It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Little Girl, But Your Parents Are Gay, So No School!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Let me ask you this: If you know about all the evil christians do, why are you still a member?

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ

and

You know all the evil humans do, yet you have not killed yourself obviously...

Semper

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
A terribly sad situation for the little girl. I certainly hope this wasn't a stunt by the parents to use the child as a pawn to make a point, as someone alluded to above. That would be a double tragedy.

I for one am not surprised at the unChristian-like behavior of the school. I've seen every bit as much unChristian-like behavior from churches as I have from any other administrative body. I've seen atheists demonstrate more Christian attributes than some so-called devout, self-proclaimed Christians. It probably isn't very Christian of me to judge the school's motives, so I'll make an attempt to not do that.

At the end of the day, we're all flawed humans with our own idiosyncrasies and hypocrisies. You can never please everyone. I'm confident the school really believes it's the right thing. I certainly disagree. Another example, for me at least, about the folly of putting your faith in an institution rather than The Word.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

It proves that cruelty to children is acceptible to those holy folk that will be going to heave. Poor kid. Is she a good choild. Does she have the capicity to love? This is a barbaric interpretation of the bible.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I think this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario's though. They openly state that if they admit the child that they will teach her that her parents are an abomination, so rather than put her through that, they simply choose not to admit her. Under that circumstance, I think it is best for the child not to attend.

Honestly though, don't those religious-types have ANYTHING better to do than sit around and hate on other people?

Seriously?? There is NOTHING else they can do but talk about the actions and choices made by other people??

Disturbing. I kinda imagined more happened in religious institutions than just the spewing of hatred.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You people do realize that, this is a private school? As in non-public.... you know... for those that want their child indoctrinated into a catholic upbringing?

If it's about a better education, maybe these protesters should focus their energy on improving the public school system. That would help us all!

If it's about spirituality, go buy the kid a cabala bracelet and send her on her way to enlightening.

Or get a bible and teach her their own interpretation, imagine that?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Let me ask you this: If you know about all the evil christians do, why are you still a member?

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ

and

You know all the evil humans do, yet you have not killed yourself obviously...

Semper

Don't be like that man!
No one said I was proud to be Human, nor did I infer that you should kill yourself...I am saying that the evil we do is this..your op...

/the church

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

How is homosexuality any more an abomination than adultery? They are both considered sins and they both revolve around the issue of sex.

Seriously, if little Jane's father had a scandalous affair with another woman within the congregation wouldn't God frown upon their behavior? Yet, by your logic little Jane should be able to still attend Catholic school despite the sins of her father.

What if little Timmy's father killed another man during an act of road rage? That's murder, yet by your logic little Timmy should still be able to attend both church and school.

How about little Susie's mother and father who both take the Lord's name in vain on a semi-regular basis? That's blasphemy, yet by your logic the church should turn a blind eye towards this particular sin and allow the children admittance to their school.

Sin is sin and such would qualify as "pissing god off big time."

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Perhaps...just perhaps, these two parents ('cause that's what they are: Parents.) wanted their child ('cause that's what she is: Their Child.) to have the education that Catholic schools are, and justly, known for providing. Naaah, that couldn't possibly be the reason...it's only a stunt...

Catholic school -vs- public school? As the product of public schooling I have few, if any, fond memories of the education I was provided... I've seen the results of Catholic Schools. Guess which I prefer...?

Catholic schooling is far superior. Yes, there are the holier than thous present...but is that any different then the "Oh, my daddy is a doctor...I can buy and sell you..." types in the public school systems? Not a great deal, says I.

As for the bigotry that so many of you are implying of all Catholics? Here's a hint: You're wrong. Many Catholics, dare I say most, especially American Catholics have grave issues with this sort of thing...

Generalizations of Catholics as bigots is, in it's own little way, just as bigoted as the event you're decrying.

Should the little girl be allowed to go to school there if her parents so choose? Of course. Holding a so called sin committed by her parents against her is wrong. So is calling the relationship of her parents a sin.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

I meant some humor in that.. Sorry it was misinterpreted..

