It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they just land?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i have never been taught or informed that balls of plazma can ever 'land' or touch the Earth...

the plazma energy we 'see' has its whole lifetime soaring in the various levels/zones of the atmosphere.

plas·ma [plázmə]
n
1. fluid component of blood: the clear yellowish fluid component of blood, lymph, or milk, excluding the suspended corpuscles and cells
2. blood substitute: a blood substitute prepared by removing the cells and corpuscles from donated sterile blood and freezing the resulting fluid until it is needed
3. ionized gas: a hot ionized gas made up of ions and electrons that is found in the Sun, stars, and fusion reactors.
Plasma is a good conductor of electricity and reacts to a magnetic field, but otherwise has properties similar to those of a gas.

4. green chalcedony: a green variety of chalcedony. Use: gems, decorative ware.

[Early 18th century. Via late Latin , "image, creation" < Greek , "something molded" < plassein "to form, mold"]

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

what we are interested in is definition #3, Plasma as ionized gas entity,
the 'image' or 'creation' we 'see' is patched together in our brain with our ability to completely build-out a form and see a pattern that conforms with our sensibilities --- ergo, a flying saucer is the final product our brain recognizes & is comfortable with... in the interim, the plasma gas goes about its merry way, but will never touch earth/land

just my view,
thanks

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I saw a detailed and completely still (except for a large circular red light that was on and slowly turned off as another yellow light came on next to it) disc shaped spacecraft above the trees outside our house when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was in Libertytown MD and I've since been contacted through interactions with people, as these people in my life became what some may call possessed and by some who were obsessed - being used to complete their part in bringing the explaination to me (including my fanatic christian mother and athiestic - skeptic type father). It's simply been explained to me in beyond convincing fashions, and there were prophecies told over me in my life by "seers", while only the death of my best friend could've even made it possible for me to find the second set of seriously precise prophecies concerning the ufo and the people in my life chosen to complete these works, and on the year prophesied 30 years prior, while also coinciding with the details in a seperate prophecy seen and told to the congregation by a "seer" at a church, when I was a teen. I can explain why they won't be landing to come save the world, or to prove people right or wrong, or to do whatever else one might imagine. They (ufo's) and ghost's can materialize and dematerialize only when it's allowed, and only when it's necessary to help finish the plan that's been set in motion long ago. If you live in a world of doubt because you haven't been shown the truth about the much more intelligent life outside our tiny planet, then you must humble yourself and realize that you haven't been shown yet for reasons concerning this plan - what can be likened to a reward system. Some of us are meant to stay very critical and stay very objective to fulfill our parts, as I've been fulfilling my part for my entire life also. Life is much stranger than most people can even start to imagine by the places they find themselves in this stage of their lives - no matter how successful or special to the others around them. Much love to you all, and if any of you have experienced similar things, then I'd love to hear your stories too.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
OK, so they land on Main Street, USA. Then what do they say? "Here's a ray gun so you can kill Arabs more efficiently." Or how about "Here, take this replicator, now you don't need bankers or their money." And how come whenever you see a bunch of UFOs they're usually flying around freely, not in some kind of orderly formation. It's like extraterrestrial anarchy up there. Our fascist authoritarian leaders could never tolerate such a thing.

They probably see us as a primitive ant-like species whose whole life revolves around serving the interests of the colony. I'm surprised they bother to visit us at all. Maybe it's just for amusement purposes, like visiting the zoo... don't feed the humans kids.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Why would they land? If they're so advanced that they can travel so many light years to earth, what could we possibly offer them that would be interesting for them?

Do you look at every bug and check out the bacteria living on it? Of course you don't, there's soooo many bugs out there, and we have things to do that are more interesting or worthwhile to us. Even if they were to check us out, why would they do it in a way we would notice? If you examine bacteria through a microscope, do you "contact them"?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i think that they are peaceful and they probably don't want to show theirselves for maybe these reasons
1. they love our movies, books, stories, etc.
2. we are a galactic oddity and they are studying us
3. they like messing with us
4. there is some kind of galactic republic or even multi galactic republic and their waiting for us to advance enough to be worthy of being invited
5. their secretly mining our world and taking minerals that are usless to us or wouldn't even know were missing.
6. they are mining us for important resource and only governments know about this, hell the govs might even be being paid of with alien money ar advanced tech or resources or something

but thats just my theory i think it makes sense though don't you?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I have thought about this many times. I have come to the conclusion that until the day proof is put before us they exsist and they then open up to us. All we can do is look at this and research the witness statements, vidio/photo image and draw our own conclusions based on not only what we have found out but also by our backgrounds and our way of thinking. As the way we are brought up, the books we read and films we watch do influence our way of thinking now.
Then the concepts of our religous ideas and interaction with people around us, does shape our thoughts to a certain degree. Then throw into this our sub concious and it gets more complicated.

