It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes I've noticed to the World Map (Timelineshift)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You do realize that they are around five or six different types of maps used for differnt reasons...or even different cultural interprations. IE western perception, of Janpaness perception. Anyways, where are you getting the information that continents and countries have moved? I'm pretty positive that if New Zealand moved...someone on the island would have felt it and it would be in news. Plus, I also feel this timelime continent moving business shows that we need to teach our students more geography.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

read the whole thread, it is way more than ust the map.... google earth is completely different as well.....

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Noticed missing post from Bryan2006 and I.C. Weiner on the original thread.... very wierd.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
I know there have been threads made by many people at this point, but I would want to add from my perspective as far as changes...

From my perception... I really think the timeline is going back in time...

[edit on 3/4/2010 by FoxStriker]

this is mine, its pretty weird.

Its not just Australia (yep i am one of the team claiming that land is moved and with differente shape)
I am looking this strange facts too:
The mexico gulf is more tall, Florida is outer to the east too, it wasnt pointing to the middle of cuba before, it was pointing like to one of the extremes of the island
Cuba is more long in size and more close to the continent (down to north) its strange! it was more short
Groenland has a different shape
The whole american continent is more slim than i can remember
I dont remember Hawai being in the middle of nothing ?¡?
Iceland is... almost above of england???? It was more at west to the left of england similar north orientation
the mediterranean also is disturbing, the islands are more big: corsica, sicilia. Italy is too much laying pointing to the east, it not was before in that way.
Japan is very very weird... is too much to the north!
I am scratching my head, its so dramatic the changes. I cant understand it

oh and...
I saw that Hawaii is not where it usually was located but ... snow in hawaii? since when?
I have no doubt that something has happened. continents, islands and weather are blown away
From when it happened? I did not realize the jump in the timeline until a few days
It's amazing, it's like suddenly find there is snow on the sahara desert!
I just am noticing a few weeks ago, Its is too much coincidence and frequency.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaper
Iceland is... almost above of england???? It was more at west to the left of england similar north orientation

We can close the thread now.

Scotland is directly above England and so anything that is 'almost above of' England would be nearer to Scotland.

And using left for West is cute - I think it's safe to say that global orienteering is not your forte here zaper.

This isn't to belittle you or the theory of things moving about - just talking about having a good use of landmasses as landmarks and giving directions from them to others as an indicator of cartography.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

We can close the thread now.

Scotland is directly above England and so anything that is 'almost above of' England would be nearer to Scotland.

And using left for West is cute - I think it's safe to say that global orienteering is not your forte here zaper.

This isn't to belittle you or the theory of things moving about - just talking about having a good use of landmasses as landmarks and giving directions from them to others as an indicator of cartography.

-m0r

english is not my native language. i am trying to say iceland was located to the left of these places (reino unido?) mmhh united kingdom and not over
i am not tyring to convince you or anybody, no proof, sorry
Anyway to the op... that is what i see has changed.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I know there have been threads made by many people at this point, but I would want to add from my perspective as far as changes.

I want to remind you that this is just my perception of what I believed happen, So please keep the Trolling to a minimum.

Here we go:

1)Antartica just got huge beyond belief-Size changes a bit due to ice formation, some maps cut it off, but it's the same

2)The pacific ocean shrank-Looks the same

3) the Aluetian Island of the Coast of Alaska are no longer leading to the tip of Russia-never did on any map I've seen

4)Australia Moved up- Same place

4)New Zealand Flipped around and was NE of Australia-It was SE when I went there and it still is

5) The Bahama Island have been displaced, Florida did not have these islands of their East Coast-Yes they did, numerous crusises over the past 20 years and lived on Paradise Island for a couple years.

6) North Atlantic and South Atlantic Oceans got smaller, North and South America are now Closer to Africa and Europe. -The distance is the same within inches.

7) South America looks like a wave pushed it -Where exactly?

8) the Falkland Island moved down from where they were or South America moved up.-No difference

9) Puerto Rico moved.-Nope gps on boat still charts the same

10) England moved closer to France and shifted.-Google Earth says no.

11) Greenland is way to close to Canada, it was never that close.-Yeah it was, that's how Eric the red got there

12) The Pacific Ocean Island looked squished as does Indoneasia and New Guinea-Maybe the map your viewing?

13) Africa moved up and the Meditteranian got smaller-Nope

14) Sweden and Norway looked as if they shifted down-Again maybe the map or your memory is faulty

15) Denmark was never that close to Sweden and Norway-WHen I was there it was

16) A chain of Islands that were never by Antartica and South America, looked like water bashed right through.-Antartica crusie, no difference

17) Cant confirm this one but wasn't Sri Lanka on the other side
(Anyone varify)-No, unless your map is jacked up

18) Long Island is now really close to New York-It was never that far to begin with

19) Japan is smaller and not as streched out.-Depends what map you look at

Cmon guy. Timeline shift? Or you haven't looked at a map in a while and aren't remembering properly? Are you looking at a not to scale map? In all seriousness the liklihood of us going back in time vs you having poor recall or looking at a not to scale map are extreme. In my mind this is just extreme arrogance on your part. My geography and recall are infallable, the maps are wrong, it must be a timeshift. Time for a reality check.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Some new things i've noticed:

- Alaska is HUGE. I dont remember alaska being so big, ever. It seems like its almost half the size of the U.S.
- Mexico has a random spike at the bottom that curves towards the bahamas. i remember it just trailing down towards south america. I dont remember that spike upwards.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

I think the idea is that the OP(and the others agreeing with and commiserating with him) shifted to this timeline/dimensional parallel, not that continental landmasses suddenly started physically flopping around the globe while celebrity headlines on newspapers flickered from death reports to scandal reports and back.

