reading about human rights lawyers and journalists being routinely checked using this tech but i can't find the source.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by teraform
what if the govt. is installing hidden spy ware on all cell phones?How would we know?

This is really "old" news.

Govt. thugs have been doing this for a long time.

I knew long before this cell phone tap technology had ever been mentioned that this was possible because "they" were turning on my cell phone's mic and draining the battery way too fast for normal operation.

Answer is....

If your battery dies faster than normal you either have...
1. A defective battery or cell phone.
or
2. Your phone's mic is being turned on when not in use and functioning as a room "tap" wherever you go.

Like in the movie "Steal this Movie" Abbie Hoffman said....
"Once you get the government's attention......... they never forget you."

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
there's an easy way to counter this, you can buy little stickers for your phone that light up when a signal is sent or received. they cost almost nothing and you can buy them anywhere.

it won't stop someone listening to you but if it's lit up like christmas and your phone's on the coffee table, you know things are amiss.

[edit on 11/3/10 by pieman]

[edit on 11/3/10 by pieman]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i have thought of this many times as well. i am a paranoid person by nature, so i always talk like someone's listening. maybe they are?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I've never really said anything on the phone that I would have to worry about.I'm not one to just get on the phone and b.s.I hardly use any of my minutes that I have each month.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wonder how true the stuff u see on the show 24 is. On 24 its apparently possible to monitor any cell call in real time . Also I remember hearing about a device called an infinity transducer that , with the old phones ,( the ones that weighed like 20 lbs hehehe and had rotary dials) it was quite possible to hear a conversation within the room where the phone was even tho the phone was not in use at the time. I wish I could remember where I heard this tho. Mighta maby been a Clancy novel, but im not sure.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You probably wouldn't. There would be signs of low battery life but that's about it. To just monitor your movements with a cellphone's GPS or through cell tower triangulation, there might not even be any battery drain.

If you want truly secure cellphone service, buy a prepaid cellphone with cash, get a new one with a new number every 3 months when the minutes expire.

When not using your cellphone turn it off and take the battery out of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

Great advice, taking out the battery i will start doing
Can't help to think about all the iphone users who can't take out the battery.

I love the sticker will also look into them and I will be watching for quick battery loss

I have the htc droid and the battery loss is already quick.

Still hoping that someone here has tried the spy ware.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbox1980

good idea, even if it is used in that way it can't run without power

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphyhurtme

Originally posted by Bobbox1980

good idea, even if it is used in that way it can't run without power

not a whole lot of use if someone is calling you though!!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Wow.

I've got a Civilian Spy ring tracking me now, that know the local P.D. has been corrupt with me since the early teens.

And, they tend to like violence, like them games on these computers.

May the best score carry further, this round.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If the government wants to listen in on someone's calls, they don't have to. There are a few computer systems that we use (Prophet is the one I'm mainly thinking of, but there are a couple others), with the capability (amongst others) of listening to specific phone signals. While its technically illegal to listen in on cell calls in the US without express permission, they're used all the time in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But I wouldn't worry too much about them using one to listen to your own calls since a Prophet is extremely expensive and it would take most of the annual DOD budget to field enough of them to listen everywhere in the US.

Just sayin'...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artilleryman
But I wouldn't worry too much about them using one to listen to your own calls since a Prophet is extremely expensive and it would take most of the annual DOD budget to field enough of them to listen everywhere in the US.

Just sayin'...

this is ATS, you need to consider that the way the DOD budget works is that the government works out what it can get away with spending (the budget) on defense and the defense contractors then pitch their prices accordingly.

anyway, the cost/sell ratio is not likely to have been broken down, if the government wants to have 20 prophets above board and 500 on the QT, the supplier just takes the price for 520, divides it by 20 and sticks that on the invoice.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The government doesn't really need to 'install' anything. It works through the carriers in project STELLAR WIND

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The government can access your phone even when the battery is removed. I am not ENTIRELY positive of the technology, but I do know that the power comes from either the capacitors and batteries inside the phone, or uses transducers to pick up ambient and broadcast frequencies in the air and uses them to power the microphone and outgoing transmissions. It works in a way similar to the Powermat charger device that has recently come out. The government can not only listen to your conversations, or surroundings, but they can also pinpoint your location and even go as far as sending surveillance drones or satellite airstrikes to your location. The upside to this technology is that it can be utilized to access the cell phone networks for free service, but then you have the problem of the government tracking you AND that will only attract their attention more. It used to be possible to disable this feature in your phone by circuit modification, the producers of cellphones now design the circuit in a way that makes that part of the circuit necessary for any other function of your phone.
Here's another piece of information for you: your motor vehicle most likely has a similar device or series of devices, but it uses RFID instead of IMEI. The same sensors in the roads that detect when a car is waiting at a stoplight also detect when a car passes it, and detects the specific identity of the owner of the vehicle each time. These detectors reside on public roads, highways, toll booths, bridges, etc. So, not only can the government track your phone, they can track your vehicle, or tell when you are at home. In addition to that, vehicles with electronic starts (i.e. Minivans with magnetic fobs in place of keys) can be turned off at any time. All of this is entirely free to the government, and all of it is VERY beneficial to them as well. Basically, you, your car, and your phone are on constant surveilance, especially if theyhave reason to. After this post, I'm probably going to destroy my computer, they are most definitely concerned with what I know about all of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join