Why dont they just land....
I have several of my own thoughts on this, both from their perspective and ours. Some people say that if they are more advanced and can travel the great gulf of space, they must have attained a peaceful society and are here to help us. For an example look at the people from europe when we were the advanced society for its time and we met the american indians that in our eyes were not so advanced. We had a society that was based on inventions and tech ( for good or bad) that seemed advanced to the indians and we could travel the vast distances across the oceans. That interaction did not go well for the indians either by human design or by greed/ego/religous ideas ect.
Then others think that the aliens are here for the detriment of the human race. That is another possible conclusion. With abducting humans, experiments and injections ect. I forget the country, might be asia or india. I will try and find the facts for you all later. A disease was spreading in a tribal area and causing health issues and deaths in children. So the western doctors who had medicines that could treat this disease went in and tried to explain what they were doing, but because of the low level of education and the local religous beliefs of the tribes. The tribal groups not understand the explanations given to them. The doctors innoculated the children by injections in their arms. Then after the doctors went away, the tribes hacked off the arm of the children that had been innoculated. They based this action on partly religous and social ideas and also that they did not understand about germs and bacteria. Talking of bacteria, some scientists are thinking that certain bacteria have a form of intelligence and can for want of a better word, think and then react to what is changing in their enviroment. They are aware of their enviroment.

Think of the human race as bacteria, then see the aliens (as humans) investigating the bacteria. We use dna markers to stain and track bacteria from people to people and animal to animal, we are devising dna markers that we hope can be tracked through generations to study the changes and spread of the dna. We take samples of bacteria from the main bacteria mass, experiment on it and then sometimes return the bacteria to the main mass to see what happens. we class bacteria as being an organism that is alive and can replicate and maybe think to some degree, but do not afford it the same rights we as human have. Could the aliens see us in the same light.
Then talking bout dna trackers, could all the new laws and especialy the new means of tracking people, and biometric id, eye scans and even the proposed dna scanners. Be the goverments way of checking who is human and spying on who is not. We might be in the middle of an alien war and not know it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Then others say that the powers that be are hiding the facts for their own reasons, and the facts should be told. This might well be the reason but another reason presents it self. What if there are aliens and for their own reasons they want the human masses to not know they are trying to take over. So by our goverments releasing the evidence of aliens. The said aliens might then switch from a secret, behind the scenes take over to a full invasion. There could be a secret war going on and our goverments are doing what they can to protect us. Yes some people who have spoken out and talked of aliens have met with some unexplained deaths, and there is a lot of confusion/misdirection and false rumours that seem to be spread by goverments. But an example is...someone who is privvy to information decides we have a right to know. Then as far as we, the masses can tell his death is strange and the facts dont add up. Have we all the facts ?, could it of happened this way yes/no ?. Do we know if the goverment silenced him or if it was the aliens or did a random group of events come together. That together look suspicous.
Example, there was a time that the usa only had a few nuclear bombs in its arsenal, but the goverment set out to make the russians believe they had many more, so as to stop the russians from further moving into europe and other parts of the world. yes it worked and there is bits of evidence pointing to the goverment even getting rid of a few people to keep the real truth secret. Was that wrong, yes and no. It stopped a major move into europe by the soviets that more than likely would of resulted in a much bigger and longer lasting conflict.
As some as said we could talk for years and years about this and never know, the above are just some of my own ideas and thoughts about why the aliens dont land and show themselves. If you then throw into the mix, the fact that from the outside we could be seen as a warlike and dangerous group, religion, greed, consuming resources, wars over resources, land, religion, colour, ect. We domt seem to be the sort of people you want living nexted door to you.
I had a talk with a friend about films showing aliens on earth and us going out to the stars and meeting them. So if aliens are watching us, can they tell the difference from a program about the dangers of smoking and a scifi film like avatar, independence day ect. Most films are based on, we meet aliens, we have war with aliens. Would you want to mix with or have someone living nexted door to you that turns his house and garden into a military camp, spends most of his money of ways to kill people and everytime he meets someone the bullets start flying.

As i said these are just some of my own thoughts, hope this thread carries on..

Brevis esse latoro obscurus fio - When I try to be brief, I speak gobbledegook...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Think of the human race as bacteria, then see the aliens (as humans) investigating the bacteria.