Also...in the multiverse concept, the possible timelines/universes are infinite in number, and therefore every possible iteration of the universe will exist, no matter how bizarre and strange or impossible-seeming. Given that range of possibilities, it doesn't appear odd at all to expect versions with 'mirrored' or 'flipped' landmasses.
edit on 4/29/2011 by Tsurugi because: Formatting. >.>

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

While I can't say I am experiencing this cartographic displacement you and the others are talking about...I still find it to be a fascinating idea.

Unfortunately, I am one of those poor stupid backward rube Americans the rest of the planet enjoys poking fun at, and I am absolutely horrible at geography. No sense of direction either. But if God had intended for me to memorize maps of the world and develop my psychic compass, he wouldn't have created me with a GPS in my hand.

So...if these shifts are indeed the reason for what you all are describing here, it is entirely possible for it to be happening to me as well. I would never know it. Not from looking at a map, anyway.

That brings me to a point for the skeptics looming over this thread: I submit that a failure of memory concerning the exact placement/size/shape of map elements is far more likely to cause an acceptance of a slightly altered map.
Many people can be expected to forget details of something as complex as a world map. Happens all the time. However, a person who has fuzzy memories of--or is drawing a complete blank on--the details of a map is not, upon viewing the map, compelled to question those same details. There is no conflict of data; the forgetful brain has no drive to attack information on the map in defense of information it does not have. At most there is a rueful "Oh yeah, that's what it's supposed to look like."

But...these people are exhibiting detailed memories of a slightly (or vastly) different map. That is not the same thing at all.

I am not saying shifts are occuring here. That is a possibility, but certainly not the only one. It seems to me that the purpose of this website is to encourage discussions of this nature; to allow people to explore the farther reaches of imaginable possibility...not to provide a virtual battleground for a permawar between Proposers and Debunkers.

I could be wrong, I am total newb here...but if I am wrong, then I doubt I will stick around long enough for my ears to dry out.

Because what is more fun? Going around tearing holes in everyone's "what if" questions? .......

....or having a conversation with people who might be from a parallel dimension?
edit on 4/29/2011 by Tsurugi because: General editing

edit on 4/29/2011 by Tsurugi because: Formatting

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
everything you just said its just the result of poor education

its not your fault

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
everything you just said its just the result of poor education

its not your fault

I know. One day I left the third grade...never went back to school. Now I'm here.

Gimme money. >.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
Some new things i've noticed:

- Alaska is HUGE. I dont remember alaska being so big, ever. It seems like its almost half the size of the U.S.
- Mexico has a random spike at the bottom that curves towards the bahamas. i remember it just trailing down towards south america. I dont remember that spike upwards.

That's right -- Alaska has always been that huge.

It's hard to remember what the world looks like. That just means that you're human, and your memory is faulty. Not that there's something paranormal going on.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Be nice if you showed us your maps.

I live in New Zealand and we have not moved.
We are still SE from Australia, our northern tip is level with Woolongong in NSW.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

I also recall Cuba in the position of your "memory" map, with a slight difference: the island was situated on a nearly perfect East/West alignment. In your map, the West side of Cuba is more North latitudinally than my recollection.

Also, the Atlantic Ocean seems much narrower now to me than it used to be...Africa is closer to Mexico it seems. Also, South America seems further South in relation to Africa in my mind's eye.

Very odd. Fascinating thread

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
that's wierd.
i noticed something with cuba/ puerto rico a few months ago. didnt think twice...
you're on to something.
I'd say it's not real, but thins are erie in this world.

Im visitin family deep south texas, as i type, the ground just started rumbling... nobody lives around here. hmmm. im tired

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I know there have been threads made by many people at this point, but I would want to add from my perspective as far as changes...

this is mine, its pretty weird.

The mexico gulf is more tall, Florida is outer to the east too, it wasnt pointing to the middle of cuba before, it was pointing like to one of the extremes of the island
Cuba is more long in size and more close to the continent (down to north) its strange! it was more short
Groenland has a different shape
The whole american continent is more slim than i can remember
I dont remember Hawai being in the middle of nothing ?¡?
Iceland is...
oh and...
I saw that Hawaii is not where it usually was located but ... snow in hawaii? since when?
I just am noticing a few weeks ago, Its is too much coincidence and frequency.

I deleted some of your post, but did not edit:
SNOW IN HAWAII IS NORMAL. You can actually ride it aka ski/board.
BUT, cuba, puerto rico, that happend probably 2 months ago. I'm "un-educated" but smart, and i noticed this a while back, and did not think twice on it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
then again i think im retarded

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

clearly some people do not understand what is a timeline and multidimensions

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 420CUMMINS

yes, timelines are different, all of them are now converging. Thats the reason LOT of people dont remember these things (I am sure this people is above 30 years age) in the way are in this timeline.
When i am saying above 30 years is because we have enough age to have experienced some of historic events and geographic incidents that were stored in "our memories" per se and not only have read in history books as the youngest people who has not lived them.
Now in this timeline, everything is fine for them... because they are youngs are they were living this timeline all their time of life.

hope make sense lolz english is not my language.

anyway... ligth brothers.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join