My meaning was that just because some people do evil in the name of Christianity, does not mean I have to...

"Don't throw the baby out with the bath water"

Semper

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

But, you see, it's not my logic, it's the church's logic.

I just think they have a right, as it is their beliefs, to not accept anyone based on any reason they want, as it obviously is an affront to their own interpretation of god and his will (and/or they are maybe actually looking out for the kid here, possibly sparing her some confilct).

And who are we to cherry pick and tell a religion we do not HAVE to belong to, who and what and when they can make these judgments for, when we clearly disagree with their overall dogma and decisions? (These parents clearly disagree with the DOCTRINE, or they would not be in a lesbian relationship, which is fine with society[which we all must participate in] but clearly not fine with the church[which we don't have to have anything to do with])

You know religion is religion, they exclude who ever they want. It's their RIGHT. So, do muslims, jews, satan worshippers, etc. have a right to accept or not accept someone into their organizations for any reasons they want? If not, please explain why?

[edit on 8-3-2010 by elcapitano75]

[edit on 8-3-2010 by elcapitano75]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

OK, so as a Christian I have to ask this..

Is this Christian Behavior?

Short answer, no. But, that is how most Christians think, and if you are a Christian, then you know this to be true.

How is it the little girls fault what the sexual orientation is of her parents? How can they, with good conscious, punish this little girl for actions beyond her control?

Yes, Yes, I know she can always go to another school, but in all reality this is not so much about the little girl as it is about this particular school and the basic foundation of Christian Principles.

Semper

It is not the girl's fault, just as it wasn't my fault that my parents were straight, and hetro. The thing is, it is a Catholic school, not a public school. Church schools do not have to follow the separation rule, I don't think, as public schools have to do.
One thing is clear. Gays are not going away anytime soon. The religious types just need to get over their petty differences and live on.

Case in point: If you, dear reader, live in a small town, and down the street lives a gay person. You never speak to the person, and never happen to run into this person on the street. In fact, you only know the person is gay because someone told you so.
Do you automatically hate the person for being gay, even though they have done nothing to you? Do you spend hours talking to your church members, trying to figure out how to get the person to move away?

This seem to be the mentality of the religious crowd. Hate everything not mentioned in the Bible, and anyone that does not go to your church is a sinner, and going to hell, and you don't speak to them, unless you are "witnessing" to them.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Where is the outrage at the PARENTS for using their child to score political points against the Church?
A child should not be used as a weapon by those with an ax to grind against the Church. A child should not be used as a cash cow to instigate a lawsuit.

The Church even said the child would be allowed to finish the school year. they are not kicking her out!

[edit on 8/3/10 by FortAnthem]

Not a parent, but WTF!!!

They are using their child as a soapbox. Extremely disgusting and emotionally manipulative on soooo many levels. And what values/morals are they setting for their child? That it is ok to sacrifice the weak to push a point? That prostituting others to the circus is fine and dandy as long as the opposition is vulnerable to the attack and the prostituted is unable to stand for themselves? And maybe, just maybe that fabrication of truth to discredit the opponent is acceptable...or so say I.

And no it is not a Christian value...on either side!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Short answer, no. But, that is how most Christians think, and if you are a Christian, then you know this to be true.

Wow. That's like, really, not only an extremely condescending statement, it reeks of blind prejudice.

This seem to be the mentality of the religious crowd. Hate everything not mentioned in the Bible, and anyone that does not go to your church is a sinner, and going to hell, and you don't speak to them, unless you are "witnessing" to them.

See above.

I'm not sure where your interactions with "Christians" specifically and the "religious crowd" in general have been (or even for sure what that means), but you have a very blatantly skewed perception. It never fails to amuse me how Christians are the one group that can be slandered with complete impunity.

Placing everyone into the same labeled bucket based upon the actions of a few... what's that called again?

That's okay though, we can handle it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join