I just eradicated a colony of helico pylori, now you are making me feel guilty.

It can take centuries for alien craft to make it into the main stream media. I had an abduction experience back in the 70's where I was taken on a flight. It was revealed to me that during WW2, alien technology was used to contact the heads of all the governments and keep them in constant secure communication with each other. Imagine Nazi generals like Rommel talking buddy buddy with the British MI6! Or the US heads of state helping Japan attack Pearl harbor.

Whats the difference between seeing a UFO land and a psychotic episode?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your inflammation of the stomach, hope it clears up soon.

What you say could be true and this did in fact happen to you. There are many threads on this site and others saying that a group of people, goverments, military's are in communication and planning events, that we can only guess at.

Some evidence has been shown to give real moments in history when goverments backed both sides. Even to the point of letting events happen that harm their own country so that the goverment can mold peoples way of thinking to theirs. Or just to gain profit, land, ect.

Some people who say they have seen aliens land could be suffering from one of the many mental health issues out their, some could be lying, some could be jumping on the band wagon, then some could be sane people who are describing an event that is real and did happen. In each case, it should be looked at and conclusions draw from the evidence, but with an open proviso. As a person with several mental health issues could of escaped from an institution. Been off their medication and shouting they saw and spoke to aliens, and also they are king of the world and supreme ruler. Should we dismiss everything he says because he has the mental health issue label, no in my opinion no.

I know some people who are in everyday life and activities, completely useless, and have zero personal skills with dealing with others, but are very intelligent in a certain field. Some of these would be locked up and medicated if they did not show that they excel in one or more fields.

I hope i havent gone off subject, and i hope i answered your questions, to some degree..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They're observers. They dont seek to destroy us but to see what we do. We are there ant farm.

They have landed on a number of occations but not in any great number. They know this would be seen as aggresive and would cause panic.

Surrender to them. They are far more advanced. They can have the planet and they can have humanity if they know a better way.

Lets face it. We have'nt exactly done a good job. We prefer our leaders to be dumb with more money than sense.

Come and take me away please! I'll be your space bitch.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Humans are egotistical hormone driven pharma and money manipulated mad cave-men. That's why.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by entropy
Humans are egotistical hormone driven pharma and money manipulated mad cave-men. That's why.

That is an interesting sentance, would you like to expand upon it a bit more. With reference to this thread. Maybe flesh it out some.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
My question to you is why don't they just land?

Hi XxRagingxPandaxX , absolutely no offence, but the way you ask that question looks to me as if you really think that when they would do that it would be as simple as that, you know, they just land here and there for everyone to see, step out their crafts and start waving to us all.

It would not be so shocking when they would look just like us, or more realistic, that we would look just like them as is claimed by some people, but that is definitely not always the case.

Look for instance to this marvelous thread of karl 12,
UFO Occupants ~ Drawings,Sketches and Non-Human Reports.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And think for a moment that these kinds of creatures stepped out their crafts in your neighborhood and start waving at you, would you still step towards them then in order to get to know your new neighbours?

Why are they hiding?

When you read all the momentarily available UFO/ET information / witness testimonies from the last decades, you cannot say that they are really hiding themselves.

Why don't they just announce themselves publicly?

This is for instance what Lou Baldin alias “sleeper” here on ATS say about that in a interview with Linda Moulton Howe on www.earthfiles.com...

Lou Baldin: Aliens are not going to come down here and make themselves known.

Linda Moulton Howe : WHY NOT?

Lou Baldin: Because there is no point in their making themselves known. It would disrupt the schoolyard.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Simple: They are under obligation to minimize contact and engagement with humans. The exchange includes extremely limited technological advances for us, harvesting of Earth resources for them.

Neither side lives fully up to either the letter or the intent of this agreement and violations abound, which requires even more energy, diplomacy, and 'management' to control and keep secret from the rest of us unwashed masses.

Ultimately the rifts will widen and a crack will become a chasm. Let's just hope there is a silent benefactor hiding in the void to sweep in and either save us from ourselves or at least clean up the mess.

Or, I'm all wet it will really be all rainbows and rose petals on Earth for eternity.

Have a *cough* nice day...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Good day ATS
! My question to you is why don't they just land? I am a firm believer that we have been visited at one point or another in time but a question keeps going through my mind. Why are they hiding? Why don't they just announce themselves publicly? I don't know I guess i'm just kinda stumped thats all
. If you like please flag and star. thanks

[edit on 6-3-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

Top of the morning to you XxRagingxPandaxX, S&F for you and a good question.

In my opinion there really isn't any good reason for them not to land and announce themselves, except that they may have ulterior motives.

I have heard all of the favorite arguments so let's examine them.

1.) The world shutting down and being stunned, no one going to work.

Well duh, of course at least initially, but start firing people and let people starve a bit, they'll be back to work I assure you.

2.) The earth is too fragmented politically and who would the aliens side with? This might cause wars.

Why side with anyone, just tell everybody you exist and until the earth gets its chite together you won't be opening up trade negotiations with any side. Might be better for humanity if they did do this actually.

3.) We are not spiritually awake? yah, yah Billy Myers and the pleadian prositute sammassi.

This is the most laughable. You don't need to be spiritual to travel to the stars, you need to be smart. Correct we are not that smart yet, but spirituality has nothing to do with it.

4.) They consider us lower life forms. Sort like we do with our wild life. They don't give a crap to announce themselves.

This is possible, however we are very aware of the universe and its complexity and I'd say we are well on our way to becoming higher life forms. Somewhere out there has to be space faring civilizations that are just as screwed up as earth. We can’t be that uniquely stupid. Not announcing your selves with this arrogant attitude might lead to problems later on, not a good idea.

Let's also examine 2 disturbing reasons why they don't announce themselves.

1.) They are hostile and wish infiltrate earth to mold its future history to their liking. Maybe that's a future history without humanity.

Announcing yourself would make that impossible as we would be forced to think and adopt an attitude of how we fit into the greater universe. We would be forced for once to think as a planet and not some backwards patriotic, religious sectarian entities like we do now.

Then again why not just wipe us out now? If you we're a space farring civilization, conquering earth would be easy.

2.) They already have and left in the hands of the world governments to decide whether to do it.

Perhaps world governments still covet power,
and they just aren't ready. This is dangerous and backwards thinking.

So in my opinion we are only left with a couple of disappointing reasons why they don't. Scary actually.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I honestly hope they did not make any kind of deal with the Government, that would suck. I don't like how the Government tries to cover this all up, I think it is just wrong. They lie in your face, but it's not believable. I think it's time for the world to know... honestly.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I believe certain aliens do not need to land and make contact with Earth beings known as the public because they have everything under control already and have contacted the elite and military establishments on Earth.

If politicians can be bribed don't you think the aliens could give whatever to whoever they want in exchange for what the aliens want? ^Y^

[edit on 11-3-2010 by amari]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

They land where and when it suits them.
They are not here to save us.
They are not here to hurt us.
They don't care about us.
We are just one of the indigenous species on this rock (and somewhat pesky at that).
They don't care what we think and probably don't think we have even started to think yet...as was said in Men In Black "Human thought is so primitive it is considered a disease in most parts of the galaxy".
In short, we are of no consequence!
Therefore, they will do what they want, when they want, with or without our knowledge and if we occasionally get in the way, they simply kick us aside and go about their business.

They ignore our governments and our governments, in turn, ignore them.
Live and let live!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
I believe certain aliens do not need to land and make contact with Earth beings known as the public because they have everything under control already and have contacted the elite and military establishments on Earth.

If politicians can be bribed don't you think the aliens could give whatever to whoever they want in exchange for what the aliens want? ^Y^

[edit on 11-3-2010 by amari]

What exactly would aliens want? They can get all the natural resources they need elsewhere in the universe for free. And if they can travel here then they must already have access to virtually unlimited amounts of energy. There's only ONE THING this planet has that's a rarity: life itself. The Earth is one giant Petri dish for biological experimentation. That's why, despite my being an atheist, I think it's entirely possible some religious stories, like Adam and Eve, could be based on a kernel of truth. Millions of years of evolution didn't produce smart dinosaurs anyways.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Crito]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

This question has been answered so many times, that I don't know why people keep asking.

The aliens have no wish to remain a secret. However, they have no wish to interfere in the affairs on the earth and make the revelation themselves. They would like the governments of the world (mainly the US or the UN) make the announcement of their existence instead of just landing and revealing themselves to the public.

The aliens doing it themselves would be considered (by Cosmic Law) to be interference with Earth affairs or infringement on the free will of humanity - the aliens have no wish to do that.

The aliens approached the US government more than 60 years ago hoping they would reveal truth. But the US has not only refused to do that, they have prevented any other government or organization from doing it by using ridicule, disinformation, intimidation and even violence and murder.

The reason the US wants to keep presence of advanced alien a secret is that they think that will mean the loss of US domination of the world (economic, political, cultural, technological)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join